Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who else is going to cancel today.. 13:52 - Apr 30 with 3628 viewsTown_Boy

After reading the latest news about January. Would be silly to keep paying £30 a month till then

At the end of the day... It is night
Poll: What stand will you be renewing with the new prices

Who else is going to cancel today.. on 14:11 - Apr 30 with 2387 viewspointofblue

May not be a club to come back to after that.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Who else is going to cancel today.. on 14:16 - Apr 30 with 2373 viewsJDB23

Apparently you're not a real fan if you don't want to contribute to paying Lambert's £0.55m a year contract while not being able to watch any games.
Who else is going to cancel today.. on 14:16 - Apr 30 with 2371 viewsTractorWood

Who else is going to cancel today.. on 14:11 - Apr 30 by pointofblue

That would be the worst thing for the Town. Almost as bad as when they took out the football and basketball court from JJB. TWTD.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Who else is going to cancel today.. on 14:23 - Apr 30 with 2341 viewsitfcjoe

Realistically, like a lot of businesses at the moment it is going to be massively struggling.

They are just hoping that those who can afford to keep paying do so, almost as a gesture of goodwill to get them through the troubling times.

Everyone has their own issues though so I wouldn't criticise anyone for not paying, it's just a way to try and help them out if you can afford to and want to

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Who else is going to cancel today.. on 14:26 - Apr 30 with 2308 viewsDinnernotTea

If an owner can afford to give a really bad manager a 5 year deal, he can afford to run the club behind closed doors.

Beware of The Ipswich Cabbages

Who else is going to cancel today.. on 14:28 - Apr 30 with 2292 viewsFixed_It

Who else is going to cancel today.. on 14:16 - Apr 30 by JDB23

Apparently you're not a real fan if you don't want to contribute to paying Lambert's £0.55m a year contract while not being able to watch any games.

Why mention Lambert in this? Just makes you look pathetic. It is the future of the Club that we are talking about here. I will contribute, but won't aportion blame if others are unable to.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Who else is going to cancel today.. on 14:28 - Apr 30 with 2289 viewsBrixtonBlue

Again, I don't know why people feel the need to come on here and brag about cutting off their funding of the club. Just do it if that's what you want to do. You don't need to tell the world about it.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Who else is going to cancel today.. on 14:29 - Apr 30 with 2275 viewsBrixtonBlue

Who else is going to cancel today.. on 14:16 - Apr 30 by JDB23

It's not about paying Lambert's wages, it's about having a club to come back to after all this is over.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Login to get fewer ads

Who else is going to cancel today.. on 14:40 - Apr 30 with 2220 viewsITFC_Forever

Quite the opposite.

I renewed my ST a couple of days ago (I pay via lump sum), on the basis the club needs the money more than ever now.... any refunds etc can be sorted out over time once we know when we can start attending games again.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Who else is going to cancel today.. on 14:46 - Apr 30 with 2199 viewsBluebell

No I won’t cancel. Paying in full anyway.

All the more reason why we should continue supporting the club. It’s not their fault that the football is not being played. I want my club to continue and survive!
Who else is going to cancel today.. on 15:05 - Apr 30 with 2110 viewsDinnernotTea

Who else is going to cancel today.. on 14:28 - Apr 30 by BrixtonBlue

Again, I don't know why people feel the need to come on here and brag about cutting off their funding of the club. Just do it if that's what you want to do. You don't need to tell the world about it.

On the flipside, why the hell are so many people telling others they've renewed? It's very self indulgent thinking your £500 has "saved the club" when there isn't a single shred of evidence it's in trouble.

Who else is going to cancel today.. on 15:10 - Apr 30 with 2082 viewsFixed_It

Who else is going to cancel today.. on 15:05 - Apr 30 by DinnernotTea

On the flipside, why the hell are so many people telling others they've renewed? It's very self indulgent thinking your £500 has "saved the club" when there isn't a single shred of evidence it's in trouble.

'There isn't a single shred of evidence it's in trouble'.
Well it certainly will be if everyone refuses to renew their season tickets!!!!

