Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
5 wins and a draw 17:15 - Oct 17 with 2645 viewsnoggin

and still people having a dig at Lambert. 🤷‍♂️

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

To be fair, he played..... on 17:22 - Oct 17 with 2177 viewsBloots

....Alan Judge as a centre forward for 45 minutes.

Correcting your own mistakes shouldn't really be hailed as a tactical masterclass.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

To be fair, he played..... on 17:27 - Oct 17 with 2144 viewsurbanblue

To be fair, he played..... on 17:22 - Oct 17 by Bloots

Correcting your own mistakes shouldn't really be hailed as a tactical masterclass.

I think the management team should get credit for getting the best out of more then one player who some of us had all but written off though. Look at Nsiala, Wilson and Edwards now for example. Even Kenlock has looked a lot better last couple of games.

Credit where credit is due.
To be fair, he played..... on 17:28 - Oct 17 with 2143 viewsFixed_It

You try things and then change things if they don't work. It's what managers do - especially when forced into a change of personnel.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

To be fair, he played..... on 17:28 - Oct 17 with 2135 viewsnoggin

2-0 Go to the fridge, crack open a beer and try to relax.

To be fair, he played..... on 17:36 - Oct 17 with 2113 viewsDyland

To be fair, he played..... on 17:28 - Oct 17 by Fixed_It

You try things and then change things if they don't work. It's what managers do - especially when forced into a change of personnel.

It's simple Fixers. Even I could see where they were playing to begin with was not right and they should be played as per the change. And I really don't know much. That is why I remain very skeptical of Lambert, notwithstanding our start to this campaign, and contrary to Fishers trolling our performances and how we try and play IS a lot better than last season where we were winning but looked disjointed most of the time. So fair play to Lambert on the consistency but he has fook all credit in the bank. Let's see how we get on.

COYFB

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

To be fair, he played..... on 17:40 - Oct 17 with 2070 viewsgordon

To be fair, he played..... on 17:36 - Oct 17 by Dyland

It's simple Fixers. Even I could see where they were playing to begin with was not right and they should be played as per the change. And I really don't know much. That is why I remain very skeptical of Lambert, notwithstanding our start to this campaign, and contrary to Fishers trolling our performances and how we try and play IS a lot better than last season where we were winning but looked disjointed most of the time. So fair play to Lambert on the consistency but he has fook all credit in the bank. Let's see how we get on.

COYFB

It's definitely better than last year, but for me he still makes mistakes that a half-decent manager just wouldn't, and I'd be pretty shocked if he doesn't mess it all up again. Can't really see what reason there is to think otherwise.
I’m perfectly relaxed young man.... on 17:40 - Oct 17 with 2067 viewsBloots

To be fair, he played..... on 17:28 - Oct 17 by noggin

2-0 Go to the fridge, crack open a beer and try to relax.

....we won, so all is good with me.

Edwards is going to keep Bale out of the Wales team for the next two years.

Top of the league.

Lambert out.

COYFBs.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

To be fair, he played..... on 17:40 - Oct 17 with 2059 viewsbackwaywhen

COYFB

Bang on ... very inept in tactics , that front 3 stare tend arse about face , WHY !!!!!
Great win after a Lambert blunder .
COYBs
Login to get fewer ads

To be fair, he played..... on 17:41 - Oct 17 with 2054 viewsjeera

But to be fair Fixers, that is what he did and it was working.

So it's not unreasonable for people to look on and wonder why he's changing it about again when it's going well.

Even Mills said just leave Edwards where he's most comfortable.

We've seen it many times over the years, where fans think a player is sh1t even though he's doing the best he can stuck somewhere he'd rather not be. Lo and behold their game comes together once played in their preferred position.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

5 wins and a draw on 17:41 - Oct 17 with 2056 viewsNthsuffolkblue

For "people" do you mean "BlueFish" who is still insisting that Edwards (top scorer in the league despite not being a striker) is rubbish.

I am not sure why anyone continues to reply to fishers!

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

5 wins and a draw on 17:45 - Oct 17 with 2014 viewsTheBoyBlue

The only thing bar injuries that should stop this team going up is mismanagement and that placing of the front three was mismanagement. He musn't try to be clever like last season.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

To be fair, he played..... on 17:48 - Oct 17 with 1981 viewsIpswichBoyBlue

But not being arrogant enough to change it was.
5 wins and a draw on 17:50 - Oct 17 with 1944 viewsnoggin

5 wins and a draw on 17:45 - Oct 17 by TheBoyBlue

The only thing bar injuries that should stop this team going up is mismanagement and that placing of the front three was mismanagement. He musn't try to be clever like last season.

I'm sure Sunderland, Hull, Pompey and Perterborough fans are saying the same.

