Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Today's postponement 12:27 - Mar 3 with 9402 viewswarkthisway

Hiding behind the health and safety card shows the lack of passion for football in the town - symptomatic of the general malaise at the club- Cambridge on, Celtic on- just a different attitude really to the importance of the game to the local community. The police of course hate the club since they lost that court case so any decision certainly won't be for the good of the club.

bentnkuqi

Today's postponement on 12:50 - Mar 3 with 6218 viewsTendring_Blue

Complete rubbish. Dear me.
Today's postponement on 12:57 - Mar 3 with 6200 viewswarkthisway

Today's postponement on 12:50 - Mar 3 by Tendring_Blue

Complete rubbish. Dear me.

Another ostrich- look around you and see what's happened to our club

bentnkuqi

Today's postponement on 13:11 - Mar 3 with 6169 viewsWestSussexBlue

I blame it on the Sheepshanks era. Or maybe Berra’s handball in the Play off Second leg.
Good grief.
Today's postponement on 13:16 - Mar 3 with 6158 viewsTrequartista

If we were playing Leicester in the snow on sky you can be sure they wouldn't cancel it because of a bit of slush on the pavement.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Today's postponement on 13:20 - Mar 3 with 6139 viewsBrixtonBlue

Will we not need the same amount of police at the rearranged fixture?

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Today's postponement on 13:26 - Mar 3 with 6129 viewsbrogansnose

Today's postponement on 13:20 - Mar 3 by BrixtonBlue

Will we not need the same amount of police at the rearranged fixture?

Easiest bit of overtime a copper can get. Anyway, to the OP, plenty of things not right with the club but this particular' stick ' is not one to beat the club with.
Today's postponement on 13:40 - Mar 3 with 6101 viewspointofblue

Whilst I understand the health and safety issues behind the postponement I have to wonder how other matches - all in the Premier League and Bristol City in particular in the Championship - are going ahead? Have we been overly fussy or are they being overly lax?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Today's postponement on 13:51 - Mar 3 with 6046 viewsblueislander

Today's postponement on 13:40 - Mar 3 by pointofblue

Whilst I understand the health and safety issues behind the postponement I have to wonder how other matches - all in the Premier League and Bristol City in particular in the Championship - are going ahead? Have we been overly fussy or are they being overly lax?

6 postponements and 5 being played in the Championship, so yours is a moot point. The fact that an early decision was taken for the Ipswich match in order to assist Hull may be a factor.
Login to get fewer ads

Today's postponement on 13:55 - Mar 3 with 6019 viewsBrixtonBlue

Today's postponement on 13:51 - Mar 3 by blueislander

6 postponements and 5 being played in the Championship, so yours is a moot point. The fact that an early decision was taken for the Ipswich match in order to assist Hull may be a factor.

Probably, although Sunderland's about two hours drive further north than Hull and they're still travelling down!

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Today's postponement on 14:00 - Mar 3 with 5982 viewsblueislander

Today's postponement on 13:55 - Mar 3 by BrixtonBlue

Probably, although Sunderland's about two hours drive further north than Hull and they're still travelling down!

The areas around The New Den are very much urban so probably not so icy. Travelling into Central London easier than our more rural location.
Today's postponement on 14:02 - Mar 3 with 5973 viewspointofblue

Today's postponement on 13:51 - Mar 3 by blueislander

Let’s move down the divisions - Walsall travelling to Southend? Bristol Rovers travelling to Milton Keynes? Grimsby are having to travel to Carlisle!

I’m not saying we made the wrong decision necessarily; I’m just a bit surprised these matches are on whilst ours was postponed. I think it does place question marks over the decision making, if not ours than theirs. Perhaps the police grievance is playing a part here?

Today's postponement on 14:05 - Mar 3 with 5953 viewsblueislander

Today's postponement on 14:02 - Mar 3 by pointofblue

Let’s move down the divisions - Walsall travelling to Southend? Bristol Rovers travelling to Milton Keynes? Grimsby are having to travel to Carlisle!

I’m not saying we made the wrong decision necessarily; I’m just a bit surprised these matches are on whilst ours was postponed. I think it does place question marks over the decision making, if not ours than theirs. Perhaps the police grievance is playing a part here?

I think you are making a meal of this. The circumstances around each match are going to vary.
Today's postponement on 14:08 - Mar 3 with 5936 viewspointofblue

Today's postponement on 14:05 - Mar 3 by blueislander

I think you are making a meal of this. The circumstances around each match are going to vary.

It’s because I’m bored. Though maybe if we were in contention at the top maybe we would be more eager to have the match on - Wednesday fans are fuming at Bristol City keeping the game on due to the issues of getting there.

