Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Does anyone play sports with glasses on? 19:23 - Nov 26 with 7661 viewsNewcyBlue

Do you have special glasses for sports? Something to keep them on your head?

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

on 20:04 - Nov 26 with 6005 views_

Does anyone play sports with glasses on? on 20:30 - Nov 26 with 5982 viewsITFC_Forever

on 20:04 - Nov 26 by _

There’s a lad who plays 6-a-side with us on Tuesdays who does that as well, doesn’t seem to affect him.

I used to take my glasses off to play, but admitted defeat pretty soon after and got contact lenses, then a few years ago had them lasered. Best thing I ever done. Other than the smell of burning flesh. That’s not so great.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Does anyone play sports with glasses on? on 20:33 - Nov 26 with 5974 viewsMenton

Does anyone play sports with glasses on? on 20:30 - Nov 26 by ITFC_Forever

There’s a lad who plays 6-a-side with us on Tuesdays who does that as well, doesn’t seem to affect him.

I used to take my glasses off to play, but admitted defeat pretty soon after and got contact lenses, then a few years ago had them lasered. Best thing I ever done. Other than the smell of burning flesh. That’s not so great.

Or, as the surgeon explained it to me, the smell of ‘cells oxidising’. Er, that’ll be burning eyeball then.

Gareth McCauley in Dead Man's Shoes
Poll: Which of our strikers will get injured for the Republic of Ireland tomorrow?

Does anyone play sports with glasses on? on 20:35 - Nov 26 with 5968 viewsBackToRussia

Yeah I do that when I play five a side, but that was with a no balls above head height rule so headers wasn't a factor.

But other than that there's no reason why you wouldn't.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

on 20:36 - Nov 26 with 5969 views_

Does anyone play sports with glasses on? on 20:51 - Nov 26 with 5946 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Does anyone play sports with glasses on? on 20:33 - Nov 26 by Menton

Or, as the surgeon explained it to me, the smell of ‘cells oxidising’. Er, that’ll be burning eyeball then.

Does it hurt?

I've always been thinking that it must at least hurt a bit?

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

on 20:53 - Nov 26 with 5943 views_

Does anyone play sports with glasses on? on 20:35 - Nov 26 by BackToRussia

Yeah I do that when I play five a side, but that was with a no balls above head height rule so headers wasn't a factor.

But other than that there's no reason why you wouldn't.

Does anyone play sports with glasses on? on 20:54 - Nov 26 with 5942 viewsVaughan8

I play 7 a side football and take my glasses off. I’m short sighted, not massively but enough that I need them for driving etc.

I h Ave to say it does affect me, but I couldn’t put contact lenses in ( I know, it’s pathetic, but I just couldn’t do it, I tried for days!). I have thought about getting some sport goggle things but just never got around to doing it.

I have some cycling (sun)glasses for when I go running but I don’t think they would be suitable for contact sports
Login to get fewer ads

Does anyone play sports with glasses on? on 21:13 - Nov 26 with 5914 viewsjeera

Swimming a bit obvious?

Darts.

Pool/Snooker?

I suppose Hurdles can't be easy.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Does anyone play sports with glasses on? on 21:22 - Nov 26 with 5906 viewshomer_123

Yes....though Whist isn't too physically demanding.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Does anyone play sports with glasses on? on 21:25 - Nov 26 with 5898 viewsBackToRussia

on 20:53 - Nov 26 by _

Dunno about decent shift but they don't even budge tbh

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Does anyone play sports with glasses on? on 21:36 - Nov 26 with 5887 viewsFtnfwest

Just did the Adams 10k with glasses, just my everyday ones mind
Does anyone play sports with glasses on? on 21:38 - Nov 26 with 5884 viewsjeera

Does anyone play sports with glasses on? on 21:36 - Nov 26 by Ftnfwest

No masking tape or anything?

(Well done btw).

Does anyone play sports with glasses on? on 21:46 - Nov 26 with 5873 viewsFtnfwest

Does anyone play sports with glasses on? on 21:38 - Nov 26 by jeera

No masking tape or anything?

(Well done btw).

Nah that’s for girls
Does anyone play sports with glasses on? on 21:48 - Nov 26 with 5869 viewsjeera

Does anyone play sports with glasses on? on 21:46 - Nov 26 by Ftnfwest

Nah that’s for girls

Well, of course.

Silly me!

Does anyone play sports with glasses on? on 21:50 - Nov 26 with 5866 viewsfactual_blue

Does anyone play sports with glasses on? on 21:36 - Nov 26 by Ftnfwest

A pint glass in each hand? If you didn't spill anything that's a spectacular achievement.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Does anyone play sports with glasses on? on 21:52 - Nov 26 with 5859 viewsFtnfwest

Does anyone play sports with glasses on? on 21:50 - Nov 26 by factual_blue

A pint glass in each hand? If you didn't spill anything that's a spectacular achievement.

Well to be fair the first pint I had was actually a ghostie in the lord Nelson and not a drop of that got spilled!
Does anyone play sports with glasses on? on 21:56 - Nov 26 with 5850 viewsfactual_blue

on 20:04 - Nov 26 by _

Nobby Stiles wore massively thick glasses off the pitch. I shudder to think how thick the contact lenses he wore for playing were.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Does anyone play sports with glasses on? on 22:22 - Nov 26 with 5822 viewsITFC_Forever

Does anyone play sports with glasses on? on 20:51 - Nov 26 by The_Romford_Blue

Does it hurt?

I've always been thinking that it must at least hurt a bit?

Anaesthetic has been invented and is a thing, so no.

Bit itchy after, but considering what has been done, you soon learn not to scratch the itch or rub your eyes as it could mess them up completely.

Was driving within 24 hours of having it done.... had them done on the Friday and drove to a home game the next day.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Does anyone play sports with glasses on? on 22:48 - Nov 26 with 5811 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Does anyone play sports with glasses on? on 22:22 - Nov 26 by ITFC_Forever

Bit itchy after, but considering what has been done, you soon learn not to scratch the itch or rub your eyes as it could mess them up completely.

Was driving within 24 hours of having it done.... had them done on the Friday and drove to a home game the next day.

Ha - I gathered some sort of paint relief was happening and that you weren't just being outright lasered. Just wondered if you can feel anything at all.

Must be hard to not itch the itch.

One of my teachers had it done and had to wear a pear of black goggles for the next week. He looked like a kn0b

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

Does anyone play sports with glasses on? on 01:13 - Nov 27 with 5733 viewsEireannach_gorm

Special goggles allowed Ian McKinley to play international rugby (for Italy) after being blinded in one eye.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/remarkable-story-ian-mckinle
Does anyone play sports with glasses on? on 06:33 - Nov 27 with 5674 viewsBenters

Lady B says Adidas sports glasses are very good.

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Does anyone play sports with glasses on? on 07:19 - Nov 27 with 5650 viewshoppy

Does anyone play sports with glasses on? on 22:22 - Nov 26 by ITFC_Forever

And your car didn’t look like it had been in the demolition derby at Foxhall on arrival?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Does anyone play sports with glasses on? on 07:38 - Nov 27 with 5634 viewsNewcyBlue

Cheers all (well most of you!)

It’s for Crossfit, the clock is too far away and I can’t see anything 5 feet in front of me....

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Does anyone play sports with glasses on? on 07:59 - Nov 27 with 5609 viewsimsureazzure

Against some of the worlds fastest bowlers ever.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024