Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why is there no women's Tour de France? 10:50 - Jul 16 with 4075 viewschicoazul

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cycling/44831758

Why is there no disabled Tour de France?
Why is there no specific-blind disability Tour de France? Or specific-deaf disability?
Why is there no dwarfism Tour de France?
Why is there no non - CIS specific Tour de France?

Ad infinitum.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Why is there no women's Tour de France? on 10:55 - Jul 16 with 4046 viewsKeno

Well the women one is obvious isn't it!!

I think there should be one for people with drug dependancies ...... oh

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Why is there no women's Tour de France? on 10:57 - Jul 16 with 4040 viewschicoazul

This is kind of similar in its' way; https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-44686074

Nobody is allowed to simply enjoy anything anymore. Questions must always be asked about "why not them" and about the worth of peoples. Our ever-more liberal society is a snake eating it's own tail boyos.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Why is there no women's Tour de France? on 11:00 - Jul 16 with 4023 viewswkj

Why is there no women's Tour de France? on 10:57 - Jul 16 by chicoazul

This is kind of similar in its' way; https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-44686074

Nobody is allowed to simply enjoy anything anymore. Questions must always be asked about "why not them" and about the worth of peoples. Our ever-more liberal society is a snake eating it's own tail boyos.

Nobody is allowed to simply enjoy anything anymore... Well it's the Tour de France, so no chance of that ever being enjoyed regardless of who participates.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Why is there no women's Tour de France? on 11:03 - Jul 16 with 4008 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Could a woman enter the actual Tour de France?

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Why is there no women's Tour de France? on 11:06 - Jul 16 with 3998 viewsBetablocker

Why is there no women's Tour de France? on 11:03 - Jul 16 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Exactly of course they 'could' but no we aren't all equal despite what we are forced to believe. If there is true equality get rid of say mens and womens tennis and have 1 tournament let women and men compete equally, 5 sets and go from there - i mean thats equality right?
Why is there no women's Tour de France? on 11:10 - Jul 16 with 3989 viewschicoazul

Why is there no women's Tour de France? on 11:06 - Jul 16 by Betablocker

Exactly of course they 'could' but no we aren't all equal despite what we are forced to believe. If there is true equality get rid of say mens and womens tennis and have 1 tournament let women and men compete equally, 5 sets and go from there - i mean thats equality right?

Women and men were paid the same prize money in Wimbledon this year despite men playing 5 set matches and women 3. That pay gap everyone talks about is real now.

Why is there no women's Tour de France? on 11:13 - Jul 16 with 3970 viewsGuthrum

Why is there no women's Tour de France? on 11:06 - Jul 16 by Betablocker

Interesting comment made by (previous Ladies Champion at Wimbledon) Marion Bartoli when asked why women didn't play five sets at Grand Slam tennis tournaments. She said they would simply not physically be able to.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Why is there no women's Tour de France? on 11:20 - Jul 16 with 3955 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Because they havent got off their arses to organise one?

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Login to get fewer ads

Why is there no women's Tour de France? on 11:22 - Jul 16 with 3947 viewshomer_123

Why is there no women's Tour de France? on 11:13 - Jul 16 by Guthrum

Interesting comment made by (previous Ladies Champion at Wimbledon) Marion Bartoli when asked why women didn't play five sets at Grand Slam tennis tournaments. She said they would simply not physically be able to.

Well, that's wrong - they could play 5 setters, but surely the quality of the tennis might suffer as a result?

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Why is there no women's Tour de France? on 11:26 - Jul 16 with 3936 viewsReuser_is_God

Why is there no women's Tour de France? on 11:03 - Jul 16 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Depends on how many drugs she’s pumped into herself.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Why is there no women's Tour de France? on 11:26 - Jul 16 with 3933 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

The problem is that to be really fair they would have to do a ‘blind casting’ for everything on tv and film. And can you imagine having to watch ugly people? .... that’s a bridge too far for the most decent and liberal of people
Why is there no women's Tour de France? on 11:28 - Jul 16 with 3936 viewsGuthrum

Why is there no women's Tour de France? on 11:22 - Jul 16 by homer_123

Well, that's wrong - they could play 5 setters, but surely the quality of the tennis might suffer as a result?

