Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lambert out 20:17 - Feb 7 with 13159 viewspatrickswell

This whole line about “The pressure will be off because we’re away from home.” Just --- --- you fraud. You can’t deliver anything for us because you’re ---- and have been for 9 years.

No ambition or courage among anyone representing the club. They might as well hand back the club’s Golden Share and become an amateur side because it seems they can’t handle any expectation whatsoever.

Remember - He’ll always be Scum.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Lambert out on 20:23 - Feb 7 with 7301 viewsSwansea_Blue

Given we’re supposed to be one of the bigger teams with the biggest budget, loads of championship experience, additions of quality in KVY and Garbett, and a ‘character’ in Norwood, I’m surprised at how fragile our confidence is. Flying whenever we’re flying, and then crumbling to nothing at the first test.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Lambert out on 20:26 - Feb 7 with 7295 viewspatrickswell

Lambert out on 20:23 - Feb 7 by Swansea_Blue

Given we’re supposed to be one of the bigger teams with the biggest budget, loads of championship experience, additions of quality in KVY and Garbett, and a ‘character’ in Norwood, I’m surprised at how fragile our confidence is. Flying whenever we’re flying, and then crumbling to nothing at the first test.

White wine has been taken and I genuinely apologise to anyone who violently opposes what I’ve written, but you’re right. The whole vibe that’s come out of the club in terms of performance and words since the Rotherham game is, “Please don’t expect anything of us. Seriously, please don’t expect anything of us. We can’t cope.”
Lambert out on 20:28 - Feb 7 with 7263 viewsBrixtonBlue

You seem to have overreacted somewhat.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Lambert out on 20:34 - Feb 7 with 7249 viewsBrixtonBlue

Lambert out on 20:26 - Feb 7 by patrickswell

White wine has been taken and I genuinely apologise to anyone who violently opposes what I’ve written, but you’re right. The whole vibe that’s come out of the club in terms of performance and words since the Rotherham game is, “Please don’t expect anything of us. Seriously, please don’t expect anything of us. We can’t cope.”

If any other manager had said “The pressure will be off because we’re away from home” you wouldn't have batted an eyelid. Nobody would. It's a standard manager cliche. To call Lambert scum for that is pathetic. He sued Norwich remember.

When you sober up I hope you're ashamed of this post.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Lambert out on 20:43 - Feb 7 with 7229 viewspatrickswell

Lambert out on 20:34 - Feb 7 by BrixtonBlue

If any other manager had said “The pressure will be off because we’re away from home” you wouldn't have batted an eyelid. Nobody would. It's a standard manager cliche. To call Lambert scum for that is pathetic. He sued Norwich remember.

When you sober up I hope you're ashamed of this post.

No, I stand by it. I’m not that drunk.

Still hoping for three points tomorrow.
Lambert out on 20:57 - Feb 7 with 7179 viewsFixed_It

Oh dear.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Lambert out on 07:07 - Feb 8 with 6940 viewspeterleeblue

A Bit harsh but I did call this out last season when he took us down without a whimper.
I am juts not sure he is that good a football manager. In fairness some of his signing are decent. He cant seem to get a team out of them.

Hopefully we get spawny in the play offs if we make them but then what?
Lambert out on 07:53 - Feb 8 with 6875 viewsartsbossbeard

*uncurls toes*

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Login to get fewer ads

Lambert out on 08:00 - Feb 8 with 6840 viewsartsbossbeard

Lambert out on 07:07 - Feb 8 by peterleeblue

A Bit harsh but I did call this out last season when he took us down without a whimper.
I am juts not sure he is that good a football manager. In fairness some of his signing are decent. He cant seem to get a team out of them.

Hopefully we get spawny in the play offs if we make them but then what?

Think that's a bit unfair on PL (and I'm not a PL fan boy). We did actually put in some decent performances under him but were ultimately let down by what had gone on before and struggling to find a decent loan striker who'd want to come to nailed on relegation bound Ipswich in Jan.