Ready! Steady! Cook!

Who else is going to cancel today.. on 15:12 - Apr 30 with 2037 viewsSitfcB

Cancelled DD by SitfcB 27 Apr 2020 15:48
The way I see it is, until the football resumes with supporters in attendance, as a donation towards the club. Say what you want about Marcus Evans etc etc but the club needs are financial support more than ever and if my £27 a month can help towards that then so be it.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Who else is going to cancel today.. on 15:14 - Apr 30 with 2050 viewsEwan_Oozami

Getting the North Stand roof swung it for me - proves Evens is totally committed to the club...

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Who else is going to cancel today.. on 15:19 - Apr 30 with 2032 viewsDinnernotTea

Who else is going to cancel today.. on 15:10 - Apr 30 by Fixed_It

'There isn't a single shred of evidence it's in trouble'.
Well it certainly will be if everyone refuses to renew their season tickets!!!!

Who has? How many? Asked every single season ticket holder?

Evans is a lot of things but he would've without a doubt planned for a drop of the current 12,500 holders. Think bsck to the anger towards the group and Lambert vs Peterborough/Flewtwood etc. And if/when football happens the club can and will make money without season ticket holders sitting on plastic seats. Ifollow and other formats will still add to the coffers, even more so now. Imagine how many £10 x per game will be snapped on ifollow? Merch will still sell.

I get during the virus they'll lose huge numbers but I myself aren't renewing because of this. Loads of reasons but I am sick and tired of this club and squad being on easy street. The second things get tough each and every one of them couldn't give a toss about digging us out of it. Enough is enough. Evans showed in January 2015 he doesn't truely care about ambition, ditto January 2020. So no he won't be having my £450 but don't worry I'll still be chucking some money at it.

Who else is going to cancel today.. on 15:28 - Apr 30 with 1982 viewsFixed_It

Who else is going to cancel today.. on 15:19 - Apr 30 by DinnernotTea

Evans is a lot of things but he would've without a doubt planned for a drop of the current 12,500 holders. Think bsck to the anger towards the group and Lambert vs Peterborough/Flewtwood etc. And if/when football happens the club can and will make money without season ticket holders sitting on plastic seats. Ifollow and other formats will still add to the coffers, even more so now. Imagine how many £10 x per game will be snapped on ifollow? Merch will still sell.

I get during the virus they'll lose huge numbers but I myself aren't renewing because of this. Loads of reasons but I am sick and tired of this club and squad being on easy street. The second things get tough each and every one of them couldn't give a toss about digging us out of it. Enough is enough. Evans showed in January 2015 he doesn't truely care about ambition, ditto January 2020. So no he won't be having my £450 but don't worry I'll still be chucking some money at it.

Your choice, but your reasoning seems a bit retributional to me. Hopefully there are enough of us who will support the club in their hour of need to make sure you still have a Club to throw money at when you feel like it.

Ready! Steady! Cook!

Who else is going to cancel today.. on 15:32 - Apr 30 with 1968 viewsDinnernotTea

Who else is going to cancel today.. on 15:28 - Apr 30 by Fixed_It

Your choice, but your reasoning seems a bit retributional to me. Hopefully there are enough of us who will support the club in their hour of need to make sure you still have a Club to throw money at when you feel like it.

You are my hero. Will you be paying towards my new born this summer and 3 year old child whilst you're at it?

You see the club has never had a 1990s attendance drop yet. Maybe, just maybe if crowds were 11,000 weekly Evans and co might just think "I think I've screwed up here."

Or they'll think that poster Fixed It saved this club with his £500. I dunno.

Who else is going to cancel today.. on 15:36 - Apr 30 with 1943 viewsSteve_M

Who else is going to cancel today.. on 15:19 - Apr 30 by DinnernotTea

You appear to have not understood what happens when the income to a business is significantly reduced but it's outgoings aren't. Now, paying for a season ticket without the prospect of watching any football for six months ins't a palatable idea but if most current season tickets did that - on top of the loss of matchday revenue and hospitality - then of course the club would be in financial trouble.

