Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Evans out protests? 09:13 - Feb 24 with 7073 viewsEvansOut

I don't know if anyone still has faith in Evans after Saturday. It's easy to turn on Lambert but the money hasn't been there for him which obviously makes him look bad. Since Evans took over, things have only gone backwards, we went from talking about the Premier League, to now talking about playing League One football for a second season and things look like they could get worse. Personally, the most frustrating thing is that he gave Hurst a license to sell all of our best players and then spend money on absolute twod, whereas McCarthy didn't have a penny to spend and still managed to keep us competitive in the Championship, where would we be if McCarthy had cash? His signings weren't brilliant, but he had an eye for a bargain (Waghorn, Webster, McGoldrick). Apart from Wolf and Flynn, cannot think of one positive for this season, and it looks likely that we will lose them in the summer... Time to start serious protests for Evans to go. Will turn sour, but the only way the fans can have a say in the outcome of our once great football club.

Poll: Evans in or out?

Evans out protests? on 09:16 - Feb 24 with 2934 viewsMalcolmBlue

Evans out / Sheeran in

We should hold a petition forcing Sheeran to buy the club from our evil overlord

Poll: Is Theresa May the "Paul Hurst" of politics?

Evans out protests? on 09:17 - Feb 24 with 2928 viewsfooters

Let's hope some of you actually turn up this time. And take pictures for us x

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Evans out protests? on 09:35 - Feb 24 with 2880 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

What a load of rubbish.

I'm not Evans fan, but not sure how you deliver this exit strategy!!

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Evans out protests? on 09:40 - Feb 24 with 2862 viewsLord_Lucan

"His signings were brilliant"

He made 81 signings!!

Which ones do you consider not so brilliant?

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Evans out protests? on 09:59 - Feb 24 with 2819 viewsmonytowbray

Evans out protests? on 09:35 - Feb 24 by Marshalls_Mullet

What a load of rubbish.

I'm not Evans fan, but not sure how you deliver this exit strategy!!

They are a frustrated fan. Not a buyer. This smart-ass type of response is starting to get on my t1ts no end. Not isolated just to you, but a number of people on the board.

At what point will you sit there and say "Perhaps the fans and myself should have said or done more to stop this"?

League One stagnation? League Two relegation? League Two stagnation? The threat of falling out of the top 92? I would have said no way would that happen 3 years ago but we've edged closer the last year and ME seems to shrug his shoulders and pay lip service. But hey, at least we're all getting to vote to paint some players on some pillars and after 3 years of moaning they've hired a single bloke in a crane to clean the SBR roof. Yay. Perhaps they should have just went further and hired someone with a ladder and a toothbrush on a zero hour contract to avoid spending anything.

Norwich fans protested their set up over the Summer they went down to League 1 and look where they are now. Portsmouth managed to win back their club and are on the upwards curve (they'll have done all four tiers down and back up before we get anywhere near the PL). Blackpool are finally in a better position.

I don't think it's the failure of the ownership that bothers people as much as it is the fact there's no visible future for us. Nothing is going to magically change and the longer we wait about saying "YEAH BUT HE BANKROLLS THE CLUB AND TEN YEARS AGO WE COULD HAVE BEEN WORSE OFF NOW WITHOUT HIM" mean nothing. We're worse off with him.

We're no longer in "LOL WE LOST A GAME LOOK AT THE MELTDOWN NUMBSKULLS HAHAHA BEDSHEETS" territory. Well beyond it. I have more time for those at least trying to do something (even if a bit tinpot) than those who think they're some kind of intellect by looking down on the people.
[Post edited 24 Feb 2020 10:03]

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Evans out protests? on 10:03 - Feb 24 with 2804 viewspatrickswell

Now come on, you know the rules. Before even saying the words, “Evans Out” at a game, you must present a fully costed business plan for how you would run the club or at the very least present the accounts for the past decade of a potential buyer that you know personally.
Evans out protests? on 10:04 - Feb 24 with 2791 viewsfooters

Evans out protests? on 09:59 - Feb 24 by monytowbray

They are a frustrated fan. Not a buyer. This smart-ass type of response is starting to get on my t1ts no end. Not isolated just to you, but a number of people on the board.

At what point will you sit there and say "Perhaps the fans and myself should have said or done more to stop this"?

League One stagnation? League Two relegation? League Two stagnation? The threat of falling out of the top 92? I would have said no way would that happen 3 years ago but we've edged closer the last year and ME seems to shrug his shoulders and pay lip service. But hey, at least we're all getting to vote to paint some players on some pillars and after 3 years of moaning they've hired a single bloke in a crane to clean the SBR roof. Yay. Perhaps they should have just went further and hired someone with a ladder and a toothbrush on a zero hour contract to avoid spending anything.

