Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
At least Jewell and Mick had the grace to depart by their own accord 12:58 - Jan 29 with 2410 viewshype313

Just confirms the fact that Lambert knows this is essentially last chance saloon for him in club management bar, say going to somewhere like Go ahead Eagles.

He's clearly wanting to get the maximum out of his contract, because lets face it, where does he go from here?

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

At least Jewell and Mick had the grace to depart by their own accord on 13:00 - Jan 29 with 2395 viewsdavblue

550k a year, he's not going to write off 2 million, even worst case a million, if our owner is stupid enough to give him a deal that long on that money then more fool him.
At least Jewell and Mick had the grace to depart by their own accord on 13:29 - Jan 29 with 2315 viewsMonkeyAlan

He isn't going. Looking at what he has said today, about looking for recruits, Evans seems to be behind him. We are completely stuffed. Evans clearly doesn't care what the fans think. He was swayed last time over Mick. He isn't having the fans tell him what to do this time, regardless of how much money he loses. Evans is stubborn and a business man, that goes hand in hand.
At least Jewell and Mick had the grace to depart by their own accord on 13:40 - Jan 29 with 2289 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

At least Jewell and Mick had the grace to depart by their own accord on 13:00 - Jan 29 by davblue

550k a year, he's not going to write off 2 million, even worst case a million, if our owner is stupid enough to give him a deal that long on that money then more fool him.

He's not going to get £2m payout.

He's got a 1 year payout maximum, as there is a break 2 years into his contract extension.

However, he's hardly going to walk out on half a mil either.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

At least Jewell and Mick had the grace to depart by their own accord on 13:53 - Jan 29 with 2260 viewsMrTown

Can you blame him for not walking out on half a million a year, of course you can’t.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

At least Jewell and Mick had the grace to depart by their own accord on 14:42 - Jan 29 with 2215 viewsJammyDodgerrr

You would never quit a job and leave with no money, if you knew the company was considering paying you off. Pride or not - you just don't do it.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

At least Jewell and Mick had the grace to depart by their own accord on 14:58 - Jan 29 with 2196 viewsbluewark

Who says failure leads to financial ruin
At least Jewell and Mick had the grace to depart by their own accord on 15:17 - Jan 29 with 2157 viewsSamWhiteUK

At least Jewell and Mick had the grace to depart by their own accord on 13:53 - Jan 29 by MrTown

Can you blame him for not walking out on half a million a year, of course you can’t.

How do we know what he's being paid? Has it been leaked?

Whatever he's being paid, it's that amount too much
At least Jewell and Mick had the grace to depart by their own accord on 15:18 - Jan 29 with 2156 viewsitfcjoe

At least Jewell and Mick had the grace to depart by their own accord on 15:17 - Jan 29 by SamWhiteUK

How do we know what he's being paid? Has it been leaked?

Whatever he's being paid, it's that amount too much

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/huge-wage-gap-in-efl-revealed-2663302

The survey, filled in by 18 Championship outfits and 15 in the third tier, also shows that one League One manager at a ‘southern club’ is trousering £550,000 a year — it seems highly likely that boss is Paul Lambert.

That wage is almost £400,000 more than the average manager’s wage in the third tier of £182,438.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Login to get fewer ads

At least Jewell and Mick had the grace to depart by their own accord on 15:22 - Jan 29 with 2137 viewsdavblue

At least Jewell and Mick had the grace to depart by their own accord on 13:40 - Jan 29 by Marshalls_Mullet

He's not going to get £2m payout.

He's got a 1 year payout maximum, as there is a break 2 years into his contract extension.

However, he's hardly going to walk out on half a mil either.

My point is he's not going to give up a 2 million payday over the course of his contract.
At least Jewell and Mick had the grace to depart by their own accord on 15:25 - Jan 29 with 2128 viewsSwansea_Blue

In fairness to Lambert, it did take Mick well over a year to get around to it. So I'd say the Dortmund Destroyer has still got a month or two to the annual anniversary of it being obvious that he wouldn't get us seriously challenging in this league.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

At least Jewell and Mick had the grace to depart by their own accord on 16:10 - Jan 29 with 2084 viewsSamWhiteUK

At least Jewell and Mick had the grace to depart by their own accord on 15:18 - Jan 29 by itfcjoe

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/huge-wage-gap-in-efl-revealed-2663302

The survey, filled in by 18 Championship outfits and 15 in the third tier, also shows that one League One manager at a ‘southern club’ is trousering £550,000 a year — it seems highly likely that boss is Paul Lambert.

That wage is almost £400,000 more than the average manager’s wage in the third tier of £182,438.