Today's postponement on 14:09 - Mar 3 with 5923 viewsblueislander

Today's postponement on 14:08 - Mar 3 by pointofblue

It’s because I’m bored. Though maybe if we were in contention at the top maybe we would be more eager to have the match on - Wednesday fans are fuming at Bristol City keeping the game on due to the issues of getting there.

Fair enough.
Today's postponement on 14:23 - Mar 3 with 5874 viewsPinewoodblue

think calling it off was the easy option, with Norwich at Barnsley always likely to be off there is no chance of us slipping down the table. Saved a few bob and unlikely the crowd will be any smaller on a Tuesday night.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Today's postponement on 15:03 - Mar 3 with 5800 viewsBlueNomad

Utter rubbish from OP on this one I’m afraid
Today's postponement on 15:03 - Mar 3 with 5796 viewsSarge

Today's postponement on 12:57 - Mar 3 by warkthisway

Plenty of things but none of them weather related
Today's postponement on 15:05 - Mar 3 with 5794 viewspeterleeblue

Frankly I am amazed this is being debated. A lot of Ipswich fans have lengthy journeys as well from out lying hard to navigate rural locations. Its a no brainer.
I do get the argument that promotion chasing teams may try and play games should the opposition have players unavailable i.e. good time to play etc. In reality though it is rather reckless.
Today's postponement on 15:59 - Mar 3 with 5704 viewsBlueBadger

This would NEVER have happened under Roy. He'd have sent us out and we'd have WON. In the SNOW. Yet again NEGATIVE DINO THICK MCFARTY COSTS US POINTS.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Today's postponement on 16:00 - Mar 3 with 5703 viewsBlueBadger

Today's postponement on 12:57 - Mar 3 by warkthisway

Typical negative Mick. Didn't fancy playing Hull, so he's made it snow.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Today's postponement on 16:23 - Mar 3 with 5657 viewsstonojnr

Today's postponement on 15:05 - Mar 3 by peterleeblue

Frankly I am amazed this is being debated. A lot of Ipswich fans have lengthy journeys as well from out lying hard to navigate rural locations. Its a no brainer.
I do get the argument that promotion chasing teams may try and play games should the opposition have players unavailable i.e. good time to play etc. In reality though it is rather reckless.

if people choose to live in a hard to navigate rural location, then they should expect to get stuck there when it snows, thats the trade off of where they live and they shouldnt expect things to be stopped/cancelled/held up for them, sorry sometimes you have to lose out going to things you have tickets for because of the weather thats just life, if the pitch was playable,the stadium safe, the game should have gone ahead IMO. the roads/pavements around the ground are clearly safe because they havent been shut or blocked at all this week by the police or the council.

and its ironic that we claim that distance of journey should be a consideration when the re-arranged fixture lumps it midweek and gives not just the team but any fans from Hull a horrendous journey to contemplate.
Today's postponement on 16:37 - Mar 3 with 5642 viewsblueislander

Today's postponement on 16:23 - Mar 3 by stonojnr

if people choose to live in a hard to navigate rural location, then they should expect to get stuck there when it snows, thats the trade off of where they live and they shouldnt expect things to be stopped/cancelled/held up for them, sorry sometimes you have to lose out going to things you have tickets for because of the weather thats just life, if the pitch was playable,the stadium safe, the game should have gone ahead IMO. the roads/pavements around the ground are clearly safe because they havent been shut or blocked at all this week by the police or the council.

and its ironic that we claim that distance of journey should be a consideration when the re-arranged fixture lumps it midweek and gives not just the team but any fans from Hull a horrendous journey to contemplate.

I believe that the match was postponed on the advice of the police. It would be reckless of the club to ignore that advice.
Today's postponement on 16:48 - Mar 3 with 5612 viewsHennikerBlu

Today's postponement on 15:05 - Mar 3 by peterleeblue

Agree! The A140 at the Needham Mkt junction was closed, I think until today, this is the main route to the north of the county and Norwich. It connects with many towns and villages and a significant part of our local fan base.

Hull fans; many would probably come across Lincolnshire and part of the fens, not many good routes and prone to icy road conditions.
Today's postponement on 18:56 - Mar 3 with 5465 viewswarkthisway

Today's postponement on 16:37 - Mar 3 by blueislander

I believe that the match was postponed on the advice of the police. It would be reckless of the club to ignore that advice.

What is this a Police state ?

bentnkuqi

Today's postponement on 21:42 - Mar 3 with 5328 viewssolemio

Today's postponement on 18:56 - Mar 3 by warkthisway

What is this a Police state ?

May I suggest looking up the word 'advice' in a dictionary.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024