Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BBC suggesting the season Premier League is decided at the halfway point 18:48 - Apr 30 with 2074 viewsGlasgowBlue

As every team had played each of their opponents once.

If they decided League One this way we would be promoted in 2nd place.

Who is up for this?

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

BBC suggesting the season Premier League is decided at the halfway point on 18:51 - Apr 30 with 2008 viewsEwan_Oozami

Need to know before 7th May as that could impact my ST decision :-)

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

BBC suggesting the season Premier League is decided at the halfway point on 18:51 - Apr 30 with 2004 viewsBLUEBEAT

Yeah go on then

But I can’t see how the surviving squad would survive back in the Championship

Poll: W or W

BBC suggesting the season Premier League is decided at the halfway point on 18:56 - Apr 30 with 1978 viewsBlueBadger

BBC suggesting the season Premier League is decided at the halfway point on 18:51 - Apr 30 by BLUEBEAT

Yeah go on then

Given that if anything, it's weaker now than when it was relegated, we'd be looking at a repeat of 18/19. Only even more depressing and with Lambert's excuses all being rebooted.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

BBC suggesting the season Premier League is decided at the halfway point on 19:24 - Apr 30 with 1903 viewsGuthrum

BBC suggesting the season Premier League is decided at the halfway point on 18:51 - Apr 30 by BLUEBEAT

Yeah go on then

Depends what Championship squads look like by the time we play football again. Plus we wouldn't have Hurst for the first third of the season.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

BBC suggesting the season Premier League is decided at the halfway point on 19:25 - Apr 30 with 1897 viewspointofblue

BBC suggesting the season Premier League is decided at the halfway point on 19:24 - Apr 30 by Guthrum

Depends what Championship squads look like by the time we play football again. Plus we wouldn't have Hurst for the first third of the season.

We’d still have Lambert though.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

BBC suggesting the season Premier League is decided at the halfway point on 19:29 - Apr 30 with 1875 viewsgainsboroughblue

The French have gone with the PPG game model, which I suspect is what everyone will do.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

BBC suggesting the season Premier League is decided at the halfway point on 19:32 - Apr 30 with 1859 viewsbluelagos

Would Naaridge be relegated?

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

BBC suggesting the season Premier League is decided at the halfway point on 19:34 - Apr 30 with 1849 viewsGuthrum

BBC suggesting the season Premier League is decided at the halfway point on 19:25 - Apr 30 by pointofblue

True.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Login to get fewer ads

BBC suggesting the season Premier League is decided at the halfway point on 19:40 - Apr 30 with 1825 viewshoppy

BBC suggesting the season Premier League is decided at the halfway point on 19:25 - Apr 30 by pointofblue

Every season we’ve started under Lambert, we’ve been one of the last 3 unbeaten teams in all 4 divisions...

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

BBC suggesting the season Premier League is decided at the halfway point on 19:42 - Apr 30 with 1821 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Sounds like France are about to..... by C_HealyIsAPleasure 28 Apr 2020 16:39
The true ITFC fan hopes that by some weird ruling, the season is declared complete as per the standings on 27th January

Close enough 🙂

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

BBC suggesting the season Premier League is decided at the halfway point on 19:44 - Apr 30 with 1801 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

BBC suggesting the season Premier League is decided at the halfway point on 19:29 - Apr 30 by gainsboroughblue

The French have gone with the PPG game model, which I suspect is what everyone will do.

They will if there is no relegation but the PL is f*cked on that front if not - Villa would get relegated with a game in hand which had they had the opportunity to play could see them safe. That’s awkward enough before you consider the only reason they have that game in hand is because they reached the cup final

But yes, I think they’ll declare it finished on PPG with no relegation and an expanded league next year - although that could also prove a challenge if the season can’t start for a while

BBC suggesting the season Premier League is decided at the halfway point on 19:48 - Apr 30 with 1788 viewsgainsboroughblue

BBC suggesting the season Premier League is decided at the halfway point on 19:44 - Apr 30 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

They will if there is no relegation but the PL is f*cked on that front if not - Villa would get relegated with a game in hand which had they had the opportunity to play could see them safe. That’s awkward enough before you consider the only reason they have that game in hand is because they reached the cup final

