Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Derby showing their class tonight then! (n/t) 19:36 - Oct 2 with 2953 viewstonybied

Derby showing their class tonight then! (n/t) on 19:40 - Oct 2 with 2925 viewsbahri

Beat me to it !!!

redandella

Derby showing their class tonight then! (n/t) on 19:42 - Oct 2 with 2898 viewsallezlesbleus

What have they done?
Derby showing their class tonight then! (n/t) on 19:43 - Oct 2 with 2888 viewsSpruceMoose

Derby showing their class tonight then! (n/t) on 19:42 - Oct 2 by allezlesbleus

What have they done?

Lawrence is starting. That'll learn him.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Derby showing their class tonight then! (n/t) on 19:43 - Oct 2 with 2890 viewsSwansea_Blue

Derby showing their class tonight then! (n/t) on 19:42 - Oct 2 by allezlesbleus

What have they done?

Lawrence starts, Bennett on the bench

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Derby showing their class tonight then! (n/t) on 19:51 - Oct 2 with 2855 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Derby showing their class tonight then! (n/t) on 19:43 - Oct 2 by Swansea_Blue

Thought exactly the same.

Their statement was just full of empty sentiment.

The club clearly doesn't take drink driving seriously at all.

...on top of trying to get around;

- FFP rules
- Rules relating to advertising betting companies on childrens shirts

[Post edited 2 Oct 2019 19:52]

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Derby showing their class tonight then! (n/t) on 19:55 - Oct 2 with 2809 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Derby showing their class tonight then! (n/t) on 19:51 - Oct 2 by Marshalls_Mullet

Thought exactly the same.

Their statement was just full of empty sentiment.

The club clearly doesn't take drink driving seriously at all.

...on top of trying to get around;

- FFP rules
- Rules relating to advertising betting companies on childrens shirts

[Post edited 2 Oct 2019 19:52]

To be fair, they could be taking other serious action rather than suspending them.

They might also be waiting until the outcome of their court case (assuming charges go that far as they should do). There is an innocent until proven guilty aspect to the law in this country.

Will be interesting to see whether his mind is on the game.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Derby showing their class tonight then! (n/t) on 19:57 - Oct 2 with 2797 viewsSpruceMoose

Derby showing their class tonight then! (n/t) on 19:55 - Oct 2 by Nthsuffolkblue

To be fair, they could be taking other serious action rather than suspending them.

They might also be waiting until the outcome of their court case (assuming charges go that far as they should do). There is an innocent until proven guilty aspect to the law in this country.

Fully expect him to score and him and along with a few team mates do a 'hilarious' driving themed celebration that has been cooked up on the training ground.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Derby showing their class tonight then! (n/t) on 20:00 - Oct 2 with 2764 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Derby showing their class tonight then! (n/t) on 19:57 - Oct 2 by SpruceMoose

Fully expect him to score and him and along with a few team mates do a 'hilarious' driving themed celebration that has been cooked up on the training ground.

I would love to say he wouldn't be that daft.

I would love to say that if he was the EFL/FA would take extreme action.

Login to get fewer ads

Derby showing their class tonight then! (n/t) on 20:00 - Oct 2 with 2773 viewsfooters

Derby showing their class tonight then! (n/t) on 19:57 - Oct 2 by SpruceMoose

Three of them crash into the goalposts, potentially ending one of their careers?

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Derby showing their class tonight then! (n/t) on 20:01 - Oct 2 with 2774 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Derby showing their class tonight then! (n/t) on 19:55 - Oct 2 by Nthsuffolkblue

The club has already stated that the players have done wrong.

Players should have been suspended by the club. End of.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Derby showing their class tonight then! (n/t) on 20:05 - Oct 2 with 2727 viewsbritbiker

1 - 0 come on Barnsley. Have liked the club since our play off win. Decent bunch of fans.
[Post edited 2 Oct 2019 20:11]
Derby showing their class tonight then! (n/t) on 20:06 - Oct 2 with 2718 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Derby showing their class tonight then! (n/t) on 20:01 - Oct 2 by Marshalls_Mullet

The club has already stated that the players have done wrong.

Players should have been suspended by the club. End of.

They have but unless they are pleading guilty to charges brought, I think the usual course is to wait until legal action is complete before deciding appropriate club discipline.

I understand the desire (as I am sure there will be from among Derby fans too) for him not to wear the shirt currently. I am not sure many clubs would suspend them pending court action, though.

Derby showing their class tonight then! (n/t) on 20:08 - Oct 2 with 2715 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Derby showing their class tonight then! (n/t) on 20:06 - Oct 2 by Nthsuffolkblue

They have but unless they are pleading guilty to charges brought, I think the usual course is to wait until legal action is complete before deciding appropriate club discipline.

I understand the desire (as I am sure there will be from among Derby fans too) for him not to wear the shirt currently. I am not sure many clubs would suspend them pending court action, though.

