Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
To anyone who has a problem with taking a knee 19:29 - Sep 13 with 2605 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Or thinks when fans come back in it will be ‘booed’. And that it was ages ago etc.

Last time I checked Ipswich as a football club have always stood up to racism, even when it was unfashionable to do so. A long history of black players and fans. If some fans do boo it if it’s still going on when we are back, I hope it’s not Ipswich fans.
[Post edited 2 Oct 2020 20:29]

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

To anyone who has a problem with taking a knee on 19:57 - Sep 13 with 2516 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Chill out bro.

I can't see any reason to think that Town fans will boo it!!

Worry about it if it happens.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

To anyone who has a problem with taking a knee on 20:03 - Sep 13 with 2483 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

To anyone who has a problem with taking a knee on 19:57 - Sep 13 by Marshalls_Mullet

Chill out bro.

Although I have seen posts on both Twitter and TWTD saying exactly that. From Ipswich fans and fans of other clubs

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

To anyone who has a problem with taking a knee on 20:03 - Sep 13 with 2484 viewsfactual_blue

'Ipswich lives in racial harmony' was the chant.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

To anyone who has a problem with taking a knee on 20:06 - Sep 13 with 2464 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

To anyone who has a problem with taking a knee on 20:03 - Sep 13 by TRUE_BLUE123

Although I have seen posts on both Twitter and TWTD saying exactly that. From Ipswich fans and fans of other clubs

Ah, I don't do Twitter, as that's where most of the worlds scum reside, so I could see a minority of people saying it there.

However, I suspect that those keyboard warriors would not have the balls to follow their words up with actions. (If they even attend matches).

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

To anyone who has a problem with taking a knee on 20:13 - Sep 13 with 2430 viewsHerbivore

To anyone who has a problem with taking a knee on 20:06 - Sep 13 by Marshalls_Mullet

Ah, I don't do Twitter, as that's where most of the worlds scum reside, so I could see a minority of people saying it there.

However, I suspect that those keyboard warriors would not have the balls to follow their words up with actions. (If they even attend matches).

I think you'd fit in well on twitter.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

To anyone who has a problem with taking a knee on 20:22 - Sep 13 with 2395 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

To anyone who has a problem with taking a knee on 20:13 - Sep 13 by Herbivore

I think you'd fit in well on twitter.

You'd probably stalk me there as well.

To anyone who has a problem with taking a knee on 20:50 - Sep 13 with 2346 viewsFixed_It

To anyone who has a problem with taking a knee on 20:03 - Sep 13 by factual_blue

'Ipswich lives in racial harmony' was the chant.

It was indeed.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

To anyone who has a problem with taking a knee on 23:03 - Sep 13 with 2162 viewsBlueBadger

In all fairness, I think the whole thing about booing it is wishful thinking on the part of one or two dimwits who feel threatened by an anti-racism movement. No idea why anyone would feel threatened by an anti-racism movement, anyone have any thoughts?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Login to get fewer ads

To anyone who has a problem with taking a knee on 08:52 - Sep 14 with 1970 viewsitfcjoe

I wonder if the club could try and do something celebrating the black history of our players and fans - they tweet and use social media to push the message where possible - but would be nice to show the impact black players have made on the club

Only 3 players are in our top 10 appearances and top 10 goalscorers and one of those is black. And a local boy.

Probably our best ever academy product (since the academy system usurped the YTS one), both in terms of what they achieved here and since is black. And a relatively local boy.

One of the only players who is fit to lace the boots of the 81 team that has played for us since then is black. And a local boy.

As a club we have a fine history of black players - especially those from the youth system - a positive message could help things here to wake some of those against it up

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

To anyone who has a problem with taking a knee on 08:57 - Sep 14 with 1954 viewsDarth_Koont

Well said.

The whole reaction seems very strange. Then again, if you have only experienced privelege then equality feels like oppression. There's a lot of that going round nowadays.

Pronouns: He/Him

To anyone who has a problem with taking a knee on 10:44 - Sep 14 with 1839 viewsclive_baker

Agree with the sentiment but just keen to point out nobody was fighting 'for' me, thanks. They're morons.

