Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Missed the match but 23:07 - Mar 6 with 1112 viewsreusersfreekicks

Struck by how from reading on here all of a sudden all of our players are rubbish! Can't blame the manager as he is new so pile into the players after one match.....
Dear oh dear
Missed the match but on 23:36 - Mar 6 with 1030 viewsBonchosBicycle

Watching it, it did appear the players were often pretty rubbish. Surprisingly poor showing from a bunch of players supposedly looking to impress the new gaffer. Been a long time since I saw such poor passing and giving away of the ball. Obviously can't blame Cook. Frankly I'm pretty astonished by how poor we were really. Mind, we've shown how poor we can be when we try before this season.
Missed the match but on 23:40 - Mar 6 with 1001 viewsMrTown

A bulk of this side were here last year when we finished 11th in L1, so I’m not sure it’s 1 match.

Players aren’t rubbish, just nowhere near as good as some people seem to think. Very middle of the road L1 players.

How many when released will make a step up, and how many will make a step down - the bulk will go to clubs ever further down the pyramid. Says all you need to know.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Missed the match but on 09:47 - Mar 7 with 840 viewsBlue_Moses

I think 'all of a sudden' is unfair, these players have been consistently rubbish for at least 2-3 seasons
Missed the match but on 09:50 - Mar 7 with 818 viewsGlasgowBlue

One game too many in a short space of time for a lot of that team yesterday.

I would expect Cook to freshen things up on Tuesday and utilise the squad. We also missed the creativity of Alan Judge.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Missed the match but on 09:53 - Mar 7 with 801 viewsStokieBlue

At the present time, unfortunately a good portion of the forum is nonsensical.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Missed the match but on 09:55 - Mar 7 with 794 viewsipswichtillidie

All this talk of our squad is one of the best in the league I just don’t buy it.. most weeks the opposition have players technically better than our own. We are over-rated not only by others but by a lot of our own fans. Cook will hopefully bring out the best in what we already have and add to it in the next window where he sees fit.

Gav

Missed the match but on 09:58 - Mar 7 with 777 viewsnoggin

Missed the match but on 09:55 - Mar 7 by ipswichtillidie

All this talk of our squad is one of the best in the league I just don’t buy it.. most weeks the opposition have players technically better than our own. We are over-rated not only by others but by a lot of our own fans. Cook will hopefully bring out the best in what we already have and add to it in the next window where he sees fit.

For all the talk of how good our midfield is, the evidence says otherwise.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Missed the match but on 10:00 - Mar 7 with 771 viewsDubtractor

Missed the match but on 09:53 - Mar 7 by StokieBlue

At the present time, unfortunately a good portion of the forum is nonsensical.

SB

I think that's just an inevitable outcome of the chaotic nature of the club over the last few weeks. There is a so much going on at the moment that we're all grabbing hold of everything and getting carried away with it.

eg - 3 wins (with one convincing performance) and we're gonna p1ss the league. 1 defeat (with a p1ss poor performance) and the players are nowhere near good enough.

The one thing I will say, and Cook has implied this yesterday, is that we've absolutely loaded our squad with players who are much of a muchness. Really compounds the pointlessness of the glut of loan signings who have added nothing to us.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Login to get fewer ads

Missed the match but on 10:02 - Mar 7 with 757 viewsHerbivore

Missed the match but on 09:55 - Mar 7 by ipswichtillidie

Other managers and journos think we have one of the best sqauds in the league?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Missed the match but on 10:16 - Mar 7 with 715 viewsjayessess

Yeah, criticism of yesterday has gone a bit overboard in places.

It was bad, but it was also a transition game and a physical battle against a team who've also turned over other promotion contenders in a similar way of late. It was also a tight game, that on another day swings our way.

We've learned very little about whether Paul Cook can eventually get these players going and all the "urgent clear out needed, they're all terrible!" stuff is very premature.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Missed the match but on 10:33 - Mar 7 with 653 viewsStewart27

No.

Because of Lambert the players have evaded any blame. Yesterday was the first time the players have had to take any form of responsibility for their part.

They’ve been pathetic and showed no leadership and they should be ashamed of themselves. Yesterday epitomised this as they couldn’t even turn it on for a new manager.

We can’t do anything about our personnel other than hope that Cook gets them ticking.
Missed the match but on 11:00 - Mar 7 with 605 viewsmonty_radio

Having read the O.P. I just sat and looked at the team + subs for yesterday, and gave them each a brief going-over in my mind. On a good day they're all capable of MotM, and most have won that accolade at some point. But they're all capable of the reverse too. After a bad day like yesterday, look through and say which of them would be undroppable. It's strange to find a team from the upper reaches of any league with no players who could guarantee their place (excluding favouritism). Judge escapes all criticism for yesterday, and has had favourable reviews in his absence. But it was not always so!

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Missed the match but on 11:20 - Mar 7 with 565 viewssouthnorfolkblue

To be fair I have been saying for a while that these players are massively overrated. The changing of the manager simply brings their abilities into greater focus.

Poll: Our final position

Missed the match but on 11:27 - Mar 7 with 550 viewsRyorry

Missed the match but on 23:36 - Mar 6 by BonchosBicycle

Watching it, it did appear the players were often pretty rubbish. Surprisingly poor showing from a bunch of players supposedly looking to impress the new gaffer. Been a long time since I saw such poor passing and giving away of the ball. Obviously can't blame Cook. Frankly I'm pretty astonished by how poor we were really. Mind, we've shown how poor we can be when we try before this season.

Urbanblue's take on this in his OP of another thread is worth a read -

I seem to have seen the game a bit differently to many on here by urbanblue 7 Mar 2021 8:58
Yes, it was crap but did none of you notice that we were trying to play in a completely different way to 'normal'? I mentioned this on here at half time but the instructions were clearly to get the ball forward as quickly as possible, not as in a hoof, but to the feet.

The players struggled with it, I mean they are so in the habits ingrained in them. Even the opening kick off for the first time for ages we passed it to someones feet!! Then, every kick off after each goal it was back to the old hoof it into touch Rugby style.

Cook had to go with an unchanged side after the three wins and it will be interesting who is selected Tuesday when it is 'his' selection. I wonder whether he will bring Matheson in as full backs need to get forward. Maybe move Chambers into the centre. There will probably be a few who will be given a rest.

Once he gets his team playing his way I reckon it will be good to watch. I am not as pessimistic as a lot of you and feel some of our squad will really improve. Not all, and there will be new faces, but he has to get the current lot 'retrained".

Hold on for the ride!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024