Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I can only think some of the players haven't taken to Cook 17:18 - Apr 5 with 2153 viewsurbanblue

They are not playing for the shirt and certainly not for him.

He must be embarrassed at that shambles ... Hope he gets rid of as many as he can in the Summer.
I can only think some of the players haven't taken to Cook on 17:18 - Apr 5 with 1795 viewschicoazul

I think they’re just not very good.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

I can only think some of the players haven't taken to Cook on 17:18 - Apr 5 with 1780 viewschrismakin

Cause they havent taken to him. Hes a winner.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

I can only think some of the players haven't taken to Cook on 17:19 - Apr 5 with 1767 viewsblueprint

As a Town fan I’m embarrassed for him. He doesn’t deserve this.
I can only think some of the players haven't taken to Cook on 17:20 - Apr 5 with 1739 viewsreusersfreekicks

Think you are right. No idea why?
I can only think some of the players haven't taken to Cook on 17:21 - Apr 5 with 1699 viewsCoco

unprofessional, mediocre, work-shy losers. That's what they are.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

I can only think some of the players haven't taken to Cook on 17:23 - Apr 5 with 1665 viewsJDB23

I can only think some of the players haven't taken to Cook on 17:19 - Apr 5 by blueprint

As a Town fan I’m embarrassed for him. He doesn’t deserve this.

Poor bloke must walk in through his front door after matches and feel sick to his stomach. He could see his reputation ruined here, absolute graveyard of a club.
I can only think some of the players haven't taken to Cook on 17:23 - Apr 5 with 1641 viewsjayessess

More likely they just can't. Most of them have shorter contracts than Cook. If they don't step it up, they'll be gone and I can't imagine any other League One club is going to want many of them.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

I can only think some of the players haven't taken to Cook on 17:24 - Apr 5 with 1619 viewschrismakin

I can only think some of the players haven't taken to Cook on 17:23 - Apr 5 by JDB23

Poor bloke must walk in through his front door after matches and feel sick to his stomach. He could see his reputation ruined here, absolute graveyard of a club.

Exactly why i hate seeing posts being negative about PC

There is absolutely nothing he can do about this lot.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Login to get fewer ads

I can only think some of the players haven't taken to Cook on 17:24 - Apr 5 with 1625 viewsurbanblue

I can only think some of the players haven't taken to Cook on 17:20 - Apr 5 by reusersfreekicks

Think you are right. No idea why?

They've been allowed to coast. As soon as a manager wants them to put in some hard work they don't like it. I'm even thinking It started with Hurst and they soon got rid of him.
I can only think some of the players haven't taken to Cook on 17:26 - Apr 5 with 1568 viewsHerbivore

I can only think some of the players haven't taken to Cook on 17:24 - Apr 5 by urbanblue

They've been allowed to coast. As soon as a manager wants them to put in some hard work they don't like it. I'm even thinking It started with Hurst and they soon got rid of him.

Hurst went because he was fooking useless and decimated a perfectly capable Championship squad.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

I can only think some of the players haven't taken to Cook on 17:31 - Apr 5 with 1470 viewsBasuco

Too many hopeful long hoofs forward, Jackson was isolated far too often despite what looked on paper a front two and when midfielders are on the ball there are no options available. All of this should be worked on in training but obviously isn't, play is so predictable and easily defended against and there is no change is formation or tactics when things are not working. Can't see why the players should not take to Paul Cook.
I can only think some of the players haven't taken to Cook on 17:34 - Apr 5 with 1420 viewshaynes_toe1

Lambert was a poor, poor manager but somehow achieved better with this group of players than Cook has, which isn't a great sign despite desperate attempts by some to make up endless excuses which weren't afforded to previous managers.
I can only think some of the players haven't taken to Cook on 17:35 - Apr 5 with 1402 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

I can only think some of the players haven't taken to Cook on 17:26 - Apr 5 by Herbivore

Hurst went because he was fooking useless and decimated a perfectly capable Championship squad.

And yet there does seem something in what Urban has to say.

A number of this squad were the ones who gave up on the relegation season in October. Lambert couldn't get a tune out of them (OK some mitigation there perhaps). They have been sent home from training as unable to manage a double session. The most they have managed in any game is a 20 minute spell of relatively high energy football before reverting to lethargy on and off the ball.

Not fit? Definitely. Not interested? Quite possibly.

Harsh, perhaps, to paint them all that way but the performances suggest not only a lack of ability but also a lack of desire.

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

I can only think some of the players haven't taken to Cook on 17:38 - Apr 5 with 1354 viewsjayessess

I can only think some of the players haven't taken to Cook on 17:35 - Apr 5 by You_Bloo_Right

And yet there does seem something in what Urban has to say.

