Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lambert's signings 08:28 - Feb 3 with 5606 viewsHerbivore

Interesting article in the EDP today: https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-town/ipswich-town-signings-graded-7301402

A lot of people rate Lambert's transfer business as his main area of strength during his time here. When you look at how they've actually performed though they've largely been pretty toss.

It's interesting that Elder and Emmanuel are now rated as two of the best full backs in the league and gunning for promotion with Hull, when both (in different ways) were deemed not good enough for us. Just further serves to highlight that the talent of the players really isn't the main issue here.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Lambert's signings on 08:47 - Feb 3 with 3161 viewsBluefish

Haven't read it in full but the ratings seems to just chuck loads of Cs and some Fs. Hardly well thought out analysis. Bizarrely Wilson gets a B despite being a player that looks non league at best, I think he has what Edwards has had lately of suddenly forgetting all of their short comings because they are injured.

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Lambert's signings on 08:48 - Feb 3 with 3147 viewsHerbivore

Lambert's signings on 08:47 - Feb 3 by Bluefish

Haven't read it in full but the ratings seems to just chuck loads of Cs and some Fs. Hardly well thought out analysis. Bizarrely Wilson gets a B despite being a player that looks non league at best, I think he has what Edwards has had lately of suddenly forgetting all of their short comings because they are injured.

Maybe you should actually try reading it.

Lambert's signings on 08:54 - Feb 3 with 3097 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Nope, and I've challenged you on this before. What has Wilson done wrong exactly? He makes less mistakes than Toto (and even Wolfy this season). Not particularly cultured but he does the job of defending well.

To say he "looks non league at best" just shows up your ignorance about footballers again. You decided you didn't rate him before he kicked a ball for us and haven't changed your mind despite what actually happens on the pitch.

You also never did answer how Edwards was both a passenger and top scorer and top assister. I'd say it's incredible to be both of those things whilst being a passenger.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Lambert's signings on 08:54 - Feb 3 with 3083 viewsBluefish

Lambert's signings on 08:48 - Feb 3 by Herbivore

Maybe you should actually try reading it.

Fook that. Why on earth would I be interested to read people that take over 2 years to work our perhaps Lambert isn't a very good manager. Bad enough reading you lot on here. It would be like asking my 16 year old son's view on fine dining or asking for my views on fine art

Lambert's signings on 08:55 - Feb 3 with 3075 viewsHerbivore

Lambert's signings on 08:54 - Feb 3 by Bluefish

Fook that. Why on earth would I be interested to read people that take over 2 years to work our perhaps Lambert isn't a very good manager. Bad enough reading you lot on here. It would be like asking my 16 year old son's view on fine dining or asking for my views on fine art

It's like trying to educate a brick.

Lambert's signings on 08:56 - Feb 3 with 3059 viewsHerbivore

Lambert's signings on 08:54 - Feb 3 by The_Flashing_Smile

Nope, and I've challenged you on this before. What has Wilson done wrong exactly? He makes less mistakes than Toto (and even Wolfy this season). Not particularly cultured but he does the job of defending well.

To say he "looks non league at best" just shows up your ignorance about footballers again. You decided you didn't rate him before he kicked a ball for us and haven't changed your mind despite what actually happens on the pitch.

You also never did answer how Edwards was both a passenger and top scorer and top assister. I'd say it's incredible to be both of those things whilst being a passenger.

Wilson has been fine. He was a free transfer and he's rarely let us down when he's played. He's not exactly cultured but he does the basics well and doesn't make many mistakes. If Blubbers bothered reading the article he might understand why Wilson was given the rating he was given, but he wears ignorance like a badge of honour at times.

Lambert's signings on 08:58 - Feb 3 with 3032 viewsDanTheMan

Lambert's signings on 08:54 - Feb 3 by The_Flashing_Smile

For me Wilson hasn't done much wrong, but he's also not like he's played amazingly every game. He's been OK, and that's fine as I imagine he was supposed to be back up.

The fact he's one of our best signings under Lambert says more about our recruitment and / or coaching than anything else.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Lambert's signings on 09:05 - Feb 3 with 2983 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

I forgot about Simon Dawkins. What a waste of space he was!

Login to get fewer ads

Lambert's signings on 09:06 - Feb 3 with 2977 viewsHerbivore

Lambert's signings on 08:58 - Feb 3 by DanTheMan

For me Wilson hasn't done much wrong, but he's also not like he's played amazingly every game. He's been OK, and that's fine as I imagine he was supposed to be back up.

The fact he's one of our best signings under Lambert says more about our recruitment and / or coaching than anything else.

That's a fair assessment. The grading is based on how they've performed relative to the fee paid and expectations of them, and on that basis I think Wilson's grade is fair enough and he is one of Lambert's best signings overall, depressing as that is.

Lambert's signings on 09:07 - Feb 3 with 2961 viewsGarv

Lambert's signings on 09:05 - Feb 3 by The_Flashing_Smile

I forgot about Simon Dawkins. What a waste of space he was!

