Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
“I’m desperate to give Kayden Jackson a run down the centre of the pitch 19:37 - Mar 27 with 2434 viewsGlasgowBlue

with James Norwood but it’s something I’ve never played and you’ve got to be a very direct team to do that”

Paul Cook has managed some 500 games for Southport, Sligo Rovers, Accrington Stanley, Chesterfield. Portsmouth, Wigan and us.

I get that he has a preferred style of play and formation but has he honestly not adapted his team and tactics during his long spell as a manager?

I fear he is going down the dogmatic route that we saw with Lambert. We need to be more flexible and play with the players we have. Our wingers don’t create. Our full backs aren’t mobile enough to bing uo and down the pitch and outer central midfield is lightweight.

A good old fashioned 4-4-2 would suit us better.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

“I’m desperate to give Kayden Jackson a run down the centre of the pitch on 19:40 - Mar 27 with 2105 viewsBLUEBEAT

Agree re 442

I don’t think I’ve ever seen an ITFC team as one-dimensional as this.

Even John Duncan’s squad could adapt better than this lot.

Poll: W or W

“I’m desperate to give Kayden Jackson a run down the centre of the pitch on 19:42 - Mar 27 with 2071 viewsKieran_Knows

My only question is, does it really suit us? Lambert stumbled on it at the start of last season due to injuries etc, and let’s be honest, we hardly looked great playing it either, did we?

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

“I’m desperate to give Kayden Jackson a run down the centre of the pitch on 19:44 - Mar 27 with 2067 viewsMach_foreignBlue

This job is gonna be his graveyeard I'm afraid.

The players he has to deal with.....Hmmmm good luck to him.
“I’m desperate to give Kayden Jackson a run down the centre of the pitch on 19:48 - Mar 27 with 2032 viewsArnieM

“I’m desperate to give Kayden Jackson a run down the centre of the pitch on 19:44 - Mar 27 by Mach_foreignBlue

But he won’t deal with them will he....he’ll boot them out in the summer, and the6 know it. Which is why they are “ downing tools “ now. It’s their little protest, as the new manager is asking for far , far more effort.

They’ve been molly coddled for the last 3 years.... not anymore.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

“I’m desperate to give Kayden Jackson a run down the centre of the pitch on 19:52 - Mar 27 with 2003 viewsIllinoisblue

Not to pick apart everything he says but that was an odd thing for him to say. Er, Paul, you’re the boss. It’s on you. Desperate to pick a certain team? Fooking do it.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

“I’m desperate to give Kayden Jackson a run down the centre of the pitch on 19:52 - Mar 27 with 1995 viewsBluedanW

“I’m desperate to give Kayden Jackson a run down the centre of the pitch on 19:44 - Mar 27 by Mach_foreignBlue

Clough at leeds springs to mind.
However this squad has let down hurst, Lambert and now Cook
“I’m desperate to give Kayden Jackson a run down the centre of the pitch on 19:59 - Mar 27 with 1964 viewsMach_foreignBlue

“I’m desperate to give Kayden Jackson a run down the centre of the pitch on 19:52 - Mar 27 by BluedanW

Clough at leeds springs to mind.
However this squad has let down hurst, Lambert and now Cook

Imagine if Joey Barton would have been appointed instead of Cook.

Some TWTD footballing experts would have been saying that hE iS a tHuG aNd hE iS tReAtInG pLaYeRs vErY bAdLy

Wigan 0-5 Rochdale
Wigan 0-5 Hull
Wigan 0-5 Blackpool
Wigan 2-3 poor Northampton

We never troubled their goalie today ! Tough training sessions for these wasters.
[Post edited 27 Mar 2021 20:00]
“I’m desperate to give Kayden Jackson a run down the centre of the pitch on 20:01 - Mar 27 with 1935 viewshaynes_toe1

“I’m desperate to give Kayden Jackson a run down the centre of the pitch on 19:48 - Mar 27 by ArnieM

But he won’t deal with them will he....he’ll boot them out in the summer, and the6 know it. Which is why they are “ downing tools “ now. It’s their little protest, as the new manager is asking for far , far more effort.

They’ve been molly coddled for the last 3 years.... not anymore.

