Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ipswich on FM19 22:30 - Nov 6 with 7553 viewsMelford

Whenever I get a new FM I start the season as Town with the players we already have, never make any summer signings. I like to use the actual real life squad that the manager has, I have my usual tactics and setup that have worked well over the years and I can't remember the last time I've fired up a new FM season and not got promoted in my first season going back to 2006 at least. This time I'm in a serious relegation battle, 4th from bottom in February one point above the drop zone.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Ipswich on FM19 on 22:55 - Nov 6 with 7475 viewsdavblue

The match engine will be different and t(e tactical options have been revamped.

I’m in November and I’ve been hard to beat drawing a lot but not scoring or conceding many but have just come to life and won 5 out of 6 games.

4-1-4-1 I’m averaging 57% possession and feel like I’m getting somewhere.
Ipswich on FM19 on 23:26 - Nov 6 with 7408 viewsSonOfSpock

I just wish I had a laptop capable of playing it!
Ipswich on FM19 on 00:11 - Nov 7 with 7363 viewsbournemouthblue

Ipswich on FM19 on 23:26 - Nov 6 by SonOfSpock

I just wish I had a laptop capable of playing it!

I must admit I'm not a fan of laptops

I suppose if you get one with decent specs you pay for it on battery life?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Ipswich on FM19 on 00:11 - Nov 7 with 7367 viewsMelford

Ipswich on FM19 on 22:55 - Nov 6 by davblue

The match engine will be different and t(e tactical options have been revamped.

I’m in November and I’ve been hard to beat drawing a lot but not scoring or conceding many but have just come to life and won 5 out of 6 games.

4-1-4-1 I’m averaging 57% possession and feel like I’m getting somewhere.

I've just had to sell Bart, Nsiala, and Ward for in the January window for 7.8 million. and got 2 mill to spend.

Ipswich on FM19 on 02:07 - Nov 7 with 7306 viewswkj

On my save I found Jordan Graham to be OP in a 4123

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Ipswich on FM19 on 11:26 - Nov 7 with 6970 viewsSonOfSpock

Ipswich on FM19 on 00:11 - Nov 7 by bournemouthblue

I must admit I'm not a fan of laptops

I suppose if you get one with decent specs you pay for it on battery life?

Might just buy a desktop with a good spec which is most likely cheaper and perhaps slightly more performant. I'd then use laptop to rdp into it.

As long as I can see players running around instead of dots in aerial mode I'd be happy. Am still on fm 17..
Ipswich on FM19 on 11:28 - Nov 7 with 6964 viewsKieran_Knows

I can never manage Town on FM, just don't like it for some reason.

I'm still on FM18 at the minute as I know my laptop won't be able to run FM19 very well. Got a good save going on with Austria Vienna so will try stick that out a little longer until I can afford a new laptop for FM19.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Ipswich on FM19 on 11:35 - Nov 7 with 6938 viewsBiGDonnie

During the beta I won the championship first season. Came straight back down though.

Started a new one now the full game is out. Finish 7th missing out on the play offs in the penultimate game. I'm playing the long game though with the youths so was not ready for promotion.

I've stumbled across the best tactics I've ever used in FM. I dominate every game, but just not clinical enough up top yet.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Login to get fewer ads

Ipswich on FM19 on 11:45 - Nov 7 with 6928 viewsGlebeTractor

Switch to 5-2-3 WB, long ball. Target man in the middle two pressing forwards supporting him. You will get goals.

Poll: Was that the worst game you've been to? If not, what was?

Ipswich on FM19 on 12:07 - Nov 7 with 6859 viewsDanTheMan

Ipswich on FM19 on 11:45 - Nov 7 by GlebeTractor

Switch to 5-2-3 WB, long ball. Target man in the middle two pressing forwards supporting him. You will get goals.

3 strikers has broken the match engine for a few years now.

I've been using a 4-1-4-1 with a slightly modified Gegenpress. And it works fairly well. Started in the lower leagues as AFC Telford then got the Ipswich job when the chance presented itself. Got them promoted in my first full season and now in midtable about 10 games in so doing OK considering my wage budget is bottom by a considerable distance.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Ipswich on FM19 on 12:14 - Nov 7 with 6846 viewsclive_baker

I've just got to Jan in my first season. Typically line up with 5-3-2 wingbacks, tika taka football, been dominating possession in most games and score a reasonable amount. I'm 10th at the moment but I've brought through a lot of youngsters and I'm only 4 points off 6th.