Plenty more clubs are unlikely to survive the next 18 months, we have a large enough fanbase that we probably won't be one of them but Evans isn't going to increase his spending enormously (and why should he) to cover the shortfall.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Who else is going to cancel today.. on 15:48 - Apr 30 with 1877 viewsDurovigutum

Who else is going to cancel today.. on 15:32 - Apr 30 by DinnernotTea

You are my hero. Will you be paying towards my new born this summer and 3 year old child whilst you're at it?

You see the club has never had a 1990s attendance drop yet. Maybe, just maybe if crowds were 11,000 weekly Evans and co might just think "I think I've screwed up here."

We aren't paying 1990s wages any more.

Whether we should or not is another question....
Who else is going to cancel today.. on 16:05 - Apr 30 with 1812 viewsPrideOfTheEast

There will be because our owner will subsidise it. That’s despite of course the calls for him to get out of “our” club without anybody remotely interested in taking it on (even less so now of course!).

I predict that football heads towards a more level playing field and ultimately changes will be to the benefit of almost all clubs and especially clubs like us who have tried to move towards a more sustainable model. All this nonsense on message boards about footballers being paid too much and then the contradictory criticism levelled at more prudent owners that they’re not investing enough might finally cease.

In terms of season tickets - each to their own. Nightmare for the club, dilemma for fans, but either way with thanks to Marcus Evans our club will still exist. We can then focus on criticising him for not appointing the right manager, not having the right off field structure etc, ie the things it’s fair to challenge as opposed to slating him for “ only” throwing away a few million quid a year.
Who else is going to cancel today.. on 16:19 - Apr 30 with 1779 viewsIpswichKnight

I paid mine as a lump sum, I totally get why those paying via DD might want to cancel especially in these times. I'm lucky my industry is not suffering ( currently ).

We only owe money to ME and do not have to worry about banks coming looking for money from us, as long as we keep HMRC happy we should be ok, Don't know about ME's main business but it seems to be doing ok guess we will find out in the months ahead if that is resilient and has large cash reserves if it does then ITFC will be around.

A lot of clubs are in a far far worse place than us most of the championship will be nervously looking over it's shoulder wondering when the notices of winding up orders will be coming.
Who else is going to cancel today.. on 16:28 - Apr 30 with 1750 viewsFixed_It

Who else is going to cancel today.. on 15:32 - Apr 30 by DinnernotTea

You seemed to miss the bit where I said I won't be aportioning blame if others are unable to contribute. But hey - you just carry on...

Ready! Steady! Cook!

Who else is going to cancel today.. on 16:36 - Apr 30 with 1717 viewsBasuco

No, I am happy to keep paying and wait and see when we will be back at PR.
Who else is going to cancel today.. on 16:51 - Apr 30 with 1667 viewsBrixtonBlue

There are two threads started by people saying they're cancelling. I don't see a single thread by anyone stating they're renewing.

If you genuinely don't understand that people cancelling on mass will cause the club to be in trouble then I can't really help you.

Who else is going to cancel today.. on 17:43 - Apr 30 with 1552 viewstractorboy1978

Who else is going to cancel today.. on 15:36 - Apr 30 by Steve_M

You appear to have not understood what happens when the income to a business is significantly reduced but it's outgoings aren't. Now, paying for a season ticket without the prospect of watching any football for six months ins't a palatable idea but if most current season tickets did that - on top of the loss of matchday revenue and hospitality - then of course the club would be in financial trouble.

Plenty more clubs are unlikely to survive the next 18 months, we have a large enough fanbase that we probably won't be one of them but Evans isn't going to increase his spending enormously (and why should he) to cover the shortfall.

There are several clubs in a more perilous financial position than us (Colchester and Accrington for example) that haven't taken the 'extract money from the fans approach'.

I think realistically it has to be a three-pronged approach with fans continuing to support the club if they can, the players taking wage deferrals (we've heard nothing on this front yet) and Evans taking a financial hit.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024