Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
People on the radio criticising Chalobah 19:35 - Jan 26 with 4718 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

There are a few on here as well.

The guy has been our best midfielder this season.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

People on the radio criticising Chalobah on 19:43 - Jan 26 with 4699 viewsScuzzer

In your opinion. In my opinion he shouldn't be in the team. Caught on the ball time and time again and too many passes go astray. Really don't see what he is here for. A youngster cant be expected to develop himself in a team rooted at the bottom of the table with a relegation battle raging. He's just filling a space that either Dozzell or Bishop should be occupying.

Established 1968

People on the radio criticising Chalobah on 19:45 - Jan 26 with 4693 viewsVaughan8

Despite that award not being a difficult task, he hasn't.

I don't watch every game so I know that means my opinion is void, but the games I have seen, he has showed not a lot. If he is the best, we really are doomed.
People on the radio criticising Chalobah on 20:19 - Jan 26 with 4669 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

People on the radio criticising Chalobah on 19:43 - Jan 26 by Scuzzer

In your opinion. In my opinion he shouldn't be in the team. Caught on the ball time and time again and too many passes go astray. Really don't see what he is here for. A youngster cant be expected to develop himself in a team rooted at the bottom of the table with a relegation battle raging. He's just filling a space that either Dozzell or Bishop should be occupying.

I agree that Bish or Andre should be in the team.

However, Chalobah is the only player in the team who plays with any sort of tempo. He is 19 playing in the worst team in the league, but still looks to be our only creative spark.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

People on the radio criticising Chalobah on 20:30 - Jan 26 with 4655 viewschristiand

I’ve only seen a couple of games live and the odd ones on TV this season and from those showings I agree with you True Blue. Chalobah seems to fall into the category of ‘Marmite,’ you either like him or you don’t. However, for a 19 year old lad, playing first team football in his first full season in a very poor side, he’s stood up well to the challenge. I believe that because his parent club is Chelsea many expect him to be Eden Hazard, but it’s those around him that have let him down. He can’t do it all on his own, it’s as simple as that!

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

People on the radio criticising Chalobah on 20:36 - Jan 26 with 4643 viewsKeaneish

Even if it is an opinion, it's still wrong. Of course a young player is going to develop playing in a struggling team, it's all game time. Load of nonsense to think otherwise. He played well today. Gave away the freekick thatead to their goal but prior to that the ref gave villa a nonsense free kick which built up to it.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

People on the radio criticising Chalobah on 20:56 - Jan 26 with 4608 viewsMullet

He was probably MOTM today. Which might be a low bar, but let's face it now Spence and Knudsen are out of the door, who else are people going to decide their opinions before kick off about?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

People on the radio criticising Chalobah on 21:08 - Jan 26 with 4575 viewsMrTown

People on the radio criticising Chalobah on 20:36 - Jan 26 by Keaneish

Even if it is an opinion, it's still wrong. Of course a young player is going to develop playing in a struggling team, it's all game time. Load of nonsense to think otherwise. He played well today. Gave away the freekick thatead to their goal but prior to that the ref gave villa a nonsense free kick which built up to it.

An opinion can't be wrong. But I do agree that to think a player can't develop in a struggling team is a bit mad, but why shouldn't that player developing be our own (Bishop or Dozzell), not Chelsea's (Chalobah).

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

People on the radio criticising Chalobah on 21:26 - Jan 26 with 4552 viewsKeaneish

People on the radio criticising Chalobah on 21:08 - Jan 26 by MrTown

An opinion can't be wrong. But I do agree that to think a player can't develop in a struggling team is a bit mad, but why shouldn't that player developing be our own (Bishop or Dozzell), not Chelsea's (Chalobah).

Because Chalobah offers something different and he's definitely better than Dozzell. None of our players have that little burst to get past players with a trick or at pace which he possesses.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Login to get fewer ads

People on the radio criticising Chalobah on 22:07 - Jan 26 with 4496 viewsGarv

Neither of whom show enough quality when they play. Chalobah has often looked like the only chance of seeing some creativity and something out of the ordinary.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

People on the radio criticising Chalobah on 22:13 - Jan 26 with 4481 viewsHerbivore

Chalobah isn't bad. However I can remember times when we signed properly good players on season long loans.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

People on the radio criticising Chalobah on 22:35 - Jan 26 with 4429 viewsMelford

People on the radio criticising Chalobah on 22:13 - Jan 26 by Herbivore

Chalobah isn't bad. However I can remember times when we signed properly good players on season long loans.

