Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kenlock 10:44 - Feb 3 with 6614 viewsgrimboy

Got well and truely done yesterday I don’t think he can cut it.
Kenlock on 10:48 - Feb 3 with 5653 viewsPecker

He will need time and games. It wasn't his and only his fault we lost yesterday.
Kenlock on 10:52 - Feb 3 with 5625 viewssparks

Kenlock on 10:48 - Feb 3 by Pecker

He will need time and games. It wasn't his and only his fault we lost yesterday.

Quite. he was fine, though struggled as did the rest of the team with an absence of movement around him and options when on the ball.

There is not a full back in the world who doesnt get beaten sometimes.

Although he is 22 he really has very little first team experience so far.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Kenlock on 10:54 - Feb 3 with 5612 viewsbournemouthblue

this isn't the first time Adam Reach has caused us problems

Even when he gets done, there seems to be a distinct lack of tracking back going on behind him

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Kenlock on 10:54 - Feb 3 with 5605 viewsBasuco

Young player against a very good player in Reach, but I notice there are far more crosses coming in from the left side since Jonas has been out of the side. Myles looks a good player and is improving still, but will need time to get up to the level of knudsen.
Kenlock on 10:56 - Feb 3 with 5593 viewsKeaneish

Kenlock on 10:54 - Feb 3 by Basuco

Young player against a very good player in Reach, but I notice there are far more crosses coming in from the left side since Jonas has been out of the side. Myles looks a good player and is improving still, but will need time to get up to the level of knudsen.

Thought Reach was quite poor yesterday to be honest. I actually thought he'd been subbed at one point.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Kenlock on 10:59 - Feb 3 with 5574 viewsbournemouthblue

Kenlock on 10:56 - Feb 3 by Keaneish

Thought Reach was quite poor yesterday to be honest. I actually thought he'd been subbed at one point.

He came good in the end though which is the sign of a good player?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Kenlock on 11:01 - Feb 3 with 5558 viewsGluedtoBlue

And that's why 3 managers have picked Knudsen in spite of the expert fans.

He's our best left back...by a distance as well. Not as easy to replace as some people claim.

Poll: Who do you hate the most?

Kenlock on 11:03 - Feb 3 with 5543 viewssparks

Kenlock on 11:01 - Feb 3 by GluedtoBlue

And that's why 3 managers have picked Knudsen in spite of the expert fans.

He's our best left back...by a distance as well. Not as easy to replace as some people claim.

He may have done better there. He cant pass though. And wont fit in a side which is set up to pass the ball. And he essentially remobved himself from contention.

Sounds like the ball is in his Court to go to PL and say he is focussed on ITFC for the time being. He does that, hell be in contention...

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Login to get fewer ads

Kenlock on 12:43 - Feb 3 with 5420 viewsLuggworm

Nothing to do with the 2 central defenders who left a man completely free on the 6 yard line while marking no one.
Kenlock on 12:50 - Feb 3 with 5391 viewsHerbivore

Kenlock on 10:54 - Feb 3 by Basuco

I don't think he has the ability to get up to the level of Knudsen unfortunately. We'll need a new left back in the summer imo.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Kenlock on 13:12 - Feb 3 with 5347 viewsMattRichards4England

Puts this effort in, but overall football ability... one of the worst in the league. Just doesn’t look comfortable at any point. No improvement on Knudsen whatsoever. Weird that the lad from Fulham never got a proper chance
Kenlock on 17:29 - Feb 3 with 5181 viewsJonnosdreadlocks

bit harsh, he did no worse than Bree and was better than Nsiala, Pennington was best defender yesterday. It was the constant back passing that put us under pressure and Skuse instigated most of that.

Poll: An English Anthem. Wales and Scotland use their own what should England use?

Kenlock on 17:40 - Feb 3 with 5141 viewsWickets

Reach had the beating of him most of the game i'm just surprised it took so long for them to cash in. Reach also missed a right sitter in the first half. Hope Kenlock can come back from this but i don't think he is quite up to championship football yet. Mind you sorry to say he's not the only one who is lacking confidence .
Kenlock on 18:50 - Feb 3 with 5041 viewsagentp

Kenlock on 13:12 - Feb 3 by MattRichards4England

Puts this effort in, but overall football ability... one of the worst in the league. Just doesn’t look comfortable at any point. No improvement on Knudsen whatsoever. Weird that the lad from Fulham never got a proper chance

Wasn't Edun injured?

