Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Poor Derby 20:58 - Jan 13 with 2192 viewsElderGrizzly

Literally...

Poor Derby on 21:03 - Jan 13 with 2128 viewsNthsuffolkblue

If that's true and they do go into administration, it will take a colossal effort to keep them up. They could then easily go the way of Bolton.

However, I suspect the takeover is all but done and this is just scaremongering.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Poor Derby on 21:04 - Jan 13 with 2120 viewsFixed_It

Come home, Waggy!

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Poor Derby on 21:32 - Jan 13 with 2023 viewsJ2BLUE

Derby in admin would be LOL

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Poor Derby on 07:18 - Jan 14 with 1679 viewsMercian

Poor Derby. I live near Derby and their supporters are just as passionate about their club than any Ipswich fan. When Ipswich were struggling with staying afloat in the 2000s the Derby fans I know were nothing but supportive. Derby is a city that has struggled quite badly with Covid, worse than anywhere in East Anglia has experienced. The city is struggling and by extension so is their football club, badly. I promise you Derby in admin is anything but LOL.
Poor Derby on 07:59 - Jan 14 with 1601 viewsbournemouthblue

Poor Derby on 07:18 - Jan 14 by Mercian

Poor Derby. I live near Derby and their supporters are just as passionate about their club than any Ipswich fan. When Ipswich were struggling with staying afloat in the 2000s the Derby fans I know were nothing but supportive. Derby is a city that has struggled quite badly with Covid, worse than anywhere in East Anglia has experienced. The city is struggling and by extension so is their football club, badly. I promise you Derby in admin is anything but LOL.

Given the money the owner has splurged on them, including the money spent on the ground, this is staggering really

How on earth have they failed to make it back to the Premiership with the budget they have had?

For every Marcus Evans, there's a nutty owner like Derby's who is just as ineffective

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Poor Derby on 08:22 - Jan 14 with 1554 viewsMetal_Hacker

I'm pretty sure the Derby fans were very much supportive back in the 2000's the way we are now

I lived in Nottingham around the time and played football with a ton of Derby fans in and around Long Eaton...trust me , they weren't supportive

Reap what you sew me thinks

Poll: If it were one or the other

Poor Derby on 08:34 - Jan 14 with 1522 viewsHerbivore

Nah, it's pretty hilarious. If any club deserves to go into administration then it's Derby. They've been throwing cash around and overspending for years and have been one of the key drivers of the absolutely mental financial state of the Championship. It's not the fans' fault but these things rarely are. As a club they are reaping what they've sowed, hopefully.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Poor Derby on 08:52 - Jan 14 with 1475 viewsPinewoodblue

Poor Derby on 08:34 - Jan 14 by Herbivore

Nah, it's pretty hilarious. If any club deserves to go into administration then it's Derby. They've been throwing cash around and overspending for years and have been one of the key drivers of the absolutely mental financial state of the Championship. It's not the fans' fault but these things rarely are. As a club they are reaping what they've sowed, hopefully.

Derby going into administration, followed by relegation, would make Dyer and Butcher’s job next season a little more difficult.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Login to get fewer ads

Poor Derby on 08:52 - Jan 14 with 1467 viewsBluefish

Poor Derby on 08:34 - Jan 14 by Herbivore

I'm a bit torn, I know some quality Derby fans, really knowledgeable about football. One of my mates is forever sharing stuff with me about Ipswich from before I was born and he can talk you through Ipswich teams from the 70s with real appreciation of what we were.

The other side of it is the damage their approach has caused the league. Let's be clear it isn't that different to what we tried to do in the early Evans days. The big difference is that they were trying to financially outgun a bigger gap and they have done it for longer than we did. It has pushed the low stakes gambling over parachute teams to high roller level and caused the division to fracture. Buying players regularly for 5 million plus and over 10million on single players was madness and their fans lapped it up.

I think years watching the madness of forest exacerbated it but Derby were so so sure that they were going to hmspisstheleague because of Mels money. There are still lots of great fans up here that have been through thick and thin and truly love the game but money is tearing the game apart. I'm sure if the takeover happens the idiots will drown them out again. Every club has them, especially ours

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Poor Derby on 10:33 - Jan 14 with 1334 viewsPJH

Poor Derby on 08:52 - Jan 14 by Pinewoodblue

Derby going into administration, followed by relegation, would make Dyer and Butcher’s job next season a little more difficult.

Are they taking over from Rayne Wooney then?
Poor Derby on 11:19 - Jan 14 with 1255 viewsbournemouthblue

Poor Derby on 08:52 - Jan 14 by Bluefish

I'm a bit torn, I know some quality Derby fans, really knowledgeable about football. One of my mates is forever sharing stuff with me about Ipswich from before I was born and he can talk you through Ipswich teams from the 70s with real appreciation of what we were.

The other side of it is the damage their approach has caused the league. Let's be clear it isn't that different to what we tried to do in the early Evans days. The big difference is that they were trying to financially outgun a bigger gap and they have done it for longer than we did. It has pushed the low stakes gambling over parachute teams to high roller level and caused the division to fracture. Buying players regularly for 5 million plus and over 10million on single players was madness and their fans lapped it up.

I think years watching the madness of forest exacerbated it but Derby were so so sure that they were going to hmspisstheleague because of Mels money. There are still lots of great fans up here that have been through thick and thin and truly love the game but money is tearing the game apart. I'm sure if the takeover happens the idiots will drown them out again. Every club has them, especially ours

They are completely mental and it was funny to see them cock it up again and again but they are pig sick with how well Leicester are being run
[Post edited 14 Jan 2021 12:04]

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Poor Derby on 13:55 - Jan 14 with 1164 viewsJ2BLUE

Respectfully disagree. Can't think of a more deserving club to get a reality check.

The only reason I reluctantly hope they don't go into admin is so local businesses and backroom staff don't suffer.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Poor Derby on 14:21 - Jan 14 with 1123 viewsPlums

Poor Derby on 08:52 - Jan 14 by Bluefish

I’m in total agreement, I live on the west side of Nottingham and have a number of mates who are Derby fans. They’ve been fearing this coming for a while as MM’s profligacy was clearly unsustainable. As usual, it’s the fans who have to deal with the owners impact.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Poor Derby on 16:18 - Jan 14 with 987 viewsArnieM

Poor Derby on 08:22 - Jan 14 by Metal_Hacker

I'm pretty sure the Derby fans were very much supportive back in the 2000's the way we are now

I lived in Nottingham around the time and played football with a ton of Derby fans in and around Long Eaton...trust me , they weren't supportive

Reap what you sew me thinks

I’d say this is nearer the truth of how Derby fans are. I recall posting on FB about Derby and their money problems as they were at that point , which was now about 2years ago, I said they were spending ridiculous amounts of money season on season and no5 even making the play offs. That i5 didn’t surprise me they were struggling financially . I was told where to go and that I knew nothing about the game, and that their Club wasn’t spending ridiculous amounts of money......

....last laugh and all that !

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024