Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Massive green energy overhaul and 5% mortgages?! 13:06 - Oct 6 with 1569 viewsmonytowbray

Wow, I’ll give Johnson and co a rare thumb up on that. Been way overdue. TBH I don’t think the current model is sustainable for both society and their need for votes in 4 years time.

Also, political point scoring you just wanna bash the Tories etc.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Massive green energy overhaul and 5% mortgages?! on 13:08 - Oct 6 with 1546 viewsBlueBadger

I'll offer a guarded welcome and wait for details, personally.

Is he providing the wind himself? by BlueBadger 6 Oct 2020 9:44
Here's what Efficient Private Sector Company that gets the gig of putting up and maintaining them will provide after £80bn of funding and 22 years:

https://canary.contestimg.wish.com/api/webimage/5bfbb9b3534294179bbc3a5f-large.jpg

[Post edited 6 Oct 2020 13:09]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Massive green energy overhaul and 5% mortgages?! on 13:09 - Oct 6 with 1542 viewsJakeITFC

Subprime lending will add a nice nostalgic feel to the next recession.
Massive green energy overhaul and 5% mortgages?! on 13:10 - Oct 6 with 1535 viewsBlueBadger

Massive green energy overhaul and 5% mortgages?! on 13:09 - Oct 6 by JakeITFC

Subprime lending will add a nice nostalgic feel to the next recession.

I see Sunk is already making ominous noises about needing to 'balance the books' as well.

We all know what that means. Top-rate tax cuts and funding cuts for everyone else.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Massive green energy overhaul and 5% mortgages?! on 13:12 - Oct 6 with 1514 viewsmonytowbray

Massive green energy overhaul and 5% mortgages?! on 13:08 - Oct 6 by BlueBadger

Here's what Efficient Private Sector Company that gets the gig of putting up and maintaining them will provide after £80bn of funding and 22 years:

https://canary.contestimg.wish.com/api/webimage/5bfbb9b3534294179bbc3a5f-large.jpg

Well as per norm I expect Serco will be building the infrastructure.

TWTD never forgets…

Massive green energy overhaul and 5% mortgages?! on 13:31 - Oct 6 with 1462 viewsfactual_blue

Massive green energy overhaul and 5% mortgages?! on 13:10 - Oct 6 by BlueBadger

I see Sunk is already making ominous noises about needing to 'balance the books' as well.

We all know what that means. Top-rate tax cuts and funding cuts for everyone else.

Spoiler alert - he'll leave it for the next government to sort out, probably leaving a Reggie Maudling 'sorry there's no money left' note for Anneliese Dodds.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Massive green energy overhaul and 5% mortgages?! on 13:35 - Oct 6 with 1441 viewsBlueBadger

Massive green energy overhaul and 5% mortgages?! on 13:31 - Oct 6 by factual_blue

Spoiler alert - he'll leave it for the next government to sort out, probably leaving a Reggie Maudling 'sorry there's no money left' note for Anneliese Dodds.

I've got to say, I will sh1t myself laughing if Starmer runs with blaming the Tories for the next recession.

Although in all fairness, with a 'blue passports and no foreigners' Brexit looming he'll have more grounds for doing it than Call Me Dave did.

Massive green energy overhaul and 5% mortgages?! on 13:37 - Oct 6 with 1424 viewsbluelagos

Massive green energy overhaul and 5% mortgages?! on 13:08 - Oct 6 by BlueBadger

I'll wait for them to deliver.

Ambition looks fine, but is worth sfa if the usual incompetence from this shower means they don't deliver on it.

I know what my money is on.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Massive green energy overhaul and 5% mortgages?! on 13:37 - Oct 6 with 1423 viewsRyorry

Massive green energy overhaul and 5% mortgages?! on 13:31 - Oct 6 by factual_blue

I'd be happy enough with a "next government" right now!!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Login to get fewer ads

Massive green energy overhaul and 5% mortgages?! on 13:56 - Oct 6 with 1370 viewsDarth_Koont

I’ll also give the Tories credit for being shrewd politicians and by capitalizing on others’ policy suggestions and social movements.

They know that they need to do far more for the young (or at least to appeal to them) and these measures make sense. Meanwhile they’ve already showed signs of co-opting Laurence Fox’s culture war manoeuvres to bolster their right wing and fend off the deeper systemic issues.

Labour have ceded the ground on both scores. As well as being the party of tepid support and abstention in Westminster.

Good times.

Pronouns: He/Him

Massive green energy overhaul and 5% mortgages?! on 14:02 - Oct 6 with 1344 viewsRyorry

Massive green energy overhaul and 5% mortgages?! on 13:56 - Oct 6 by Darth_Koont

I’ll also give the Tories credit for being shrewd politicians and by capitalizing on others’ policy suggestions and social movements.

They know that they need to do far more for the young (or at least to appeal to them) and these measures make sense. Meanwhile they’ve already showed signs of co-opting Laurence Fox’s culture war manoeuvres to bolster their right wing and fend off the deeper systemic issues.

Labour have ceded the ground on both scores. As well as being the party of tepid support and abstention in Westminster.

Good times.

Quite, re your first 1.5 paragraphs - they're certainly not doing it out of the goodness of their hearts or real concern for the environment.

