Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Matthew Hancock 23:46 - Mar 5 with 3626 viewsRocky

How the hell has he got where he is?
Matthew Hancock on 23:50 - Mar 5 with 3146 viewsJ2BLUE

Bus?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Matthew Hancock on 00:39 - Mar 6 with 3072 viewsmonytowbray

Because most Tories turn a blind eye to how awful the party is in favour of ME ME ME.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Matthew Hancock on 06:47 - Mar 6 with 2923 viewsBlueNomad

Because his loyalty to the Party outweighs everything else. Just like the other ministers.
Matthew Hancock on 06:55 - Mar 6 with 2907 viewsTractorWood

This is the man who celebrated the investment in Newmarket's A&E in a tweet.

Newmarket doesn't have an A&E and it's in his own constituency and he's the health minister.

It's also the man who said prorogation due to Brexit would be a grave miscarriage of democracy. Then Bojo did it and he said 'he didn't mean that type of prorogation'.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Matthew Hancock on 06:55 - Mar 6 with 2898 viewsHarry_Palmer

Probably because he is a very focused career politician and will say and do whatever he needs to in order to progress.

He also happens to be a nasty piece of work who cares only about himself.

In case people haven't noticed these are generally the type of people who climb to the top of our political system and in whom we are supposed to trust to work in our best interests.
Matthew Hancock on 07:07 - Mar 6 with 2855 viewsGlasgowBlue

He’s a bit of a wet blanket and he sold his soul backing Johnson in order to get a job in cabinet but I’ve been pleasantly surprised and impressed by the way he’s handled the Civid19 outbreak.

Seems to be listening to what the experts are telling him and communicating the message well. Even getting positive comments from the left leaning commentariat.
[Post edited 6 Mar 2020 8:49]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Matthew Hancock on 07:43 - Mar 6 with 2797 viewsSwailsey

Matthew Hancock on 00:39 - Mar 6 by monytowbray

Because most Tories turn a blind eye to how awful the party is in favour of ME ME ME.

You can’t pin this one on Evans unfortunately.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Matthew Hancock on 07:44 - Mar 6 with 2796 viewsWD19

Matthew Hancock on 07:07 - Mar 6 by GlasgowBlue

He’s a bit of a wet blanket and he sold his soul backing Johnson in order to get a job in cabinet but I’ve been pleasantly surprised and impressed by the way he’s handled the Civid19 outbreak.

Seems to be listening to what the experts are telling him and communicating the message well. Even getting positive comments from the left leaning commentariat.

I think there is something in this. He has (just about) enough self awareness to realise this is a big deal and he is completely out of his depth.......so is just doing what he is told.
Login to get fewer ads

Matthew Hancock on 07:55 - Mar 6 with 2760 viewsHerbivore

He'd sell his own grandmother to progress as a Tory politician and this seems to be what the Tories value in an MP. He's thick as pigsh!t and got a semi just from standing near a woman once and he's lacking in any kind of honesty and credibility, but it seems a lack of integrity is to be prized in today's government. We've had enough of integrity.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Matthew Hancock on 08:18 - Mar 6 with 2718 viewsChurchman

Matthew Hancock on 07:55 - Mar 6 by Herbivore

He'd sell his own grandmother to progress as a Tory politician and this seems to be what the Tories value in an MP. He's thick as pigsh!t and got a semi just from standing near a woman once and he's lacking in any kind of honesty and credibility, but it seems a lack of integrity is to be prized in today's government. We've had enough of integrity.

I don’t think he is thick academically. He studied philosophy and economics at Oxford and Economics at Cambridge (wiki). There are plenty more stupid in the HoC The rest of what you say may be true but unlike say Gove, Osborn, Truss or Grayling (aaaaargh!) I actually don’t know anything about him. He certainly comes across as wet.

The key for me is career politicians. I don’t think people should be allowed to be an MP unless they’ve held a real job in the real world for let’s say 15 years. And I don’t think toadying around as a special advisor is a real job. Awful people
Matthew Hancock on 08:20 - Mar 6 with 2700 viewsHerbivore

Matthew Hancock on 08:18 - Mar 6 by Churchman

I don’t think he is thick academically. He studied philosophy and economics at Oxford and Economics at Cambridge (wiki). There are plenty more stupid in the HoC The rest of what you say may be true but unlike say Gove, Osborn, Truss or Grayling (aaaaargh!) I actually don’t know anything about him. He certainly comes across as wet.

The key for me is career politicians. I don’t think people should be allowed to be an MP unless they’ve held a real job in the real world for let’s say 15 years. And I don’t think toadying around as a special advisor is a real job. Awful people

Standards are dropping at Oxbridge it seems.

Matthew Hancock on 08:21 - Mar 6 with 2701 viewstractordownsouth

It’s refreshing to hear them listening to experts for once

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Matthew Hancock on 08:27 - Mar 6 with 2675 viewsStokieBlue

Hunt sounded very un-Tory on TV last night. Literally said that perhaps people need to consider that not all policies should be focused on and for the sole purpose of improving the economy or economic gain.