Is it any wonder he wants to stay? Jesus Christ, what was Evans thinking? Makes the 5 year deal seem even more bizarre. I guess Evans was expecting us to get promoted. Surely this means he is well aware of how big a mistake this appointment was. He just probably doesn't want to pay him off. (I know this is not a hot take)
At least Jewell and Mick had the grace to depart by their own accord on 17:12 - Jan 29 with 2020 viewsJ2BLUE

At least Jewell and Mick had the grace to depart by their own accord on 13:29 - Jan 29 by MonkeyAlan

He isn't going. Looking at what he has said today, about looking for recruits, Evans seems to be behind him. We are completely stuffed. Evans clearly doesn't care what the fans think. He was swayed last time over Mick. He isn't having the fans tell him what to do this time, regardless of how much money he loses. Evans is stubborn and a business man, that goes hand in hand.

He isn't having the fans tell him what to do this time

We can take some of the blame for MM going, some of the for Hurst but the fans are absolutely not to blame for him handing Lambert a FIVE YEAR deal. I have never seen this site so united in collective disbelief.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

At least Jewell and Mick had the grace to depart by their own accord on 18:25 - Jan 29 with 1958 viewsistanblue

Tbf to PR Paul none of us would walk out on a 550k a year contract with no hope of ever getting such a lucrative contract ever again. The onus is fully on Evans to terminate his contract and pay up whatever needs to be paid up - he has to own his mistake in giving PL a 5 year deal.
At least Jewell and Mick had the grace to depart by their own accord on 19:00 - Jan 29 with 1927 viewsBent_double

At least Jewell and Mick had the grace to depart by their own accord on 18:25 - Jan 29 by istanblue

Tbf to PR Paul none of us would walk out on a 550k a year contract with no hope of ever getting such a lucrative contract ever again. The onus is fully on Evans to terminate his contract and pay up whatever needs to be paid up - he has to own his mistake in giving PL a 5 year deal.

Oh I would - if I was doing such a spectacularly bad job as he is!

He must be financially secure - a few million in the bank or assets, so doesn't need the money. Plus he's not doing his future job prospects any good by staying somewhere he's clearly not wanted, showing he is unable/unwilling to change, and seeing his win percentage get worse by the game.

He's only early 50's, he could go now, have a bit of a break from football, then come back to a non-league club and prove to everyone how good he his, and that's he's better than Culverhouse.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

At least Jewell and Mick had the grace to depart by their own accord on 21:11 - Jan 29 with 1861 viewsStewart27

The arrogance of the man. He’s taking the p!ss out of us fans. If I didn’t have one decent day at work in 2.5 years I’d be gone. Lambert hasn’t produced a decent result in his tenure and he has the audacity to talk about the top 2 still.

Tuesday was a disgrace. It’s sad to see how much we’ve dropped when fans classed that as a decent performance.
At least Jewell and Mick had the grace to depart by their own accord on 21:15 - Jan 29 with 1852 viewschrismakin

At least Jewell and Mick had the grace to depart by their own accord on 19:00 - Jan 29 by Bent_double

He must be financially secure - a few million in the bank or assets, so doesn't need the money. Plus he's not doing his future job prospects any good by staying somewhere he's clearly not wanted, showing he is unable/unwilling to change, and seeing his win percentage get worse by the game.

He's only early 50's, he could go now, have a bit of a break from football, then come back to a non-league club and prove to everyone how good he his, and that's he's better than Culverhouse.

There lies the problem. This is Lamberts last job

He deserves his final pay. Why?because that's what was offered to him and what he signed. The fact hes been rubbish doesnt matter hes in his right to hold out as painful as it is for us

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

At least Jewell and Mick had the grace to depart by their own accord on 21:46 - Jan 29 with 1822 viewsSwansea_Blue

At least Jewell and Mick had the grace to depart by their own accord on 21:11 - Jan 29 by Stewart27

The arrogance of the man. He’s taking the p!ss out of us fans. If I didn’t have one decent day at work in 2.5 years I’d be gone. Lambert hasn’t produced a decent result in his tenure and he has the audacity to talk about the top 2 still.

Tuesday was a disgrace. It’s sad to see how much we’ve dropped when fans classed that as a decent performance.

He’s in the job and has his boss’ backing.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

At least Jewell and Mick had the grace to depart by their own accord on 22:39 - Jan 29 with 1785 viewsThe_Last_Baron

At least Jewell and Mick had the grace to depart by their own accord on 13:00 - Jan 29 by davblue

Football managers rarely get the full contract paid up when. sacked. Usually a year, sometimes 6 months. Depends on clauses too within the contract.

I believe Liverpool are the only club who pay the value of the remaining time left on the contract when they fire the manager.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

At least Jewell and Mick had the grace to depart by their own accord on 09:52 - Jan 30 with 1665 viewsJammyDodgerrr

At least Jewell and Mick had the grace to depart by their own accord on 19:00 - Jan 29 by Bent_double

You might think you would - but you probably wouldn't. Even if you know you are bad at the job, you aren't going to walk away if the company has to pay you to leave. It makes zero sense.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024