Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nuttiest, Zaniest, Craziest Bands You've Seen. 22:49 - Nov 12 with 1708 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Saw this lot supporting Ian Dury at the Gaumont. Mental.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Nuttiest, Zaniest, Craziest Bands You've Seen. on 23:00 - Nov 12 with 1401 viewsBluefish

Probably Take That

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Nuttiest, Zaniest, Craziest Bands You've Seen. on 23:09 - Nov 12 with 1402 viewsMelford

I can't find any footage online about their gigs but Earl Brutus gigs were always a bit strange

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Nuttiest, Zaniest, Craziest Bands You've Seen. on 00:31 - Nov 13 with 1355 viewsWeWereZombies

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Nuttiest, Zaniest, Craziest Bands You've Seen. on 09:16 - Nov 13 with 1234 viewsMonkeyAlan

King Kurt
Nuttiest, Zaniest, Craziest Bands You've Seen. on 09:23 - Nov 13 with 1222 viewsHalf_Idiot

Saw Lone Taxidermists support Pissed Jeans a few years back and they were wild!

Nuttiest, Zaniest, Craziest Bands You've Seen. on 09:26 - Nov 13 with 1218 viewsSwansea_Blue

Not weird in the way some of these are, but carter USM always gave a crazy/manic show.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Barry Manilow. (n/t) on 09:29 - Nov 13 with 1213 viewsBloots

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Nuttiest, Zaniest, Craziest Bands You've Seen. on 09:43 - Nov 13 with 1203 viewsHerbivore

....And You Will Know Us By the Trail of Dead were always pretty mental live. Spent most of the gig trashing the stage whilst still playing some pretty blistering choons.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Login to get fewer ads

Nuttiest, Zaniest, Craziest Bands You've Seen. on 09:44 - Nov 13 with 1201 viewsmo_itfc

Saw Trash Talk at a NME Weekender... that was pretty nutty. Singer fell off the stage and cut his head, a lot of blood everywhere and the bassist picked a fight with an over-zealous security guard.

Poll: Now that The Athletic has an article, is this takeover actually happening?

Nuttiest, Zaniest, Craziest Bands You've Seen. on 10:13 - Nov 13 with 1192 viewsHalf_Idiot

Nuttiest, Zaniest, Craziest Bands You've Seen. on 09:44 - Nov 13 by mo_itfc

Saw Trash Talk at a NME Weekender... that was pretty nutty. Singer fell off the stage and cut his head, a lot of blood everywhere and the bassist picked a fight with an over-zealous security guard.

Seen them a few times and they never disappoint! They definitely give it their all on stage.

Nuttiest, Zaniest, Craziest Bands You've Seen. on 10:21 - Nov 13 with 1189 viewsGuthrum

Terrorvision gigs were always good party occasions, didn't take themselves too seriously.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Nuttiest, Zaniest, Craziest Bands You've Seen. on 10:22 - Nov 13 with 1193 viewsDyland

Without doubt, Magma. They played Islington Town Hall last year. An experience, especially on acid

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Nuttiest, Zaniest, Craziest Bands You've Seen. on 10:28 - Nov 13 with 1186 viewsWeWereZombies

Nuttiest, Zaniest, Craziest Bands You've Seen. on 10:22 - Nov 13 by Dyland

Without doubt, Magma. They played Islington Town Hall last year. An experience, especially on acid

Was Steve Davis there?

In fact, are you Steve Davis?

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Nuttiest, Zaniest, Craziest Bands You've Seen. on 10:35 - Nov 13 with 1179 viewsSwailsey

The pAper chAse were mental.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Nuttiest, Zaniest, Craziest Bands You've Seen. on 10:41 - Nov 13 with 1168 viewsMookamoo

Dread Zeppelin at UEA early 90s

Nuttiest, Zaniest, Craziest Bands You've Seen. on 10:44 - Nov 13 with 1161 viewsDyland

Nuttiest, Zaniest, Craziest Bands You've Seen. on 10:28 - Nov 13 by WeWereZombies

Was Steve Davis there?

In fact, are you Steve Davis?

I am not he :)

It's funny looking around at their gigs, the freakiest band have the squarest fans. I guess it's the prog crowd innit.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Nuttiest, Zaniest, Craziest Bands You've Seen. on 12:05 - Nov 13 with 1137 viewsblueislander

Nuttiest, Zaniest, Craziest Bands You've Seen. on 10:44 - Nov 13 by Dyland

I am not he :)

It's funny looking around at their gigs, the freakiest band have the squarest fans. I guess it's the prog crowd innit.

