Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Serious question for the Evans outers 14:29 - Feb 10 with 13122 viewsBlueNomad

For those of you who shout about Evans getting "out of OUR club" I have a question.

He is an immensely wealthy man. Imagine for a moment that he decided to take your advice, write off the £100m+ debt and just went. After all, some of you claim he doesn't care. His life wouldn't really change much. What would be left of OUR club?
Serious question for the Evans outers on 14:31 - Feb 10 with 5396 viewsSteve_M

What do you think is going to be left of ITFC after another five years of Evans' ownership?

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Serious question for the Evans outers on 14:33 - Feb 10 with 5385 viewsskyblue23

If Evans wrote all of the debt off and just walked away I have no doubt somebody would jump at the chance to take us over. Nobody will buy us with 100 million debt. Getting the club for free with debts written off is another matter.

Poll: Paul Lambert moves on, would you be happy if Jim Magilton was given another go?

Serious question for the Evans outers on 14:35 - Feb 10 with 5355 viewsMetal_Hacker

Not sure you thought this one through

Poll: If it were one or the other

Serious question for the Evans outers on 14:36 - Feb 10 with 5348 viewsBluefish

Asking an Evans outer a serious question? What are you expecting to get back? Take back control? Get Evans out? Something about sovereignty?

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Serious question for the Evans outers on 14:37 - Feb 10 with 5328 viewsBluefish

Serious question for the Evans outers on 14:31 - Feb 10 by Steve_M

What do you think is going to be left of ITFC after another five years of Evans' ownership?

Still in business operating so highly likely to be better than the alternative.

Serious question for the Evans outers on 14:37 - Feb 10 with 5328 viewsartsbossbeard

Serious question for the Evans outers on 14:33 - Feb 10 by skyblue23

If Evans wrote all of the debt off and just walked away I have no doubt somebody would jump at the chance to take us over. Nobody will buy us with 100 million debt. Getting the club for free with debts written off is another matter.

Why would business man, Marcus Evans, simply write off £100m?

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Serious question for the Evans outers on 14:38 - Feb 10 with 5322 viewsgeg1992

Still losing millions and millions each season which can't be very attractive. Although a lot of clubs are these days I guess...

Poll: Who would you play in place of Burns on Sunday?

Serious question for the Evans outers on 14:38 - Feb 10 with 5319 viewsskyblue23

Serious question for the Evans outers on 14:37 - Feb 10 by artsbossbeard

I don't know, thats what the OP has said is the stipulation so I've answered the question. I didn't suggest he would do that.

Poll: Paul Lambert moves on, would you be happy if Jim Magilton was given another go?

Login to get fewer ads

Serious question for the Evans outers on 14:39 - Feb 10 with 5299 viewsartsbossbeard

Serious question for the Evans outers on 14:38 - Feb 10 by skyblue23

I don't know, thats what the OP has said is the stipulation so I've answered the question. I didn't suggest he would do that.

Gotcha.

No offence meant.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Serious question for the Evans outers on 14:40 - Feb 10 with 5293 viewsskyblue23

Serious question for the Evans outers on 14:38 - Feb 10 by geg1992

Still losing millions and millions each season which can't be very attractive. Although a lot of clubs are these days I guess...

Exactly, you'll find it hard to find many clubs that are flying high in league 1 or the Championship who are making money.

Serious question for the Evans outers on 14:44 - Feb 10 with 5259 viewsSwansea_Blue

Serious question for the Evans outers on 14:37 - Feb 10 by artsbossbeard

This was always my concern, but whenever I've suggested that the debt would affect a future sale I've been told that ME has no intention/expectation of recouping it. I don't know whether that's true.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Serious question for the Evans outers on 14:49 - Feb 10 with 5207 viewsBlueNomad

Serious question for the Evans outers on 14:35 - Feb 10 by Metal_Hacker

Not sure you thought this one through

It was a question for those who just rant that he should "get out". I don't imagine Evans would do it but it seems to be the answer for some people. It was them to whom the question was addressed.
Serious question for the Evans outers on 14:50 - Feb 10 with 5197 viewsbrazil1982

Let's say he wrote off the debt and gifted it to a supporters' trust. How would ITFC operate? What would be the income streams? We would still have to sell. I would like to think a Trust would be more sensible with wages, which are crippling clubs.
Serious question for the Evans outers on 14:53 - Feb 10 with 5166 viewsgordon

The debt is basically irrelevant. The reason it will never be formally written off is because in the (wildly unlikely) situation that we one day became massively profitable (I know, I know) ME, could take that 100m back out of the club without paying tax on it. From an accounting perspective, it's also not that simple to just 'write-off' debt.
Serious question for the Evans outers on 14:54 - Feb 10 with 5161 viewsStokieBlue

Nobody outside the super-rich is going to write off 100m.

The only way we would ever get a buyer would be some form of repayment on promotions (a smaller tranche for League One promotion and probably most of it if we ever got into the Prem).