We were effectively taking a knife to a gun fight. Week in, week out.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.

Lambert out on 08:09 - Feb 8 with 6796 viewsChrisd

Lambert out on 08:00 - Feb 8 by artsbossbeard

Think that's a bit unfair on PL (and I'm not a PL fan boy). We did actually put in some decent performances under him but were ultimately let down by what had gone on before and struggling to find a decent loan striker who'd want to come to nailed on relegation bound Ipswich in Jan.

We were effectively taking a knife to a gun fight. Week in, week out.

Last season is now gone, but I was expecting more during this campaign. We just haven’t progressed or developed as a side under PL. We still look like a bunch of strangers thrown together on match days and we’re certainly doing our best to throw away any chance we have of a promotion challenge with incompetent and lacklustre performances.
[Post edited 8 Feb 2020 8:12]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Lambert out on 08:19 - Feb 8 with 6762 viewsartsbossbeard

Lambert out on 08:09 - Feb 8 by Chrisd

Last season is now gone, but I was expecting more during this campaign. We just haven’t progressed or developed as a side under PL. We still look like a bunch of strangers thrown together on match days and we’re certainly doing our best to throw away any chance we have of a promotion challenge with incompetent and lacklustre performances.
[Post edited 8 Feb 2020 8:12]

I was answering a point about last season though?

It's 2 really, really poor performances and blip at Christmas. I'd settle for a play off spot now (as long as we don't get Rotherham).

Lambert out on 08:23 - Feb 8 with 6746 viewsDubtractor

Lambert out on 08:19 - Feb 8 by artsbossbeard

It's 2 really, really poor performances and blip at Christmas. I'd settle for a play off spot now (as long as we don't get Rotherham).

I think Rotherham are pretty much nailed on for top two. Just steamrolling the division at the moment. Which is prob a good thing for us with playoffs in mind.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Lambert out on 08:26 - Feb 8 with 6734 viewsArnieM

OP: Lambert is spot on mate, and your dip s h I t post proves that Town will be better off playing their next game away today.

It’s been clear ALL season that teams PR to shut up shop, and hit us on the break. There have been several games at PR which Town should have won had we had the rub o the green. Refs decisions alone, have robbed us of several points. But it’s true to say Town always fail to “ turn up” at the big carotid, big games at PR. It’s is a mentality thing... an inability to deal with the pressure. And this Club has ALWAYS had this problem throughout the many years I’ve watched them.

So Lambert is correct , when he says playing away for the next game will ease the pressure.

Not sure what part of that you don’t understand tbh!

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Lambert out on 08:33 - Feb 8 with 6690 viewsChrisd

Lambert out on 08:19 - Feb 8 by artsbossbeard

Rotherham will finish first or second, no need to worry about them. My concern is that I’m not convinced we’ll finish in a play off position either. If that occurs, then that’s a failing on our owner, manager and the squad of players.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Lambert out on 09:46 - Feb 8 with 6547 viewsim_marcacus

I don’t understand this chat, yeah the OP is a little over the top but PL has had over a year in charge and we still have no discernible idea of how he wants the team playing football, let alone actually enacting it. And in terms of his “the pressures off away from home” nonsense, we’ve been utter sh*te away from home:

Oxford / draw
Wycombe / draw
Coventry / draw
Peterborough / unbelievably salvaged a draw
Rotherham / lost
Portsmouth / lost
Lincoln / slammed

That’s the others in the top 8.

So what exactly are we discussing here? We play headless undirected football, which comes from the top down, we are playing at a lower level than the sum of our parts, again a coaching and management issue, and we are unsupported financially by a clueless owner. Both of these two can talk the good talk as much as they like but nothing is stopping our slide downwards, and it’s depressing due to us lowly supporters all seeing the failings clear as day, even if some choose to paste a positive spin onto their low expectations. Until we have an owner who knows football and has a desire to make the club great again, a scouting network with joined up thinking, and a forward thinking manager who is passionate about good football and instilling it in his team rather than this nonchalant moaning from a manager who glibly implies he could ‘walk away when he wants’ once he’s posed an uncomfortable question about his failings on the pitch. And I’m not taking anything away the good stuff PL has done away from the football side of things, some of which has been excellent and long overdue and papered over cracks that the upper echelons have blindly left to rot for ten years..