Perhaps some political good may come of all this.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Matthew Hancock on 09:15 - Mar 6 with 2598 viewsvapour_trail

Matthew Hancock on 08:27 - Mar 6 by StokieBlue

Hunt sounded very un-Tory on TV last night. Literally said that perhaps people need to consider that not all policies should be focused on and for the sole purpose of improving the economy or economic gain.

SB

Of course it won’t.

This as with anything else will end up a political tool.

Speaking off tools, I have worked with Hancock. There isn’t a trace of integrity in the man.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Matthew Hancock on 09:24 - Mar 6 with 2572 viewsSwansea_Blue

Same. I was impressed his R4 Today interview and mentioned it on here. It shows that they don't have to behave like complete tools all of the time. Even this useless lot could be so much better if theri primary aim was to do what's best/right. Rather than what's best for them.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Matthew Hancock on 09:27 - Mar 6 with 2563 viewsHerbivore

Matthew Hancock on 08:27 - Mar 6 by StokieBlue

SB

I think that's optimistic sadly. I expect it's them laying the ground work for tough economic times ahead with coronavirus hitting in the same year we commit political and economic suicide.

Matthew Hancock on 09:36 - Mar 6 with 2536 viewsHARRY10

Matthew Hancock on 06:55 - Mar 6 by TractorWood

This is the man who celebrated the investment in Newmarket's A&E in a tweet.

Newmarket doesn't have an A&E and it's in his own constituency and he's the health minister.

It's also the man who said prorogation due to Brexit would be a grave miscarriage of democracy. Then Bojo did it and he said 'he didn't mean that type of prorogation'.

Here he is desperately trying to defend another of Johnson's lies

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/tory-matt-hancock-told-do-20978043
Matthew Hancock on 09:51 - Mar 6 with 2502 viewsTractorWood

Matthew Hancock on 09:36 - Mar 6 by HARRY10

Here he is desperately trying to defend another of Johnson's lies

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/tory-matt-hancock-told-do-20978043

I do think has come across well though in the Covid-19 outbreak. I do think the late and slightly sarcastic response of other countries has helped him by comparison though.

Matthew Hancock on 10:13 - Mar 6 with 2476 viewsSwansea_Blue

Matthew Hancock on 09:51 - Mar 6 by TractorWood

I do think has come across well though in the Covid-19 outbreak. I do think the late and slightly sarcastic response of other countries has helped him by comparison though.

I thought he came across well and it's been a vast improvement on normal. But although what he says sounds good, when you scratch the surface things may not be quite as he suggests....

e.g.

Matthew Hancock on 10:16 - Mar 6 with 2468 viewsArgyle_blue

He’s the perfect Tory candidate. Unswerving devotion to the party based on personal ambition - would never challenge the party line or rock the boat. Anyone who has a brain or an opinion has been ditched already. See Trump for the template.
Matthew Hancock on 10:24 - Mar 6 with 2448 viewsStokieBlue

Matthew Hancock on 09:27 - Mar 6 by Herbivore

I think that's optimistic sadly. I expect it's them laying the ground work for tough economic times ahead with coronavirus hitting in the same year we commit political and economic suicide.

You are probably right but maybe it will be a small turning point.

Although Hunt isn't really is charge of anything anymore.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Matthew Hancock on 10:36 - Mar 6 with 2416 viewsHARRY10

Matthew Hancock on 10:13 - Mar 6 by Swansea_Blue

I thought he came across well and it's been a vast improvement on normal. But although what he says sounds good, when you scratch the surface things may not be quite as he suggests....

e.g.

Unsurprisingly it is the Mail at the for front of causing so much of this panic.

Never mind it's usual old 'patriotic' bollox and the british facing down the hun with such slogan's as

Keep calm and carry on'

it is over exciting it's bigoted readers to pani buy, no doubt panicky others. Buying food that has a long shelf life that will no doubt be thrown out when this all settles down. Until no deal brexit looms.

As to many on low wage/benefits they don't have the surplus cash to buy over and above their immediate needs.

One man's selfish greed is another man's wise forward planning.
Matthew Hancock on 13:00 - Mar 6 with 2311 viewsflimflam

Whereas the Shadow Health Minister is using this whole episode to point score as much as he can against the Tories.

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

Matthew Hancock on 13:26 - Mar 6 with 2281 viewsSwansea_Blue

Matthew Hancock on 13:00 - Mar 6 by flimflam

Whereas the Shadow Health Minister is using this whole episode to point score as much as he can against the Tories.

That's all the opposition can do. I haven't seen what Labour have been saying but I wouldn't expect anyone in opposition to do anything other than point scoring, whoever was in power. Our system doesn't really allow anything else.

Matthew Hancock on 14:24 - Mar 6 with 2232 viewsTractorWood

Matthew Hancock on 10:13 - Mar 6 by Swansea_Blue

e.g.

He says what he thinks people want to hear then worries whether it's true or not later.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024