Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Matt Slater... 14:27 - Mar 29 with 8974 viewsabracaDOBRA_

Sorry if you're bored of take-over talk just thought id post this update.

Matt Slater... on 14:36 - Mar 29 with 5179 viewshype313

Chugging along doesn't sound great, along with Phil's thoughts, it sounds like it's a dead duck, or a very fast sinking duck (if they exist, which I doubt given genomes)

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Matt Slater... on 14:57 - Mar 29 with 5059 viewsNthQldITFC

Matt Slater... on 14:36 - Mar 29 by hype313

Chugging along doesn't sound great, along with Phil's thoughts, it sounds like it's a dead duck, or a very fast sinking duck (if they exist, which I doubt given genomes)

"And what de feck have we got to do wiv it!"

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Matt Slater... on 14:59 - Mar 29 with 5039 viewsJ2BLUE

Perhaps another couple of bad results will get it back on.

Just a shame Cook would inevitably get stick if that happens from certain sections.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Matt Slater... on 15:04 - Mar 29 with 5027 viewsPhilTWTD

From what I hear the impasse was fairly significant as of last week. Obviously that could change but as it stands I think it's drifting. As I said before, we're now two weeks behind the timescale as it was initially laid out to me.
Matt Slater... on 15:07 - Mar 29 with 4945 viewsJ2BLUE

Matt Slater... on 15:04 - Mar 29 by PhilTWTD

From what I hear the impasse was fairly significant as of last week. Obviously that could change but as it stands I think it's drifting. As I said before, we're now two weeks behind the timescale as it was initially laid out to me.

Why is Evans doing this? He can't be this stupid surely?

Truly impaired.

Matt Slater... on 15:08 - Mar 29 with 4961 viewsabracaDOBRA_

I really think it all depends on what league were in... don't think its a coincidence things started to slow when we hit form and got in the top 6. Evans suddenly thinking he could own a championship club in 3 months time
Matt Slater... on 15:09 - Mar 29 with 4939 viewshype313

It's all pointing to the fact, that for whatever reason, there has been a major stumbling block in place, now if that's from the new owners searches/checks or more Marcus looking to see how this season pans out then it's anyone's guess.

But I still find it hard to stomach that Evans is essentially pulling the plug on a hope and prayer.

Matt Slater... on 15:09 - Mar 29 with 4924 viewsJ2BLUE

Matt Slater... on 15:08 - Mar 29 by abracaDOBRA_

I really think it all depends on what league were in... don't think its a coincidence things started to slow when we hit form and got in the top 6. Evans suddenly thinking he could own a championship club in 3 months time

A Championship club which will not have the funds to compete and will cost him millions more to see us go backwards.

Truly impaired.

Login to get fewer ads

Matt Slater... on 15:11 - Mar 29 with 4939 viewsPhilTWTD

Matt Slater... on 15:08 - Mar 29 by abracaDOBRA_

I'm sure that has had something to do with it. Also heard that there has been some continuing negotiation on the price.
Matt Slater... on 15:11 - Mar 29 with 4902 viewsabracaDOBRA_

Matt Slater... on 15:09 - Mar 29 by J2BLUE

A Championship club which will not have the funds to compete and will cost him millions more to see us go backwards.

Yes but could up the fee... although I guess he could've put a promotion add on in the original deal
Matt Slater... on 15:13 - Mar 29 with 4865 viewsJ2BLUE

Matt Slater... on 15:09 - Mar 29 by hype313

It's all pointing to the fact, that for whatever reason, there has been a major stumbling block in place, now if that's from the new owners searches/checks or more Marcus looking to see how this season pans out then it's anyone's guess.

But I still find it hard to stomach that Evans is essentially pulling the plug on a hope and prayer.

A round of emails from fans politely requesting he leaves couldn't hurt.

A politely worded, fact based, hostility free plea from hundreds of us might help the delusion fall away.

Truly impaired.

Matt Slater... on 15:13 - Mar 29 with 4861 viewsitfcjoe

Matt Slater... on 15:11 - Mar 29 by PhilTWTD

I'm sure that has had something to do with it. Also heard that there has been some continuing negotiation on the price.

"Continuing negotiation" indicates it isn't dead at least!

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Matt Slater... on 15:15 - Mar 29 with 4832 viewsJ2BLUE

He can't be that deluded? God our future is so bleak with him as owner. In five years he could see his 5% increase in value or he could have spent another £20m as we find ourselves back in league one.
[Post edited 29 Mar 2021 15:18]

Truly impaired.

Matt Slater... on 15:16 - Mar 29 with 4841 viewsclive_baker

Matt Slater... on 15:13 - Mar 29 by itfcjoe

Based on something I heard it's still got legs, I was surprised to hear it being reported as off, but who knows.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Matt Slater... on 15:17 - Mar 29 with 4818 viewshype313

Matt Slater... on 15:13 - Mar 29 by J2BLUE

A round of emails from fans politely requesting he leaves couldn't hurt.

