Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Enjoy this before it is deleted 18:02 - May 24 with 1943 viewsTrequartista

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Enjoy this before it is deleted on 18:04 - May 24 with 1887 viewssparks

Retweet it if you can... :-)

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Enjoy this before it is deleted on 18:06 - May 24 with 1858 viewsSwansea_Blue

Oh well played. Here's the screenshot for when it is deleted.

A lot of people are rightly p*ssed off about this. This cover up of this and retrospective changing of the evidence (they've been editing past videos to cover up their early misjudgments around the delayed lockdown) are both disgusting. Both are far worse than the actions of some wazzock who couldn't follow the rules.
[Post edited 24 May 2020 18:56]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Enjoy this before it is deleted on 18:09 - May 24 with 1801 viewsBent_double

Just been shown on BBC News....

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Enjoy this before it is deleted on 18:10 - May 24 with 1794 viewsShawsey

They just showed it up on the BBC news.
Enjoy this before it is deleted on 18:14 - May 24 with 1749 viewssparks

Enjoy this before it is deleted on 18:06 - May 24 by Swansea_Blue

A lot of people are rightly p*ssed off about this. This cover up of this and retrospective changing of the evidence (they've been editing past videos to cover up their early misjudgments around the delayed lockdown) are both disgusting. Both are far worse than the actions of some wazzock who couldn't follow the rules.

Do you have evidence of these videos- not seen anything.

People should be required to read the wife's article too... Supposedly he rushed home to care for her (27 April)- and 24 hours later collapsed, and spent 10 days in bed. So did he drive up on the evening of 27th? With no symptoms at all?

the absence of specific detail from the denials is telling.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Enjoy this before it is deleted on 18:15 - May 24 with 1729 viewsSwansea_Blue

I think the mask has slipped for a few people this afternoon. I'm sure it won't make much difference overall, but the more people who slowly realise the Emperor is not only not wearing any clothes but is waving his wang whilst laughing at them, the better.

Enjoy this before it is deleted on 18:15 - May 24 with 1730 viewsTrequartista

Enjoy this before it is deleted on 18:06 - May 24 by Swansea_Blue

I pondered yesterday whether the people angry with Cummings, and now by association, Johnson, are just the people the who don't like them anyway, or are just those who are interested in politics. 95% of people raging on here doesn't really represent the general public.

Early signs are that a huge majority of the public, your gogglebox participant, your average joe, is angry with Cummings, and now Johnson for backing him. I would expect the Government popularity to plummet. But i don't know how that changes anything. Can't think there would be any appetite for another election during a pandemic, or a commons vote of no confidence.
[Post edited 24 May 2020 18:47]

Enjoy this before it is deleted on 18:17 - May 24 with 1693 viewsGeoffSentence

Someone is in trouble, or maybe not . Depends on whether it can be excused as parental instinct or not.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Login to get fewer ads

Enjoy this before it is deleted on 18:38 - May 24 with 1574 viewsAce_High1

Enjoy this before it is deleted on 18:17 - May 24 by GeoffSentence

Someone is in trouble, or maybe not . Depends on whether it can be excused as parental instinct or not.

What for the "we were hacked" excuse any minute now....
Enjoy this before it is deleted on 18:44 - May 24 with 1533 viewsSwansea_Blue

Enjoy this before it is deleted on 18:14 - May 24 by sparks

Do you have evidence of these videos- not seen anything.

People should be required to read the wife's article too... Supposedly he rushed home to care for her (27 April)- and 24 hours later collapsed, and spent 10 days in bed. So did he drive up on the evening of 27th? With no symptoms at all?

the absence of specific detail from the denials is telling.

I stand slightly corrected - the one I saw wasn't about Cummings, but their trying to re-write the record about their slow response. There was a big piece about the cost of their delayed response in the Sunday Times today that really should be the main news.

Enjoy this before it is deleted on 18:45 - May 24 with 1524 viewsm14_blue

Enjoy this before it is deleted on 18:15 - May 24 by Trequartista

I pondered yesterday whether the people angry with Cummings, and now by association, Johnson, are just the people the who don't like them anyway, or are just those who are interested in politics. 95% of people raging on here doesn't really represent the general public.

Early signs are that a huge majority of the public, your gogglebox participant, your average joe, is angry with Cummings, and now Johnson for backing him. I would expect the Government popularity to plummet. But i don't know how that changes anything. Can't think there would be any appetite for another election during a pandemic, or a commons vote of no confidence.

Yep, that’s the impression I get too.

You’re right that people like me ranting on here doesn’t necessarily reflect the mood of the nation but I have no doubt that many, many people are furious about this. People of all political persuasions have been making huge sacrifices over the last few weeks and are raging about this.

Today’s conference was a kick in the teeth for anyone who has followed the rules and incontrovertible proof of just what contempt this government has for the people it serves.

My wider social media is generally Brexit and Boris leaning but the mood is ugly.
Enjoy this before it is deleted on 18:52 - May 24 with 1440 viewsBlueBadger

Lest we forget, polling has suggested that some 52% of the electorate think Cummings should lose his job.

That's the Will Of The People, right there.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Enjoy this before it is deleted on 18:59 - May 24 with 1374 viewsbluelagos

Think that is a fair comment. Twtd is a bit of an echo chamber at the moment, but like you, I have picked up anger from many sources.

But sfa chance of an election. BJ might fall but their would still be a huge tory majority.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Enjoy this before it is deleted on 19:41 - May 24 with 1253 viewsmonytowbray

You can still enjoy it, thank you Web Archive...

https://web.archive.org/web/20200524165741/ https:/twitter.com/UKCivilService/status/1264600481688702977

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Enjoy this before it is deleted on 19:43 - May 24 with 1236 viewsTrequartista

Enjoy this before it is deleted on 19:41 - May 24 by monytowbray

You can still enjoy it, thank you Web Archive...

https://web.archive.org/web/20200524165741/ https:/twitter.com/UKCivilService/status/1264600481688702977

It looks like the twtd forum preserves it in small type, still readable with a tweak of the browser zoom function.

Enjoy this before it is deleted on 19:44 - May 24 with 1229 viewsmonytowbray

Enjoy this before it is deleted on 19:43 - May 24 by Trequartista

It looks like the twtd forum preserves it in small type, still readable with a tweak of the browser zoom function.

I should use Web Archive more often on here.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Enjoy this before it is deleted on 20:13 - May 24 with 1190 viewsfactual_blue

It wouldn't surprise me if cummings did that - he hates the Civil Service. There'll be an investigation. If that doesn't throw up a dismissal, it will have been a politician. (That's how most internal leak enquiries end, with the relevant Minister calling time once it's obvious a politician did the leaking).

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Enjoy this before it is deleted on 20:28 - May 24 with 1149 viewsbluelagos

JK Rowling has apparently offered to pay if the culprit is caught and dismissed :-)

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024