But yes, I think they’ll declare it finished on PPG with no relegation and an expanded league next year - although that could also prove a challenge if the season can’t start for a while

Yeah. That would have been my counter reply. No relegation. 22 team PL, then possibly four relegations a la 1994-95 to get it back to 20.
[Post edited 30 Apr 2020 19:48]

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

BBC suggesting the season Premier League is decided at the halfway point on 19:49 - Apr 30 with 1772 viewsGlasgowBlue

BBC suggesting the season Premier League is decided at the halfway point on 19:42 - Apr 30 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Sounds like France are about to..... by C_HealyIsAPleasure 28 Apr 2020 16:39
The true ITFC fan hopes that by some weird ruling, the season is declared complete as per the standings on 27th January

Close enough 🙂

Oops! Sorry mate. Didn't see that thread.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

BBC suggesting the season Premier League is decided at the halfway point on 19:56 - Apr 30 with 1740 viewsITFC_Forever

We would get the most undeserved promotion in the history of the game.

P 1124, W 500, D 288, L 336, F 1707, A 1359
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

BBC suggesting the season Premier League is decided at the halfway point on 20:12 - Apr 30 with 1692 viewsEwan_Oozami

BBC suggesting the season Premier League is decided at the halfway point on 19:56 - Apr 30 by ITFC_Forever

We would get the most undeserved promotion in the history of the game.

That would make up for winning the Fair Play award so that we had to play Uefa Cup games while in Div 1 which certainly affected our chances of getting straght back up in my opinion

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

BBC suggesting the season Premier League is decided at the halfway point on 20:26 - Apr 30 with 1648 viewsChrisd

Yeah go on then

The fact is they wouldn’t. Even when we were top after the first 11 games we looked lightyears away from being an average Championship side.The squad needs rebuilding, it’s not good enough currently.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

BBC suggesting the season Premier League is decided at the halfway point on 20:31 - Apr 30 with 1635 viewsvapour_trail

Complete nonsense. Anything other than abandoning the competition as unfinished seems bizarre to me.

I don’t understand the clamour for football to be resolved in amongst all of this, it’s completely irrelevant.

Just start again whenever situations permit.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

BBC suggesting the season Premier League is decided at the halfway point on 20:41 - Apr 30 with 1597 viewsFtnfwest

BBC suggesting the season Premier League is decided at the halfway point on 19:48 - Apr 30 by gainsboroughblue

Yeah. That would have been my counter reply. No relegation. 22 team PL, then possibly four relegations a la 1994-95 to get it back to 20.
[Post edited 30 Apr 2020 19:48]

5 relegated if you reintroduce playoffs next season
BBC suggesting the season Premier League is decided at the halfway point on 20:46 - Apr 30 with 1579 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

BBC suggesting the season Premier League is decided at the halfway point on 19:49 - Apr 30 by GlasgowBlue

Oops! Sorry mate. Didn't see that thread.

Haha I was joking

On a serious note the suggestion is completely ridiculous

BBC suggesting the season Premier League is decided at the halfway point on 21:00 - Apr 30 with 1540 viewsSwansea_Blue

Half a season by Swansea_Blue 29 Apr 2020 18:38
What a daft idea, however good that would be for us.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

BBC suggesting the season Premier League is decided at the halfway point on 21:46 - Apr 30 with 1408 viewsTheBoyBlue

I can't lie, that would be amazing for us, but totally unfair.

If the season can't be resumed (not impossible, but I'd say more than likely that it won't) then the fairest way at this point is to go with the points-per-game basis to decide it. We're so late in the season that some non-league teams had already secured promotion/been relegated. If we were only a few games in then scrap it and start again, but it would be unfair to so many more teams (Liverpool for example) than it would be fair to to null and a void a season that was practically finished.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

BBC suggesting the season Premier League is decided at the halfway point on 22:15 - Apr 30 with 1356 viewsArnieM

If they apply the half season logic to PL , it can’t not be applied to other divisions surely. Also, it bc would fit with the proposal of half a season for next season via Regionalised divisions .

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024