Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Weakened team 13:55 - Aug 13 with 2072 viewsBluefish

Has anyone picked a team for tonight and not picked a weakened team yet? It used to be a red line for supporters to not play weakened teams in the cup. Personally I have supported weakened teams and so does practically every manager on football.

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Weakened team on 13:56 - Aug 13 with 1832 viewsSpruceMoose

There's a difference between a weakened team and a rotated team though isn't there? This is good though, nice post, subtle like. You'll enrage a few here.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Weakened team on 13:56 - Aug 13 with 1831 viewsJ2BLUE

I don't think many objected in the first round of the league cup. FA Cup third round was the issue.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Weakened team on 13:56 - Aug 13 with 1832 viewsTractorCam

I think the clue is that Lambert has said he will make plenty of changes.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Weakened team on 14:00 - Aug 13 with 1818 viewsBluefish

Weakened team on 13:56 - Aug 13 by TractorCam

Boooooooo!!!1!

Lambert out!

PANIC BLAME DISGRACE

I feel I should put some smiley faces on this post but I enjoy the outrage

Weakened team on 14:05 - Aug 13 with 1795 viewsBluefish

Weakened team on 13:56 - Aug 13 by J2BLUE

I don't think many objected in the first round of the league cup. FA Cup third round was the issue.

Normally 3rd round is against lesser opponents opposed to tonight playing a team higher than our full strength

Weakened team on 14:05 - Aug 13 with 1791 viewsPJH

Weakened team on 13:56 - Aug 13 by TractorCam

As did MM before the half and half trip to Manchester but that did not prevent uproar when it turned out that MM did in fact make plenty of changes.
Weakened team on 14:30 - Aug 13 with 1744 viewsIllinoisblue

Weakened team on 14:05 - Aug 13 by PJH

As did MM before the half and half trip to Manchester but that did not prevent uproar when it turned out that MM did in fact make plenty of changes.

I wonder how Mick's senior/regular players felt about missing out on the chance to play at Old Trafford.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Weakened team on 14:31 - Aug 13 with 1733 viewsSpruceMoose

Weakened team on 14:30 - Aug 13 by Illinoisblue

I wonder how Mick's senior/regular players felt about missing out on the chance to play at Old Trafford.

Should have won those playoffs games then shouldn't they!?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Login to get fewer ads

Weakened team on 14:35 - Aug 13 with 1729 viewsFtnfwest

Weakened team on 14:05 - Aug 13 by PJH

The changes made then were to restrict the scoreline only. I think Lambert at least, while rotating out of necessity, is trying to pick a side that will have a chance of an upset...i mean win.
That's really not true, is it. (n/t) on 14:37 - Aug 13 with 1712 viewsBloots

Weakened team on 14:35 - Aug 13 by Ftnfwest

The changes made then were to restrict the scoreline only. I think Lambert at least, while rotating out of necessity, is trying to pick a side that will have a chance of an upset...i mean win.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Weakened team on 14:42 - Aug 13 with 1694 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Weakened team on 14:43 - Aug 13 with 1693 viewsBiGDonnie

Weakened team on 14:35 - Aug 13 by Ftnfwest

Chucking in the £45 Polish signing wasn't going to restrict any opposition

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Weakened team on 14:45 - Aug 13 with 1684 viewsBlueBlood90

I used to hate it when Mick McCarthy played an entirely weakened team when we were nailed on to be mid table finishers with no hope of going up and no fear of being relegated.

A cup run would've been a great distraction from the mid table obscurity.

However, we're in a much different position now. We need to rest our key players and keep them fit for a long, hard season if we're to challenge for promotion, as well as giving fringe and returning players some minutes to get match sharp.

I'd definitely rotate tonight.

Poll: How many points will we get from Coventry and Huddersfield?

That's really not true, is it. (n/t) on 14:53 - Aug 13 with 1661 viewsFtnfwest

That's really not true, is it. (n/t) on 14:37 - Aug 13 by Bloots

No, you're right Lambert doesn't really want to win
"Super Joshy Yorwerth" (n/t) on 14:53 - Aug 13 with 1656 viewsBloots

Weakened team on 14:43 - Aug 13 by BiGDonnie

Weakened team on 14:56 - Aug 13 with 1644 viewsFtnfwest

Weakened team on 14:43 - Aug 13 by BiGDonnie

Playing 6-4-0 did though. As with the Newcastle away game we conceded early which settled the home team who weren't in ay sort of race to score a shed load as they knew they had us after about 5 minutes. Strangely the same thing happened in a lot of games last season when teams went 2-0 up on us and eased off because they know we were no threat whatsoever.
That's really not true, is it. (n/t) on 14:57 - Aug 13 with 1638 viewsBlueBadger

