Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
El Mizouni to Grimsby to play under Hurst (n/t) 12:29 - Jan 29 with 2180 viewsitfcjoe

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

El Mizouni to Grimsby to play under Hurst (n/t) on 12:31 - Jan 29 with 1742 viewsStokieBlue

So this is further to my point you replied to on the other thread.

Why is the club allowing these players to go out if there is someone else coming in anytime soon? Isn't it reducing the potential squad of any new manager and thus limiting their options?

I doubt we can include a clause to recall before the end of the season?

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

El Mizouni to Grimsby to play under Hurst (n/t) on 12:32 - Jan 29 with 1728 viewsDanTheMan

Just feck off Lambert please, before you do any more damage.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

El Mizouni to Grimsby to play under Hurst (n/t) on 12:33 - Jan 29 with 1709 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Wouldnt be surprised to see Hurst come in for Nydam if he is back to fitness?
[Post edited 29 Jan 2021 12:33]

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

El Mizouni to Grimsby to play under Hurst (n/t) on 12:34 - Jan 29 with 1686 viewsScuzzer

Yet we are struggling to find a decent striker. Can he be that bad?

Established 1968

El Mizouni to Grimsby to play under Hurst (n/t) on 12:34 - Jan 29 with 1693 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

El Mizouni to Grimsby to play under Hurst (n/t) on 12:31 - Jan 29 by StokieBlue

Why is the club allowing these players to go out if there is someone else coming in anytime soon? Isn't it reducing the potential squad of any new manager and thus limiting their options?

SB

Isnt there a rule that a player cant play for 3 clubs in one season?

If thats the case, a recall wouldnt be any use.

[Post edited 29 Jan 2021 12:37]

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

El Mizouni to Grimsby to play under Hurst (n/t) on 12:34 - Jan 29 with 1681 viewsKieran_Knows

El Mizouni to Grimsby to play under Hurst (n/t) on 12:34 - Jan 29 by Marshalls_Mullet

They've changed it this season to 3.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

El Mizouni to Grimsby to play under Hurst (n/t) on 12:39 - Jan 29 with 1625 viewsitfcjoe

SB

Ultimately you can only have so many first teamers - with the last 2 signings we are at 30+ which is too many when only 11 can play each game....they are already training solely with the 23s as it is as is a struggle to have more than 24-25 players in training sessions.

With the transfer window 'slamming shut' these deals just have to be done now and will have someone like Lee O'Neill looking at the long term development of the players involved

El Mizouni to Grimsby to play under Hurst (n/t) on 12:39 - Jan 29 with 1621 viewsgordon

SB

Could it just be another case of ITFC being ITFC, in that there's just no-one at the club in a position to challenge the judgement / authority of the manager, even a few days before he's out the door?
Login to get fewer ads

El Mizouni to Grimsby to play under Hurst (n/t) on 12:40 - Jan 29 with 1611 viewsurbanblue

SB

Just maybe ... All this is being approved by an incumbent?
El Mizouni to Grimsby to play under Hurst (n/t) on 12:40 - Jan 29 with 1613 viewsitfcjoe

El Mizouni to Grimsby to play under Hurst (n/t) on 12:34 - Jan 29 by Marshalls_Mullet

You can't recall outside of windows anyway so unless we let him play tomorrow and recall him on Monday can't happen anyway!

El Mizouni to Grimsby to play under Hurst (n/t) on 12:43 - Jan 29 with 1588 viewsStokieBlue

El Mizouni to Grimsby to play under Hurst (n/t) on 12:39 - Jan 29 by itfcjoe

Ultimately you can only have so many first teamers - with the last 2 signings we are at 30+ which is too many when only 11 can play each game....they are already training solely with the 23s as it is as is a struggle to have more than 24-25 players in training sessions.

With the transfer window 'slamming shut' these deals just have to be done now and will have someone like Lee O'Neill looking at the long term development of the players involved

It's tying the hands of any new manager in my opinion.

It's logical if the manager is staying, if they aren't then it's limiting the options going forward.

Any new manager might want El Mizouni in the 23 and perhaps a senior player will then be out of it and on their way out. This is taking that decision out of their hands which to me is a worry.

It could easily hint that nothing is going to change and the fans are depressed enough at the moment as it is. It could also mean nothing but it's just another message that many fans don't need.

SB
[Post edited 29 Jan 2021 12:44]

Hurst > Lambert (n/t) on 12:45 - Jan 29 with 1566 viewsBloots

TWTD Leadership Group: Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Anti-Bullying Crusader

Lambert is the incumbent. (n/t) on 12:45 - Jan 29 with 1558 viewsBloots

El Mizouni to Grimsby to play under Hurst (n/t) on 12:40 - Jan 29 by urbanblue

Just maybe ... All this is being approved by an incumbent?

