Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Those who were there 22:28 - Apr 6 with 8165 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Lambo says we were brilliant.
Were we? The Sky highlights don't look great.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Those who were there on 22:40 - Apr 6 with 8091 viewsartsbossbeard

"Right, we won. What can I find to moan about??"

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Those who were there on 22:45 - Apr 6 with 8065 viewsStNeotsBlue

1st half we dominated it and importantly took our chances. 2nd half we huffed and puffed without creating too much but equally we never looked like throwing the game away.
Those who were there on 23:29 - Apr 6 with 7899 viewsfactual_blue

sky tv is a bit rubbish shock horror.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Those who were there on 23:31 - Apr 6 with 7897 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Those who were there on 22:40 - Apr 6 by artsbossbeard

"Right, we won. What can I find to moan about??"

Right, I was asking a genuine question, and you’ve decided to lump on.

Being you must be fking exhausting.

Those who were there on 23:33 - Apr 6 with 7876 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Those who were there on 23:29 - Apr 6 by factual_blue

sky tv is a bit rubbish shock horror.

Not really, they’ve put some lengthy highlight on previously. But this was two Bolton attacks and two Town attacks. Just let me get mystic meg in so I can get a fuller picture. I assume you weren’t there?

Those who were there on 23:40 - Apr 6 with 7819 viewsartsbossbeard

Those who were there on 23:31 - Apr 6 by Cheltenham_Blue

Right, I was asking a genuine question, and you’ve decided to lump on.

Being you must be fking exhausting.

I'm a bit tired granted.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Those who were there on 23:44 - Apr 6 with 7804 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Those who were there on 23:40 - Apr 6 by artsbossbeard

I'm a bit tired granted.

Then get some sleep. In one post, you’ve epitomised everything that’s wrong with this board.

Those who were there on 23:55 - Apr 6 with 7717 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Those who were there on 22:45 - Apr 6 by StNeotsBlue

1st half we dominated it and importantly took our chances. 2nd half we huffed and puffed without creating too much but equally we never looked like throwing the game away.

Thanks

Login to get fewer ads

Those who were there on 00:03 - Apr 7 with 7646 viewsRozz

This thread. Welcome to the black and white, hard brexit or remain generation.

In response to your entirely reasonable question: good first half, knocked the ball about fairly well and comfortably better team, as we have been in many halves over last few weeks. Difference today was clinical finishing from Quaner, which I'll admit I'm surprised to see he's capable of - in particular his 2nd goal was Murphesque. Second half played out like 2 relegated teams that are not very good being not very good. Positives are youngsters who continue to get game time, in particular Kenlock and Emmanuel who had a great game (despite the latter's clanger for the goal).

Sky highlights reflect chances, and in truth neither team seriously threatened beyond the chances shown.

Great to get the win, relieve some pressure, and further blood the young talent in the team. A good week for the town, in an undeniable disaster of a season.
Those who were there on 00:10 - Apr 7 with 7610 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Those who were there on 00:03 - Apr 7 by Rozz

This thread. Welcome to the black and white, hard brexit or remain generation.

In response to your entirely reasonable question: good first half, knocked the ball about fairly well and comfortably better team, as we have been in many halves over last few weeks. Difference today was clinical finishing from Quaner, which I'll admit I'm surprised to see he's capable of - in particular his 2nd goal was Murphesque. Second half played out like 2 relegated teams that are not very good being not very good. Positives are youngsters who continue to get game time, in particular Kenlock and Emmanuel who had a great game (despite the latter's clanger for the goal).

Sky highlights reflect chances, and in truth neither team seriously threatened beyond the chances shown.

Great to get the win, relieve some pressure, and further blood the young talent in the team. A good week for the town, in an undeniable disaster of a season.

Ta.

