Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Remember when mid-table in the Championship was unacceptably bad? (n/t) 20:37 - Jun 9 with 3185 viewsBlueBadger

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Remember when mid-table in the Championship was unacceptably bad? (n/t) on 20:38 - Jun 9 with 2692 viewsShawsey

But the hoofball was awful.
Remember when mid-table in the Championship was unacceptably bad? (n/t) on 20:41 - Jun 9 with 2671 viewspointofblue

Remember when mid-table in the Championship was unacceptably bad? (n/t) on 20:38 - Jun 9 by Shawsey

But the hoofball was awful.

And the tension between the manager/players and the fans was becoming intolerable.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Remember when mid-table in the Championship was unacceptably bad? (n/t) on 20:42 - Jun 9 with 2663 viewsShawsey

Remember when mid-table in the Championship was unacceptably bad? (n/t) on 20:41 - Jun 9 by pointofblue

And the tension between the manager/players and the fans was becoming intolerable.

And it is better now?
Remember when mid-table in the Championship was unacceptably bad? (n/t) on 20:43 - Jun 9 with 2659 viewsjudespiveyg

Don't rewrite history, it was the lack of entertainment that was unacceptable.

I survived Ipswich 0-0 Burton

Yeah, but what about all the new grounds! (n/t) on 20:43 - Jun 9 with 2658 viewsBloots

TWTD Leadership Group: Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Anti-Bullying Crusader

Remember when mid-table in the Championship was unacceptably bad? (n/t) on 20:51 - Jun 9 with 2623 viewsitfcjoe

Remember when mid-table in the Championship was unacceptably bad? (n/t) on 20:43 - Jun 9 by judespiveyg

I loved watching us lose our last 3 home games in league 1 0-1 whilst barely having a shot.

As Paul Weller said "That's entertainment"

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Remember when mid-table in the Championship was unacceptably bad? (n/t) on 20:54 - Jun 9 with 2603 viewsBlueBadger

Remember when mid-table in the Championship was unacceptably bad? (n/t) on 20:43 - Jun 9 by judespiveyg

Yeah, watching us lose limply but with good dinners for Terry Butcher was better.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Remember when mid-table in the Championship was unacceptably bad? (n/t) on 20:55 - Jun 9 with 2596 viewsjudespiveyg

Remember when mid-table in the Championship was unacceptably bad? (n/t) on 20:51 - Jun 9 by itfcjoe

I loved watching us lose our last 3 home games in league 1 0-1 whilst barely having a shot.

As Paul Weller said "That's entertainment"

Don't remember saying anything about this season being better.

Login to get fewer ads

Remember when mid-table in the Championship was unacceptably bad? (n/t) on 20:56 - Jun 9 with 2593 viewsjudespiveyg

Remember when mid-table in the Championship was unacceptably bad? (n/t) on 20:54 - Jun 9 by BlueBadger

Yeah, watching us lose limply but with good dinners for Terry Butcher was better.

Didn't say this season was better, my dude.

Remember when mid-table in the Championship was unacceptably bad? (n/t) on 20:59 - Jun 9 with 2579 viewspointofblue

Remember when mid-table in the Championship was unacceptably bad? (n/t) on 20:42 - Jun 9 by Shawsey

And it is better now?

No but just because the choices following Mick’s departure have been disastrous doesn’t mean it wasn’t time for him to leave.

Remember when mid-table in the Championship was unacceptably bad? (n/t) on 21:03 - Jun 9 with 2570 viewspatrickswell

And most of that was down to the owner, having finally breached the top 6 for the first time in his stewardship of the club deciding, “Phwoar..too hot for me. Here you go, Mick - I’ve heard there’s a Polish defender available for seven grand and Toure’s interested in coming to play for us. No, not Yaya...or Kolo.....”

For me, McCarthy’s greatest crime was his willingness to shield Evans from flack.
[Post edited 9 Jun 2020 21:04]
Remember when mid-table in the Championship was unacceptably bad? (n/t) on 21:05 - Jun 9 with 2552 viewsjeera

Remember when mid-table in the Championship was unacceptably bad? (n/t) on 20:56 - Jun 9 by judespiveyg

Didn't say this season was better, my dude.

No, but it does show that those who were trying to suggest some caution knew what they were talking about.