TWTD Leadership Group: Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Anti-Bullying Crusader

El Mizouni to Grimsby to play under Hurst (n/t) on 12:47 - Jan 29 with 1544 viewsitfcjoe

El Mizouni to Grimsby to play under Hurst (n/t) on 12:43 - Jan 29 by StokieBlue

It's logical if the manager is staying, if they aren't then it's limiting the options going forward.

Any new manager might want El Mizouni in the 23 and perhaps a senior player will then be out of it and on their way out. This is taking that decision out of their hands which to me is a worry.

It could easily hint that nothing is going to change and the fans are depressed enough at the moment as it is. It could also mean nothing but it's just another message that many fans don't need.

SB

The whole situation is ridiculous, but I wouldn't read too much into this

El Mizouni to Grimsby to play under Hurst (n/t) on 12:48 - Jan 29 with 1538 viewsgordon

El Mizouni to Grimsby to play under Hurst (n/t) on 12:43 - Jan 29 by StokieBlue

SB

Yeah, because Lambert is basically going game to game to try and stay in a job (if he wants to stay) then for him the benefit of giving game time to someone like El Mizouni is pretty minimal; but a new manager would need to plan for the longer-term, and it would be really valuable for them to know if El Mizouni is a decent option for next season under the salary cap.
El Mizouni to Grimsby to play under Hurst (n/t) on 12:50 - Jan 29 with 1513 viewsSamWhiteUK

The same El Mizouni that was being looked at by Prem clubs, allegedly?

EDIT: Nope, Brentford I was thinking of
[Post edited 29 Jan 2021 12:51]
Lambert is the incumbent. (n/t) on 12:51 - Jan 29 with 1493 viewsurbanblue

Lambert is the incumbent. (n/t) on 12:45 - Jan 29 by Bloots

Whoops!

El Mizouni to Grimsby to play under Hurst (n/t) on 12:51 - Jan 29 with 1493 viewsStokieBlue

El Mizouni to Grimsby to play under Hurst (n/t) on 12:47 - Jan 29 by itfcjoe

The whole situation is ridiculous, but I wouldn't read too much into this

I guess we will see in about 3-4 weeks time.

If he's still here then I guess there was plenty to read into it. Obviously let's hope that isn't the case.

It's gone on too long already.

SB

El Mizouni to Grimsby to play under Hurst (n/t) on 12:54 - Jan 29 with 1459 viewsHerbivore

El Mizouni to Grimsby to play under Hurst (n/t) on 12:34 - Jan 29 by Scuzzer

Yet we are struggling to find a decent striker. Can he be that bad?

El Miz isn't a striker?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Hurst > Lambert (n/t) on 12:54 - Jan 29 with 1463 viewsDanTheMan

Hurst > Lambert (n/t) on 12:45 - Jan 29 by Bloots

The sequel to Keane Vs. Jewell that nobody asked for!

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

El Mizouni to Grimsby to play under Hurst (n/t) on 13:06 - Jan 29 with 1377 viewsBlueyandCrazy

El Mizouni to Grimsby to play under Hurst (n/t) on 12:39 - Jan 29 by itfcjoe

Yes, I suppose Lee O'Neil will consider the wider context.

Just frustrating when we would prefer to see El Miz and Dobra in and around the 1st team in preference to the seasoned pros who time and time again don't deliver.

However, maybe El Miz goes to Grimsby for a few months and comes back ready for next season under a new manager and in the first team, given a number of players will go in the summer.

Poll: Worst ever ITFC manager

Hurst > Lambert (n/t) on 13:28 - Jan 29 with 1293 viewsbringonthetractor

Hurst > Lambert (n/t) on 12:54 - Jan 29 by DanTheMan

The sequel to Keane Vs. Jewell that nobody asked for!

But Kuqi Vs. Counago is waaaaay better .....

Evans out

El Mizouni to Grimsby to play under Hurst (n/t) on 13:44 - Jan 29 with 1249 viewsKeaneish

From Cambridge to Grimsby. If I were El Miz, I’d be praying PL departs and the new manager grants me a recall. This is a hideous loan move.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

El Mizouni to Grimsby to play under Hurst (n/t) on 13:45 - Jan 29 with 1241 viewsPhilTWTD

El Mizouni to Grimsby to play under Hurst (n/t) on 12:50 - Jan 29 by SamWhiteUK

The same El Mizouni that was being looked at by Prem clubs, allegedly?

EDIT: Nope, Brentford I was thinking of
[Post edited 29 Jan 2021 12:51]

Moving on a short-term loan to Grimsby doesn't make much difference on that front, Brentford are looking at him more long term, summer interest more likely.
El Mizouni to Grimsby to play under Hurst (n/t) on 13:55 - Jan 29 with 1188 viewsMrTown

Shows no new manager on the horizon in my opinion.

El Mizouni leaving, and Will Swan in.

Manager is still being supported in the transfer market.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024