Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
"Decent" Tories 09:37 - Dec 2 with 4123 viewsDubtractor

I'm clinging to the hope that there must be enough of these to stop Johnson getting a majority.

I'm talking about the type of person who is so disgusted in the way he is running the party that they simply can't vote for him. We know there are several in this category on this site.

Will there be enough of those voting liberal Democrats to leave us with another hung parliament?

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

"Decent" Tories on 09:40 - Dec 2 with 2019 viewschicoazul

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-49798197

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

"Decent" Tories on 09:42 - Dec 2 with 2008 viewsfooters

"Decent Tories"? Have the pubs opened early today, Dubbers?

Dear old footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Liberator of Vichy TWTD
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

"Decent" Tories on 09:44 - Dec 2 with 2004 viewshampstead_blue

Interesting idea to solve the BJ problem.

I'd offer a counter.
Those who, like myself, are unhappy with BJ vote Tory. Canvas from within for change.

Another hung parliament would have the potential of ramping-up tension and it's bad enough as it is.
Voter apathy could go off the scale.

I'll vote for change, a change at the top of the Tory party. If it takes a couple of years then fine. I don't think BJ has the interest to hang around for too long.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

"Decent" Tories on 09:45 - Dec 2 with 1990 viewsZedRodgers

"Decent" Tories on 09:44 - Dec 2 by hampstead_blue

I'd offer a counter.
Those who, like myself, are unhappy with BJ vote Tory. Canvas from within for change.

Another hung parliament would have the potential of ramping-up tension and it's bad enough as it is.

I'll vote for change, a change at the top of the Tory party. If it takes a couple of years then fine. I don't think BJ has the interest to hang around for too long.

What could possibly go wrong?

No, not at the moment

"Decent" Tories on 09:46 - Dec 2 with 1987 viewschicoazul

"Decent" Tories on 09:45 - Dec 2 by ZedRodgers

What could possibly go wrong?

Zed, if Labour lose the way it looks like they will, and the Maximum Leader retires to his dacha, who will you want in charge?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

"Decent" Tories on 09:46 - Dec 2 with 1981 viewsHerbivore

I'd offer a counter.

If you vote Tory you don't care about poor people or the NHS, or public services generally. You can keep lying to yourself to help you sleep at night but that's the stark reality of it.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

"Decent" Tories on 09:46 - Dec 2 with 1980 viewsfooters

I'd offer a counter.

"Canvas from within for change."

Bit like the EU.

"Decent" Tories on 09:48 - Dec 2 with 1975 viewsZedRodgers

"Decent" Tories on 09:46 - Dec 2 by chicoazul

Zed, if Labour lose the way it looks like they will, and the Maximum Leader retires to his dacha, who will you want in charge?

Me

No, not at the moment

Login to get fewer ads

(No subject) on 09:54 - Dec 2 with 1961 viewsfactual_blue

©BlueBadger

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

"Decent" Tories on 09:56 - Dec 2 with 1950 viewsBluefish

Thanks mate, I've never been called decent before

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

"Decent" Tories on 10:08 - Dec 2 with 1932 viewsJ2BLUE

"Decent" Tories on 09:46 - Dec 2 by Herbivore

If you vote Tory you don't care about poor people or the NHS, or public services generally. You can keep lying to yourself to help you sleep at night but that's the stark reality of it.

He only considers things from the military perspective. We could draw all sorts of conclusions from what he has posted and what Corbyn has said but I don't have all day to deny that i'm insulting an injured veteran.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

"Decent" Tories on 10:12 - Dec 2 with 1921 viewsDubtractor

"Decent" Tories on 09:56 - Dec 2 by Bluefish

Thanks mate, I've never been called decent before

I thought I'd try and play nice today. Plus, it's a relative term....

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

"Decent" Tories on 10:13 - Dec 2 with 1909 viewshampstead_blue

"Decent" Tories on 09:46 - Dec 2 by footers

"Canvas from within for change."

Bit like the EU.

If that were possible.
Is there were any realistic opportunity for scaling back the tentacles of their reach then maybe.....

