Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So why didnt ME properly back MM when we were 2nd at xmas? 21:39 - Feb 1 with 1672 viewstextbackup

is it, and don't go mad at me..... but did MM not really push that hard?

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

So why didnt ME properly back MM when we were 2nd at xmas? on 21:42 - Feb 1 with 1649 viewsWD19

I think there is potentially an argument that Mick wouldn’t have wanted to disrupt the group, or bring in someone just for the sake of it. Hindsight is a wonderful thing.
So why didnt ME properly back MM when we were 2nd at xmas? on 21:43 - Feb 1 with 1656 viewsPhilTWTD

MM was concerned about not upsetting the balance of the squad and so didn't want too much change that January. I can remember him talking about 'Rodney Marsh syndrome' at a press conference. Allied to that, we could still sign players on loan outside the window, so wasn't the need to do all business in January.

The one biggish signing which was made was Freddie Sears who was a success, unfortunately he ultimately ended up replacing David McGoldrick rather than being an additional striker due to injury.
So why didnt ME properly back MM when we were 2nd at xmas? on 21:45 - Feb 1 with 1622 viewstextbackup

So why didnt ME properly back MM when we were 2nd at xmas? on 21:43 - Feb 1 by PhilTWTD

MM was concerned about not upsetting the balance of the squad and so didn't want too much change that January. I can remember him talking about 'Rodney Marsh syndrome' at a press conference. Allied to that, we could still sign players on loan outside the window, so wasn't the need to do all business in January.

The one biggish signing which was made was Freddie Sears who was a success, unfortunately he ultimately ended up replacing David McGoldrick rather than being an additional striker due to injury.

ah cool, makes sense..... but im sure somewhere out there was an attacking midfielder the was a good egg....
we'll never know

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

So why didnt ME properly back MM when we were 2nd at xmas? on 21:51 - Feb 1 with 1571 viewsFtnfwest

So why didnt ME properly back MM when we were 2nd at xmas? on 21:43 - Feb 1 by PhilTWTD

Was that when ambrose came back on loan briefly as well (the final time) and scored at Southampton in the cup?
So why didnt ME properly back MM when we were 2nd at xmas? on 21:52 - Feb 1 with 1556 viewsSitfcB

I hate thinking back to that time.

Imagine we had managed to get automatic promotion ffs. The scenes. That season deserved promotion.

And Mick would’ve been a f’king hero to allllll!

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

So why didnt ME properly back MM when we were 2nd at xmas? on 21:52 - Feb 1 with 1559 viewsPhilTWTD

So why didnt ME properly back MM when we were 2nd at xmas? on 21:45 - Feb 1 by textbackup

ah cool, makes sense..... but im sure somewhere out there was an attacking midfielder the was a good egg....
we'll never know

He added Noel Hunt around that time, think there were others who came in on loan but we had so many loan players over that period which ones came in when tends to get blurred.
So why didnt ME properly back MM when we were 2nd at xmas? on 21:54 - Feb 1 with 1532 viewsPhilTWTD

So why didnt ME properly back MM when we were 2nd at xmas? on 21:51 - Feb 1 by Ftnfwest

Was that when ambrose came back on loan briefly as well (the final time) and scored at Southampton in the cup?

Yes, he was here most of that season, but hardly played.
So why didnt ME properly back MM when we were 2nd at xmas? on 21:55 - Feb 1 with 1506 viewsGlasgowBlue

Or “Faustino Asprilla” syndrome for posters under the age of 50.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Login to get fewer ads

Ssssshhhhh Phil on 21:56 - Feb 1 with 1490 viewsunstableblue

You’ll spoil their fantasy

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

So why didnt ME properly back MM when we were 2nd at xmas? on 21:56 - Feb 1 with 1492 viewsFtnfwest

So why didnt ME properly back MM when we were 2nd at xmas? on 21:54 - Feb 1 by PhilTWTD

Yes, he was here most of that season, but hardly played.

I guess as well you need to consider what happened to magiltons side when he was allowed to ‘strengthen’ mid season just after Marcus arrived. We didn’t exactly start struggling but a promising side was kind of stopped in its tracks a bit.
Ssssshhhhh Phil on 22:11 - Feb 1 with 1429 viewsBlueBadger

Ssssshhhhh Phil on 21:56 - Feb 1 by unstableblue

You’ll spoil their fantasy

....mate, you're still deep down harbouring the notion that Lambert is not only competent but 'technical' as well.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

So why didnt ME properly back MM when we were 2nd at xmas? on 22:15 - Feb 1 with 1402 viewsBlueBadger

So why didnt ME properly back MM when we were 2nd at xmas? on 21:52 - Feb 1 by SitfcB

I hate thinking back to that time.

Imagine we had managed to get automatic promotion ffs. The scenes. That season deserved promotion.

And Mick would’ve been a f’king hero to allllll!

But, the football IS better now?

#hmspisstheleague
#newgroundstovisit

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Ssssshhhhh Phil on 22:20 - Feb 1 with 1377 viewsunstableblue

Ssssshhhhh Phil on 22:11 - Feb 1 by BlueBadger

....mate, you're still deep down harbouring the notion that Lambert is not only competent but 'technical' as well.

Lambert is the antithesis of technical... see inability to overload opposition, transition, break the lines, keep defensive shape

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

So why didnt ME properly back MM when we were 2nd at xmas? on 22:33 - Feb 1 with 1331 viewsPhilTWTD

So why didnt ME properly back MM when we were 2nd at xmas? on 21:55 - Feb 1 by GlasgowBlue

I'm only just over 50!
So why didnt ME properly back MM when we were 2nd at xmas? on 22:44 - Feb 1 with 1289 viewsdavblue

So why didnt ME properly back MM when we were 2nd at xmas? on 21:55 - Feb 1 by GlasgowBlue

Loved Tino, always remember him from Italian football for Parma a complete maverick.

And the coat he was wearing when he signs for Newcastle, freezing cold, snowing.

You can see why they got him in as he was totally different to what they had.
Ssssshhhhh Phil on 22:48 - Feb 1 with 1276 viewsFixed_It

Ssssshhhhh Phil on 22:20 - Feb 1 by unstableblue

Lambert is the antithesis of technical... see inability to overload opposition, transition, break the lines, keep defensive shape

You've lost Badger there to be honest..

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Ssssshhhhh Phil on 23:06 - Feb 1 with 1219 viewsSeablu

Ssssshhhhh Phil on 22:48 - Feb 1 by Fixed_It

You've lost Badger there to be honest..

Actually, he’s just trotted out a load of meaningless modern football speak he doesn’t understand either.
It’s the sort of crap Sam Allardyce comes out with in a desperate attempt to prove he’s still relevant.
So why didnt ME properly back MM when we were 2nd at xmas? on 23:11 - Feb 1 with 1205 viewspointofblue

If Mick wanted someone I think Evans would have tried to sign him. Mick feared unbalancing the squad, and maybe building pressure, so we went with what we had for the most part.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

So why didnt ME properly back MM when we were 2nd at xmas? on 23:29 - Feb 1 with 1168 viewstractordownsouth

So why didnt ME properly back MM when we were 2nd at xmas? on 21:45 - Feb 1 by textbackup

we'll never know

I remember we had a loan bid accepted for Anthony Knockaert before the Norwich away game that year, but he turned us down because he didn't want to drop down to the Championship. Was very frustrating when he turned up at Brighton the next season and was one of the league’s best players.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024