GK: Bart
Defence: Edwards (RWB), Chambers, Chalobah, Pennington, Kenlock (LWB)
Midfield: Dozzell, Bishop, Huws
Forward: Walters (just left) and Sears.

Subs from: Gerken, Crowe, Downes, Skuse, Harrison, Jackson, Adeyemi, Nydam (just returned), Lankaster,

Need to replace Walters. Might try Harrison and Jackson first, although they've done little when played. I've sold Knudsen,Spence, Nsiala, Ward, Nolan and Roberts for a combined £6m, not signed anyone yet. Wages currently <£150k p/w vs. a budget of £220k and got £5m to spend in Jan.

Emmanuel is annoying, out on loan and his contract is up in the summer, so when I just offered an extension he wasn't keen and has just agreed to leave at the end of the season, off to MLS. Fuming.

Got FA cup 4th round soon, planning on starting all of Crowe, Kenlock, Nydam, Downes, Dozzell, Bishop and Lankaster. Bryan Klug's going to have a stiffy watching that.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Ipswich on FM19 on 12:25 - Nov 7 with 6803 viewsitfcjoe

I’ve not even had a chance to play it yet, paternity leave taking up too much time!

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Ipswich on FM19 on 14:00 - Nov 7 with 6637 viewsCurrie10

Ipswich on FM19 on 12:25 - Nov 7 by itfcjoe

I’ve not even had a chance to play it yet, paternity leave taking up too much time!

I gave up on the series properly on FM2008 - had every version from CM97-98 - this.

I don't know why to this date I didn't buy 2009 - perhaps relationship - however 2010 was sooo bad and over the top with this that and the other I haven't bought a version since.

Have I been missing out, or have they become a lot more complex than 2008? It seemed it was all about press conferences etc / 3d game engine didn't work whatsoever.

97/98 .... 01/02........and 06-08 were absolute pleasures.
Ipswich on FM19 on 14:29 - Nov 7 with 6578 viewsGlebeTractor

I'm Salford City, been promoted 2 years on the bounce. Currently sitting 4th in L1 with Ipswich, Col U and Portsmouth above me.
Playing 523wb with O.Palmer, Rooney and Dinan up top for me (that irish kid in our U23's) i'd really recommend getting him on loan #GOALS

Poll: Was that the worst game you've been to? If not, what was?

Ipswich on FM19 on 14:38 - Nov 7 with 6560 viewsclive_baker

Ipswich on FM19 on 14:00 - Nov 7 by Currie10

I gave up on the series properly on FM2008 - had every version from CM97-98 - this.

I don't know why to this date I didn't buy 2009 - perhaps relationship - however 2010 was sooo bad and over the top with this that and the other I haven't bought a version since.

Have I been missing out, or have they become a lot more complex than 2008? It seemed it was all about press conferences etc / 3d game engine didn't work whatsoever.

They are a big step change from those earlier versions, but they're designed in a way now where you can do as much or as little of that as you want as roles can be assigned to staff with no obvious impact on results. E.g. my assistant takes all team briefings and most press conferences, also does training after I set the initial direction of what system I want and how I want us to play. We're like Barcelona if they were mid table in the Championship.

So you can stick to signing players and matches still. Also you can turn the match engine off and just have commentary. You can basically do as much or as little as you like, which suits all I guess.

I don't feel compelled to spend hours on it like I would as a kid, but that's perhaps because life takes over and I spend enough time in front of spreadsheets at work so the last thing I need when I'm home is sitting in front of another glorified spreadsheet. Good fun for a bit on a rainy day though, or to while away the time on a train or plane etc.

Ipswich on FM19 on 14:54 - Nov 7 with 6535 viewshector_clifford

Did anybody ever use the system way back in the championship managers days of 3 centre backs, 1 anchor man, 3 centre midfielders, and 3 centre forwards. I think it was on that Gamesmaster tv programme. Even though you were effectively cheating, it was hard to give up on the addiction of winning all the time!

Poll: Who is your favourite outfield Town player of the 1978 cup winning team?

Ipswich on FM19 on 15:25 - Nov 7 with 6476 viewsGeoffSentence

Ipswich on FM19 on 12:14 - Nov 7 by clive_baker

I've just got to Jan in my first season. Typically line up with 5-3-2 wingbacks, tika taka football, been dominating possession in most games and score a reasonable amount. I'm 10th at the moment but I've brought through a lot of youngsters and I'm only 4 points off 6th.

