Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Incredible gesture from Fiorentina 15:18 - Mar 5 with 5796 viewsFinidiCentenary

They are going to pay Davide Astori's salary for life to his wife and daughter.

What a tremendous gesture.

Poll: Which lower league manager would you appoint if all of the following applied?

Incredible gesture from Fiorentina on 15:19 - Mar 5 with 5765 viewsSWGF

Wow.

I read somewhere he was due to sign a new contract a few days before he died, but they couldn't sort the meeting because of snow/weather.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Incredible gesture from Fiorentina on 15:21 - Mar 5 with 5738 viewsKieran_Knows

Incredible gesture from Fiorentina on 15:19 - Mar 5 by SWGF

Wow.

I read somewhere he was due to sign a new contract a few days before he died, but they couldn't sort the meeting because of snow/weather.

Yes, I was reading about that yesterday as well.

Very good gesture indeed from Fiorentina.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Incredible gesture from Fiorentina on 15:45 - Mar 5 with 5666 viewsLord_Lucan

Blimey.

That is absolutely quite amazing.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Incredible gesture from Fiorentina on 16:27 - Mar 5 with 5577 viewsArnieM

Hallelujah, there is some decency left on the game!!

Good on them. Floerentina

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Incredible gesture from Fiorentina on 17:06 - Mar 5 with 5462 viewsOsborneOneNil

That is wonderful, incredible gesture.
Incredible gesture from Fiorentina on 17:13 - Mar 5 with 5436 viewschristiand

If true, that is a real touch of class!

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Incredible gesture from Fiorentina on 17:33 - Mar 5 with 5385 viewsm14_blue

Superb gesture.
Incredible gesture from Fiorentina on 18:11 - Mar 5 with 5297 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Well that’s the best thing I’ve heard all day

Amazing gesture

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

Login to get fewer ads

Incredible gesture from Fiorentina on 18:19 - Mar 5 with 5293 viewsSomethingBlue

Please don't spread this and please be less credulous — it was a made-up tweet. People *have* to be better at spotting this stuff, it's so important.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Incredible gesture from Fiorentina on 18:20 - Mar 5 with 5290 viewschicoazul

I believe this is not quite true. I think they are going to honour the contract he was about to sign which is of course still a wonderful gesture.

EDIT; ah Thingers thank you
[Post edited 5 Mar 2018 18:22]

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Incredible gesture from Fiorentina on 18:32 - Mar 5 with 5221 viewspeterleeblue

Incredible gesture from Fiorentina on 18:20 - Mar 5 by chicoazul

I believe this is not quite true. I think they are going to honour the contract he was about to sign which is of course still a wonderful gesture.

Absolutely!!
Incredible gesture from Fiorentina on 02:07 - Mar 6 with 4911 viewsTendring_Blue

Incredible gesture from Fiorentina on 18:19 - Mar 5 by SomethingBlue

Please don't spread this and please be less credulous — it was a made-up tweet. People *have* to be better at spotting this stuff, it's so important.

Quite right, this land of the make believe is ridiculous.

Read Real trusted news sites!
Incredible gesture from Fiorentina on 07:03 - Mar 6 with 4844 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Incredible gesture from Fiorentina on 18:20 - Mar 5 by chicoazul

Oh dear to the OP 🙈

Does make you wonder why anyone would make up a tweet like that though, how weird

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Incredible gesture from Fiorentina on 15:36 - Mar 6 with 4706 viewsColchesterBlue1985

Incredible gesture from Fiorentina on 07:03 - Mar 6 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Oh dear to the OP 🙈

Does make you wonder why anyone would make up a tweet like that though, how weird

I was thinking when I read the OP hang on his on 40/50k a week that would equate to 140/150m over the course of his wife and young daughters life. There is not a chance they would get that sort of deal approved by the financial people that run the club.
Incredible gesture from Fiorentina on 15:46 - Mar 6 with 4684 viewsFinidiCentenary

Incredible gesture from Fiorentina on 15:36 - Mar 6 by ColchesterBlue1985

I was thinking when I read the OP hang on his on 40/50k a week that would equate to 140/150m over the course of his wife and young daughters life. There is not a chance they would get that sort of deal approved by the financial people that run the club.

I'd originally assumed he was on £20k a week or so (the mid Serie A clubs don't pay anywhere near Premier League money), which would be £1m a year and that for life, they'd be paying him until football retirement age, say another 9 years to take him up to 40. (Around £9m)

I didn't think they'd be paying him £50k a week, every week, until 65 retirement age or 81 as the average age of death or whatever.

I can see they are going to honour the contract he was due to sign, so if it is a 4 year deal at the 45k a week you mention, it'll come out at near the £9m anyway.

Poll: Which lower league manager would you appoint if all of the following applied?

Incredible gesture from Fiorentina on 15:52 - Mar 6 with 4658 viewsJ2BLUE

I didn't post it because I didn't want to look like a dick but I thought this was OTT when I read it yesterday and couldn't be true. Honouring the contract he was going to sign is a much more suitable gesture and really good of them to do it.

He was 31 and this contract was going to keep him there for the rest of his career so I assume it was a 3-4 year deal on £10-20k a week. He wouldn't have been on Premier League wages.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Incredible gesture from Fiorentina on 18:41 - Mar 6 with 4548 viewsvilanovablue

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.goal.com/en/amp/news/astori-contract-claims-cla
Incredible gesture from Fiorentina on 19:50 - Mar 6 with 4469 viewsstrikalite

Beeb just said "they're going to extend his contract and pay his wages forever"...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024