Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Real names that sound like fictional characters 13:15 - Aug 25 with 1472 viewsBrixtonBlue

We had a Tallulah Fairfax in my last street, whose name I've always loved. Sounds like a posh character from period drama.

There's a quite high up woman in the advertising industry who's name always makes me smile: Cilla Snowball.

And I've just discovered we have a producer where I work now called Penny Cotton, who sounds like a puppet.

Any more for anymore?

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Real names that sound like fictional characters on 13:17 - Aug 25 with 1446 viewsLankHenners

Wolf Blitzer.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Real names that sound like fictional characters on 13:18 - Aug 25 with 1445 viewsKeno

I know of someone whose surname is Willie and his parents called him Ivan

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Real names that sound like fictional characters on 13:22 - Aug 25 with 1433 viewsfactual_blue

Curiously, I encountered somebody called Wendy Snowball in my professional career. (I'm retired now btw).

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Real names that sound like fictional characters on 13:25 - Aug 25 with 1426 viewsIllinoisblue

Real names that sound like fictional characters on 13:17 - Aug 25 by LankHenners

Wolf Blitzer.

The man with the giant forehead.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Real names that sound like fictional characters on 13:27 - Aug 25 with 1425 viewsBloomBlue

I worked at a company and global head of telecommunications was an American called Randy Numbers. He always made a joke about how appropriate it was that someone named 'Numbers' worked in telecommunications, none of the Brits wanted to tell him Randy in front of it possibly wasn't. Not sure it's technically a fictional character, unless its a character in a Carry-on film
Real names that sound like fictional characters on 13:28 - Aug 25 with 1420 viewshomer_123

Nora Carrott.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Real names that sound like fictional characters on 13:29 - Aug 25 with 1420 viewsBrixtonBlue

Real names that sound like fictional characters on 13:27 - Aug 25 by BloomBlue

I worked at a company and global head of telecommunications was an American called Randy Numbers. He always made a joke about how appropriate it was that someone named 'Numbers' worked in telecommunications, none of the Brits wanted to tell him Randy in front of it possibly wasn't. Not sure it's technically a fictional character, unless its a character in a Carry-on film

Carry-on Teaching, perhaps, and he's the Maths teacher?

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Real names that sound like fictional characters on 13:29 - Aug 25 with 1414 viewsGlasgowBlue

Labour MP Thangam Debbonaire

Sounds like she should be a Bond girl.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Login to get fewer ads

Real names that sound like fictional characters on 13:33 - Aug 25 with 1402 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

You'd feel guilty marrying Tallulah Fairfax if you had a drab surname.

I'd have to insist she kept her maiden name!

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Real names that sound like fictional characters on 13:33 - Aug 25 with 1398 viewsclive_baker

Real names that sound like fictional characters on 13:22 - Aug 25 by factual_blue

Curiously, I encountered somebody called Wendy Snowball in my professional career. (I'm retired now btw).

She's a melt.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Real names that sound like fictional characters on 13:34 - Aug 25 with 1389 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

There was a woman in a village near where I grew up called Fanny Fiddling.

Beat that.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Real names that sound like fictional characters on 13:40 - Aug 25 with 1367 viewsFtnfwest

i keep thinking Ilias Chair sounds like someone from a Harry Potter film
Real names that sound like fictional characters on 13:45 - Aug 25 with 1353 viewsGeoffSentence

On a footballing theme, Danny Invincible always sounded like he should have been in some Sub-Marvel comic world rather than playing for Swindon Town.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Real names that sound like fictional characters on 13:47 - Aug 25 with 1346 viewsghostofescobar

Isabella Christihops and Dusty Flunder, were two girls that my son was at school with.

GhostOfEscobar

Real names that sound like fictional characters on 13:54 - Aug 25 with 1335 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Real names that sound like fictional characters on 13:45 - Aug 25 by GeoffSentence

On a footballing theme, Danny Invincible always sounded like he should have been in some Sub-Marvel comic world rather than playing for Swindon Town.

and Max Power!

Real names that sound like fictional characters on 13:55 - Aug 25 with 1332 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Real names that sound like fictional characters on 13:29 - Aug 25 by BrixtonBlue

Would have been ideal for teaching Randy Lerner.

Real names that sound like fictional characters on 13:56 - Aug 25 with 1322 viewsDebsyAngel

Had a Teresa Green at my infants school and when I was on YTS in the County Council in the Architect's Department, a Mr Whalebelly!
Real names that sound like fictional characters on 13:59 - Aug 25 with 1312 viewsjaykay

back in the day i worked with a bill nutter. i said to him once, it must be awkward signing for things with b. nutter he said it was worse for his wife anita

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Real names that sound like fictional characters on 14:01 - Aug 25 with 1307 viewsbluefunk

I went to school with a Penny Cotton, she Certainly wasn’t a puppet
Real names that sound like fictional characters on 14:02 - Aug 25 with 1302 viewsIllinoisblue

Were you writing a novel a while back? Or did I imagine that?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Real names that sound like fictional characters on 14:19 - Aug 25 with 1284 viewsBrixtonBlue

Real names that sound like fictional characters on 14:02 - Aug 25 by Illinoisblue

Were you writing a novel a while back? Or did I imagine that?

Yep, mostly finished. Just editing now.

Real names that sound like fictional characters on 14:24 - Aug 25 with 1280 viewsBloomBlue

Real names that sound like fictional characters on 13:29 - Aug 25 by BrixtonBlue

Yes that would work
Real names that sound like fictional characters on 14:30 - Aug 25 with 1274 viewsJamestownPrince

Real names that sound like fictional characters on 13:56 - Aug 25 by DebsyAngel

Had a Teresa Green at my infants school and when I was on YTS in the County Council in the Architect's Department, a Mr Whalebelly!

Taught a lad a few years back, who's surname was Green, and his Mum was Teresa!!

Worked with a Christine (Chris) who married a guy called Cross.

My favorite is this....

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/meet-three-ladies-called-mary-437295
Real names that sound like fictional characters on 14:46 - Aug 25 with 1253 viewssolemio

My mum was a regular churchgoer, and she used to talk about a lady who got prayed for each Sunday due to illness. Her name was Ann Orange.
Real names that sound like fictional characters on 15:18 - Aug 25 with 1222 viewsRadlett_blue

My mortgage adviser a few years ago introduced me to an acquaintance of his called "Downey Sloane". It was his real name.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024