Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Any other horror stories from the storm? 09:49 - Jan 18 with 16385 viewsartsbossbeard

Our BBQ cover is AWOL.

Share your tales of woe here.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Any other horror stories from the storm? on 09:53 - Jan 18 with 9152 viewsITFC_Forever

The kids old slide (which they are now too big for and we keep down the side of the house for when the niece and nephew visit) blew in to the main part of the garden and then on to its side.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Any other horror stories from the storm? on 09:55 - Jan 18 with 9138 viewsKieran_Knows

Our brown bin which is currently empty, blew over ... as well as the lid of the blue bin blowing open.

I was in such a state of shock when I awoke to that this morning .....

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Any other horror stories from the storm? on 09:56 - Jan 18 with 9129 viewsBackToRussia

Any other horror stories from the storm? on 09:53 - Jan 18 by ITFC_Forever

The kids old slide (which they are now too big for and we keep down the side of the house for when the niece and nephew visit) blew in to the main part of the garden and then on to its side.

JFC.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Any other horror stories from the storm? on 10:01 - Jan 18 with 9103 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

2 garden chairs and the empty brown bin .......... scenes !

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Any other horror stories from the storm? on 10:02 - Jan 18 with 9104 viewsPJH

Just put a load of tacks in our shed roof felt which had decided to come apart and flip over.

AND one of our bins had blown over.

edit-AND we were without water for a while.
[Post edited 18 Jan 2018 10:03]
Any other horror stories from the storm? on 10:03 - Jan 18 with 9110 viewsPhilTWTD

Currently in the midst of a power cut. A number of roof tiles are peppering the drive, somehow how missed both cars. Piece of black plastic with 'ABS' written on it has appeared.

And Mrs H made an initial abortive trip to work, finding a tree blocking the way.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Any other horror stories from the storm? on 10:04 - Jan 18 with 9082 viewschicoazul

Need to know more about why your BBQ is out in January please.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Any other horror stories from the storm? on 10:05 - Jan 18 with 9089 viewsSitfcB

Shredded paper all over the car park and mini golf course at work.

Harrowing scenes.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Login to get fewer ads

Any other horror stories from the storm? on 10:06 - Jan 18 with 9075 viewsElderGrizzly

Camelia in a pot had tilted over slightly. Thinking of marketing it as a rival to the Leaning Tower of Pisa
Any other horror stories from the storm? on 10:09 - Jan 18 with 9061 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

Was crossing the Orwell bridge and then fell off
Any other horror stories from the storm? on 10:09 - Jan 18 with 9064 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Some discarded bubble wrap has blown into my garden

All the bubbles have already been popped

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Any other horror stories from the storm? on 10:10 - Jan 18 with 9057 viewsusm

Cover of Hot Tub partly blown open and black bin blown over. Who do I sue ?

FOYSC
Poll: Did Broad just get a hat trick without realising ?

Any other horror stories from the storm? on 10:11 - Jan 18 with 9049 viewsFtnfwest

the tree in the grass verge in front of next doors house has lost a bough which was about 8 inches in diameter. Benters butts will be smarting as well i expect
Any other horror stories from the storm? on 10:14 - Jan 18 with 9036 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

Any other horror stories from the storm? on 10:03 - Jan 18 by PhilTWTD

Currently in the midst of a power cut. A number of roof tiles are peppering the drive, somehow how missed both cars. Piece of black plastic with 'ABS' written on it has appeared.

And Mrs H made an initial abortive trip to work, finding a tree blocking the way.

This post has been edited by an administrator

ABS is the type of plastic, as opposed to PE or PP for example.
Any other horror stories from the storm? on 10:21 - Jan 18 with 9011 viewsblue62

I have four panes of glass broken in my greenhouse!!!! #firstworldproblems

Oh and power cut, so electric garage doors wouldn't open (till I found the override) repeats #firstworldproblems
[Post edited 18 Jan 2018 10:23]
Any other horror stories from the storm? on 10:31 - Jan 18 with 8977 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Any other horror stories from the storm? on 10:06 - Jan 18 by ElderGrizzly

Camelia in a pot had tilted over slightly. Thinking of marketing it as a rival to the Leaning Tower of Pisa

We have one of those too !

Any other horror stories from the storm? on 10:33 - Jan 18 with 8968 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Any other horror stories from the storm? on 10:09 - Jan 18 by King_of_Portman_Rd

Was crossing the Orwell bridge and then fell off

https://www.samaritans.org

Any other horror stories from the storm? on 10:34 - Jan 18 with 8964 viewsBackToRussia

Any other horror stories from the storm? on 10:33 - Jan 18 by BanksterDebtSlave

https://www.samaritans.org

They don't cover accidents.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Any other horror stories from the storm? on 10:35 - Jan 18 with 8963 viewsBenters2

No i prepared for it yesterday afternoon.

I nailed scaffold boards to my fence panels that saved them from coming out.
Any other horror stories from the storm? on 10:35 - Jan 18 with 8958 viewsSWGF

Similarly BBQ-related.

Our cover had entangled itself around the BBQ fixtures which resulted in the cover becoming an impromptu parachute which dragged the BBQ over. However this, in turn, held the cover in place.

Swings and roundabouts.

(nb. No playground equipment was affected)

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Any other horror stories from the storm? on 10:43 - Jan 18 with 8933 viewsPhilTWTD

Any other horror stories from the storm? on 10:14 - Jan 18 by FrowsyArmLarry

ABS is the type of plastic, as opposed to PE or PP for example.

Ah, I assumed it was off someone's brakes and was looking for a wind-dismantled car.
Any other horror stories from the storm? on 10:45 - Jan 18 with 8924 viewsBluebell

OMG some really shocking stories there. My sympathies to all of you.

I now consider myself lucky as the only horror we had from the storm was some leaves on the lawn blew into the pond. I was distraught when I saw them but feel better having read the other problems people had.
Any other horror stories from the storm? on 10:48 - Jan 18 with 8911 viewsLord_Lucan

I walked out of the pub and a gust of wind blew me over.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Any other horror stories from the storm? on 10:53 - Jan 18 with 8898 viewsDeano69

I lost this BBQ cover in a previous storm

RIP BBQ Cover

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Any other horror stories from the storm? on 10:55 - Jan 18 with 8889 viewsLord_Lucan

Any other horror stories from the storm? on 10:53 - Jan 18 by Deano69

I lost this BBQ cover in a previous storm

RIP BBQ Cover

I'm a big AC/DC fan Deano but that is one sad mother of a cover.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024