Possibly the funniest debut ever though, so that was good. I can't even remember why, but he definitely did something bizarre.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Lambert's signings on 09:09 - Feb 3 with 2933 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Lambert's signings on 08:56 - Feb 3 by Herbivore

Wilson has been fine. He was a free transfer and he's rarely let us down when he's played. He's not exactly cultured but he does the basics well and doesn't make many mistakes. If Blubbers bothered reading the article he might understand why Wilson was given the rating he was given, but he wears ignorance like a badge of honour at times.

I actually posted that about Wilson before reading the article... so interesting to see that Andy Warren rates him as Lamberts pound-for-pound best signing.

You're right about the badge of honour thing.

Lambert's signings on 09:14 - Feb 3 with 2894 viewsTieDyedIn95

Lambert's signings on 08:54 - Feb 3 by Bluefish

Lambert hasn't been a good manager since 2012 - everyone knows that.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

Lambert's signings on 09:15 - Feb 3 with 2882 viewsBluefish

Lambert's signings on 08:56 - Feb 3 by Herbivore

You will always be a little sore at how you have desperately gone for me over things like Lambert determined to prove me wrong yet failing and then hanging from my coat tails. Life doesn't have to be like that sweetie just accept that I know football instead of the desperation to compete

Lambert's signings on 09:15 - Feb 3 with 2879 viewsHerbivore

Lambert's signings on 09:15 - Feb 3 by Bluefish

You will always be a little sore at how you have desperately gone for me over things like Lambert determined to prove me wrong yet failing and then hanging from my coat tails. Life doesn't have to be like that sweetie just accept that I know football instead of the desperation to compete

Lolz. Triggered.

Lambert's signings on 09:15 - Feb 3 with 2869 viewsBluefish

Lambert's signings on 09:14 - Feb 3 by TieDyedIn95

You know this board shows past threads don't you?

Lambert's signings on 09:16 - Feb 3 with 2879 viewsIpswichKnight

Lambert's signings on 09:14 - Feb 3 by TieDyedIn95

Everyone apart from Marcus Evans that is!
Lambert's signings on 09:16 - Feb 3 with 2879 viewsSitfcB

EADT*

I know it’s all Archant but don’t associate us with the EDP

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Lambert's signings on 09:17 - Feb 3 with 2868 viewsSitfcB

Wilson has been solid and probably our most consistent CB when playing.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Lambert's signings on 09:17 - Feb 3 with 2864 viewsHerbivore

Lambert's signings on 09:16 - Feb 3 by SitfcB

EADT*

I know it’s all Archant but don’t associate us with the EDP

Good spot. It's all those years living north of the border.

Lambert's signings on 09:17 - Feb 3 with 2863 viewsFtnfwest

Quaners 4 goals in 16 looks pretty decent compared to what others have done since...in a lower league. That's how desperate it is i suppose.
Lambert's signings on 09:18 - Feb 3 with 2845 viewsBluefish

Lambert's signings on 09:06 - Feb 3 by Herbivore

That's a fair assessment. The grading is based on how they've performed relative to the fee paid and expectations of them, and on that basis I think Wilson's grade is fair enough and he is one of Lambert's best signings overall, depressing as that is.

Just so we are clear you think Wilson has been a better signing than Norwood or Judge? Please do show your workings out

You also think Quaner was better than many and virtually l on a par with most others. Fantastic stuff

Lambert's signings on 09:19 - Feb 3 with 2839 viewsBrianTablet

Lambert's signings on 09:07 - Feb 3 by Garv

Possibly the funniest debut ever though, so that was good. I can't even remember why, but he definitely did something bizarre.

Did he break one of the commandments:

Thou shalt not foolishly attempt a shot on goal.

Thou shalt not make a direct forward pass of over twenty yards along the ground.

Thou shalt ticca-tacca the ball around the back in the style of four ungainly bambis-on-ice.

Blessed are our meek defenders who allow oppo strikers to pass them like burning bushes in the night.

Blessed is St Paul for he hath turned season ticket money into free beer with which to quench the clarity of sanity.

"......Paul Mariner......John Wark...... Brian Tablet...errrrrrr Talbot"
Poll: In a hellish scenario, would you rather...

Lambert's signings on 09:20 - Feb 3 with 2814 viewsBluefish

Lambert's signings on 09:15 - Feb 3 by Herbivore

Lolz. Triggered.

Blimey. Dolly impressions is the new you

Lambert's signings on 09:24 - Feb 3 with 2775 viewsHerbivore

Lambert's signings on 09:18 - Feb 3 by Bluefish

Just so we are clear you think Wilson has been a better signing than Norwood or Judge? Please do show your workings out

You also think Quaner was better than many and virtually l on a par with most others. Fantastic stuff

Where have I mentioned Quaner? What are you even wittering on about?

Relative to cost and expectation, which are the criteria being used, then Wilson has been a better signing than Judge or Norwood. They have both underperformed relative to their cost and what was expected of them. Wilson was signed as a back up CB who did well enough to play more than was expected of him and pretty much always did fine.

Lambert's signings on 09:24 - Feb 3 with 2769 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Lambert's signings on 08:58 - Feb 3 by DanTheMan

No-one suggested he's played amazingly every game, and you wouldn't really expect it either. He's been solid and dependable, which is what you want from a central defender.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024