Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Should Ipswich build their team next year around Teddy Bishop? 18:54 - May 8 with 3980 viewsbluevein

Just asking.
Should Ipswich build their team next year around Teddy Bishop? on 18:59 - May 8 with 3966 viewsBinner

No.

Glad to be of help.

Poll: Last game of the season. You need to win. Would you rather be...

Should Ipswich build their team next year around Teddy Bishop? on 19:01 - May 8 with 3962 viewsgordon

What does it actually mean to build your team around a player. It's not exactly lego, is it?
Should Ipswich build their team next year around Teddy Bishop? on 19:02 - May 8 with 3961 viewsSwansea_Blue

We’ve built a team around him already - the physio team

I wouldn’t, but he’ll be important if he stays fit and he’s still here of course (I expect interest in him).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Should Ipswich build their team next year around Teddy Bishop? on 19:04 - May 8 with 3940 viewsBluefish

100% yes

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Should Ipswich build their team next year around Teddy Bishop? on 19:05 - May 8 with 3931 viewschicoazul

You shouldnt build a team around any one player no unless it's Messi or Ronaldo, but if you're asking if he should be one of the first names on the teamsheet then yes certainly.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Should Ipswich build their team next year around Teddy Bishop? on 19:12 - May 8 with 3898 viewsBlueBadger

Should Ipswich build their team next year around Teddy Bishop? on 19:04 - May 8 by Bluefish

100% yes

Lambert will probably be seeking to build around Judge.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Should Ipswich build their team next year around Teddy Bishop? on 19:12 - May 8 with 3893 viewsPJH

Should Ipswich build their team next year around Teddy Bishop? on 19:05 - May 8 by chicoazul

You shouldnt build a team around any one player no unless it's Messi or Ronaldo, but if you're asking if he should be one of the first names on the teamsheet then yes certainly.

If he is fit I think he should be just about the first name on the teamsheet if not the first.
Just about the only plus point of the season was seeing him play a number of games and to be able to take and absorb heavy tackles.
Should Ipswich build their team next year around Teddy Bishop? on 19:21 - May 8 with 3857 viewsKeaneish

No and we ready know the answer. Next season the team will be built around Alan Judge.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Login to get fewer ads

Should Ipswich build their team next year around Teddy Bishop? on 19:33 - May 8 with 3822 viewsmonty_radio

If we are to develop a discernible and effective system of play then we need positional cover that enables the system to continue in spite of injuries. Trouble is that at least four of our potential midfielders have their sicknotes in their schoolbags, Teddy being one of them.

Building anything on such uncertain foundation is tricky.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Should Ipswich build their team next year around Teddy Bishop? on 19:35 - May 8 with 3814 viewsDubtractor

Should Ipswich build their team next year around Teddy Bishop? on 19:12 - May 8 by PJH

If he is fit I think he should be just about the first name on the teamsheet if not the first.
Just about the only plus point of the season was seeing him play a number of games and to be able to take and absorb heavy tackles.

You enjoy watching young men take and absorb heavy tackle?

Sauce.

edit: Answering the OP - no we should n't build around him, but he should be in the team every game for which he is fit.
[Post edited 8 May 2019 19:46]

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Should Ipswich build their team next year around Teddy Bishop? on 19:55 - May 8 with 3756 viewscbower

Should Ipswich build their team next year around Teddy Bishop? on 19:21 - May 8 by Keaneish

No and we ready know the answer. Next season the team will be built around Alan Judge.

This should only be the case if Judge is given the free role to wander with relatively limited defensive commitments. Trying to tie him to wide left is a no no for me and ends up leaving the full back somewhat exposed.

bluescouser

Should Ipswich build their team next year around Teddy Bishop? on 19:57 - May 8 with 3749 viewsbournemouthblue

As great a talent as Teddy Bishop is

It would be akin to building your house on sand

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Should Ipswich build their team next year around Teddy Bishop? on 20:01 - May 8 with 3722 viewsJ2BLUE

No because he can't stay fit. If we could guarantee no injuries then yes, it would be a no brainer.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Should Ipswich build their team next year around Teddy Bishop? on 20:15 - May 8 with 3688 viewsBluefish

Should Ipswich build their team next year around Teddy Bishop? on 19:21 - May 8 by Keaneish

It would be a mistake. Judge is a very good, clever and tidy player but he doesn't have the extra spark to make the difference anymore, bishop does. He must be the one we build around

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Should Ipswich build their team next year around Teddy Bishop? on 21:40 - May 8 with 3563 viewsArnieM

Should Ipswich build their team next year around Teddy Bishop? on 19:02 - May 8 by Swansea_Blue

We’ve built a team around him already - the physio team

I wouldn’t, but he’ll be important if he stays fit and he’s still here of course (I expect interest in him).

Build it round our “ experienced” youngsters ie

Downes, Bishop, Nolan, Dozzell , Kenlock, Woolfie

Add to the mix senior experience :
Judge, Skuse, Chambo, Edwards

Add new players
CB
LB
RB
Strikers x2

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Should Ipswich build their team next year around Teddy Bishop? on 22:12 - May 8 with 3476 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Should Ipswich build their team next year around Teddy Bishop? on 18:59 - May 8 by Binner

No.

Glad to be of help.

2 reasons why no is the correct answer. Injury is always a possibility and no team should ever be built around one player, especially a fairly inexperienced one.

Build the team around playing passing football and therefore players like Bishop, Dozzell and Judge, yes. Bring in more of them. Get them all to improve in passing and moving, yes. Make us attractive to watch but with much more cutting edge than we have seen. Still mix it up a bit so it is effective. Run at players too using the skills of Edwards more (let's hope he can be far more consistent).

Build the team around any one individual who then thinks they have arrived and doesn't have to work hard for their place, no.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Should Ipswich build their team next year around Teddy Bishop? on 07:06 - May 9 with 3315 viewsChurchman

Surely you build a team around a decent keeper, centre half, central midfielder and goal scorer. A spine to a team.
Should Ipswich build their team next year around Teddy Bishop? on 11:53 - May 9 with 3102 viewsGREYBLUE

Should Ipswich build their team next year around Teddy Bishop? on 07:06 - May 9 by Churchman

Surely you build a team around a decent keeper, centre half, central midfielder and goal scorer. A spine to a team.

Spine of a team ?
Bart
Webster
Skuse
Waghorn
We had one once
Should Ipswich build their team next year around Teddy Bishop? on 11:56 - May 9 with 3098 viewsPJH

Should Ipswich build their team next year around Teddy Bishop? on 11:53 - May 9 by GREYBLUE

Spine of a team ?
Bart
Webster
Skuse
Waghorn
We had one once

But that was in the old days when we were a Championship team.
Should Ipswich build their team next year around Teddy Bishop? on 14:00 - May 9 with 3013 viewsNo9

Building a football team around one player is not a good idea
1/ That player may get injured
2/ That player may get transferred

What happens then?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024