Norwich fans protested their set up over the Summer they went down to League 1 and look where they are now. Portsmouth managed to win back their club and are on the upwards curve (they'll have done all four tiers down and back up before we get anywhere near the PL). Blackpool are finally in a better position.

I don't think it's the failure of the ownership that bothers people as much as it is the fact there's no visible future for us. Nothing is going to magically change and the longer we wait about saying "YEAH BUT HE BANKROLLS THE CLUB AND TEN YEARS AGO WE COULD HAVE BEEN WORSE OFF NOW WITHOUT HIM" mean nothing. We're worse off with him.

We're no longer in "LOL WE LOST A GAME LOOK AT THE MELTDOWN NUMBSKULLS HAHAHA BEDSHEETS" territory. Well beyond it. I have more time for those at least trying to do something (even if a bit tinpot) than those who think they're some kind of intellect by looking down on the people.
[Post edited 24 Feb 2020 10:03]

Not sure what telling Evans what he already knows is going to achieve. And if people really felt that strongly then they would have attended the last meltfest. But they didn't.

Go. Protest. No one is stopping you.

Evans out protests? on 10:06 - Feb 24 with 2785 viewsartsbossbeard

Evans out protests? on 10:03 - Feb 24 by patrickswell

Now come on, you know the rules. Before even saying the words, “Evans Out” at a game, you must present a fully costed business plan for how you would run the club or at the very least present the accounts for the past decade of a potential buyer that you know personally.

Exactly. Without this, you're simply barking at the moon.

Excel spreadsheets with pivot tables would be ideal.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Login to get fewer ads

Evans out protests? on 10:06 - Feb 24 with 2783 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

The only exit strategy a fan can implement is don't put capital into the club, and right now I would probably be an advocate of this with ST renewals ahead.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Evans out protests? on 10:09 - Feb 24 with 2767 viewsgeg1992

This money isn't there thing is a load of tosh, as we have the biggest, or 2nd biggest budget in the league. We're already running at a massive loss so to expect more investment and to increase the debt further is silly. What we do need is a complete overhaul at the club, far too many average players on big wages for this level.

Of course, I'm not saying Evans is great, as everything else he does is woeful, but I don't think the budget is an area for complaint, as it's far bigger than pretty much every club in this league.

Poll: Who would you play in place of Burns on Sunday?

Evans out protests? on 10:11 - Feb 24 with 2753 viewsmonytowbray

Evans out protests? on 10:03 - Feb 24 by patrickswell

It's a bit like saying "If you aren't going to run for PM you have no right to have a say in politics" really. I don't get the logic behind it all.

What would these people who make such snide comments prefer? Everyone to just shut up whilst we sink into obscurity? I'd argue we already have. There's a 20 year gap of football fans now with no recent memory of us doing anything. We are the present equivalent of the likes of Port Vale, Grimsby, Stockport and Tranmere in the 90s when I started following Town. To think a neutral would see us at that level is depressing. Hull, Cardiff, Swansea, Bournemouth, Brighton, Huddersfield and Wigan have overtaken us in every regard since I started following football which I'd have p1ssed myself laughing at if you told 9 year old me that's where my beloved Town would be in 23 year's time.

TWTD never forgets…

Evans out protests? on 10:11 - Feb 24 with 2749 viewsEvansOut

Evans out protests? on 09:40 - Feb 24 by Lord_Lucan

"His signings were brilliant"

He made 81 signings!!

Which ones do you consider not so brilliant?

I suggest re-reading the post...

Poll: Evans in or out?

Evans out protests? on 10:11 - Feb 24 with 2746 viewsdirtyboy

Evans out protests? on 10:09 - Feb 24 by geg1992

This money isn't there thing is a load of tosh, as we have the biggest, or 2nd biggest budget in the league. We're already running at a massive loss so to expect more investment and to increase the debt further is silly. What we do need is a complete overhaul at the club, far too many average players on big wages for this level.

Of course, I'm not saying Evans is great, as everything else he does is woeful, but I don't think the budget is an area for complaint, as it's far bigger than pretty much every club in this league.

Evans doesn't pick the team and i've not seen anything this season to suggest that the players aren't good enough, it's just not working and there's only one person to blame for that.

The odd game here and there I can live with (players do have off days) but this is something else.
Evans out protests? on 10:13 - Feb 24 with 2737 viewsmonytowbray

Evans out protests? on 10:04 - Feb 24 by footers

Not sure what telling Evans what he already knows is going to achieve. And if people really felt that strongly then they would have attended the last meltfest. But they didn't.

