Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I see that Burnleys takeover has been completed......good luck to them. 10:57 - Dec 31 with 1632 viewsbobbyramsey

Do you remember the sheer excitement and optimism that greeted ME's takeover of ITFC?

How the fk could he have got it so spectacularly wrong, how can you pump millions and millions into a club and then actually watch it decline. The incompetence has been phenomenal.

Just watch Burnley fly...........
[Post edited 31 Dec 2020 10:59]
I see that Burnleys takeover has been completed......good luck to them. on 11:39 - Dec 31 with 1556 viewsbournemouthblue

Unfortunately I think Evans hoped to get us to the Premier League quickly, benefit from the sporting ties for the Olympics and the sell us on

His initial investment was generous but it has steadily declined before eventually just deciding the club should run under it's own keel

I can't see us progressing under Evans, there's little evidence to suggest we are likely to turn things around anytime soon

There are far smaller clubs than us who appear to be far better run and we'll be competing with many of them if we don't get out act together before too long!

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

I see that Burnleys takeover has been completed......good luck to them. on 13:22 - Dec 31 with 1480 viewsmonty_radio

I see that Burnleys takeover has been completed......good luck to them. on 11:39 - Dec 31 by bournemouthblue

Unfortunately I think Evans hoped to get us to the Premier League quickly, benefit from the sporting ties for the Olympics and the sell us on

His initial investment was generous but it has steadily declined before eventually just deciding the club should run under it's own keel

I can't see us progressing under Evans, there's little evidence to suggest we are likely to turn things around anytime soon

There are far smaller clubs than us who appear to be far better run and we'll be competing with many of them if we don't get out act together before too long!

Burnley are exactly one of those smaller clubs with a population 50 thousand less than ours, and also surrounded by other competing clubs, unlike ourselves

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

I see that Burnleys takeover has been completed......good luck to them. on 14:19 - Dec 31 with 1450 viewsRegencyBlue

I see that Burnleys takeover has been completed......good luck to them. on 11:39 - Dec 31 by bournemouthblue

In short he was a chancer who thought he saw an opportunity to make money out of a football club, failed spectacularly, and didn’t have a plan B.

Couldn’t agree more!!
I see that Burnleys takeover has been completed......good luck to them. on 00:53 - Jan 1 with 1307 viewsMattinLondon

How could he get it do wrong? Firstly by ripping out the clubs infrastructure and replacing it with himself and his yes-men.
I see that Burnleys takeover has been completed......good luck to them. on 08:48 - Jan 1 with 1218 viewsChurchman

Unfortunately, there is a world of difference between owners like those of Leicester City who really want to do something for the club and community and ‘let’s make a quick buck’ merchants like Evans. He came here to hoover a quick profit and through spectacular incompetence and disinterest failed. The club is rotting under him and I suspect his only interest is the effect on his portfolio.
I see that Burnleys takeover has been completed......good luck to them. on 10:48 - Jan 1 with 1148 viewschrismakin

sadly, can't see Evans pushing the boundries to get us up anytime soon, league 1 is now perfect for him, salary cap etc, just stick to his usual annual 'save the club' direct debit and he can just sit back and relax.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

I see that Burnleys takeover has been completed......good luck to them. on 10:51 - Jan 1 with 1148 viewsStokieBlue

I see that Burnleys takeover has been completed......good luck to them. on 10:48 - Jan 1 by chrismakin

sadly, can't see Evans pushing the boundries to get us up anytime soon, league 1 is now perfect for him, salary cap etc, just stick to his usual annual 'save the club' direct debit and he can just sit back and relax.

What boundaries can he push to get us promoted?

We are already maxing out everything allowed in this division. Rather than "push boundaries" he finally needs to make a sensible managerial appointment.

Although with players back after the covid cancellations PL can probably string enough wins together despite himself to keep ME happy.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

I see that Burnleys takeover has been completed......good luck to them. on 10:56 - Jan 1 with 1142 viewsPinewoodblue

I see that Burnleys takeover has been completed......good luck to them. on 10:51 - Jan 1 by StokieBlue

We are already maxing out everything allowed in this division. Rather than "push boundaries" he finally needs to make a sensible managerial appointment.