But one thing we do have is some decent individual footballers, and they should be supported despite the mess they are wading through on and off the pitch. Know your enemies.
Lambert out on 10:02 - Feb 8 with 6528 viewspatrickswell

Morning everyone, the head is fine and no hangover. Thanks for the comments on the thread. I’m not going to say anyone is right or wrong in what they’ve said, but “Abuse reported” on the original post? Blimey....

Fingers crossed for 3 points today, on Tuesday and AT HOME next Saturday too.
Lambert out on 10:13 - Feb 8 with 6498 viewsPhilTWTD

Lambert out on 10:02 - Feb 8 by patrickswell

Morning everyone, the head is fine and no hangover. Thanks for the comments on the thread. I’m not going to say anyone is right or wrong in what they’ve said, but “Abuse reported” on the original post? Blimey....

Fingers crossed for 3 points today, on Tuesday and AT HOME next Saturday too.

No problem with posting the opinion but perhaps slightly less sweary in future.
Lambert out on 10:33 - Feb 8 with 6449 viewsBluefish

Lambert out on 10:13 - Feb 8 by PhilTWTD

No problem with posting the opinion but perhaps slightly less sweary in future.

No comments on the reply that calls him a fcking disgrace?

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Lambert out on 10:40 - Feb 8 with 6426 viewsPhilTWTD

Lambert out on 10:33 - Feb 8 by Bluefish

Hadn't seen it as no one reported that. Have amended that as well.
Lambert out on 10:44 - Feb 8 with 6391 viewsBluefish

Lambert out on 10:40 - Feb 8 by PhilTWTD

Hadn't seen it as no one reported that. Have amended that as well.

Thanks Phil x

Lambert out on 10:49 - Feb 8 with 6373 viewsBluefish

Lambert out on 10:44 - Feb 8 by Bluefish

Thanks Phil x

Scenes from TWTDHQ right now

Lambert out on 10:52 - Feb 8 with 6363 viewsBrixtonBlue

Lambert out on 10:33 - Feb 8 by Bluefish

You're truly pathetic Blubbers. To think that you've accused me of running to Phil in the past.

The fact that you have me in your silly signature suggests you're MY fanboy, not the other way round. Moron.

Lambert out on 10:56 - Feb 8 with 6356 viewsBluefish

Lambert out on 10:52 - Feb 8 by BrixtonBlue

You're truly pathetic Blubbers. To think that you've accused me of running to Phil in the past.

The fact that you have me in your silly signature suggests you're MY fanboy, not the other way round. Moron.

Others might be able to take your abusive bullying ways but I get upset by it. Please don't be mean and sweary to me again

Lambert out on 11:01 - Feb 8 with 6339 viewsBrixtonBlue

Lambert out on 10:56 - Feb 8 by Bluefish

Others might be able to take your abusive bullying ways but I get upset by it. Please don't be mean and sweary to me again

Kindly remove me from your pathetic signature. And if you've got a problem with me, come and say it to my face. You've seen me at games but never said a word, then get all mouthy behind the safety of your keyboard.

Phil said recently that it's about time you had another of your breaks from here, so I'm surprised to see you still here frankly.

Lambert out on 11:06 - Feb 8 with 6322 viewsBluefish

Lambert out on 11:01 - Feb 8 by BrixtonBlue

Kindly remove me from your pathetic signature. And if you've got a problem with me, come and say it to my face. You've seen me at games but never said a word, then get all mouthy behind the safety of your keyboard.

Phil said recently that it's about time you had another of your breaks from here, so I'm surprised to see you still here frankly.

It is that kind of big aggression that makes me so scared of you obviously. Please don't beat me up

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024