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

"Decent" Tories on 10:14 - Dec 2 with 1903 viewslowhouseblue

i am sure that if there were a credible opposition lots of moderate tories would be defecting now. but ….

if there was a credible opposition boris would stand no chance.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

"Decent" Tories on 10:15 - Dec 2 with 1899 viewswkj

"Decent" Tories on 10:14 - Dec 2 by lowhouseblue

i am sure that if there were a credible opposition lots of moderate tories would be defecting now. but ….

Which is exactly why Zed needs to run.

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

"Decent" Tories on 10:17 - Dec 2 with 1885 viewsGuthrum

I'd offer a counter.

Unfortunately for that approach, Johnson won the leadership election convincingly, without even personally trying. Winning a General Election will only bolster his standing among the membership. With the number of grandees and moderates defecting, effectively expelled or standing down, the parliamentary party is being considerably remodelled by his backers.

That's one heck of a tide to turn back if you want the Conservatives to follow another path.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

"Decent" Tories on 10:20 - Dec 2 with 1877 viewsGuthrum

I think "disenchanted" is a better way to put it. I know several like that, either considering the LibDems or not voting at all.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

"Decent" Tories on 10:23 - Dec 2 with 1856 viewschicoazul

This is nonsense. The only time Labour have crushed the Tories in modern history was when the Tories had the single most boring man ever in charge followed by William Hague and Michael Howard. You still dont think most people vote tribally, which they do.

"Decent" Tories on 10:29 - Dec 2 with 1828 viewsHerbivore

You've still not explained how this "not credible" version. Of the Labour Party got 3.5m more votes in 2017 than the much more centrist Labour Party of 2015.

"Decent" Tories on 10:29 - Dec 2 with 1830 viewslowhouseblue

"Decent" Tories on 10:23 - Dec 2 by chicoazul

This is nonsense. The only time Labour have crushed the Tories in modern history was when the Tories had the single most boring man ever in charge followed by William Hague and Michael Howard. You still dont think most people vote tribally, which they do.

there are lots of moderate tories who will be voting for boris with gritted teeth. even voting libdem isn't an option for them given the fear of letting corbyn in. the nutters at either end of the spectrum are getting to vote for something they want, everyone else has a choice between sh*t and a different sort of sh*t.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

"Decent" Tories on 10:30 - Dec 2 with 1823 viewsitfcjoe

The 'decent' tories have been purged, in the same way Momentum has taken over the Labour party, Banks and his cronies have taken over the Tories - from the inside.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

"Decent" Tories on 10:30 - Dec 2 with 1817 viewslowhouseblue

"Decent" Tories on 10:29 - Dec 2 by Herbivore

You've still not explained how this "not credible" version. Of the Labour Party got 3.5m more votes in 2017 than the much more centrist Labour Party of 2015.

i have but you weren't listening.

we can all agree that any credible opposition would win an election against this awful tory government with a landslide, so let's see.

"Decent" Tories on 10:32 - Dec 2 with 1802 viewsHerbivore

"Decent" Tories on 10:20 - Dec 2 by Guthrum

I think "disenchanted" is a better way to put it. I know several like that, either considering the LibDems or not voting at all.

I think turnout will be interesting. The Tories are usually good at getting their vote out but I do wonder if we may see more Tories staying at home this time around. Theyay not be able to bring themselves to vote for another party but there must be some that are so disenchanted with Johnson that they won't vote for him either.

"Decent" Tories on 10:34 - Dec 2 with 1791 viewsfooters

"Decent" Tories on 10:30 - Dec 2 by lowhouseblue

we can all agree that any credible opposition would win an election against this awful tory government with a landslide, so let's see.

There's no chance of a landslide thanks to the SNP. The results you would expect of Labour now haven't been realistic for almost 10 years, so you're holding them to an unreachable standard as far as that is concerned.

"Decent" Tories on 10:34 - Dec 2 with 1790 viewsHerbivore

"Decent" Tories on 10:30 - Dec 2 by lowhouseblue

You haven't accounted for it at all. And you've now doubled down by calling all Labour voters nutters. Just under 13m nutters is quite a lot, no? Or maybe you're just being silly as usual.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024