The fears were very real but not everyone would listen.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

The Football Is Better Now. (n/t) on 21:10 - Jun 9 with 2506 viewsBlueBadger

Yeah, but what about all the new grounds! (n/t) on 20:43 - Jun 9 by Bloots

Remember when mid-table in the Championship was unacceptably bad? (n/t) on 21:16 - Jun 9 with 2470 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

WORST FINISH IN 50 YEARS

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Remember when mid-table in the Championship was unacceptably bad? (n/t) on 21:17 - Jun 9 with 2459 viewsjudespiveyg

Remember when mid-table in the Championship was unacceptably bad? (n/t) on 21:05 - Jun 9 by jeera

No, but it does show that those who were trying to suggest some caution knew what they were talking about.

The fears were very real but not everyone would listen.

Such a thing as being too cautious though, and for something which is purely for entertainment (like watching football) you can't always take the safe option.

Remember when mid-table in the Championship was unacceptably bad? (n/t) on 21:26 - Jun 9 with 2438 viewsBlueBadger

Remember when mid-table in the Championship was unacceptably bad? (n/t) on 21:17 - Jun 9 by judespiveyg

Such a thing as being too cautious though, and for something which is purely for entertainment (like watching football) you can't always take the safe option.

So, we took the middle option with Lambert in which we ended up with limp football AND losing games loads?
[Post edited 9 Jun 2020 21:30]

Remember when mid-table in the Championship was unacceptably bad? (n/t) on 21:31 - Jun 9 with 2417 viewsBlueBadger

Remember when mid-table in the Championship was unacceptably bad? (n/t) on 21:16 - Jun 9 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

WORST FINISH IN 50 YEARS

Mate, it's closer to the worst finish in 70.

Remember when mid-table in the Championship was unacceptably bad? (n/t) on 21:35 - Jun 9 with 2400 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Remember when mid-table in the Championship was unacceptably bad? (n/t) on 21:31 - Jun 9 by BlueBadger

Mate, it's closer to the worst finish in 70.

I was talking about us finishing 16th in the Championship (2nd best finish in the last 4 years - 5 years in May 2021 whatever happens next season)

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Remember when mid-table in the Championship was unacceptably bad? (n/t) on 21:43 - Jun 9 with 2375 viewsSwansea_Blue

It was then. The bar is ever lowering unfortunately.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Yeah, but what about all the new grounds! (n/t) on 21:59 - Jun 9 with 2329 viewsPendejo

Yeah, but what about all the new grounds! (n/t) on 20:43 - Jun 9 by Bloots

And we get to do it again, hopefully, covering those missed this season...
League 2 and National League will have loads of new grounds...

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Remember when mid-table in the Championship was unacceptably bad? (n/t) on 22:05 - Jun 9 with 2314 viewsHerbivore

We have that now too you know.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Remember when mid-table in the Championship was unacceptably bad? (n/t) on 22:08 - Jun 9 with 2304 viewsjeera

Remember when mid-table in the Championship was unacceptably bad? (n/t) on 21:17 - Jun 9 by judespiveyg

There is, but there was more at stake than just entertainment.

The club staying alive is far more important for now.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Remember when mid-table in the Championship was unacceptably bad? (n/t) on 22:31 - Jun 9 with 2252 viewsBlueBadger

Remember when mid-table in the Championship was unacceptably bad? (n/t) on 22:05 - Jun 9 by Herbivore

Nonononononon, it was much better losing 3-0 to a Norwich side barely into second gear than drawing with them.

Remember when mid-table in the Championship was unacceptably bad? (n/t) on 22:53 - Jun 9 with 2205 viewsjudespiveyg

Remember when mid-table in the Championship was unacceptably bad? (n/t) on 22:05 - Jun 9 by Herbivore

For the third time on this thread, didn't say anything about this season being better.

Remember when mid-table in the Championship was unacceptably bad? (n/t) on 23:42 - Jun 9 with 2147 viewspointofblue

Remember when mid-table in the Championship was unacceptably bad? (n/t) on 22:31 - Jun 9 by BlueBadger

Nonononononon, it was much better losing 3-0 to a Norwich side barely into second gear than drawing with them.

Even ruddy Hurst managed to draw with them.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024