Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Loan offer from Dundee United for Norwood... 07:36 - Aug 4 with 6766 viewsKieran_Knows

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/dundee-unite

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Loan offer from Dundee United for Norwood... on 07:41 - Aug 4 with 5080 viewsDanTheMan

I can't see any good reason why we'd do that.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Loan offer from Dundee United for Norwood... on 07:50 - Aug 4 with 5048 viewsbluefunk

“The problem is Fleetwood are also keen...”

I may be wrong but I think the problem is that Ipswich won’t be keen
Loan offer from Dundee United for Norwood... on 07:54 - Aug 4 with 5005 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Nowt but paper talk that. Absolutely no reasoning as to why a loan might be possible.

Signed him, he spent the season with a knackered groin, meaning we never saw the best of him, now back to fitness, we've let Keane go and not signed anyone.

Why The Record thinks would we be interested in loaning him out, only god knows.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Loan offer from Dundee United for Norwood... on 08:07 - Aug 4 with 4930 viewsHerbivore

I don't think it's necessarily that far fetched. If we've decided he's not for us, and that is quite possible, a loan is one way of shifting his fairly considerable wage off the wage bill for the coming season. That frees up some funds. Not saying it will happen but if we are considering moving Norwood on then a loan is probably as likely as being able to shift him permanently.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Loan offer from Dundee United for Norwood... on 09:04 - Aug 4 with 4722 viewsSwansea_Blue

Loan offer from Dundee United for Norwood... on 07:41 - Aug 4 by DanTheMan

Let me introduce you to our 'management' team...

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Loan offer from Dundee United for Norwood... on 09:11 - Aug 4 with 4688 viewsStokieBlue

Loan offer from Dundee United for Norwood... on 08:07 - Aug 4 by Herbivore

I don't think it's necessarily that far fetched. If we've decided he's not for us, and that is quite possible, a loan is one way of shifting his fairly considerable wage off the wage bill for the coming season. That frees up some funds. Not saying it will happen but if we are considering moving Norwood on then a loan is probably as likely as being able to shift him permanently.

Could they afford him? Seems the "average" player at Dundee United is on just over 1K per week.

Absolutely no point loaning him out if we are covering any real percentage of his wages.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

I get the impression that Norwood has.... on 09:14 - Aug 4 with 4672 viewsBloots

....never really left Tranmere from a mental point of view.

He's constantly reminiscing about those times on social media and it also appears that he hasn't settled down here.

When he posts stuff on social media from his home, it doesn't even look like he's unpacked.

I expect he'd be up for reuniting with Mellon, whether we let him go is another thing.

But if we do, it will be yet another example of us signing an unfit player, failing to get the best out of him and moving him on, potentially, at the wrong time.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

I get the impression that Norwood has.... on 09:15 - Aug 4 with 4645 viewsKeno

I get the impression that Norwood has.... on 09:14 - Aug 4 by Bloots

He's constantly reminiscing about those times on social media and it also appears that he hasn't settled down here.

When he posts stuff on social media from his home, it doesn't even look like he's unpacked.

I expect he'd be up for reuniting with Mellon, whether we let him go is another thing.

But if we do, it will be yet another example of us signing an unfit player, failing to get the best out of him and moving him on, potentially, at the wrong time.

with an acknowledgement to Swaney

"Let me introduce you to our 'management' team... "

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Login to get fewer ads

Loan offer from Dundee United for Norwood... on 09:16 - Aug 4 with 4632 viewsHerbivore

Loan offer from Dundee United for Norwood... on 09:11 - Aug 4 by StokieBlue

Could they afford him? Seems the "average" player at Dundee United is on just over 1K per week.

Absolutely no point loaning him out if we are covering any real percentage of his wages.

SB

It's only worth it if there's no cost to us and it's all a saving for us on his wages, agreed.

Loan offer from Dundee United for Norwood... on 09:18 - Aug 4 with 4612 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

I see absolutely no benefit to allowing Norwood to leave this summer, will be a big mistake in my opinion. I think has too much to offer us next year.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Loan offer from Dundee United for Norwood... on 09:19 - Aug 4 with 4600 viewsJ2BLUE

I'm sure it's complete rubbish.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

I get the impression that Norwood has.... on 09:19 - Aug 4 with 4610 viewsportmanking

I get the impression that Norwood has.... on 09:14 - Aug 4 by Bloots

I think you are spot on here.

The trouble with his personal life is that I think his pad in the sticks was designed for him and his GF, who he split up with a couple of months into last season I believe.

