Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hypothetical question for the TWTD masses 08:23 - Jan 9 with 19994 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

When we are relegated, would you go to these games:
1) The checkatrade trophy game at home to Scum. It’s regionalised isn’t it so would definitely happen in the group.

2) The Final at Wembley should we get there.

It’s a no for both for me. Play the reserves every week and pretend it doesn’t exist. I really hope we DON’T win it because I don’t want my first experience of Wembley with Ipswich to be in the tinpot competition. Nearly as bad as drawing Spurs away in a cup competition and it being at Wembley.
[Post edited 9 Jan 2019 8:25]

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Hypothetical question for the TWTD masses on 08:24 - Jan 9 with 7322 viewsWD19

Fortunately that is never going to be a problem for me.

No to the scum, yes to a day out at Wembley.
Hypothetical question for the TWTD masses on 08:25 - Jan 9 with 7315 viewsBenters2

Hello Son.

Hows Uncle Newcy?
Hypothetical question for the TWTD masses on 08:25 - Jan 9 with 7320 viewsartsbossbeard

Jeez, just read back what you've written.

If you can't take a potential achievable highlight from a rubbish period of time for the club, then it's not really for you, is it?

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Hypothetical question for the TWTD masses on 08:27 - Jan 9 with 7293 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Hypothetical question for the TWTD masses on 08:25 - Jan 9 by artsbossbeard

If you can't take a potential achievable highlight from a rubbish period of time for the club, then it's not really for you, is it?

It’s beneath a club like ours. Same with Sunderland. Hence why 3,000 Geordies went to the game yesterday to rub it in that they’re under 21s team were in a competitive fixture with Sunderland’s first team.

Maybe it’s just me ABB but I don’t have any care for the competition at all. Farcical that under 21s teams are in it.
[Post edited 9 Jan 2019 8:29]

Hypothetical question for the TWTD masses on 08:29 - Jan 9 with 7270 viewsReuser_is_God

Hypothetical question for the TWTD masses on 08:25 - Jan 9 by artsbossbeard

Southampton won the JPT when they were in L1 & I believe they took 40k to Wembley for the final, I’d be hugely disappointed if we didn’t do the same.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Hypothetical question for the TWTD masses on 08:31 - Jan 9 with 7255 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Hypothetical question for the TWTD masses on 08:29 - Jan 9 by Reuser_is_God

Southampton won the JPT when they were in L1 & I believe they took 40k to Wembley for the final, I’d be hugely disappointed if we didn’t do the same.

We would too to be fair.

Though I can’t be picky, I really wouldn’t want to go to Wembley with Ipswich for the first time to see us in a gripping contest with Burnleys under 21s. It doesn’t quite do it for me.

Hypothetical question for the TWTD masses on 08:33 - Jan 9 with 7240 viewsReuser_is_God

Hypothetical question for the TWTD masses on 08:31 - Jan 9 by The_Romford_Blue

We would too to be fair.

Though I can’t be picky, I really wouldn’t want to go to Wembley with Ipswich for the first time to see us in a gripping contest with Burnleys under 21s. It doesn’t quite do it for me.

Agree the u23 teams make it a farce but you got to games to watch Ipswich, not their opponent.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Hypothetical question for the TWTD masses on 08:36 - Jan 9 with 7233 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Hypothetical question for the TWTD masses on 08:33 - Jan 9 by Reuser_is_God

Agree the u23 teams make it a farce but you got to games to watch Ipswich, not their opponent.

True.

Though I still think the idea of us against Scums under 21s (if they go up) rather embarrassing.

I think it should be optional. Leave it to the smaller clubs to enjoy. Whether that sounds abit arrogant, I’m not sure. But hey ho.

Login to get fewer ads

Hypothetical question for the TWTD masses on 08:38 - Jan 9 with 7227 viewsJ2BLUE

No and no. Unless I get a ST which I’d be tempted to do if we go down as it would be different. Sh1t but different.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Hypothetical question for the TWTD masses on 08:43 - Jan 9 with 7210 viewsITFC_Forever

Yes and yes.

I'm not going to punish myself for the mess the club's in by not doing something I enjoy (going to games).

Although there's no way I'll let game number 1000 be against Norwich U-23s.
[Post edited 9 Jan 2019 8:47]

P 1124, W 500, D 288, L 336, F 1707, A 1359
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Hypothetical question for the TWTD masses on 08:44 - Jan 9 with 7201 viewsblueconscience

Hypothetical question for the TWTD masses on 08:27 - Jan 9 by The_Romford_Blue

It’s beneath a club like ours. Same with Sunderland. Hence why 3,000 Geordies went to the game yesterday to rub it in that they’re under 21s team were in a competitive fixture with Sunderland’s first team.