Massive green energy overhaul and 5% mortgages?! on 14:10 - Oct 6 with 1311 viewsDarth_Koont

Massive green energy overhaul and 5% mortgages?! on 14:02 - Oct 6 by Ryorry

Quite, re your first 1.5 paragraphs - they're certainly not doing it out of the goodness of their hearts or real concern for the environment.

Indeed.

If the Tories are to be judged on their actions over 40+ years rather than the disposable words of a party conference, these are blocks to genuine change and about defending the existing direction of travel. While gaining gullible electoral support at the same time.

Pronouns: He/Him

Massive green energy overhaul and 5% mortgages?! on 14:12 - Oct 6 with 1302 viewshype313

Good to hear, but just shows the complete lack of party ideology they have, essentially they plagerise other parties ideas that fit certain narratives when it suits them.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Massive green energy overhaul and 5% mortgages?! on 14:23 - Oct 6 with 1275 viewsTangledupin_Blue

Boris Johnson promises are a very weak currency, virtually worthless. Like others I will wait for delivery before getting excited.

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

Massive green energy overhaul and 5% mortgages?! on 15:27 - Oct 6 with 1181 viewsjaykay

Massive green energy overhaul and 5% mortgages?! on 13:37 - Oct 6 by bluelagos

I'll wait for them to deliver.

Ambition looks fine, but is worth sfa if the usual incompetence from this shower means they don't deliver on it.

I know what my money is on.

i don't believe any thing ' this ' tory government says. if they told me ipswich play at portman rd ,i wouldn't believe them
edit 'this' should be read any

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Massive green energy overhaul and 5% mortgages?! on 06:46 - Oct 7 with 1035 viewsHARRY10

Massive green energy overhaul and 5% mortgages?! on 14:12 - Oct 6 by hype313

Good to hear, but just shows the complete lack of party ideology they have, essentially they plagerise other parties ideas that fit certain narratives when it suits them.

Empty words just as with the much vaunted Operation Moonshot (Bullsht) that has disappeared as quickly as it came. The bold plan, already drafted, for the Care system announced by this buffoon when he became PM (July 2019) and yet to see the light of day.

The world beating 'track and trace' system. The hundreds of millions wasted on OneWeb (rival to EUs Galileo).

The 50, new nurse and 20, extra police (where they ?). Even the nonsense about the 40 new hospitals *

Further nonsense about wind power would "require a new turbine to be installed everyday throughout the 2020s".

As much pie in the sky lunacy as his guff about mortgages Explained here

https://www.theguardian.com/money/2020/oct/06/lenders-left-wondering-how-pms-hom

His whole political career has been based on promising the earth and delivering far call, leaving in its wake hundreds of millions of pounds in wasted money. Yesterday's speech was little more than an acknowledgement of the mess previous Tory governments have made of both housing and renewable energy

Both those problems can only seriously be addressed by those who understand why we are having problems - not some windbag trying to wriggle his way out of any responsibility for his part in causing those problems.

Only a complete idiot would not have seen through his latest round of lies and false promises.

* https://keepournhspublic.com/40-new-hospitals-fact-vs-fiction/
Massive green energy overhaul and 5% mortgages?! on 06:51 - Oct 7 with 1028 viewsElderGrizzly

He promised £160m for wind power? Industry says it will cost £50bn for what he announced.
Massive green energy overhaul and 5% mortgages?! on 07:33 - Oct 7 with 990 viewsHARRY10

Massive green energy overhaul and 5% mortgages?! on 06:51 - Oct 7 by ElderGrizzly

He promised £160m for wind power? Industry says it will cost £50bn for what he announced.

Johnson's words should be seen in the context of this reality

"Close to half of affordable homes in some of the most expensive areas of England will not be built if ministers proceed with planning reforms, analysis by councils suggests"

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/oct/07/up-to-30000-affordable-houses-t
Massive green energy overhaul and 5% mortgages?! on 08:12 - Oct 7 with 944 viewsDanTheMan

Massive green energy overhaul and 5% mortgages?! on 06:51 - Oct 7 by ElderGrizzly

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2020/oct/06/powering-all-uk-homes-via-of

Reading this, it sounds like the £160m is for the ports, with the majority of the money for these wind farms coming from private sources.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Massive green energy overhaul and 5% mortgages?! on 08:47 - Oct 7 with 897 viewsgiant_stow

Massive green energy overhaul and 5% mortgages?! on 13:35 - Oct 6 by BlueBadger

I've got to say, I will sh1t myself laughing if Starmer runs with blaming the Tories for the next recession.

Although in all fairness, with a 'blue passports and no foreigners' Brexit looming he'll have more grounds for doing it than Call Me Dave did.

I see Len McCluskey has fired a warning shot over the bows of Starmer. Can only be good news for real working people (as opposed to the narrow interest group he represents).

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Massive green energy overhaul and 5% mortgages?! on 12:56 - Oct 7 with 767 viewsRyorry

And meanwhile, this is allowed to go ahead - which was within the power of central govt. to halt -

Massive green energy overhaul and 5% mortgages?! on 00:59 - Oct 8 with 679 viewsmonytowbray

Massive green energy overhaul and 5% mortgages?! on 12:56 - Oct 7 by Ryorry

And meanwhile, this is allowed to go ahead - which was within the power of central govt. to halt -

Well, I tried to give them credit, I really did. But I always forget the sh1tshow has many obvious and expected twists!

TWTD never forgets…

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024