Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Covid Morons part 2574857 15:06 - Jan 13 with 3614 viewshomer_123

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-coventry-warwickshire-55648546

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Covid Morons part 2574857 on 16:53 - Jan 13 with 1730 viewsSarge

I wonder how many people he infected whilst driving around in his car by himself.
Covid Morons part 2574857 on 16:55 - Jan 13 with 1717 viewsSpruceMoose

Covid Morons part 2574857 on 16:53 - Jan 13 by Sarge

I wonder how many people he infected whilst driving around in his car by himself.

Depends. Did he stop for petrol? A drink? Did he have to walk in a public area to get to where his car was parked? Did he get out of his car at any point?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Covid Morons part 2574857 on 17:01 - Jan 13 with 1697 viewsfooters

Covid Morons part 2574857 on 16:55 - Jan 13 by SpruceMoose

Depends. Did he stop for petrol? A drink? Did he have to walk in a public area to get to where his car was parked? Did he get out of his car at any point?

You can't put a price on a wild Jigglypuff.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Covid Morons part 2574857 on 17:03 - Jan 13 with 1686 viewsSpruceMoose

Covid Morons part 2574857 on 17:01 - Jan 13 by footers

You can't put a price on a wild Jigglypuff.

How come yo mamma charged me £25 then?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Covid Morons part 2574857 on 17:04 - Jan 13 with 1680 viewsfooters

Covid Morons part 2574857 on 17:03 - Jan 13 by SpruceMoose

How come yo mamma charged me £25 then?

Textbook.

Covid Morons part 2574857 on 17:05 - Jan 13 with 1675 viewsStokieBlue

Covid Morons part 2574857 on 16:53 - Jan 13 by Sarge

Nearly 1600 deaths today.

Probably best to not encourage breaking the spirit of the rules (or even the actual rules given this isn't local exercise).

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Covid Morons part 2574857 on 17:06 - Jan 13 with 1665 viewsSarge

I hope not as we know from the Derbyshire school of policing that having a drink on you constitutes a picnic which is a whole different crime.
Covid Morons part 2574857 on 17:08 - Jan 13 with 1654 viewsjeera

Feck all that.

It's an adult playing Pokemon.

He deserves fining.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Login to get fewer ads

Covid Morons part 2574857 on 17:08 - Jan 13 with 1647 viewsSpruceMoose

Covid Morons part 2574857 on 17:06 - Jan 13 by Sarge

I hope not as we know from the Derbyshire school of policing that having a drink on you constitutes a picnic which is a whole different crime.

I'm not one to defend the police in general, but it's not really their fault that a fair few folk are of the mind that rules and limits are there to be tested and circumnavigated. I imagine a number of less egregious actions will unfortunately be caught in the crossfire.

Covid Morons part 2574857 on 17:11 - Jan 13 with 1637 viewsfooters

Covid Morons part 2574857 on 17:08 - Jan 13 by jeera

Feck all that.

It's an adult playing Pokemon.

He deserves fining.

I'm just glad the police managed to Ketchum.

Covid Morons part 2574857 on 17:12 - Jan 13 with 1633 viewsSarge

Covid Morons part 2574857 on 17:05 - Jan 13 by StokieBlue

Probably best to not encourage breaking the spirit of the rules (or even the actual rules given this isn't local exercise).

SB

The rules are there to reduce cases and deaths. Given this likelihood of this kind of activity contributing to those things is a whisker above zero, it hardly seems fair to lump him in with and fine him the same as the cretins attending anti lockdown demos imo.

Then again the police are supposed to be following the 4 E’s method so perhaps he didn’t listen to the first 3 in which case it’s his own fault.
[Post edited 13 Jan 2021 17:13]
Covid Morons part 2574857 on 17:14 - Jan 13 with 1624 viewsjeera

Covid Morons part 2574857 on 17:06 - Jan 13 by Sarge

Although they have backtracked on that and rescinded the fines, even issuing an apology.

I was concerned to learn that only a few days ago a friend of my mum's was turned away from a meadow by police where she walks her dogs every day.

She's almost 90 and doesn't drive so it is fair to say she was definitely 'local'. Even uses the local shop which does, by default, only serve locals.