To me, he acts on social media a bit like a lost puppy.
Of course, I can see it now..... on 09:19 - Aug 4 with 4601 viewsBloots

I get the impression that Norwood has.... on 09:15 - Aug 4 by Keno

with an acknowledgement to Swaney

"Let me introduce you to our 'management' team... "

...."James will not be leaving under any circumstances, he's integral to our push for promotion back to the Championship"

"James made it clear that he wanted to move, it would be wrong to have stood in his way"

"Ipswich are paying 50% of his wages following his loan move to Scotland"

"I used to play for Dortmund"

Loan offer from Dundee United for Norwood... on 09:22 - Aug 4 with 4564 viewsHerbivore

Loan offer from Dundee United for Norwood... on 09:18 - Aug 4 by TheTrueBlue1878

I see absolutely no benefit to allowing Norwood to leave this summer, will be a big mistake in my opinion. I think has too much to offer us next year.

One benefit of him leaving is that it potentially frees up £5k or more a week in wages that we can spend on someone else.

Loan offer from Dundee United for Norwood... on 09:23 - Aug 4 with 4540 viewsKeno

Loan offer from Dundee United for Norwood... on 09:22 - Aug 4 by Herbivore

One benefit of him leaving is that it potentially frees up £5k or more a week in wages that we can spend on someone else.

By "someone else' do you mean another injury prone out of form player who we will express surprise about when he is out of form and gets injured?

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Loan offer from Dundee United for Norwood... on 09:28 - Aug 4 with 4497 viewsHerbivore

Loan offer from Dundee United for Norwood... on 09:23 - Aug 4 by Keno

By "someone else' do you mean another injury prone out of form player who we will express surprise about when he is out of form and gets injured?

Yes. Call me old fashioned, but I think it's important that we respect the Ipswich way.

Loan offer from Dundee United for Norwood... on 09:28 - Aug 4 with 4505 viewsPhilTWTD

Loan offer from Dundee United for Norwood... on 07:50 - Aug 4 by bluefunk

“The problem is Fleetwood are also keen...”

I may be wrong but I think the problem is that Ipswich won’t be keen

Indeed, also that Fleetwood wouldn't be able to get anywhere near his wages. Not sure what they assume to be the situation with JN here. I'm told Town don't want him to go.
Loan offer from Dundee United for Norwood... on 09:35 - Aug 4 with 4448 viewsKieran_Knows

Loan offer from Dundee United for Norwood... on 09:28 - Aug 4 by PhilTWTD

Indeed, also that Fleetwood wouldn't be able to get anywhere near his wages. Not sure what they assume to be the situation with JN here. I'm told Town don't want him to go.

Am I right in saying that Norwood moved here to be closer down south also? From Eastbourne isn't he?

Loan offer from Dundee United for Norwood... on 09:39 - Aug 4 with 4409 viewsRadlett_blue

Loan offer from Dundee United for Norwood... on 07:41 - Aug 4 by DanTheMan

If Dundee United took on Toto as well, it might look more attractive. A sort of "BOGOF" deal.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Loan offer from Dundee United for Norwood... on 09:39 - Aug 4 with 4408 viewsPhilTWTD

Loan offer from Dundee United for Norwood... on 09:35 - Aug 4 by Kieran_Knows

Am I right in saying that Norwood moved here to be closer down south also? From Eastbourne isn't he?

He did indeed: https://www.tranmererovers.co.uk/news/2019/june/club-statement-james-norwood/

As everyone else has said, the suggestion of a loan seems to have very little logic to it. I don't think the author of that piece has any inside knowledge of the situation.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Loan offer from Dundee United for Norwood... on 09:40 - Aug 4 with 4398 viewsKieran_Knows

Loan offer from Dundee United for Norwood... on 09:39 - Aug 4 by PhilTWTD

He did indeed: https://www.tranmererovers.co.uk/news/2019/june/club-statement-james-norwood/

As everyone else has said, the suggestion of a loan seems to have very little logic to it. I don't think the author of that piece has any inside knowledge of the situation.

I'm sure a move to Fleetwood or Dundee would suit him then!

Loan offer from Dundee United for Norwood... on 09:43 - Aug 4 with 4362 viewsSteve_M

Loan offer from Dundee United for Norwood... on 09:39 - Aug 4 by Radlett_blue

If Dundee United took on Toto as well, it might look more attractive. A sort of "BOGOF" deal.

Score one goal, concede from comical defensive error.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

"There's only one Tommy Oar" (n/t) on 09:55 - Aug 4 with 4297 viewsBloots

Loan offer from Dundee United for Norwood... on 09:40 - Aug 4 by Kieran_Knows

I'm sure a move to Fleetwood or Dundee would suit him then!

Loan offer from Dundee United for Norwood... on 10:06 - Aug 4 with 4226 viewseireblue

Loan offer from Dundee United for Norwood... on 09:39 - Aug 4 by PhilTWTD

Just one more downside of this Covid situation.

Not enough insider knowledge from stewards being privy to managerial conversations.

Sigh...
Loan offer from Dundee United for Norwood... on 10:21 - Aug 4 with 4131 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

"The problem is Fleetwood are also interested....."

...no, the problem is Ipswich have no wish to sell.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024