Subs from: Gerken, Crowe, Downes, Skuse, Harrison, Jackson, Adeyemi, Nydam (just returned), Lankaster,

Need to replace Walters. Might try Harrison and Jackson first, although they've done little when played. I've sold Knudsen,Spence, Nsiala, Ward, Nolan and Roberts for a combined £6m, not signed anyone yet. Wages currently <£150k p/w vs. a budget of £220k and got £5m to spend in Jan.

Emmanuel is annoying, out on loan and his contract is up in the summer, so when I just offered an extension he wasn't keen and has just agreed to leave at the end of the season, off to MLS. Fuming.

Got FA cup 4th round soon, planning on starting all of Crowe, Kenlock, Nydam, Downes, Dozzell, Bishop and Lankaster. Bryan Klug's going to have a stiffy watching that.

FA Cup 4th round?

Not very realistic then.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Ipswich on FM19 on 19:48 - Nov 7 with 6314 viewsCrofty

Ipswich on FM19 on 14:00 - Nov 7 by Currie10

This is the first version I've brought for several years but am loving it and as Clive Baker has said you can set it so you only have to buy and manage the team. Which to me is like taking it back to the mid 90's versions.
Ipswich on FM19 on 21:09 - Nov 7 with 6202 viewsDubtractor

I've got 3 games left of season one and sat in 6th, with a pretty low points total for 6th.

Binned off Chalobah, Walters, Edun in January, had sold Sears in the Summer. Got in Kai Kai and Ashley Fletcher on loan and signed Kun Temenuzhkov (teenage striker) from Leeds for 750k.

Playing a formation pretty close to how Lambert had us set up on Saturday.

I appreciate that no one really cares about any of this.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Ipswich on FM19 on 08:59 - Nov 8 with 6003 viewsBiGDonnie

Ipswich on FM19 on 21:09 - Nov 7 by Dubtractor

I've got 3 games left of season one and sat in 6th, with a pretty low points total for 6th.

Binned off Chalobah, Walters, Edun in January, had sold Sears in the Summer. Got in Kai Kai and Ashley Fletcher on loan and signed Kun Temenuzhkov (teenage striker) from Leeds for 750k.

Playing a formation pretty close to how Lambert had us set up on Saturday.

I appreciate that no one really cares about any of this.

It's Football Manager, those that play care. Those that don't can get a life.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Ipswich on FM19 on 20:29 - Nov 12 with 5685 viewsclive_baker

My assistant manager got poached so I got Jamie Clapham in as assistant. The blokes killing me, keeps storming out of press conferences.

I’ve made some pony signings, I think TWTD would explode if this happened. I make Paul Hurst look like a wheeler dealer. Micah Richards is probably the worst, although closely followed by Jack Rodwell. Jordan Rhodes has proved a complete flop on loan too.

#CLIVEBAKEROUT

Ipswich on FM19 on 20:40 - Nov 12 with 5661 viewsNthsuffolkblue

"Midfield: Dozzell, Bishop, Huws."

Shows how unrealistic the game is!

If MM (or even Hurst) had been able to play that consistently they would still be here and we would be nowhere near the position we are in.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Ipswich on FM19 on 20:42 - Nov 12 with 5655 viewsBackToRussia

Ipswich on FM19 on 20:29 - Nov 12 by clive_baker

My assistant manager got poached so I got Jamie Clapham in as assistant. The blokes killing me, keeps storming out of press conferences.

I’ve made some pony signings, I think TWTD would explode if this happened. I make Paul Hurst look like a wheeler dealer. Micah Richards is probably the worst, although closely followed by Jack Rodwell. Jordan Rhodes has proved a complete flop on loan too.

#CLIVEBAKEROUT

LOL at the idea of Jamie Clapham storming out of anywhere.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Ipswich on FM19 on 20:52 - Nov 12 with 5643 viewsmo_itfc

I'm having the same issue.

Signed Darren Bent who seems to do the trick, but has no stamina anymore so he gets subbed every game! Harrison has had a few great games and other times he's a 5, no consistency!

most of the games, I'm getting hammered... I can't keep clean sheet at all!

I think I'm going to give up and start a new game with Colchester if I get relegated.

Poll: Now that The Athletic has an article, is this takeover actually happening?

Ipswich on FM19 on 22:27 - Nov 12 with 5519 viewsMelford

Ipswich on FM19 on 00:11 - Nov 7 by Melford

I've just had to sell Bart, Nsiala, and Ward for in the January window for 7.8 million. and got 2 mill to spend.

I got relegated. Chambers, Klug, Spence, Bishop and Edwards all left. Got the kids playing plus Chrouchy as an option off the bench, James Morrison and George Moncur. Second in League One, lost one game all season including all the cup matches. Cole Skuse hates me though.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024