Lol. Pure conjecture.
Login to get fewer ads

“I’m desperate to give Kayden Jackson a run down the centre of the pitch on 20:08 - Mar 27 with 1904 viewsSwansea_Blue

Well they looked pretty toothless playing a 442 today in the second half (albeit a diamond). I'm not sure 2 up front is the magic bullet.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

“I’m desperate to give Kayden Jackson a run down the centre of the pitch on 20:11 - Mar 27 with 1892 viewsBLUEBEAT

“I’m desperate to give Kayden Jackson a run down the centre of the pitch on 20:08 - Mar 27 by Swansea_Blue

Well they looked pretty toothless playing a 442 today in the second half (albeit a diamond). I'm not sure 2 up front is the magic bullet.

442 with Hawkins for the knock-downs

Ugly but am sure it would work alongside Norwood

Poll: W or W

“I’m desperate to give Kayden Jackson a run down the centre of the pitch on 20:51 - Mar 27 with 1781 viewsitfcjoe

“I’m desperate to give Kayden Jackson a run down the centre of the pitch on 19:42 - Mar 27 by Kieran_Knows

My only question is, does it really suit us? Lambert stumbled on it at the start of last season due to injuries etc, and let’s be honest, we hardly looked great playing it either, did we?

4231 doesn’t because our ‘3’ are just not up to the quality required and that is the key part of team to create and score. The ‘4’ and the ‘2’ played ok on the whole, as did the ‘1’ - we need to find a way of creating chances

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

“I’m desperate to give Kayden Jackson a run down the centre of the pitch on 20:52 - Mar 27 with 1761 viewsNthsuffolkblue

“I’m desperate to give Kayden Jackson a run down the centre of the pitch on 19:59 - Mar 27 by Mach_foreignBlue

Some TWTD footballing experts would have been saying that hE iS a tHuG aNd hE iS tReAtInG pLaYeRs vErY bAdLy

Wigan 0-5 Rochdale
Wigan 0-5 Hull
Wigan 0-5 Blackpool

We never troubled their goalie today ! Tough training sessions for these wasters.

Is that Joey Barton of Fleetwood who drew 0-0 at Wigan?

Wigan 3-0 MK Dons
Wigan 4-3 Accrington Stanley
Sunderland 0-1 Wigan
Wigan 1-0 Doncaster

Yes, today's performance and result were both bad. We don't need a list of Wigan's worst results to know that and, no, they don't suddenly make Barton anything other than a lower-league Roy Keane.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

“I’m desperate to give Kayden Jackson a run down the centre of the pitch on 20:59 - Mar 27 with 1684 viewsKieran_Knows

“I’m desperate to give Kayden Jackson a run down the centre of the pitch on 20:51 - Mar 27 by itfcjoe

4231 doesn’t because our ‘3’ are just not up to the quality required and that is the key part of team to create and score. The ‘4’ and the ‘2’ played ok on the whole, as did the ‘1’ - we need to find a way of creating chances

Cook seems to think we don’t have the players for 4-4-2 either, so that’s a big issue!

Think we’ve either got to stumble our way to the play offs, or just hit the reset button and write this season off.

“I’m desperate to give Kayden Jackson a run down the centre of the pitch on 21:05 - Mar 27 with 1631 viewsSeablu

“I’m desperate to give Kayden Jackson a run down the centre of the pitch on 19:59 - Mar 27 by Mach_foreignBlue

Wigan 0-5 Rochdale
Wigan 0-5 Hull
Wigan 0-5 Blackpool

What does Joey Barton have to do with the results you subsequently typed up?
Here’s five equally irrelevant results for this season that make no point whatsoever.
Portsmouth 1 Wigan 2
Wigan 3 MK Dons 0
Sunderland 0 Wigan 1
Wigan 4 Accrington 3
Wigan 1 Doncaster 0
JOeY BaRtOn iS dOiNg a GrEAt jOB aT bRiStOl ROvErS tHOuGh.
I think that covers it.
[Post edited 27 Mar 2021 21:14]
“I’m desperate to give Kayden Jackson a run down the centre of the pitch on 21:14 - Mar 27 with 1574 viewsitfcjoe

“I’m desperate to give Kayden Jackson a run down the centre of the pitch on 20:59 - Mar 27 by Kieran_Knows

Cook seems to think we don’t have the players for 4-4-2 either, so that’s a big issue!

