Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Legwinski. 14:29 - Apr 29 with 2472 viewsBluespeed225

He was quality, never gets a mention on here.
Legwinski. on 14:33 - Apr 29 with 2461 viewsLord_Lucan

Same with Peralta

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Legwinski. on 14:39 - Apr 29 with 2438 viewsGeoffSentence

Never forgiven him for trying to bring President Clinton down.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Legwinski. on 14:40 - Apr 29 with 2431 viewsLibero

I think it’s purely down to the fact he wasn’t here very long. Class act.
Legwinski. on 15:22 - Apr 29 with 2361 viewsPJH

Legwinski. on 14:39 - Apr 29 by GeoffSentence

Never forgiven him for trying to bring President Clinton down.

I thought it was bringing President Clinton up.
Legwinski. on 15:25 - Apr 29 with 2357 viewsSwansea_Blue

I put him in my best XI of the ME era, and then realised he was pre ME so took him out.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Legwinski. on 16:06 - Apr 29 with 2294 viewsRadlett_blue

Legwinski. on 15:25 - Apr 29 by Swansea_Blue

I put him in my best XI of the ME era, and then realised he was pre ME so took him out.

Let go by Fulham at age 33, getting him in on a free was a shrewd bit of business by Jim as he was still quality. I can't remember why he didn't play much in his second year - maybe the incoming Tommy Miller took his place?

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

I had a nice chat with him..... on 16:40 - Apr 29 with 2252 viewsBloots

….in a Starbucks on Miami South Beach.

Lovely chap.

True story.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Legwinski. on 16:54 - Apr 29 with 2223 viewsChurchman

Good player. I wish he’d played for us a year or two earlier. Another like that was Paul Goddard. A top player, but his best days were behind him.

Another player that never gets a mention is Glenn Pennyfather. Not because he was any good, because he wasn’t. He was hopeless. But he has to have been the only player ever to turn out for us with a built up boot, having one leg shorter than the other!
Login to get fewer ads

Legwinski. on 17:15 - Apr 29 with 2196 viewsRadlett_blue

Legwinski. on 16:54 - Apr 29 by Churchman

Good player. I wish he’d played for us a year or two earlier. Another like that was Paul Goddard. A top player, but his best days were behind him.

Another player that never gets a mention is Glenn Pennyfather. Not because he was any good, because he wasn’t. He was hopeless. But he has to have been the only player ever to turn out for us with a built up boot, having one leg shorter than the other!

Pennyfather was something of a teenage prodigy at Southend & was a regular there for 6 injury free seasons. Not sure if something went wrong with him when he moved to Palace, but he hardly played in his time at Town.

Lambert out. (n/t) on 17:29 - Apr 29 with 2176 viewsBlueBadger

I had a nice chat with him..... on 16:40 - Apr 29 by Bloots

….in a Starbucks on Miami South Beach.

Lovely chap.

True story.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Legwinski. on 18:33 - Apr 29 with 2106 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Legwinski. on 14:33 - Apr 29 by Lord_Lucan

Same with Peralta

Really like Peralta but was he that good? In my head he was great but not sure indon't just remember him with rose tinted specs

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

Legwinski. on 18:33 - Apr 29 with 2105 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Legwinski. on 14:33 - Apr 29 by Lord_Lucan

Same with Peralta

While we're on it....who remembers Jimmy Juan?

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

Legwinski. on 18:45 - Apr 29 with 2076 viewsSwansea_Blue

Legwinski. on 18:33 - Apr 29 by Terry_Nutkins

Who can forget him?

Quite possibly one of the best free kicks we've ever scored.

2:05 on

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Legwinski. on 19:41 - Apr 29 with 2018 viewsLord_Lucan

Legwinski. on 18:33 - Apr 29 by Terry_Nutkins

What about Sito?

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Legwinski. on 19:47 - Apr 29 with 2004 viewshoppy

What about Campo? Has he appeared in any of these XIs?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Legwinski. on 00:06 - Apr 30 with 1902 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Legwinski. on 16:06 - Apr 29 by Radlett_blue

Let go by Fulham at age 33, getting him in on a free was a shrewd bit of business by Jim as he was still quality. I can't remember why he didn't play much in his second year - maybe the incoming Tommy Miller took his place?

He was injured.

Only Town player to score against every East Anglian team in a season: Southend, Luton, Norwich and Colchester. He's very proud of this.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Legwinski. on 09:00 - Apr 30 with 1764 viewsGeoffSentence

Legwinski. on 00:06 - Apr 30 by The_Last_Baron

He was injured.

Only Town player to score against every East Anglian team in a season: Southend, Luton, Norwich and Colchester. He's very proud of this.

Since he is so proud of it, it would probably be churlish to point out that Luton isn't in East Anglia, but Peterborough is.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Legwinski. on 09:26 - Apr 30 with 1743 viewsKieran_Knows

Loved the bloke. Got his name and number on the back of my shirt and stayed behind once to get him to sign it ... TWTD. Need to see if that's still at my parents house or not, I'll be fuming if they chucked it when I moved out!

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Legwinski. on 11:42 - Apr 30 with 1692 viewsRadlett_blue

Legwinski. on 09:00 - Apr 30 by GeoffSentence

Since he is so proud of it, it would probably be churlish to point out that Luton isn't in East Anglia, but Peterborough is.

We could use the Anglia TV region, as covered by Match of the Week.
The Anglia region's league teams:
Ipswich Town*, Norwich City*, Peterborough United*, Colchester United*, Northampton Town and Cambridge United. Luton Town were shared with LWT, Southend United were shared with Southern/TVS. From 1965-1974 Anglia also covered Hull City, Grimsby Town, Scunthorpe United and Lincoln City**.
*Ipswich, Norwich, Peterborough and Colchester were the initial four clubs with whom Anglia had an arrangement to cover in the early days of the programme.
**The addition of two new transmitters (Sandy Heath and Belmont) in 1965 expanded Anglia's choice of league clubs to 11 and then Cambridge United were elected into the league in 1970, but the four Belmont teams (Hull, Grimsby, Scunthorpe and Lincoln) were lost to Yorkshire Television when Belmont was switched over to YTV on 30th July 1974. Luton Town were often covered by London Weekend Television cameras as many homes around the Luton area received their TV pictures from London as well as, or instead of, those from Anglia.

Legwinski. on 16:10 - Apr 30 with 1595 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Legwinski. on 11:42 - Apr 30 by Radlett_blue

We could use the Anglia TV region, as covered by Match of the Week.
The Anglia region's league teams:
Ipswich Town*, Norwich City*, Peterborough United*, Colchester United*, Northampton Town and Cambridge United. Luton Town were shared with LWT, Southend United were shared with Southern/TVS. From 1965-1974 Anglia also covered Hull City, Grimsby Town, Scunthorpe United and Lincoln City**.
*Ipswich, Norwich, Peterborough and Colchester were the initial four clubs with whom Anglia had an arrangement to cover in the early days of the programme.
**The addition of two new transmitters (Sandy Heath and Belmont) in 1965 expanded Anglia's choice of league clubs to 11 and then Cambridge United were elected into the league in 1970, but the four Belmont teams (Hull, Grimsby, Scunthorpe and Lincoln) were lost to Yorkshire Television when Belmont was switched over to YTV on 30th July 1974. Luton Town were often covered by London Weekend Television cameras as many homes around the Luton area received their TV pictures from London as well as, or instead of, those from Anglia.

What a foursome - Hull, Lincoln, Scunthorpe and Grimsby!

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024