The question referred to the power and intensity of the ladies' game (including the strength of those such as Williams), so yes. Her point was that the men can maintain that standard for five sets. In Bartoli's opinion, the women can't.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Why is there no women's Tour de France? on 11:37 - Jul 16 with 3919 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Yeah, I saw that.

I blame twitter and lazy journalism.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Why is there no women's Tour de France? on 11:49 - Jul 16 with 3887 viewshampstead_blue

To answer your question I would say the following

a) they are cooking for the men
b) they are washing their socks, shirts, and shorts
c) they are making the beds and hoovering the accommodation
d) they are shopping for the food for the men
e) they need to keep a steady supply of hot tea for the men
f) they are cleaning the bikes
g) they are holding the spanners for the men to repair the bikes

There are dwarfs involved but they are so short you never see them.

The blind riders all went the wrong way so the cameras cannot keep up.

The deaf riders are still at the start line because they didn't hear the starting pistol

I hope that gives you clarity.
;-)

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Why is there no women's Tour de France? on 13:04 - Jul 16 with 3821 viewsTJS

As I've said many times before the biggest problem facing women's sport is that WOMEN don't watch it so why should men.
Why is there no women's Tour de France? on 13:09 - Jul 16 with 3801 viewsBrixtonBlue

It's because women are much slower. And the reason they're much slower is the basket on the front.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Why is there no women's Tour de France? on 15:23 - Jul 16 with 3704 viewseireblue

“Nobody is allowed to simply enjoy anything anymore.”

You are sooo right. Can you believe someone was on here once decrying people that enjoyed lots of cake.

Some people just need to take a chill pill, or something similar, perhaps in cake form?
Why is there no women's Tour de France? on 15:41 - Jul 16 with 3673 viewsNo9

Why is there no women's Tour de France? on 10:55 - Jul 16 by Keno

Well the women one is obvious isn't it!!

I think there should be one for people with drug dependancies ...... oh

If you go to any TDF location you will see there is a womens TDF
It doesn't get televised
Why is there no women's Tour de France? on 15:45 - Jul 16 with 3665 viewsPinewoodblue

Why is there no women's Tour de France? on 15:41 - Jul 16 by No9

If you go to any TDF location you will see there is a womens TDF
It doesn't get televised

True up until 2016 but last years and this, were cancelled.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Why is there no women's Tour de France? on 17:26 - Jul 16 with 3625 viewsNo9

Why is there no women's Tour de France? on 15:45 - Jul 16 by Pinewoodblue

True up until 2016 but last years and this, were cancelled.

I beleive we are thinking along different lines
Why is there no women's Tour de France? on 17:40 - Jul 16 with 3603 viewsOldsmoker

The womens tour for 2018 was cancelled.
There is one day- that's tomorrow 17/07/2018 where the women race a stage. ITV4 starts @9.30am.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Why is there no women's Tour de France? on 20:42 - Jul 16 with 3538 viewsronnyd

Why is there no women's Tour de France? on 17:40 - Jul 16 by Oldsmoker

There is one day- that's tomorrow 17/07/2018 where the women race a stage. ITV4 starts @9.30am.

The only reason i don,t watch it is i can,t stand Rochelle Gilmours whiny voice. Mens T de F is great, especially the cobbled stage and the mountain stages.
Why is there no women's Tour de France? on 00:37 - Jul 17 with 3463 viewsstonojnr

Why is there no women's Tour de France? on 17:40 - Jul 16 by Oldsmoker

but its a single stage day race, its very different to a multi stage tour race or even a grand tour, which is what the TdF is.

there used to be a womens equivalent TdF style race in France but it hasnt been run since about 2009ish, because there is no sponsorship money to pay for it and no tv coverage...so hence no sponsors and hence no money to pay for it, so no tv coverage... and so on, and its a vicious circle they cant seem to break at the moment

and the craziness of it is the amount it cost to truck the whole TdF 800km from Roubaix to the Alps, all the teams,press,tv,security,logistics,the caravan etc etc, could probably have paid for a weeks stage race for the women.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024