Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The most worrying thing of all 09:43 - Mar 4 with 5409 viewsmatt1502

For many years ITFC academy has "propped up the club", selling the youngsters has always been part of what we do, and we accept that as fans. However, what Marcus Evans has failed to make common knowledge in his "5 year plan" is that the academy coaches and staff have been told to prepare for a huge cut in the funding to the academy "if we do not go up this season" This is added to the fact that the "scouts" have been encouraged to "drop standards a bit" in order to attract "fee paying youngsters", meaning that parents who want to pay for their child to get coaching/training at ITFC are more likely to get places than parents who cannot afford it, regardless of ability. The coaches (trust me I know first hand) have already noticed a "huge drop in the standard" of the youngsters arriving at ITFC. They are ALREADY struggling to find youngsters fit for the academy proper BEFORE the budget cuts. The coaches are leaving in droves as they are being paid minimum wage, the administrator left as he was paid £18k a year for around 60 hours and the scouts are "paid" an ITFC tracksuit and 2 season tickets per year! Oh and we also "actively tout" our best academy players each year to our rivals to fund the academy! This has been supported by Lambert in full because he is another Evans puppet. Just one question, where is our future now, we don't buy players and we won't be producing nowhere near the quality that we have in the past. Just another nail in the coffin.
[Post edited 4 Mar 2020 9:47]
The most worrying thing of all on 12:15 - Mar 4 with 4827 viewsEireannach_gorm

If this is the case it will do more damage to the club than any poor performances by the team.
The most worrying thing of all on 12:18 - Mar 4 with 4823 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

We don't to produce Kieron Dyer though do we.

We don't need to sell a player for £6m and then buy three £2m players.

We will be producing a player to sell for £600,000k and should be reinvesting it by buying three £200,000 players.

That is where we are now. Same game. Different money.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

The most worrying thing of all on 12:42 - Mar 4 with 4742 viewsitfcjoe

My friend watched the U9s vs Chelsea on Sunday morning, the less said about it the better

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

The most worrying thing of all on 12:45 - Mar 4 with 4723 viewsRegencyBlue

Well that is the icing on the cake isn't it!

I had certainly heard that there are unfilled coaching vacancies even now because coaches are disillusioned and trying to get out so this fits.

Evans is killing us and the damage will soon be irreversible, if it isn't already!
The most worrying thing of all on 12:48 - Mar 4 with 4692 viewsRegencyBlue

The most worrying thing of all on 12:18 - Mar 4 by WarkTheWarkITFC

We don't to produce Kieron Dyer though do we.

We don't need to sell a player for £6m and then buy three £2m players.

We will be producing a player to sell for £600,000k and should be reinvesting it by buying three £200,000 players.

That is where we are now. Same game. Different money.

What we need is a capable Academy.

What the OP describes isn't going to produce that!
The most worrying thing of all on 12:54 - Mar 4 with 4649 viewsHARRY10

That is very disturbing.
The most worrying thing of all on 12:54 - Mar 4 with 4648 viewsSharkey

Slightly moving off topic, but asking as you seem to know a bit about the academy. Do you know exactly what Geraint Williams does there? (Surely he can't be on minimum wage, can he?) I'm asking because personally I'd love to see him return to Colchester, and I know the Colchester chairman thinks very very highly of him.
The most worrying thing of all on 12:56 - Mar 4 with 4635 viewsmonytowbray

Based on my knowledge of how the media team operates, none of this surprises me and I'd expect it to be true.

If Ipswich was any other private business I'd have boycotted them long ago for their exploitation of staff.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Login to get fewer ads

The most worrying thing of all on 12:57 - Mar 4 with 4632 viewsReuser_is_God

The most worrying thing of all on 12:42 - Mar 4 by itfcjoe

My friend watched the U9s vs Chelsea on Sunday morning, the less said about it the better

Jumpers for goalposts?

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

We are cursed, and doomed on 12:57 - Mar 4 with 4634 viewsDyland

We need to make it as toxic for Evans as possible. Within the law, of course.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

The most worrying thing of all on 12:58 - Mar 4 with 4620 viewsReuser_is_God

The most worrying thing of all on 12:56 - Mar 4 by monytowbray

Based on my knowledge of how the media team operates, none of this surprises me and I'd expect it to be true.

If Ipswich was any other private business I'd have boycotted them long ago for their exploitation of staff.

I remember when they posted a job advert for a strength & conditioning coach & they stated they must have completed a masters.

The salary on offer was 18k.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

The most worrying thing of all on 13:04 - Mar 4 with 4574 viewsChiefXL

Why would we "actively tout" our best academy players when we will receive little to no fee for them?
We are cursed, and doomed on 13:05 - Mar 4 with 4550 viewsFTP

We are cursed, and doomed on 12:57 - Mar 4 by Dyland

We need to make it as toxic for Evans as possible. Within the law, of course.

Agree the academy is the lifeblood of the future and big efforts and a decent budget should be spent here. If the above facts are true, not doubting btw then this is very sad and disturbing news. As for Evans out who in the world will want to take on the debt, and lack of assets. ME is the owner and funder like it or not.
We are cursed, and doomed on 13:13 - Mar 4 with 4498 viewsDyland

We are cursed, and doomed on 13:05 - Mar 4 by FTP

Agree the academy is the lifeblood of the future and big efforts and a decent budget should be spent here. If the above facts are true, not doubting btw then this is very sad and disturbing news. As for Evans out who in the world will want to take on the debt, and lack of assets. ME is the owner and funder like it or not.

Indeed. I have zero sympathy for him though and I don't see why he shouldn't be made to feel as uncomfortable as possible within the bounds of legal and legitimate fan action.