Although with players back after the covid cancellations PL can probably string enough wins together despite himself to keep ME happy.

SB

Fitness is our biggest short term problem. Players will have gone a month without a competitive game and we now faces 5-6 weeks of playing Saturday - Tuesday.

A lot is going to depend on individual players looking after themselves and keeping as fit as possible.

It is also of course Lamberts excuse when we start picking up injuries.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Login to get fewer ads

I see that Burnleys takeover has been completed......good luck to them. on 11:15 - Jan 1 with 1120 viewschrismakin

I see that Burnleys takeover has been completed......good luck to them. on 10:51 - Jan 1 by StokieBlue

SB

sorry rather than boundries i perhaps should say spend more on certain things that would help

The lack of proper budget for sports science and physio's is shocking for a prof club, and results in no offence to anyone in the role, but people who suit that level of funding.

he certainly could have provided more funds for transfers over the years, we saw with Mick and 'that' jan window, the one which prob would have got us up, but nothing was on the table etc

he's very good at putting in the minimal needed to keep the club afloat without doing what's actually needed to make the club anything more than it is

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

I see that Burnleys takeover has been completed......good luck to them. on 13:57 - Jan 1 with 1055 viewsChurchman

SB

I agree with you regarding managerial appointments and players wages, but he could do something about the infrastructure of the club, from facilities to fitness coach.

A tin of paint for the portacabin (probably a discounted one), is hardly more than the barest minimum. It was noticeable that when FFP in the championship came in, instead of working the rules to best advantage, or ignoring them as most did, I believe Evans effectively hid behind them to keep costs to the barest minimum. That is the only plan he appears to have. His ambition for the club is I think zero because basically he’s not interested in it.
I see that Burnleys takeover has been completed......good luck to them. on 14:31 - Jan 1 with 1026 viewsPinewoodblue

I see that Burnleys takeover has been completed......good luck to them. on 13:57 - Jan 1 by Churchman

I agree with you regarding managerial appointments and players wages, but he could do something about the infrastructure of the club, from facilities to fitness coach.

A tin of paint for the portacabin (probably a discounted one), is hardly more than the barest minimum. It was noticeable that when FFP in the championship came in, instead of working the rules to best advantage, or ignoring them as most did, I believe Evans effectively hid behind them to keep costs to the barest minimum. That is the only plan he appears to have. His ambition for the club is I think zero because basically he’s not interested in it.

Didn’t Roy Keane say something similar when he was appointed? Seem to remember Marcus Evans that in board and gave Roy wanted, apart from adding Brendan Rodgers to the payroll.*

* Probably his biggest mistake.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

I see that Burnleys takeover has been completed......good luck to them. on 14:36 - Jan 1 with 1015 viewsJ2BLUE

No not good luck to them. As much as they are a decent club who have done things the right way, it's another club with investment who are going to push us further down the pyramid.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

I see that Burnleys takeover has been completed......good luck to them. on 12:51 - Jan 2 with 845 viewsArnoldMoorhen

I see that Burnleys takeover has been completed......good luck to them. on 14:31 - Jan 1 by Pinewoodblue

Didn’t Roy Keane say something similar when he was appointed? Seem to remember Marcus Evans that in board and gave Roy wanted, apart from adding Brendan Rodgers to the payroll.*

* Probably his biggest mistake.

I think Rodgers turned down the "opportunity" to be our Assistant Manager as he felt that he was ready for management himself.
I see that Burnleys takeover has been completed......good luck to them. on 13:23 - Jan 2 with 814 viewsSwansea_Blue

I see that Burnleys takeover has been completed......good luck to them. on 12:51 - Jan 2 by ArnoldMoorhen

I think Rodgers turned down the "opportunity" to be our Assistant Manager as he felt that he was ready for management himself.

If I remember rightly, he was on the point of joining us and then another opportunity came up for him to get back into management. I believe he was interested in us and had been in the building to sort out arrangements.

I may not be remembering rightly of course!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

I see that Burnleys takeover has been completed......good luck to them. on 17:57 - Jan 2 with 768 viewsblueconscience

Didn’t think anyone bought football clubs anymore

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024