We all know that its too early for him to be back in the first team.

No class or morals.

Derby showing their class tonight then! (n/t) on 20:14 - Oct 2 with 2673 viewsSpruceMoose

Derby showing their class tonight then! (n/t) on 20:06 - Oct 2 by Nthsuffolkblue

You're talking about criminal charges. The club doesn't need to wait for legal action to be complete to act. By then it'll be too late to suspend them anyway because hopefully they'll be doing time.

This is an employment issue. The club is perfectly capable of judging their behaviour given what we know about the events of that night. Clearly they've judged it as being more acceptable than the risk of dropping three points.

Sh!tehawk club full of sh!tehawk personnel.

Derby showing their class tonight then! (n/t) on 20:21 - Oct 2 with 2631 viewsfactual_blue

The usual course of action is to suspend ahead of legal action, and then carry out disciplinary processes after the judgement. If the charges remain as DUI, then I don't think most employers would suspend (unless of course your job is as a driver).

If the charges are more serious (there seems to be an implication the two cars were racing - presumably CCTV analysis will clarify), then a suspension by their employer is more likely.

I doubt either will get sacked over this.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Derby showing their class tonight then! (n/t) on 21:17 - Oct 2 with 2423 viewsm14_blue

Derby showing their class tonight then! (n/t) on 20:21 - Oct 2 by factual_blue

The usual course of action is to suspend ahead of legal action, and then carry out disciplinary processes after the judgement. If the charges remain as DUI, then I don't think most employers would suspend (unless of course your job is as a driver).

If the charges are more serious (there seems to be an implication the two cars were racing - presumably CCTV analysis will clarify), then a suspension by their employer is more likely.

I doubt either will get sacked over this.

They’re not in a ‘normal’ job though.

Surely, given their exceptionally high profile, they’re bringing the club into disrepute?
Derby showing their class tonight then! (n/t) on 21:35 - Oct 2 with 2361 viewsfactual_blue

Derby showing their class tonight then! (n/t) on 21:17 - Oct 2 by m14_blue

They’re not in a ‘normal’ job though.

Surely, given their exceptionally high profile, they’re bringing the club into disrepute?

I'm not sure employment law makes such distinctions.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Derby showing their class tonight then! (n/t) on 00:20 - Oct 3 with 2027 viewsBrixtonBlue

Absolute disgrace.

We're going back to the dark ages with some of the goings-on in this country.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Derby showing their class tonight then! (n/t) on 04:02 - Oct 3 with 1923 viewsm14_blue

Derby showing their class tonight then! (n/t) on 21:35 - Oct 2 by factual_blue

I'm not sure employment law makes such distinctions.

Of course it can, assuming it’s written in their contract, and I’d be amazed if it isn’t.
Derby showing their class tonight then! (n/t) on 08:50 - Oct 3 with 1585 viewsChurchman

Derby showing their class tonight then! (n/t) on 19:43 - Oct 2 by Swansea_Blue

That is awful and I was surprised to read it. But then it is sadly not surprising, given how football is with the money and stupidity of the people involved.

I know it is a different sport, but I was struck as much by the sheer professionalism of Dina Asher-Smith as her talent this week. Compare that to professional, well paid footballers Lawrence and co who feel it perfectly ok to pile into cars after getting wrecked between matches and a club that then feels 3 points is more important than anything else.

I’ve never liked Derby with their misplaced sense of entitlement. I hope they are relegated.
[Post edited 3 Oct 2019 8:51]
Derby showing their class tonight then! (n/t) on 08:58 - Oct 3 with 1551 viewsChurchman

Derby showing their class tonight then! (n/t) on 08:50 - Oct 3 by Churchman

That is awful and I was surprised to read it. But then it is sadly not surprising, given how football is with the money and stupidity of the people involved.

I know it is a different sport, but I was struck as much by the sheer professionalism of Dina Asher-Smith as her talent this week. Compare that to professional, well paid footballers Lawrence and co who feel it perfectly ok to pile into cars after getting wrecked between matches and a club that then feels 3 points is more important than anything else.

I’ve never liked Derby with their misplaced sense of entitlement. I hope they are relegated.
[Post edited 3 Oct 2019 8:51]

According to the DCFC forum, some of the Derby fans were singing ‘Mason Bennett, he’s one of our own’. Words fail me.
Derby showing their class tonight then! (n/t) on 09:10 - Oct 3 with 1514 viewsSwansea_Blue

Derby showing their class tonight then! (n/t) on 08:58 - Oct 3 by Churchman

According to the DCFC forum, some of the Derby fans were singing ‘Mason Bennett, he’s one of our own’. Words fail me.

They must have quite a low opinion of themselves then

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Derby showing their class tonight then! (n/t) on 11:21 - Oct 3 with 1348 viewsHorseboy

In the wales squad, announced today.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024