5 wins and a draw on 17:52 - Oct 17 with 1921 viewsNthsuffolkblue

5 wins and a draw on 17:45 - Oct 17 by TheBoyBlue

I am not sure it was him trying to be clever as much as reacting the fact Hawkins was missing. He gave it a chance (OK not wise and we wonder what he was thinking) but he then realised it wasn't working and changed it. All managers will make mistakes at times but he has done fine so far this season with a fair number of players made unavailable to him.

The next couple of months are really important for us to continue this momentum and I can understand the apprehension after last season but we have a good foundation at the moment.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

To be fair, he played..... on 18:06 - Oct 17 with 1858 viewshomer_123

Agreed. No one is perfect. At least he did recognise it wasn't working.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

To be fair, he played..... on 18:10 - Oct 17 with 1833 viewsSwansea_Blue

To be fair, he played..... on 17:27 - Oct 17 by urbanblue

I think the management team should get credit for getting the best out of more then one player who some of us had all but written off though. Look at Nsiala, Wilson and Edwards now for example. Even Kenlock has looked a lot better last couple of games.

Credit where credit is due.

It was all so believable up to Kenlock. I feel duped
[Post edited 17 Oct 2020 18:10]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

To be fair, he played..... on 18:13 - Oct 17 with 1817 viewsSwansea_Blue

COYFB

There's a strong suspicion they're playing better despite him isn't there? That could well be too harsh but, as you say, some decisions are obviously wrong even to us ignoramuses.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

5 wins and a draw on 18:16 - Oct 17 with 1803 viewsTheBoyBlue

5 wins and a draw on 17:52 - Oct 17 by Nthsuffolkblue

I am not sure it was him trying to be clever as much as reacting the fact Hawkins was missing. He gave it a chance (OK not wise and we wonder what he was thinking) but he then realised it wasn't working and changed it. All managers will make mistakes at times but he has done fine so far this season with a fair number of players made unavailable to him.

The next couple of months are really important for us to continue this momentum and I can understand the apprehension after last season but we have a good foundation at the moment.

So made a mistake that was obvious to us who are mere fans, but eventually rectified it? Not sure I'm reassured by that.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

5 wins and a draw on 18:52 - Oct 17 with 1707 viewsPendejo

Work in progress, results due May 2021.

Past performance no guarantee of future success. Investments can go down as well as up etc.

Where were we in the league this time last season? Where did we finish?

As long as I can watch EFL on Quest I'm happy, I can only watch when we don't lose. I hope PRP gets us promoted in successive seasons and gets a crack at EPL I really do... til then it's one game at a time.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

To be fair, he played..... on 20:08 - Oct 17 with 1600 viewsBlueBadger

Judge 'hasn't worked' since he arrived. God only knows why he still keeps trying to shoehorn him in.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

To be fair, he played..... on 23:43 - Oct 17 with 1474 viewsBlueBadger

To be fair, he played..... on 18:13 - Oct 17 by Swansea_Blue

There's a strong suspicion they're playing better despite him isn't there? That could well be too harsh but, as you say, some decisions are obviously wrong even to us ignoramuses.

I'm only half-joking when I say that Marcus Evans is clearly a better football manager than him because it took him stepping in over the summer to say 'stop dicking about with the team' to actually get him to do it.

Mind you, he still insists on picking Judge.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

To be fair, he played..... on 23:49 - Oct 17 with 1453 viewsBlueBadger

To be fair, he played..... on 18:06 - Oct 17 by homer_123

Agreed. No one is perfect. At least he did recognise it wasn't working.

Thing is, most of us could recognise that playing the one-paced statless messiah up front as a centre forward wouldn't work a week before the game, never mind 45 minutes into a football match.

5 wins and a draw on 08:37 - Oct 18 with 1267 viewsITFC_Forever

Yes, because he shouldn’t be here.

He’s still on very fragile ground in repairing and rebuilding his credit with Town fans.
[Post edited 18 Oct 2020 8:38]

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

To be fair, he played..... on 09:02 - Oct 18 with 1208 viewsChrisd

Exactly, think of the moaning on here by certain posters if PL had just left AJ in that striker role for the second half yesterday. Naturally, what has happened at our club over the last couple of seasons under PL hasn't been good enough and that's where the frustrations truly lie, but give the man credit when things haven't worked and he's changed things around to get the result. It just seems there are those just itching for PL to fail, which is rather sad really.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

5 wins and a draw on 09:09 - Oct 18 with 1193 viewsBarneycurley

5 wins and a draw on 17:50 - Oct 17 by noggin

I'm sure Sunderland, Hull, Pompey and Perterborough fans are saying the same.

So true, in the grand scheme of things a provincial town in East Anglia have no god given right to be in any league. We as much as I hate to say it live of our past sometimes

Poll: Last nights obv lling of Evans are him and bluefish ever seen in the same room?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024