Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Norwood - Half season thoughts? 10:41 - Dec 27 with 3123 viewsSmith45

I amongst many others was extremely excited at the thought of signing Norwood and genuinely thought he could be the answer to our striking problems. However as of late i seem to find myself becoming more and more frustrated each game i see him play and wonder if he can truly cut it at this level.
Norwood - Half season thoughts? on 10:44 - Dec 27 with 3102 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

We miss him when he doesn't play. The service to him his terrible more often than not.

But he has to start taking the chances that he gets. He could have had 20 goals this season the amount of sitters that he has had.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Norwood - Half season thoughts? on 10:46 - Dec 27 with 3085 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Norwood is one of those players capable of getting 10 chances a game and scoring a couple.

The problem is he is only being allowed one or two half chances per game in this side and he's one of those players that then overthinks those situations and ends up not getting a shot off.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Norwood - Half season thoughts? on 10:46 - Dec 27 with 3083 viewsWD19

He is and all action pest in the box with lower league finishing skills who maintains fitness through playing every week and used to being the main man.

We don’t ever get the ball in the box, he has stepped up a level and he is recovering from minor surgery, being rotated often, so it’s no surprise his confidence is low and he hasn’t scored a bag load.
Norwood - Half season thoughts? on 10:57 - Dec 27 with 2993 viewsBLUEBEAT

I like him but this is as good as he’ll get.

Last season was his peak playing season, this season was the biggest move of his career and when we go up, and we will, he will not feature as much.

When you see numerous comments referring to the frontlines lack of goals, it’s easy to forget that both Norwood and Jackson are League Two strikers playing a level above.

If they stay fit, I see a Sears/Keane partnership blossoming with added speedy assistance from Jackson.

Poll: W or W

Norwood - Half season thoughts? on 11:01 - Dec 27 with 2983 viewsArnieM

My thoughts are this .....

He’s a proven goal scorer.....
He’s adapting to the highest level he has ever played at.....
His season has been hampered by injury ...

He needs time to adjust . He is not firing on all cylinders and injury apart, is exactly we get Jsckdins first season with us was like .

Give Norwood a chance !!

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Norwood - Half season thoughts? on 11:03 - Dec 27 with 2965 viewsLetchworth_Blue

Norwood - Half season thoughts? on 10:46 - Dec 27 by WarkTheWarkITFC

Norwood is one of those players capable of getting 10 chances a game and scoring a couple.

The problem is he is only being allowed one or two half chances per game in this side and he's one of those players that then overthinks those situations and ends up not getting a shot off.

Exactly this.

We are not creating many chances for our strikers to convert. We have relied on pumping balls over the top too often of late and a half decent defense will deal with that all day long. Judge, Nolan and Edwards have not been good enough this season, therefore our strikers feed off scraps. Take yesterday for example Judge was cack, Nolan was only marginally better and it wasn't until Donacien and Garbutt pushed forward more in the second half that Jackson and Norwood got a couple of half chances.

Having said all of that Norwood still has to prove himself at this level for me...
Norwood - Half season thoughts? on 13:43 - Dec 27 with 2798 viewssouthnorfolkblue

He’s been a good signing in my eyes. Complete no brainer as a free transfer. This is his ceiling though - he simply sent ruthless enough to play any higher.

I put his current poor return down to the so called midfield behind him

Poll: Our final position

Norwood - Half season thoughts? on 13:57 - Dec 27 with 2753 viewsCornishMariner

His goal to shots ratio compares well to other strikers. Simply not getting the chances.
His movement could be cleverer but the real issue is the lack of service from midfield.

Poll: Between now and the new season will you mostly be ....

Login to get fewer ads

Norwood - Half season thoughts? on 13:59 - Dec 27 with 2743 viewsWestcountryblue

He has 8 goals to his name. Same again over the second half and he will finish with 16.

The guy has been completely starved of service or the ball into his feet in recent weeks. His frustration is valid.

He is the very least of our problems.
Norwood - Half season thoughts? on 13:59 - Dec 27 with 2741 viewsMrTown

He is nasty, horrible ba5tard, and I love him. Look a worse side without him, getting horrendous service at the moment.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Norwood - Half season thoughts? on 14:00 - Dec 27 with 2727 viewsHerbivore

Not convinced by him. Too often he's pretty anonymous and he lacks quality, his finishing is really poor. Even his nuisance value seems to be fading.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Norwood - Half season thoughts? on 14:01 - Dec 27 with 2731 viewschicoazul

Perfectly decent 12 goal a season man. A poor man's Joe Garner.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Norwood - Half season thoughts? on 14:01 - Dec 27 with 2730 viewsmuhrensleftfoot

He's OK for this level. Remember he's been injured for a while too, and has had very little good service from our malfunctioning midfield. In terms of quality, I agree with one of the other posters in that Keane and Sears, when fully fit, are our best 2 up front. They are championship quality.
Norwood - Half season thoughts? on 15:26 - Dec 27 with 2622 viewsDinnernotTea

We could have Kane up top and he would look bang average. The supply to Jackson & Norwood is a disgrace. They're both a lot better than we're playing them.

Beware of The Ipswich Cabbages

Norwood - Half season thoughts? on 15:34 - Dec 27 with 2601 viewsjas0999

Above average / good. Certainly not our worse player. Service to him and the other strikers has been very poor in past 15 or so games.

Norwood can hustle and bustle and can score from close range. His one on one finishing needs a lot of work though.

We’ve had worse strikers throughout the years!
[Post edited 27 Dec 2019 15:36]
Norwood - Half season thoughts? on 15:45 - Dec 27 with 2557 viewscooperd5

He's an asset that we aren't using to his best ability. He needs through ball to run on to and our midfield are not supplying it. Change that (ie Dozzell on yesterday 2nd half) and he will score more often, its useless lobbing it up from our own half
Norwood - Half season thoughts? on 16:43 - Dec 27 with 2445 viewsTractorWood

Norwood - Half season thoughts? on 15:45 - Dec 27 by cooperd5

He's an asset that we aren't using to his best ability. He needs through ball to run on to and our midfield are not supplying it. Change that (ie Dozzell on yesterday 2nd half) and he will score more often, its useless lobbing it up from our own half

Agree. Him and Jackson are perfectly capable of getting us up but both aren't used particularly well. As a result both seem to be endlessly chasing scraps and inevitably getting frustrated.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Norwood - Half season thoughts? on 21:30 - Dec 27 with 2176 viewsStokieBlue

Norwood - Half season thoughts? on 10:57 - Dec 27 by BLUEBEAT

I like him but this is as good as he’ll get.

Last season was his peak playing season, this season was the biggest move of his career and when we go up, and we will, he will not feature as much.

When you see numerous comments referring to the frontlines lack of goals, it’s easy to forget that both Norwood and Jackson are League Two strikers playing a level above.

If they stay fit, I see a Sears/Keane partnership blossoming with added speedy assistance from Jackson.

Why Keane ahead of Jackson?

He's not shown anything really thus far whilst Jackson has one goal less than Norwood and is 5th in the division for assists.

Somehow he's still seen as the assistance though. It's weird. He was by far our best attacking outlet yesterday.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Norwood - Half season thoughts? on 21:48 - Dec 27 with 2137 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Norwood - Half season thoughts? on 13:59 - Dec 27 by Westcountryblue

He has 8 goals to his name. Same again over the second half and he will finish with 16.

The guy has been completely starved of service or the ball into his feet in recent weeks. His frustration is valid.

He is the very least of our problems.

If he keeps fit, plays with Sears and we improve our service from midfield I think he could be our first striker to break 20 goals in a season since Daryl Murphy.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024