It does seem some coppers aren't getting the hang of this.

Covid Morons part 2574857 on 17:16 - Jan 13 with 1607 viewsStokieBlue

Covid Morons part 2574857 on 17:12 - Jan 13 by Sarge

The rules are there to reduce cases and deaths. Given this likelihood of this kind of activity contributing to those things is a whisker above zero, it hardly seems fair to lump him in with and fine him the same as the cretins attending anti lockdown demos imo.

Then again the police are supposed to be following the 4 E’s method so perhaps he didn’t listen to the first 3 in which case it’s his own fault.
[Post edited 13 Jan 2021 17:13]

It's clearly not in the rules.

You are supposed to stay local, even if it's exercise driving 14 miles to see an imaginary creature isn't staying local.

Unless everyone gets more serious about this then things aren't going to get any better.

SB

Covid Morons part 2574857 on 17:17 - Jan 13 with 1613 viewsBlueBadger

You not annoys me most? Pre-lockdown you'd have probably never have gotten this particular flavour of grey-faced basement dweller out the house for any reason.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Covid Morons part 2574857 on 17:19 - Jan 13 with 1579 viewsBluefish

Blatantly dogging

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Covid Morons part 2574857 on 17:19 - Jan 13 with 1586 viewsSarge

Covid Morons part 2574857 on 17:14 - Jan 13 by jeera

Although they have backtracked on that and rescinded the fines, even issuing an apology.

I was concerned to learn that only a few days ago a friend of my mum's was turned away from a meadow by police where she walks her dogs every day.

She's almost 90 and doesn't drive so it is fair to say she was definitely 'local'. Even uses the local shop which does, by default, only serve locals.

Indeed although I expect that was as a result of public backlash and saving face as opposed to a genuine admission that they were wrong,

There needs to be some smart enforcement about this. People aren’t flocking to meadows (accidental sheep pun), does it really necessitate a police presence to stop people going to a large, outdoor, and likely empty place? There are some woods nearby to me but I’d have to drive 10 mins to get there. Is that less safe than me taking my daily walk around residential suburban streets? I really don’t think so.
Covid Morons part 2574857 on 17:20 - Jan 13 with 1584 viewsgainsboroughblue

Covid Morons part 2574857 on 17:16 - Jan 13 by StokieBlue

You are supposed to stay local, even if it's exercise driving 14 miles to see an imaginary creature isn't staying local.

Unless everyone gets more serious about this then things aren't going to get any better.

SB

Yep. Another record amount of deaths today. Over 80,000 in total. There is no way the final tally is going to be below six figures. What an absolutely dreadful 10-11 months.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Covid Morons part 2574857 on 17:22 - Jan 13 with 1571 viewsSpruceMoose

Covid Morons part 2574857 on 17:16 - Jan 13 by StokieBlue

SB

Indeed. Ok, it's just 14 miles. In a car. But what if his car breaks down? What if he has an accident? etc. etc. Then multiple that behaviour by everyone who sees someone else do it and thinks it ok. Chaos.

People need to stop finding reasons for why whatever they want to do is exempt from the rules. We all get it, it's an awful time right now. Every day can be hard. We are all living through it. But behaving like this will only extend it.
[Post edited 13 Jan 2021 17:24]

Covid Morons part 2574857 on 17:25 - Jan 13 with 1557 viewsbluelagos

Covid Morons part 2574857 on 17:14 - Jan 13 by jeera

They were out in Dedham asking where people were from according to an article in the local rag.

I'd stand my ground and tell them exactly where to go but am sure many will be intimidated by them into staying inside rather than exercising, in line with the existing laws.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Covid Morons part 2574857 on 17:27 - Jan 13 with 1540 viewsN2_Blue

Covid Morons part 2574857 on 17:19 - Jan 13 by Sarge

Indeed although I expect that was as a result of public backlash and saving face as opposed to a genuine admission that they were wrong,

There needs to be some smart enforcement about this. People aren’t flocking to meadows (accidental sheep pun), does it really necessitate a police presence to stop people going to a large, outdoor, and likely empty place? There are some woods nearby to me but I’d have to drive 10 mins to get there. Is that less safe than me taking my daily walk around residential suburban streets? I really don’t think so.