Surely the original manic band were Screaming Lord Sutch and The Savages. Around the same time The Crazy World of Arthur Brown were entertaining us.
Nuttiest, Zaniest, Craziest Bands You've Seen. on 12:54 - Nov 13 with 1102 viewsurbanblue

I saw Eels back in the early 2000's and the gig was quite mad. First of all the support was E dressed in a white suit wig, glasses and a ton of padding doing a dj set as his alter ego MC Honky ... Mad! Then when the band came on the first half dozen songs, including Novocaine for the Soul, were all destroyed in a crazy 'punk style' ... an absolute mess. The audience were open mouthed in disbelief. Was quite ready to dismiss as the worst gig I have ever seen then ...

... E sat at the piano and launched into a beautiful rendition of 'It's a Motherfuc##r' and the rest of the gig was a dream.

Finally, after the encore the lights came on and the venue emptied. A few of us were hanging around when the band came back on!! With the lights on and some of us stragglers still left they did two more songs.

Superb!
Nuttiest, Zaniest, Craziest Bands You've Seen. on 13:04 - Nov 13 with 1087 viewsmonytowbray

Nuttiest, Zaniest, Craziest Bands You've Seen. on 10:13 - Nov 13 by Half_Idiot

Seen them a few times and they never disappoint! They definitely give it their all on stage.

I raise you this for bands you feel like you might die watching.

Also...

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Nuttiest, Zaniest, Craziest Bands You've Seen. on 13:12 - Nov 13 with 1079 viewsfooters

Nuttiest, Zaniest, Craziest Bands You've Seen. on 13:04 - Nov 13 by monytowbray

Also...

Sunn O))) live are absolutely incredible.

Their last show I saw (think it was a couple of years ago now) wasn't as good, but that's more down to the sound of that album.

Plus they didn't come out dressed like trees.

Neubauten are also one of my favourite live acts. Maybe not as weird as some other suggestions, but the range of 'instruments' they use to create their sound is incredibly inventive. A shame their gig this year was cancelled. Think it was meant to be this weekend actually :(

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Nuttiest, Zaniest, Craziest Bands You've Seen. on 13:16 - Nov 13 with 1065 viewsHalf_Idiot

Also...

Saw Baby Godzilla/HECK in a pub beer garden a while back. The lead singer threw his guitar into the crowd and it smacked a girl in the face. He got dragged off stage a few moments later as the band continued playing!

Nuttiest, Zaniest, Craziest Bands You've Seen. on 13:16 - Nov 13 with 1062 viewsmonytowbray

Nuttiest, Zaniest, Craziest Bands You've Seen. on 13:12 - Nov 13 by footers

Sunn O))) live are absolutely incredible.

Their last show I saw (think it was a couple of years ago now) wasn't as good, but that's more down to the sound of that album.

Plus they didn't come out dressed like trees.

Neubauten are also one of my favourite live acts. Maybe not as weird as some other suggestions, but the range of 'instruments' they use to create their sound is incredibly inventive. A shame their gig this year was cancelled. Think it was meant to be this weekend actually :(

Last time I saw them it was Ice Man who came out and not Tree man haha.

I wish Khanate were still going, would do some terrible things to see Things Viral played in full!

Will check that link out in a bit, I’ve wrote myself off today as I took a strong painkiller for a migraine lastnight and I’m still out of it this morning.

TWTD never forgets…

Nuttiest, Zaniest, Craziest Bands You've Seen. on 13:17 - Nov 13 with 1060 viewsurbanblue

Also...

Blimey, there is some mad sh1t there
Nuttiest, Zaniest, Craziest Bands You've Seen. on 13:19 - Nov 13 with 1054 viewsmonytowbray

Nuttiest, Zaniest, Craziest Bands You've Seen. on 13:16 - Nov 13 by Half_Idiot

Saw Baby Godzilla/HECK in a pub beer garden a while back. The lead singer threw his guitar into the crowd and it smacked a girl in the face. He got dragged off stage a few moments later as the band continued playing!

I saw them in the Edge Of the Wedge in Portsmouth a few years back as BG and the crowd were pretty much lined up at the back of the room by the end out of fear hahahaha.

I didn’t see this live myself but at the Smoke House a while back someone did a harsh noise set which consisted of them mic’ing up the process of making a Pot Noodle through god knows what effect pedals.

TWTD never forgets…

Nuttiest, Zaniest, Craziest Bands You've Seen. on 13:21 - Nov 13 with 1051 viewsmonytowbray

Nuttiest, Zaniest, Craziest Bands You've Seen. on 13:17 - Nov 13 by urbanblue

Blimey, there is some mad sh1t there

I mean, my old band pretty much wanted to be The Chariot live haha.

TWTD never forgets…

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024