Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The kids have to realise it's a job not a hobby 22:32 - Nov 24 with 1135 viewsDinnernotTea

What the hell does even mean the piece of sht.

Beware of The Ipswich Cabbages

The kids have to realise it's a job not a hobby on 22:43 - Nov 24 with 1082 viewshomer_123

Lambert's comments from EADT by homer_123 24 Nov 2020 22:41
Tonight our senior pros needed to step up. Judge, Sears, Huws, Holy, Chambers and Ward didn't.

Norwood did.

Having a pop at the younger players is fine if he can hold his senior pros up as an example. It rather misses the point when said senior pros are consistently poor.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

The kids have to realise it's a job not a hobby on 22:47 - Nov 24 with 1040 viewsChrisd

I have to ask, do our senior pros know that too?

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

The kids have to realise it's a job not a hobby on 23:05 - Nov 24 with 962 viewsquirkie

Daft things is, he is the one stealing a living at the moment.

Poll: How long will we be in League One/League Two from next season?

The kids have to realise it's a job not a hobby on 23:24 - Nov 24 with 909 viewsMrTown

Everyone needs to know that, kids included yes, senior pros likewise.

That isn’t helped by the fact we train as much as a semi-pro outfit. Every Tuesday / Thursday evening at Whitton Sports Centre, we look such a poorly coached outfit.

Manager reels off that about the kids, but I’m certain it’s his job to ensure that all realise this is professional football!

And IIRC correctly he said the exact same thing last year when things when sour, I think it might have been post Lincoln, well what has he done in 12 months to rectify this soft touch/easy ride feel to Ipswich.

Came in to this club telling us so much was wrong with it, over 2 years later, I see no solutions on or off the pitch, madness he’s still in a job.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

The kids have to realise it's a job not a hobby on 23:30 - Nov 24 with 887 viewsMattinLondon

He’s saying things simply to make excuses.
The kids have to realise it's a job not a hobby on 23:41 - Nov 24 with 850 viewsTieDyedIn95

He's not wrong - but that applies to the owner, O'Neill, him, the coaching staff, the physios, the first team, the youth team and so on.

It's a total shambles from top to bottom which won't be fixed by a new manager.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

The kids have to realise it's a job not a hobby on 23:43 - Nov 24 with 840 viewsPinewoodblue

The trouble is if you treat it as just a job you shrug your shoulders and move on and everyone is excused as it was just a bad day in the office. That isn't how a well managed football club works, poor performances are supposed to hurt.

You certainly don't pick on junior members of your team and single them out for comment.

Bottom line is Lambert just isn't good enough.

Next game is interesting Charlton, on a good run, soundly beaten by the bottom club conceding four. Two managers needing to turn things around I'm sorry but I have no faith that Paul Lambert is up to the challenge.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

The kids have to realise it's a job not a hobby on 23:52 - Nov 24 with 813 viewsBlueBadger

It would be quite nice if the manager could treat his job like a job and not like a game of Football Manager in which all he does is pick the team and do the pressers.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Login to get fewer ads

The kids have to realise it's a job not a hobby on 07:21 - Nov 25 with 631 views26_Paz

I’m defending him because last night was dreadful but it did annoy me how some of them were smiling and fist bumping at the end ... kind of see where he’s coming from with this one

The Paz Man

The kids have to realise it's a job not a hobby on 07:24 - Nov 25 with 616 viewsgordon

The kids have to realise it's a job not a hobby on 07:21 - Nov 25 by 26_Paz

I’m defending him because last night was dreadful but it did annoy me how some of them were smiling and fist bumping at the end ... kind of see where he’s coming from with this one

Where he's coming from, is 'say anything that pops into my head to shift the blame for this mess.'
The kids have to realise it's a job not a hobby on 07:31 - Nov 25 with 587 viewsTractorWood

To me it's up there with O'Neill's 'the human body was not meant to play football'.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Stop playing kids then on 10:11 - Nov 25 with 455 viewssotd78

The boy McGuinness up against experienced ex-Championship strikers. FFS.
Two old boys at full back - one of them should have been in the middle - calling the game.

How to make a shambles out of a mess.

Blue shirts/white shorts - sotd78

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024