FFS you just don't get it do you.

So many people just seem to want to bend the rules and put their reasoning across it's no wonder we are where we are.

Can you not just accept them and get on with it.

Go drive to the woods....I'd never wish an accident on you but say some jerk crashes into you and you are in desperate need of an ambulance, good luck waiting for one, you'll be waiting a while fella!

Sorry this stuff really makes me angry!
[Post edited 13 Jan 2021 17:28]

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Covid Morons part 2574857 on 17:27 - Jan 13 with 1540 viewsbluelagos

Covid Morons part 2574857 on 17:05 - Jan 13 by StokieBlue

SB

I read more as pointing out that the police could be far better deployed atm. Driving on your own to do whatever he was doing was extremely low risk. Surely the police should be focusing on activities that are likely to cause transmissions?

Covid Morons part 2574857 on 17:28 - Jan 13 with 1520 viewsjeera

Covid Morons part 2574857 on 17:19 - Jan 13 by Sarge

No and I do have some sympathy with this.

It does of course become a different monster when you have people driving to known beauty spots which results in an inadvertent gathering, which is why the rules need to apply to everyone in that instance, as in, i.e. "I'm the only one so it's ok" doesn't wash if you're the only one because everyone else has done as they are told.

That is different to someone who lives in an area and knows there's not going to be any number of other people about.

Covid Morons part 2574857 on 17:34 - Jan 13 with 1496 viewsbluelagos

Covid Morons part 2574857 on 17:22 - Jan 13 by SpruceMoose

Indeed. Ok, it's just 14 miles. In a car. But what if his car breaks down? What if he has an accident? etc. etc. Then multiple that behaviour by everyone who sees someone else do it and thinks it ok. Chaos.

People need to stop finding reasons for why whatever they want to do is exempt from the rules. We all get it, it's an awful time right now. Every day can be hard. We are all living through it. But behaving like this will only extend it.
[Post edited 13 Jan 2021 17:24]

Not saying the bloke driving for Pokemon was sensible, it clearly wasn't.

But in the scheme of things were say having a party or a rave is say 10 out of 10 for being a moron, I'd suggest this is far far further down the scale of stupid things to do. He was alone. He literally interacted with no one. Yep, he might have broken down but not sure the vitriol being thown his way is proportionate to the crime he has committed.

Covid Morons part 2574857 on 17:35 - Jan 13 with 1496 viewsStokieBlue

Covid Morons part 2574857 on 17:27 - Jan 13 by bluelagos

I read more as pointing out that the police could be far better deployed atm. Driving on your own to do whatever he was doing was extremely low risk. Surely the police should be focusing on activities that are likely to cause transmissions?

It's against the rules though. I know you don't like it or agree with me but that clearly isn't local and it's probably not exercise. The rules are stay at home.

The public interpreting what is low risk is a contributor to the situation we are in at the moment.

I make do cycling locally in London or walking around the streets or a park (if I am very lucky). I am sure he has better exercise right on his front door and he's not even claimed this was for exercise. I could get much better exercise if I drove 14 miles but I don't because everyone has to play their part.

Whilst police should be focusing on larger law breakers perhaps we should stop finding excuses for the "minor" rule breakers.

SB

Covid Morons part 2574857 on 17:36 - Jan 13 with 1481 viewsjeera

Covid Morons part 2574857 on 17:25 - Jan 13 by bluelagos

They were out in Dedham asking where people were from according to an article in the local rag.

I'd stand my ground and tell them exactly where to go but am sure many will be intimidated by them into staying inside rather than exercising, in line with the existing laws.

But again I'm not sure I have a problem with the police there. It's all in context.

People targeting a particular spot that is known to be popular is stupid the way things are, rules or nay.

But on top of that, we have seen people still driving off to Wales and the Peaks and all the rest of it and, as others keep pointing out, that can bring all sorts of complications and it does. (Another lot had to be rescued the other day - selfish pricks! All think they are flipping special until they realise they're not and cry down the phone for someone else to bail them out).

That's not the same thing as keeping to your area that you are familiar with.
[Post edited 13 Jan 2021 17:36]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024