Go. Protest. No one is stopping you.

There you go. "Meltfest". There's the problem, in a bubble. There are plenty of level headed and clued up fans fed up at this point. I'd certainly value the opinion of Joe and he's pretty fed up as an example.

TWTD never forgets…

Evans out protests? on 10:14 - Feb 24 with 2726 viewsartsbossbeard

Evans out protests? on 10:13 - Feb 24 by monytowbray

There you go. "Meltfest". There's the problem, in a bubble. There are plenty of level headed and clued up fans fed up at this point. I'd certainly value the opinion of Joe and he's pretty fed up as an example.

2 people turned up.

2 people.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Evans out protests? on 10:15 - Feb 24 with 2696 viewsfooters

Evans out protests? on 10:13 - Feb 24 by monytowbray

What are you going to do then?

Evans out protests? on 10:16 - Feb 24 with 2678 viewsmonytowbray

Evans out protests? on 10:14 - Feb 24 by artsbossbeard

2 people turned up.

2 people.

I said in the thread you highlighted I feel May is the time if we stay in this league, it's pre-mature ejactulation otherwise. This forum is sometimes another world vs what's said at games.

TWTD never forgets…

Evans out protests? on 10:21 - Feb 24 with 2637 viewsNo9

Evans out is an easy phrase -
How is that achieved?
Can't you organise a whip round to rustle up the near hundred million quid to ge the club then another hhundred milloin to fund a short future trying to go onward & upward?
Evans out protests? on 10:28 - Feb 24 with 2608 viewsmonytowbray

Evans out protests? on 10:15 - Feb 24 by footers

What are you going to do then?

I'm going to do a fully costed plan of the club takeover or sit back and do nothing. As those are the only options apparently

TWTD never forgets…

Evans out protests? on 10:30 - Feb 24 with 2598 viewsmonytowbray

Evans out protests? on 10:21 - Feb 24 by No9

Evans out is an easy phrase -
How is that achieved?
Can't you organise a whip round to rustle up the near hundred million quid to ge the club then another hhundred milloin to fund a short future trying to go onward & upward?

Plenty of clubs have put pressure to get rid of cr@p owners and succeeded. There are ways.

TWTD never forgets…

Evans out protests? on 10:38 - Feb 24 with 2557 viewsfooters

Evans out protests? on 10:28 - Feb 24 by monytowbray

I'm going to do a fully costed plan of the club takeover or sit back and do nothing. As those are the only options apparently

Sounds like you're planning on doing nothing.

Evans out protests? on 10:39 - Feb 24 with 2552 viewsmonytowbray

Evans out protests? on 10:38 - Feb 24 by footers

Sounds like you're planning on doing nothing.

If someone gets something together, someone more clued up with more time than me, I'm happy to attend whatever and support it come May.

Which feels more productive than, you know, just poking fun at people who'd rather not watch their football team fall into oblivion.
[Post edited 24 Feb 2020 10:40]

TWTD never forgets…

Evans out protests? on 10:40 - Feb 24 with 2543 viewsLord_Lucan

Evans out protests? on 10:11 - Feb 24 by EvansOut

I suggest re-reading the post...

Yes, I misread it. apologies.

I saw your username and just instantly dismissed it and misread the signings bit.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Evans out protests? on 10:41 - Feb 24 with 2538 viewsfooters

Evans out protests? on 10:39 - Feb 24 by monytowbray

If someone gets something together, someone more clued up with more time than me, I'm happy to attend whatever and support it come May.

Which feels more productive than, you know, just poking fun at people who'd rather not watch their football team fall into oblivion.
[Post edited 24 Feb 2020 10:40]

So nothing then.

The main problem with all this "Evans out!" talk is.... on 10:42 - Feb 24 with 2537 viewsBloots

....obviously that we are not an attractive proposition for a buyer in any way whatsoever.

Literally the only thing we have going for us is the relatively consistent attendances. However as we know this can change massively at the drop of a hat, then we will have even less going for us.

It's generally accepted that Evans will have to write off some, perhaps a huge proportion, of the debt to get a potential buyer to even look twice at us as a proposition worth considering.

Even then anyone that invested money in a club like ours would have to be considered an absolute tool of a businessman. We are simply a bad investment.

There are undoubtedly dozens of clubs that would make a better business case for anyone looking to get into football as an owner.

In short Evans, would have to make massive concessions to sell the club (which he won't) and even then any buyer would have to be two sandwiches short of a picnic to buy us, which would probably end up with the same outcome as we are facing now.

Balls to it all.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024