Think we’ve either got to stumble our way to the play offs, or just hit the reset button and write this season off.

Go 352 then....! There’s enough here to make something work - as it is no one in that 3 is playing well. I’d just go Bennetts, Dobra, Lankester and be done with it

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

“I’m desperate to give Kayden Jackson a run down the centre of the pitch on 21:28 - Mar 27 with 1486 viewsFixed_It

“I’m desperate to give Kayden Jackson a run down the centre of the pitch on 20:51 - Mar 27 by itfcjoe

The fact that Sears, Judge and Edwards were all pretty much as ineffective as eachother certainly explains the performance today - and their subsitutes did little to improve things.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

“I’m desperate to give Kayden Jackson a run down the centre of the pitch on 21:53 - Mar 27 with 1404 viewsGlasgowBlue

“I’m desperate to give Kayden Jackson a run down the centre of the pitch on 19:40 - Mar 27 by BLUEBEAT

Agree re 442

I don’t think I’ve ever seen an ITFC team as one-dimensional as this.

Even John Duncan’s squad could adapt better than this lot.

People say that we were as good as relegated when Lambert came in so he got a free pass.

He played a style of football that didn’t win matches but was more pleasing in the eye. That was the general consensus.

But he had plenty of time to save us. Instead of playing nice football that started from the back we should have thrown everything at throwing ti stay up. Long ball. Short ball. Mix things up.

Instead we played tippy tippy football from Holy to Toto. Passed it around the midfield a lot. And we didn’t win many football matches.

Cook came in and we were in with a genuine shout at top six. IMO his principles of how to play the game should have come secondary to throwing the kitchen sink at trying to get up with just 15 games left. Instead, he’s stuck to a style of play that he favours.

Both Lambert and Cook appear to have looked at the long term when the short term was a far more pressing concern. Cook will be a superb manager for us, providing he gets the backing from Evans. Which I doubt he will get. But he’s blowing a chance of getting us up this season IMO.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

“I’m desperate to give Kayden Jackson a run down the centre of the pitch on 22:03 - Mar 27 with 1377 viewsPlums

“I’m desperate to give Kayden Jackson a run down the centre of the pitch on 21:14 - Mar 27 by itfcjoe

Go 352 then....! There’s enough here to make something work - as it is no one in that 3 is playing well. I’d just go Bennetts, Dobra, Lankester and be done with it

Where do you find three ball playing CBs to play three at the back? We’ve got Woolfy and that’s it.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

“I’m desperate to give Kayden Jackson a run down the centre of the pitch on 22:22 - Mar 27 with 1297 viewsKieran_Knows

“I’m desperate to give Kayden Jackson a run down the centre of the pitch on 21:14 - Mar 27 by itfcjoe

I suppose. If we’re to salvage this season, he does need to stumble upon something quickly.

“I’m desperate to give Kayden Jackson a run down the centre of the pitch on 22:29 - Mar 27 with 1264 viewsistanblue

Spot on. If only for these last 10 games to give us a chance, because whatever he's tried so far hasn't worked. He can rebuild in the summer and get players in who can play to his system and philosophy. Until then he needs to adapt.
“I’m desperate to give Kayden Jackson a run down the centre of the pitch on 22:36 - Mar 27 with 1198 viewsMach_foreignBlue

“I’m desperate to give Kayden Jackson a run down the centre of the pitch on 20:52 - Mar 27 by Nthsuffolkblue

Is that Joey Barton of Fleetwood who drew 0-0 at Wigan?

Wigan 3-0 MK Dons
Wigan 4-3 Accrington Stanley
Sunderland 0-1 Wigan
Wigan 1-0 Doncaster

Yes, today's performance and result were both bad. We don't need a list of Wigan's worst results to know that and, no, they don't suddenly make Barton anything other than a lower-league Roy Keane.

Yes but it's yet another 'bad' performance. Too many of that for a long while. These wasters had been clapped and cheered for the relegation. And the skipper had been saluted for the new deal with the club.