That's really not true, is it. (n/t) on 14:53 - Aug 13 by Ftnfwest

No, you're right Lambert doesn't really want to win

We know that from last season.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Weakened team on 15:02 - Aug 13 with 1622 viewsIllinoisblue

Weakened team on 14:56 - Aug 13 by Ftnfwest

Playing 6-4-0 did though. As with the Newcastle away game we conceded early which settled the home team who weren't in ay sort of race to score a shed load as they knew they had us after about 5 minutes. Strangely the same thing happened in a lot of games last season when teams went 2-0 up on us and eased off because they know we were no threat whatsoever.

you look at the line-ups and wonder in disbelief how it was only 3-0. https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/34265442

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Where did..... on 15:05 - Aug 13 with 1604 viewsBloots

Weakened team on 14:56 - Aug 13 by Ftnfwest

.....Didz and Murph fit into that formation?

Weakened team on 15:10 - Aug 13 with 1589 viewsPilgrimblue

Not sure this is likely to be weakened with Huws Judge and Dozzy starting. Good chance for PL to see who's up for it!
Weakened team on 16:24 - Aug 13 with 1495 viewsThatMuhrenCross

I don't think it's so much about picking a weakened team. If you go into a game planning to field a weaker team than you could, you're setting up for failure.

However, it's also about priorities... the league is our biggest priority by far, so what can we use this game for?

I believe it will be about giving extra minutes to first teamers who are yet to find their best form - Chambers, Kenlock, Norwood, Jackson, etc...

It will also be about giving minutes to players that will seriously expect to be part of our first team plans this year but having quite had a chance from the start yet - Judge, Huws, Dozzell, Roberts, etc...

I don't want to see a team that is radically different from Saturday, but I do want to see some players given an opportunity to genuinely stake their claim.

I'd line up as follows:

Norris

Emmanuel / Chambers / Woolfenden / Kenlock

Roberts / Huws / Dozzell / Judge

Norwood / Jackson

That back four is almost exactly the same - they need more minutes to gel. The midfield is quite different, but they're all players who could genuinely be included in a League game. Up front, Jackson and Norwood are our best forwards currently, but still need to open their accounts for the season, so will benefit from the minutes.

Poll: Ipswich offer you 10k a week, Norwich offer you 20k. Who do you join?
Blog: The Cashless Debate

Weakened team on 16:31 - Aug 13 with 1473 viewsFtnfwest

Weakened team on 15:02 - Aug 13 by Illinoisblue

you look at the line-ups and wonder in disbelief how it was only 3-0. https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/34265442

Have to admit, you look at the bench we had that night and it looks better than what was on the pitch
Weakened team on 18:25 - Aug 13 with 1379 viewspointofblue

Weakened team on 16:24 - Aug 13 by ThatMuhrenCross

I don't think it's so much about picking a weakened team. If you go into a game planning to field a weaker team than you could, you're setting up for failure.

However, it's also about priorities... the league is our biggest priority by far, so what can we use this game for?

I believe it will be about giving extra minutes to first teamers who are yet to find their best form - Chambers, Kenlock, Norwood, Jackson, etc...

It will also be about giving minutes to players that will seriously expect to be part of our first team plans this year but having quite had a chance from the start yet - Judge, Huws, Dozzell, Roberts, etc...

I don't want to see a team that is radically different from Saturday, but I do want to see some players given an opportunity to genuinely stake their claim.

I'd line up as follows:

Norris

Emmanuel / Chambers / Woolfenden / Kenlock

Roberts / Huws / Dozzell / Judge

Norwood / Jackson

That back four is almost exactly the same - they need more minutes to gel. The midfield is quite different, but they're all players who could genuinely be included in a League game. Up front, Jackson and Norwood are our best forwards currently, but still need to open their accounts for the season, so will benefit from the minutes.

I don’t think Woolfenden will play: Lambert indicated he didn’t want to burn the young players out. Kenlock might be rested with Clements coming in, otherwise I wouldn’t be surprised if that is the line up.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Weakened team on 18:28 - Aug 13 with 1372 viewstextbackup

drinking alone, with wifi in a hotel room..... whatever happens tonight I reckon you'll be a pain in the arse on here.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Weakened team on 19:12 - Aug 13 with 1316 viewsBluefish

Weakened team on 18:28 - Aug 13 by textbackup

drinking alone, with wifi in a hotel room..... whatever happens tonight I reckon you'll be a pain in the arse on here.

I never drink alone love people want to be part of the action they come to me xx

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024