I suspect ME might take that. He gets to limit his downside along with a potential upside sometime in the future.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Serious question for the Evans outers on 14:54 - Feb 10 with 5159 viewsBluefish

Serious question for the Evans outers on 14:50 - Feb 10 by brazil1982

Let's say he wrote off the debt and gifted it to a supporters' trust. How would ITFC operate? What would be the income streams? We would still have to sell. I would like to think a Trust would be more sensible with wages, which are crippling clubs.

We would sell everyone that we could asap to try and balance the books and then operate under ridiculously tight restraints. If people are unhappy at losing 6 million per year, imagine what they would think when trying to at least breakeven

Serious question for the Evans outers on 14:56 - Feb 10 with 5137 viewsgordon

Serious question for the Evans outers on 14:50 - Feb 10 by brazil1982

Look, as said above, it isn't the debt that matters - it's the fact that we can't cover our running costs and be competitive at a level that supporters expect.

I'd actually be happy with a community owned, community focused club competing at whatever level was feasible, rather than what we have now.
Serious question for the Evans outers on 14:58 - Feb 10 with 5119 viewsMrTown

Nothing, which would be less miserable than it is now

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Serious question for the Evans outers on 14:59 - Feb 10 with 5113 viewsEvansOut

We would have gone from an owner who spends no money, to an attractive club to purchase. The foundations of a Sheffield Utd/Wolves type club...

Poll: Evans in or out?

Serious question for the Evans outers on 15:01 - Feb 10 with 5097 viewsgordon

Serious question for the Evans outers on 14:54 - Feb 10 by Bluefish

We would sell everyone that we could asap to try and balance the books and then operate under ridiculously tight restraints. If people are unhappy at losing 6 million per year, imagine what they would think when trying to at least breakeven

We'd have to clear out the high earners, rely on our excellent academy, put a proper scouting system in place, ensure we treated the fans well, get a manager willing to work to a long-term plan rather than endless short-term targets, ensure we got good prices for our young players when we sold them on, and build a proper identity, be a proper football club again.

But no, we wouldn't be able to sign Colin Quaners on loan for half a season at £20,000 per week or whatever.
Serious question for the Evans outers on 15:03 - Feb 10 with 5082 viewsBluefish

Serious question for the Evans outers on 15:01 - Feb 10 by gordon

We'd have to clear out the high earners, rely on our excellent academy, put a proper scouting system in place, ensure we treated the fans well, get a manager willing to work to a long-term plan rather than endless short-term targets, ensure we got good prices for our young players when we sold them on, and build a proper identity, be a proper football club again.

But no, we wouldn't be able to sign Colin Quaners on loan for half a season at £20,000 per week or whatever.

And we'd give all of the supporters free broadband?

Serious question for the Evans outers on 15:06 - Feb 10 with 5069 viewsgordon

Serious question for the Evans outers on 14:54 - Feb 10 by StokieBlue

Nobody outside the super-rich is going to write off 100m.

The only way we would ever get a buyer would be some form of repayment on promotions (a smaller tranche for League One promotion and probably most of it if we ever got into the Prem).

I suspect ME might take that. He gets to limit his downside along with a potential upside sometime in the future.

SB

Basically, when Evans leaves, the debt owed to him will be converted to a class of debt/equity which is repaid only if very, very stringent conditions are met - e.g. the club is making a profit in a higher league. That's how non-profitable clubs are sold in a way which could (potentially) benefit both the seller and the purchaser. Happened when Evans bought the club, too.
Serious question for the Evans outers on 15:08 - Feb 10 with 5054 viewsgordon

Serious question for the Evans outers on 15:03 - Feb 10 by Bluefish

And we'd give all of the supporters free broadband?

Cynics would be welcome to sit at home and watch the EPL on Amazon Prime...
Serious question for the Evans outers on 15:08 - Feb 10 with 5056 viewsthatdamgood89

As I said on this weeks podcast (Talk of the town) sadly the days of everyone moving one place around the table (kerr to sheepshanks) have gone. 'Forcing' him out isn't really something we should or could do. Instead we should aim for enough pressure that brings the right type of change.

Actually putting football brains(not a sports science guy or a mindless drone) in charge of footballing decisions. I don't want an event planner / corporate events guy handling;
Contracts
Fees
Loans

Set an annual budget and then leave it to the 'experts'

I'd say give it listen but I'm biase 😂😂

Hey :) Please check out my Ipswich Town F.C podcast 'Talk Of The Town' https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPhPy_79sSvPSugh32vN8qg?view_as=subscriber Available every Wednesday on; YouTube Spotify Buzzsrpout Google Podcasts Itune Podcasts

Serious question for the Evans outers on 15:08 - Feb 10 with 5048 viewsOxford_Blue

But it loses £6m a year and it’s virtually impossible to make any profit from it. So why would anyone other than a very rich fan want to do that?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024