Anyone who takes exception to players taking the knee needs to take a long hard look at themselves and ask why they have an issue with it? I think we all know.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

To anyone who has a problem with taking a knee on 11:25 - Sep 14 with 1782 viewsRadlett_blue

To anyone who has a problem with taking a knee on 10:44 - Sep 14 by clive_baker

Agree with the sentiment but just keen to point out nobody was fighting 'for' me, thanks. They're morons.

Anyone who takes exception to players taking the knee needs to take a long hard look at themselves and ask why they have an issue with it? I think we all know.

Was that a one-off, or is it going to happen before every game? If the latter, it will resemble UEFA's "fair play" pre-game handshakes.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

To anyone who has a problem with taking a knee on 15:57 - Sep 14 with 1642 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

To anyone who has a problem with taking a knee on 10:44 - Sep 14 by clive_baker

I do appreciate what your saying regarding fighting. I was merely trying to reinforce that we had a recognised black fanbase.

To anyone who has a problem with taking a knee on 17:06 - Sep 14 with 1561 viewsCrow77

I agree football and the country as a whole needs to stand up to racium of all kinds at the end of the day we are all part of the human race but I don't think that should take a knee every game. Set aside a time to do it like we do other things ie Nov 11 we remember the fallen and have the poppy and its made a big thing off. To me that's better than every game everyday in the end it will lose all backing
To anyone who has a problem with taking a knee on 17:12 - Sep 14 with 1542 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

To anyone who has a problem with taking a knee on 17:06 - Sep 14 by Crow77

I agree football and the country as a whole needs to stand up to racium of all kinds at the end of the day we are all part of the human race but I don't think that should take a knee every game. Set aside a time to do it like we do other things ie Nov 11 we remember the fallen and have the poppy and its made a big thing off. To me that's better than every game everyday in the end it will lose all backing

The difference is remembrance day is signifying a specific event. Take a Knee is about the ongoing problem of systemic and overt racism in this country.

To anyone who has a problem with taking a knee on 17:55 - Sep 14 with 1502 viewsWickets

I also just cannot understand why some seem to get so worked up about it Anything that helps to discourage rasicm must be a good thing .
To anyone who has a problem with taking a knee on 18:21 - Sep 14 with 1468 viewsParmigiano

To anyone who has a problem with taking a knee on 17:55 - Sep 14 by Wickets

I also just cannot understand why some seem to get so worked up about it Anything that helps to discourage rasicm must be a good thing .

It's ignorance, whether conscious or unconscious. The same people who say "white lives matter too".
To anyone who has a problem with taking a knee on 18:35 - Sep 14 with 1448 viewsRyorry

To anyone who has a problem with taking a knee on 17:55 - Sep 14 by Wickets

Quite. In fact I find it rather moving - well paid young footballers who supposedly only care about money, bling & their careers, showing ongoing support & solidarity in opposing discrimination and inequality wherever it may be.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

To anyone who has a problem with taking a knee on 18:38 - Sep 14 with 1438 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

To anyone who has a problem with taking a knee on 19:57 - Sep 13 by Marshalls_Mullet

Chill out bro.

Some NFL fans said they’d boo it if it was happening when fans were allowed to attend. On Thursdays week 1 opener, fans loudly booed during the ‘moment of unity’ which was awful.

On twitter, I’ve seen plenty of people saying it would be booed over here if happening when fans attended. That being said, it was by nobody I knew and no Town fans as far as I’m aware though.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

To anyone who has a problem with taking a knee on 20:15 - Sep 14 with 1346 viewsJ2BLUE

To anyone who has a problem with taking a knee on 18:38 - Sep 14 by The_Romford_Blue

Some NFL fans said they’d boo it if it was happening when fans were allowed to attend. On Thursdays week 1 opener, fans loudly booed during the ‘moment of unity’ which was awful.

On twitter, I’ve seen plenty of people saying it would be booed over here if happening when fans attended. That being said, it was by nobody I knew and no Town fans as far as I’m aware though.

After everything Mahomes did for Kansas and everything he's done to advance the movement they booed. I shouldn't be surprised but f#cking hell.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

To anyone who has a problem with taking a knee on 20:24 - Sep 14 with 1320 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

To anyone who has a problem with taking a knee on 20:15 - Sep 14 by J2BLUE

After everything Mahomes did for Kansas and everything he's done to advance the movement they booed. I shouldn't be surprised but f#cking hell.

Was shocked to see such a reaction

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024