Poll: If only these two were available who would you choose for the rest of the season

Kenlock on 23:58 - Feb 3 with 4865 viewsWednesdayJon

Kenlock on 10:56 - Feb 3 by Keaneish

Reach had been really poor during the game, up until the point he wriggled through on the right of the box to slide it across for Joao.
Kenlock on 00:11 - Feb 4 with 4849 viewsMrTown

For one mistake?

Let’s all jump on him, let’s get Knudsen back etc.

If he is consistently poor then fair enough, but he was fine bar that error, and has been fine every time he has played this season, why are you jumping on his back after one error?

Very strange.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Kenlock on 06:33 - Feb 4 with 4784 viewsColchesterBlue1985

As others have said he is far from our biggest problem at the moment but a problem nevertheless. Hearing lamberts post match interview I expect he will be dropped on Sunday, our full backs will be what the wing backs target then there’s the small matter of there classy creative midfielders. This is not the same scum team we played back in September unfortunately.
Kenlock on 07:10 - Feb 4 with 4745 viewschristiand

Kenlock on 10:52 - Feb 3 by sparks

Quite. he was fine, though struggled as did the rest of the team with an absence of movement around him and options when on the ball.

There is not a full back in the world who doesnt get beaten sometimes.

Although he is 22 he really has very little first team experience so far.

Very true Sparks. I feel some expect players to be faultless, they simply aren't. Even if they play for Man City or Liverpool they all make mistakes. It's how Kenlock reacts to it, which is the most important thing.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Kenlock on 07:13 - Feb 4 with 4742 viewsSomethingBlue

It's almost as if Knudsen is our best left-back by an absolute street.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Kenlock on 08:00 - Feb 4 with 4709 viewsBloomBlue

Kenlock on 00:11 - Feb 4 by MrTown

For one mistake?

If he is consistently poor then fair enough, but he was fine bar that error, and has been fine every time he has played this season, why are you jumping on his back after one error?

Very strange.

Well he was also poor in the second half against Millwall, they even kept playing the ball in that direct because they could see he was the weaklink.

However the whole team is lacking confidence and the defenders cannot find another player in space which is putting the whole defence under pressure when they have the ball and when they don't have the ball it's constantly coming straight back from the forwards/midfield
Kenlock on 08:20 - Feb 4 with 4686 viewsitfcjoe

He's ok to fill in every now and again, but there is no way he should be starting regularly in this league.

He's decent enough on the ball, but generally always ends up cutting inside which is exactly what the other team want you to as closes off half the pitch; and hi defending is too weak. As evidenced vs Millwall and again on Saturday.

I saw Jonas Knudsen in Tesco yesterday, so he's obviously still here even if not available for selection - but he is far superior to both Kenlock and Elder and a mistake has been made.

I'd give Elder a run in the team, I've seen enough from Kenlock

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Kenlock on 08:21 - Feb 4 with 4680 viewsReuser_is_God

Kenlock on 07:13 - Feb 4 by SomethingBlue

Which doesn’t say a lot for the other 2.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Kenlock on 08:25 - Feb 4 with 4658 viewsBenters2

Kenlock on 07:13 - Feb 4 by SomethingBlue

Why doesn't he play then?
Kenlock on 08:43 - Feb 4 with 4616 viewsitfc_bucks

For one mistake?

Very strange.

Strange, that's pretty much how it's been for Jonas...
Kenlock on 09:12 - Feb 4 with 4562 viewsJammyDodgerrr

For one mistake?

Very strange.

Kenlock has never shown he is a competent championship left back and some people(like with Doz) are probably pushing him up because he's from our academy. He's decent, but when people were calling for Knudsens head and wanting Kenlock instead, it was baffling.

For now, i think we just need to bury the Knudsen hatchet and get him in the team. Best LB by a mile, and i don't care if he leaves in the summer as long as he helps us stay up.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024