The most worrying thing of all on 13:16 - Mar 4 with 4472 viewsElephantintheRoom

But what players has the academy produced? Players like Wickham and Rhodes turned up by serendipity in the Evans era, which wont have escaped his notice. Assuming Evans is applying his usual business constraints to the sacred cow that is the academy it is not entirely surprising that is being asked to fund itself.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

The most worrying thing of all on 13:27 - Mar 4 with 4426 viewsmonytowbray

The most worrying thing of all on 12:58 - Mar 4 by Reuser_is_God

I remember when they posted a job advert for a strength & conditioning coach & they stated they must have completed a masters.

Once got a DM from Planet Blue on Twitter asking me if I’d do unpaid SEO for the site. LOL.

They are always advertising unpaid jobs to lure in students or “paid in exposure” people. Why not just offer 100-200 for a day’s work at least? Really isn’t that much for a football club!
[Post edited 4 Mar 2020 13:27]

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

The most worrying thing of all on 15:46 - Mar 4 with 4329 viewsmatt1502

The most worrying thing of all on 13:04 - Mar 4 by ChiefXL

Why would we "actively tout" our best academy players when we will receive little to no fee for them?

It is not the "youngest" of the youngsters, just the ones of "contract signing age"- we let one go to Chelsea the season before last (his name escapes me) for big money. I only know this because my boy has been at the club since he was 8 and I have gotten to know the academy coaches really well. They are so gutted about it all. We are losing players left right and centre, mainly to our rivals, not Norwich now, they were all going there, but now Jason Curtis has come over from there as we were losing so many players to them, but now we are losing lots of youngsters we used to be able to attract because the academy is in a mess. They are staying with their local clubs now, Colchester, Southend, Cambridge etc as there is no difference in the coaching anymore and it used to be far better here, and of course, if they stay local, they do not have to travel.
The most worrying thing of all on 15:53 - Mar 4 with 4307 viewsDyland

The most worrying thing of all on 15:46 - Mar 4 by matt1502

It is not the "youngest" of the youngsters, just the ones of "contract signing age"- we let one go to Chelsea the season before last (his name escapes me) for big money. I only know this because my boy has been at the club since he was 8 and I have gotten to know the academy coaches really well. They are so gutted about it all. We are losing players left right and centre, mainly to our rivals, not Norwich now, they were all going there, but now Jason Curtis has come over from there as we were losing so many players to them, but now we are losing lots of youngsters we used to be able to attract because the academy is in a mess. They are staying with their local clubs now, Colchester, Southend, Cambridge etc as there is no difference in the coaching anymore and it used to be far better here, and of course, if they stay local, they do not have to travel.

"They are staying with their local clubs now, Colchester, Southend, Cambridge etc as there is no difference in the coaching anymore and it used to be far better here..."

“paid in exposure” on 15:55 - Mar 4 with 4305 viewsDyland

The most worrying thing of all on 13:27 - Mar 4 by monytowbray

Once got a DM from Planet Blue on Twitter asking me if I’d do unpaid SEO for the site. LOL.

They are always advertising unpaid jobs to lure in students or “paid in exposure” people. Why not just offer 100-200 for a day’s work at least? Really isn’t that much for a football club!
[Post edited 4 Mar 2020 13:27]

LOL

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-48873551

The most worrying thing of all on 16:09 - Mar 4 with 4257 viewspablovian

How can a club that is sinking towards the bottom half of League One maintain an 'almost Category One' Academy? It makes no sense to me.
The most worrying thing of all (n/t) on 16:50 - Mar 4 with 4208 viewsRyorry

Absolutely ridiculous -a salary clearly designed to put off anyone actually capable of doing the job, thereby "saving" £30K p/a. Talk about a false economy.
[Post edited 4 Mar 2020 16:53]

Poll: Time of the annunciation

The most worrying thing of all on 16:57 - Mar 4 with 4180 viewsHarry_Palmer

If this is the case then it is very concerning. To be honest we might as well shut the academy down and follow the Brentford model if we are not going to fund it properly.
The most worrying thing of all on 17:13 - Mar 4 with 4142 viewsHARRY10

The most worrying thing of all on 16:09 - Mar 4 by pablovian

How can a club that is sinking towards the bottom half of League One maintain an 'almost Category One' Academy? It makes no sense to me.

Because 'almost' is whatever Evans wants us to think it is.

Somewhile back Milnes told us that the intention was to have 50% of the squad coming through the acadamy by 2017. And Evans even had us raising money to fund it.

The question has to be wht, if we are supposedly receiving large sums from selling players, are we still needing a '£6m' bail out ?

How much of Keane or Judges wages would have gone in regard to funding the acadamy ? Is it just going to become some sort of 'summer school' where kids buty a kit and go through a bit of 'coaching' so as to make a few bob ? Is this what it has come to.

And I will still hold to my thought that removing Lambert will not improve matters here. My biggest gripe is that we appear to be kept in the dark and only fed promises of some 'pie in the sky' at some point.
The most worrying thing of all on 17:20 - Mar 4 with 4120 viewsthebooks

The marketing manager job was advertised at £23k. It’s pathetic.

(Incidentally, the marketing team do a grand job considering!)
The most worrying thing of all on 19:15 - Mar 4 with 4002 viewsChurchman

The most worrying thing of all on 16:57 - Mar 4 by Harry_Palmer

If this is the case then it is very concerning. To be honest we might as well shut the academy down and follow the Brentford model if we are not going to fund it properly.

Well a five year plan to emulate the Brentford model would make sense. Look at where they are compared to us. It would also allow Playford Road to be sold off for building land to ‘offset costs’, save on academy staff and even the portacabin might make a few £.

All this rubbish Milne and co were coming out with regarding playing academy products was just to flog a few season tickets.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024