A politely worded, fact based, hostility free plea from hundreds of us might help the delusion fall away.

To start with at the very least it would be good for Blue Action to start something along the lines that they did with Lambert ie. "Marcus, thanks for the win against the Gooners in your 14 year tenure, but the time has come for you to truffle shufffle off"

Matt Slater... on 15:18 - Mar 29 with 4806 viewsabracaDOBRA_

Matt Slater... on 15:13 - Mar 29 by itfcjoe

Ive still got hope for some strange reason. I hope its more negotiating and waiting to see what league were in as opposed to Evans just completely pulling out of the deal. Fingers crossed.
Matt Slater... on 16:25 - Mar 29 with 4500 viewsdirtyboy

Matt Slater... on 15:15 - Mar 29 by J2BLUE

He can't be that deluded? God our future is so bleak with him as owner. In five years he could see his 5% increase in value or he could have spent another £20m as we find ourselves back in league one.

He's negotiating, so not deluded at all.

The future is bleak, but that's in your opinion (and I appreciate it's shared by many) but perhaps not in the eyes of Evans?

I'd back myself to succeed eventually, you don't amass Evans level wealth by not backing yourself either.

Permanently playing Devil's advocate with you J2, nothing personal, just offering alternative views, no hard feelings x
Matt Slater... on 16:32 - Mar 29 with 4437 viewsJ2BLUE

Matt Slater... on 16:25 - Mar 29 by dirtyboy

The future is bleak, but that's in your opinion (and I appreciate it's shared by many) but perhaps not in the eyes of Evans?

I'd back myself to succeed eventually, you don't amass Evans level wealth by not backing yourself either.

Permanently playing Devil's advocate with you J2, nothing personal, just offering alternative views, no hard feelings x

Evans' level of budget and way of running the club is never going to work. If he can't see that then he is deluded.

No it's nothing personal. Everyone is entitled to their own view. No idea how some of you are coming to yours but each to your own!

Truly impaired.

Matt Slater... on 16:35 - Mar 29 with 4401 viewsHerbivore

Matt Slater... on 15:16 - Mar 29 by clive_baker

Based on something I heard it's still got legs, I was surprised to hear it being reported as off, but who knows.

Why are you doing this to us?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Matt Slater... on 16:48 - Mar 29 with 4299 viewsitfcbishop

Do you think owning ipswich town has a big effect on Marcus Evans Group? is making 8 million loss a year not bad considering the money made at Marcus Evans.

Yes Phil clutching at straws but i just can't understand why he keeps the club, he's obviously a clever man to have such a successful business.
Matt Slater... on 17:14 - Mar 29 with 4173 viewschrismakin

i'm surprised that people don't expect a person who puts in upto £10 mill a year not to negotiate a price to sell the club at.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Matt Slater... on 17:15 - Mar 29 with 4158 viewsIllinoisblue

Over a decade gone and he’s at least 100million in the hole. He’s certainly playing the long game.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Matt Slater... on 17:17 - Mar 29 with 4122 viewsJ2BLUE

Matt Slater... on 17:14 - Mar 29 by chrismakin

i'm surprised that people don't expect a person who puts in upto £10 mill a year not to negotiate a price to sell the club at.

It's basic logic. If you have a loss making liability and someone wants to take it off your hands you don't quibble about £5m when it costs you that every year to GO BACKWARDS.

Truly impaired.

Matt Slater... on 17:18 - Mar 29 with 4119 viewsdirtyboy

Matt Slater... on 16:32 - Mar 29 by J2BLUE

Evans' level of budget and way of running the club is never going to work. If he can't see that then he is deluded.

No it's nothing personal. Everyone is entitled to their own view. No idea how some of you are coming to yours but each to your own!

I agree with you on way of running, I disagree heavily on budget.

Recruitment and long term strategy I do feel has been largely ineffective and I don't know why as I have no knoweldge of the internal workings of the club.

As a notel. When we were last in the Championship, our wages were just shy of £19m

Currently, we still likely have the highest wages in League One.

That last £19m we spent a few seasons ago would put us ahead of Barnsley's current wage bill and they sit 5th in the Championship and probably ahead of 8 - 10 current Championship teams.

So money perhaps isn't the issue here. Evans is supporting Ipswich Town financially quite well all things considered, but he's clearly not directing that money quite right.

Perhaps Evans was ready to sell under Lambert but sees something different with Cook and that is why he's holding off.

Perhaps a final roll of the dice for him?

Let's be honest, if Cook does by some miracle turn things around and Evans doesn't want to make the same mistake he made with not backing McCarthy at the right moment, then Evans is a good owner with deep pockets ....if he so desired.
Matt Slater... on 17:21 - Mar 29 with 4080 viewsitfcjoe

Matt Slater... on 17:17 - Mar 29 by J2BLUE

It's basic logic. If you have a loss making liability and someone wants to take it off your hands you don't quibble about £5m when it costs you that every year to GO BACKWARDS.

He obviously believes in himself to turn it around and enjoys owning the club

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024