Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
QPR bid for Judge 08:45 - Jul 14 with 7487 viewsFarmerpiles

Alan Nixon in today's Sun says Town rejected a bid for Judge of £250,000.
QPR bid for Judge on 08:52 - Jul 14 with 5429 viewsSomethingBlue

If that's true then they clearly know enough that Judge quite fancies the move ... but also clearly won't match anything like what Town would want, even with a couple of revisions. Unless the player absolutely kicks off you would hope he is staying.
[Post edited 14 Jul 2019 9:01]

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

QPR bid for Judge on 08:52 - Jul 14 with 5404 viewsKieran_Knows

It’s going to happen at some point this summer, I’m almost certain of it.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

QPR bid for Judge on 09:00 - Jul 14 with 5337 viewschristiand

Hoping that Judge will show a bit of loyalty and help us in our current plight, especially as we were the ones that took him in January from obscurity. Give us this season and then we’ll review the situation next summer, we might even be back in the Championship by then AJ, I’m not convinced QPR will be. If QPR are genuinely interested then they need to make a serious bid, that offer is simply derisory considering he will be one of our key components.
[Post edited 14 Jul 2019 9:36]

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

QPR bid for Judge on 09:01 - Jul 14 with 5334 viewsSomethingBlue

QPR bid for Judge on 08:52 - Jul 14 by Kieran_Knows

It’s going to happen at some point this summer, I’m almost certain of it.

It would be the absolute *encapsulation* of the way we just aren't allowed nice things anymore.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

QPR bid for Judge on 09:04 - Jul 14 with 5286 viewsBLUEBEAT

If it happens, I won’t be checking this forum for at least 6 months.

Poll: W or W

QPR bid for Judge on 09:09 - Jul 14 with 5235 viewsHerbivore

£250k is a bit of a piss take of a bid. I'd want a million for him.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

QPR bid for Judge on 09:12 - Jul 14 with 5203 viewsSuperblue95

QPR bid for Judge on 09:04 - Jul 14 by BLUEBEAT

If it happens, I won’t be checking this forum for at least 6 months.

The meltdown would be unbearable

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

QPR bid for Judge on 09:13 - Jul 14 with 5194 viewsHerbivore

QPR bid for Judge on 09:12 - Jul 14 by Superblue95

The meltdown would be unbearable

It would. And fairly unjustified imo, I think the perception of Judge is way out of whack with how he's actually performed for us.

Login to get fewer ads

QPR bid for Judge on 09:17 - Jul 14 with 5155 viewsSuperblue95

QPR bid for Judge on 09:13 - Jul 14 by Herbivore

It would. And fairly unjustified imo, I think the perception of Judge is way out of whack with how he's actually performed for us.

Agreed. I think people are pinning a lot of hopes on him becoming the player he was at Brentford before the Hyam tackle. It would be fantastic if he does but I’m sceptical.

That said 250K is a pathetic bid.

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

QPR bid for Judge on 09:18 - Jul 14 with 5143 viewsChateauWines

It would be a shocking thing to allow to happen. Alan is pivotal to PL and us fans dreams and plans for the next season. I understand loyalty in football is rare and not to be expected, this is however a situation where I would expect some loyalty

Poll: CRUMPETS- What to put on?

QPR bid for Judge on 09:19 - Jul 14 with 5132 viewsPJH

I think the perception of Judge is more based on what he could and should do for us at this lowly level.
He should be a standout player in League One and should be very important to our chances of bouncing straight back up.
He is worth more to us for what he should do for us than he is for what he has done for us.
QPR bid for Judge on 09:34 - Jul 14 with 4992 viewschristiand

QPR bid for Judge on 09:19 - Jul 14 by PJH

I think the perception of Judge is more based on what he could and should do for us at this lowly level.
He should be a standout player in League One and should be very important to our chances of bouncing straight back up.
He is worth more to us for what he should do for us than he is for what he has done for us.

He also showed glimpses at times last season what a quality player he can be and in a side that was low in confidence and toothless in attack. He’ll be pivotal for us this season and one that can make a difference in games.
[Post edited 14 Jul 2019 9:37]

QPR bid for Judge on 09:35 - Jul 14 with 4986 viewsstrikalite

QPR bid for Judge on 09:09 - Jul 14 by Herbivore

£250k is a bit of a piss take of a bid. I'd want a million for him.

As a hands off message I'd slap a £3m price tag on him myself, though Evans would probably take £750k sadly..
QPR bid for Judge on 09:39 - Jul 14 with 4919 viewschristiand

QPR bid for Judge on 09:35 - Jul 14 by strikalite

As a hands off message I'd slap a £3m price tag on him myself, though Evans would probably take £750k sadly..