If he was in a Mick team alongside Skuse, he'd look properly good.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

People on the radio criticising Chalobah on 22:43 - Jan 26 with 4411 viewsblaggers

No he hasn't. I would say he has improved as the season has gone on, but he still has a real ricket in him. Needs to concentrate more, needs to stop playing lazy passes, but has moments where he shows quality. Downes has been more consistent this year.

Poll: What happens next?

People on the radio criticising Chalobah on 22:54 - Jan 26 with 4397 views44_not_out

Those who phone Radio Suffolk and many who post nonsense on here have never kicked a ball in their life and have very limited knowledge of the game. I tend to ignore their opinion.

I agree, he’s a very talented young player who plays the game beyond his years.
People on the radio criticising Chalobah on 23:14 - Jan 26 with 4368 viewsMelford

People on the radio criticising Chalobah on 22:54 - Jan 26 by 44_not_out

Those who phone Radio Suffolk and many who post nonsense on here have never kicked a ball in their life and have very limited knowledge of the game. I tend to ignore their opinion.

I agree, he’s a very talented young player who plays the game beyond his years.

This is his first season of 'proper' football, he's had a hell of of poisoned chalice coming into a team that has been in so much upheaval/massive sh*tstorm. He's done well for us, you can tell there's class there but it's not the easiest environment to make your first steps in senior football.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

People on the radio criticising Chalobah on 23:51 - Jan 26 with 4320 viewsStokieBlue

Have you seen Dozzell play this season? The games pass him by.

You've then said that a youngster can't develop in a team with a relegation battle but you want Dozzell to play and do that.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

People on the radio criticising Chalobah on 00:03 - Jan 27 with 4301 viewsBlue_Moses

People on the radio criticising Chalobah on 21:08 - Jan 26 by MrTown

Maybe they don't want it as much?
People on the radio criticising Chalobah on 00:58 - Jan 27 with 4265 viewsLancsBlue

There are two different arguments here:

1. Chalobah (along with Collins) was our best player today. He is a class act, gets us moving forward and is prepared to try something different or ambitious. When it doesn't come off some people are quick to jump on him. The trouble is if we don't have players doing that we are stale and predictable - isn't that what we wanted to move away from? That the players around him don't have the movement or ability to make runs or read what he is going to do, is hardly his fault.
2. I've heard people say, we are going down anyway, so why not give our own youngsters experience? The trouble is, we are not down yet and until or if we are, it makes no sense to take one of your best players out of the team. If relegation is confirmed with some games to go, then there might be an argument to be had.

Poll: If you watch Town less often than in the past, what is the main reason?

People on the radio criticising Chalobah on 07:35 - Jan 27 with 4187 viewstextbackup

People on the radio criticising Chalobah on 20:56 - Jan 26 by Mullet

He was probably MOTM today. Which might be a low bar, but let's face it now Spence and Knudsen are out of the door, who else are people going to decide their opinions before kick off about?

People like you are fcking insufferable at times on here.

[Post edited 27 Jan 2019 8:56]

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

People on the radio criticising Chalobah on 07:50 - Jan 27 with 4171 viewsBenters2

People on the radio criticising Chalobah on 07:35 - Jan 27 by textbackup

People like you are fcking insufferable at times on here.

[Post edited 27 Jan 2019 8:56]

Blame the fans.
People on the radio criticising Chalobah on 10:11 - Jan 27 with 4075 viewsBluebell

People on the radio criticising Chalobah on 20:56 - Jan 26 by Mullet

You would be surprised Mullet.

I was in the chatroom yesterday having been unable to go to the game and I think every single player was getting slated at different times. Even Sears after he scored!

I really should avoid the chatroom if I am not at games. (Sorry Gav )

Talking of that my thanks must go to BacktoRussia for the video link which kept me out of the chatroom and sane!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024