But.......had we appointed Joey Barton as a manager then some people would have been knocking him for the todays performance and result alike.

Paul Cook's job is gonna be his toughest ever. Good luck to him !
“I’m desperate to give Kayden Jackson a run down the centre of the pitch on 22:41 - Mar 27 with 1179 viewsGarv

“I’m desperate to give Kayden Jackson a run down the centre of the pitch on 21:53 - Mar 27 by GlasgowBlue

People say that we were as good as relegated when Lambert came in so he got a free pass.

He played a style of football that didn’t win matches but was more pleasing in the eye. That was the general consensus.

But he had plenty of time to save us. Instead of playing nice football that started from the back we should have thrown everything at throwing ti stay up. Long ball. Short ball. Mix things up.

Instead we played tippy tippy football from Holy to Toto. Passed it around the midfield a lot. And we didn’t win many football matches.

Cook came in and we were in with a genuine shout at top six. IMO his principles of how to play the game should have come secondary to throwing the kitchen sink at trying to get up with just 15 games left. Instead, he’s stuck to a style of play that he favours.

Both Lambert and Cook appear to have looked at the long term when the short term was a far more pressing concern. Cook will be a superb manager for us, providing he gets the backing from Evans. Which I doubt he will get. But he’s blowing a chance of getting us up this season IMO.

Hasn't a major criticism for the last however many years been that we haven't looked at the long term?

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

“I’m desperate to give Kayden Jackson a run down the centre of the pitch on 23:31 - Mar 27 with 1078 viewsMach_foreignBlue

“I’m desperate to give Kayden Jackson a run down the centre of the pitch on 21:53 - Mar 27 by GlasgowBlue

GlasgowBlue obviously you are entitled to your opinion but.........it's a BIG BUT.....Please don't say that Cook is blowing a chance of getting us up this season.

This mob has found it hard last week on the training pitch so what do you expect? To turn the water into winners?

Rochdale, yes bottom of the table Rochdale prior to today had scored 5 past Wigan at Wigans stadium.

So has Blackpool.
So has Hull.
Northampton has scored only three.

And WE NEVER TROUBLED THEIR GOALIE today, FFS !!!!!!!

It isn't Cooks fault that he has to deal with this group of utter wasters.
[Post edited 27 Mar 2021 23:33]
“I’m desperate to give Kayden Jackson a run down the centre of the pitch on 00:00 - Mar 28 with 1018 viewschrismakin

I must admit, as much as I like PC,

"but it’s something I’ve never played"

I didn't expect to hear something so.. I guess honest, yet quite disturbing at the same time.

I don't think i've ever heard a manager basically admit they have 1 tactic and 1 tactic alone.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

“I’m desperate to give Kayden Jackson a run down the centre of the pitch on 00:11 - Mar 28 with 978 viewschrismakin

“I’m desperate to give Kayden Jackson a run down the centre of the pitch on 23:31 - Mar 27 by Mach_foreignBlue

GlasgowBlue obviously you are entitled to your opinion but.........it's a BIG BUT.....Please don't say that Cook is blowing a chance of getting us up this season.

This mob has found it hard last week on the training pitch so what do you expect? To turn the water into winners?

Rochdale, yes bottom of the table Rochdale prior to today had scored 5 past Wigan at Wigans stadium.

So has Blackpool.
So has Hull.
Northampton has scored only three.

And WE NEVER TROUBLED THEIR GOALIE today, FFS !!!!!!!

It isn't Cooks fault that he has to deal with this group of utter wasters.
[Post edited 27 Mar 2021 23:33]

Some of the action out there today was laughable and I actually felt sorry for all the coaching staff.

the amount of times Norwood made a diag run, no one had the bottle to put him in,
Edwards, I genuinely have no idea what role he had today, he didn't do anything, and when he had the chance to whip in a ball, he 'tried' to take his man on, by walking into him.

Bish and Dozza, seem to see an imaginary laser that goes across the pitch within 25 yards of the opponents goal, they appear to turn away like it's after them
Sears - well he's Sears, turning circle of Huws, brain of Edwards

The only delight for me today was Toto, solid as a rock and Dobra who did more in 10 minutes than the whole outfield attempted in the whole game.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024