‘IF’ ME sells him will just show the lack of ambition of our owner sadly and confirm what many of us already believe.

QPR bid for Judge on 09:49 - Jul 14 with 4801 viewshampstead_blue

As much as we'd hope he will be player to rip up trees, I have my doubts.

He does however give us experience and a real physical presence.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

QPR bid for Judge on 09:53 - Jul 14 with 4737 viewsHerbivore

QPR bid for Judge on 09:35 - Jul 14 by strikalite

I'd probably let him go for a million to be honest. He managed one assist and no goals in half a season here, I don't really get why so many fans are pinning all their hopes on him.

QPR bid for Judge on 09:56 - Jul 14 with 4693 viewsstrikalite

QPR bid for Judge on 09:39 - Jul 14 by christiand

‘IF’ ME sells him will just show the lack of ambition of our owner sadly and confirm what many of us already believe.

Sadly we have an owner who doesn't really know the game and therefore doesn't have an eye for a player, take someone like DM the owner of Peterborough for example, talks in depth about players out there, talks quite excitingly about a player they've secured, I really like that in an owner, if you know a player then you have more idea about value etc, because I don't think he really does, I think he's so detached that he has no real gut interest..
QPR bid for Judge on 10:03 - Jul 14 with 4609 viewsWhymarkmariner

QPR bid for Judge on 09:53 - Jul 14 by Herbivore

I'd probably let him go for a million to be honest. He managed one assist and no goals in half a season here, I don't really get why so many fans are pinning all their hopes on him.

I don't think it's so much pinning hopes on him. It's the experience and a little bit of class, plus a slight edge that he has which is what is needed in Division One. We have several talented touch players but players like Judge and Norwood also know how to dish it out should it be needed. Still think we could do with someone with a battering ram attitude in defence and probably another forward as Freddie won't be up to speed for at least 6 month's of the season.
QPR bid for Judge on 10:05 - Jul 14 with 4584 viewsbrogansnose

QPR bid for Judge on 09:19 - Jul 14 by PJH

I'd agree with that PJ. I also think that we need to factor in that last season we had a completely ineffectual / decimated front line for him to service and asking a player to come in and virtually do the whole job on his own is a big task.

We also need to consider that a manager who knows him very well is looking for him to be possibly central to his plans in a league higher. Seeing as we've had all these wind-falls right now do we really need to lose any experienced quality from the side ? Like you say, he really should be one of the top players at this level. I look at a lot of our plethora of mid-fielders and they are mostly young, inexperienced, slight of frame, ageing or have had serious injuries.

I really don't like selling anyone unless its neccesary who is good, the Waghorn sale last season did for us imho.

Edit; From ME's position he needs to lump on us going back up at the first instance if not he loses more money and we'll be down here for ages.
[Post edited 14 Jul 2019 10:07]
QPR bid for Judge on 10:09 - Jul 14 with 4543 viewsjas0999

We will probably sell Judge then replace him with a loan. That’s been the Evans way for years. I doubt very little will change.
QPR bid for Judge on 10:16 - Jul 14 with 4478 viewsRegencyBlue

QPR bid for Judge on 09:01 - Jul 14 by SomethingBlue

It would be the absolute *encapsulation* of the way we just aren't allowed nice things anymore.

It would certainly encapsulate how the idea of building a team here plays second fiddle to cashing in on players at the earliest opportunity!
QPR bid for Judge on 10:19 - Jul 14 with 4446 viewsSwansea_Blue

We’ve know of interest for a few weeks now, so it’d be nice to think that we’ve a couple of options lined up if/when he does go.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

QPR bid for Judge on 10:22 - Jul 14 with 4423 viewsHerbivore

QPR bid for Judge on 10:19 - Jul 14 by Swansea_Blue

We’ve know of interest for a few weeks now, so it’d be nice to think that we’ve a couple of options lined up if/when he does go.

If he does go I'd hope we invest in another genuine wide option. Sticking Judge out on the left in a 4-3-3, which is mostly what Lambert has done, doesn't get the best out of him or us.

QPR bid for Judge on 10:22 - Jul 14 with 4430 viewsKieran_Knows

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

QPR bid for Judge on 10:22 - Jul 14 with 4421 viewsRegencyBlue

QPR bid for Judge on 09:53 - Jul 14 by Herbivore

Whoops!

Upvoted that in error!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024