Those who were there on 00:35 - Apr 7 with 7538 viewsIllinoisblue

Brilliant is overcooking it; good first half, not a great second half. Any claims of greatness are tempered by the fact Bolton are garbage

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Those who were there on 01:29 - Apr 7 with 7425 viewseddiespearitt03

A winning result at long last but it still can not hide the massive sadness that this great club has been relegated.
Those who were there on 01:33 - Apr 7 with 7419 viewsLord_Lucan

Those who were there on 23:44 - Apr 6 by Cheltenham_Blue

Then get some sleep. In one post, you’ve epitomised everything that’s wrong with this board.

Wind ya neck in.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Those who were there on 01:46 - Apr 7 with 7396 viewsMinneapolis_ITFC

Easy to view the negatives from today's game. Score aside we beat a team, that may well just be as poor as ourselves and it's Town's what 4th or 5th win in some 40 games (!)

So it's two teams that are as good as gone from the second league this season and will meet up again in August in a lower league, but what the hell we got a victory and they've been (very) few and far between all the way along 'til now.

Forget the opposition maybe, overlook the league placing and imminent fall ahead, and savor the three points today. Rare treat in all truth, and an away trip victory is always good to read up on.
Those who were there on 07:13 - Apr 7 with 7133 viewsBlueBadger

My impression from the radio was this:
First half: genuinely good performance.
Second half: Improved Performance.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Those who were there on 07:20 - Apr 7 with 7089 viewsBenters2

Those who were there on 01:33 - Apr 7 by Lord_Lucan

Wind ya neck in.

Ha 🤪
Those who were there on 18:28 - Apr 7 with 6530 viewsChocorange

First half very good, including clinical finishing from Quaner.

Second half, the job was done , PL no pushing forward unnecessarily, the subs coming on Downes and Trev for 2 more creative players.

PL was visibly annoyed that we let the clean sheet slip.
Those who were there on 18:49 - Apr 7 with 6460 viewsNoCanariesAllowed

I think Lambert's just keeping the positivity going with the 'brilliant' comment. The truth is, the last game I went to was West Brom, and I genuinely think we played better there. But Bolton were really underwhelming and, in a real rarity, we found two proper quality finishes to get the win in the bag. I must admit conceding the goal at the death made me feel surprisingly flat, because they'd done so little to threaten us that I felt we really deserved a more comfortable scoreline.

The win was the important thing though. They've reminded themselves that they can get a lead over the line and, with the recent overall improvement coupled with the utter lack of anything to lose now, it's not unthinkable we can build some genuine momentum to take into the summer and next season.
Those who were there on 19:02 - Apr 7 with 6415 viewsMullet

It was bottom vs. second bottom ultimately. It was nice to win, it was badly needed and it perhaps gives us the comfort that coming down with us is a club in an even bigger mess.

There were nice movements of play and the odd good touch that lifted us, but I'd say if we're hanging our hats on that performance we really are scraping the barrel.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Those who were there on 19:08 - Apr 7 with 6391 viewsGlasgowBlue

Those who were there on 22:45 - Apr 6 by StNeotsBlue

In the second half we were trying to defend our two goal lead and hit them on the break. Could have got a third if Judge hadn’t have tripped over his own feet in the box, which ended up with Bolton going straight up our end and scoring.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

7/10 first half...... on 19:11 - Apr 7 with 6366 viewsBloots

.....5/10 second half.

Overall 6/10.

Bolton 3/10.

Wednesday night will be a better barometer when we play a team that's only slightly below average and not totally plop.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Those who were there on 19:40 - Apr 7 with 6246 viewsTrequartista

You always have to calibrate his praise downwards a few notches, see also Reading away or McCarthy describing Jay Tabb and Jonathan Douglas.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Those who were there on 09:21 - Apr 9 with 5812 viewsBlueBadger

Those who were there on 19:40 - Apr 7 by Trequartista

You always have to calibrate his praise downwards a few notches, see also Reading away or McCarthy describing Jay Tabb and Jonathan Douglas.

This would involve people actually reading something vaguely critically, rather than taking the word of slick PR man at face value though.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024