Maybe it’s just me ABB but I don’t have any care for the competition at all. Farcical that under 21s teams are in it.

It wouldn’t beneath us though, we will be where we will be.

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

Hypothetical question for the TWTD masses on 08:47 - Jan 9 with 7181 viewsgiant_stow

'beneath a club like ours'

Breathtaking.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Hypothetical question for the TWTD masses on 09:06 - Jan 9 with 7129 viewsITFC_Forever

It's an indignity for sure, but how can it be beneath a club like ours?

If that's the level we're at, it's the level we're at.

P 1124, W 500, D 288, L 336, F 1707, A 1359
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Hypothetical question for the TWTD masses on 09:06 - Jan 9 with 7128 viewsJohnny_Boy

There were 16,500 at that game last night!
Hypothetical question for the TWTD masses on 09:06 - Jan 9 with 7128 viewsabingdon_blue

Hypothetical question for the TWTD masses on 08:31 - Jan 9 by The_Romford_Blue

We would too to be fair.

Watching Ipswich at Wembley in a cup final is probably a once in a lifetime opportunity. As you rightly say; you can't be picky.

I would definitely go.
Hypothetical question for the TWTD masses on 09:09 - Jan 9 with 7116 viewsIpswichKnight

I'm kind of looking forward to the checkatrade, I would consider going to the scum game might be our first win against them for over 10 years!

Defiantly be going to Wembley I don't understand why any Town fan would not want to see us play for a trophy?
Hypothetical question for the TWTD masses on 09:18 - Jan 9 with 7085 viewsPJH

Just imagine if we avoided relegation and so many peoples plans for 2019/20 got ruined-heartbreaking.
Hypothetical question for the TWTD masses on 09:25 - Jan 9 with 7052 viewsMattinLondon

Hypothetical question for the TWTD masses on 08:47 - Jan 9 by giant_stow

'beneath a club like ours'

Breathtaking.

Agreed. It’s that sort of attitude which angers many clubs when the top teams play their reserves in the FA Cup. ‘But it’s the FA Cup - that’s different’. No it’s not it’s the same principle.
Hypothetical question for the TWTD masses on 09:38 - Jan 9 with 7015 viewsSouperJim

I've not bothered with any cup games in recent years for obvious reasons, but at home to the scum? No brainer, their fans would turn up and try and take the piss, which would backfire spectacularly when we give them a hiding and rub their faces in it.

If Lambert can't pull off the impossible, we need to lose the sense of entitlement fast. We are where we deserve to be and the sooner we accept that, the sooner we can get behind the team rather than dwell on how far we've fallen.

Watch Sunderland 'Til I Die for a fantastic lesson in how not to behave as a fanbase when the going gets tough.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Hypothetical question for the TWTD masses on 09:39 - Jan 9 with 7013 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Hypothetical question for the TWTD masses on 09:18 - Jan 9 by PJH

Just imagine if we avoided relegation and so many peoples plans for 2019/20 got ruined-heartbreaking.

Surprised you can get a phone reception to send that with your head that far in the sand PJH.

Hypothetical question for the TWTD masses on 09:41 - Jan 9 with 6989 viewsSergio

Would definitely go. if we are in the Checkatrade Trophy that is where we deserve to be.
Hypothetical question for the TWTD masses on 09:45 - Jan 9 with 6970 viewstextbackup

Yes to both

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

You youngsters don't know you're born...... on 09:46 - Jan 9 with 6971 viewsBloots

.....back in the day the "Hospital Cup" games against the scum used to be right old ding dongs.

They were "friendlies" and were still highly anticipated.

TWTD

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Hypothetical question for the TWTD masses on 09:50 - Jan 9 with 6950 viewstextbackup

Beneath us?! I’m appalled at your opinion on this.
Makes us sound so very knee style football fan.
I don’t even know what the intertoto Cup was back in the day, but I know it was sht, but I know I followed the club during these games as a kid

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Hypothetical question for the TWTD masses on 09:53 - Jan 9 with 6935 viewsWhymarkmariner

Hypothetical question for the TWTD masses on 09:39 - Jan 9 by The_Romford_Blue

Surprised you can get a phone reception to send that with your head that far in the sand PJH.

I'm afraid that on a purely financial reason I would decide whether to go or not. Marcus Evans has one hell of a decision to make with regard to prices.I see Season tickets in Division One currently are between £149 Bradford and £288 Scunthorpe. Based on these figures I'd say Town's ST is going to be in the £300 range ?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024