A number of this squad were the ones who gave up on the relegation season in October. Lambert couldn't get a tune out of them (OK some mitigation there perhaps). They have been sent home from training as unable to manage a double session. The most they have managed in any game is a 20 minute spell of relatively high energy football before reverting to lethargy on and off the ball.

Not fit? Definitely. Not interested? Quite possibly.

Harsh, perhaps, to paint them all that way but the performances suggest not only a lack of ability but also a lack of desire.

So the explanation here is that we've somehow stumbled across a squad of 30 footballers, none of whom even have the basic self-interest to care about their own careers?

Seems unlikely to me.

I can only think some of the players haven't taken to Cook on 17:38 - Apr 5 with 1345 viewsBasuco

I can only think some of the players haven't taken to Cook on 17:34 - Apr 5 by haynes_toe1

Lambert was a poor, poor manager but somehow achieved better with this group of players than Cook has, which isn't a great sign despite desperate attempts by some to make up endless excuses which weren't afforded to previous managers.

I really hope Leam Richardson joins Town in the Summer.
I can only think some of the players haven't taken to Cook on 17:38 - Apr 5 with 1341 viewspatrickswell

And the weird thing is there’s no way in which the players come out of this as the good guys. I can’t think of a single one who the fanbase would be up in arms about Cook selling on. Even the likes of Downes and Vincent-Young would have question marks labelled over their mentality and fitness records.
I can only think some of the players haven't taken to Cook on 17:39 - Apr 5 with 1335 viewsArnieM

The word Cook has just used about this squad ( not having ) was QUALITY .
We have none in this squad . That’s why they can’t do what this manager want.
They’re supposed to be “ professional “ footballers , but they can’t even train twice a day , they cant play different formations when asked , they can’t take a game by the scruff of the neck .... they’re meant to be PROFESSIONALS!

Utter joke the lot of them .

Clear THE LOT OUT.
[Post edited 5 Apr 2021 17:40]

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

I can only think some of the players haven't taken to Cook on 17:42 - Apr 5 with 1269 viewsjeera

I'd hazard a guess that a number of them already see themselves as out of the door soon.

Maybe they've had their confidence quashed over time.

Heck knows.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

I can only think some of the players haven't taken to Cook on 17:43 - Apr 5 with 1246 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

I can only think some of the players haven't taken to Cook on 17:38 - Apr 5 by jayessess

So the explanation here is that we've somehow stumbled across a squad of 30 footballers, none of whom even have the basic self-interest to care about their own careers?

Seems unlikely to me.

Well when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable ......

I can only think some of the players haven't taken to Cook on 17:44 - Apr 5 with 1239 viewsreusersfreekicks

I can only think some of the players haven't taken to Cook on 17:42 - Apr 5 by jeera

I'd hazard a guess that a number of them already see themselves as out of the door soon.

Maybe they've had their confidence quashed over time.

Heck knows.

Or maybe, just maybe, Cook hasn't gone about restoring confidence and performances in the best way. We don't know what has gone on.....
I can only think some of the players haven't taken to Cook on 17:47 - Apr 5 with 1206 viewshaynes_toe1

I can only think some of the players haven't taken to Cook on 17:44 - Apr 5 by reusersfreekicks

Or maybe, just maybe, Cook hasn't gone about restoring confidence and performances in the best way. We don't know what has gone on.....

This squad should not be drawing 0-0 against the worst team in the league without a shot on target irrespective of peoples views on individual players.

Lambert would have rightly been slaughtered for it and Cook should not go without criticism for failing to get anything remotely positive out of the entire playing group.
I can only think some of the players haven't taken to Cook on 17:48 - Apr 5 with 1192 viewsArnieM

I can only think some of the players haven't taken to Cook on 17:44 - Apr 5 by reusersfreekicks

Awwwwh let’s all put a cosy blanket round them all shall we .... poor lickle players .

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

I can only think some of the players haven't taken to Cook on 17:48 - Apr 5 with 1184 viewsjayessess

I can only think some of the players haven't taken to Cook on 17:43 - Apr 5 by You_Bloo_Right

Well when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable ......

I think it's considerably more likely that they're just bad, rather than actively sabotaging their own futures.

I can only think some of the players haven't taken to Cook on 17:50 - Apr 5 with 1152 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

I can only think some of the players haven't taken to Cook on 17:48 - Apr 5 by jayessess

I think it's considerably more likely that they're just bad, rather than actively sabotaging their own futures.

Good point, well made.

I can only think some of the players haven't taken to Cook on 17:59 - Apr 5 with 1095 viewsJ2BLUE

I think you're right. Must be a culture shock for them after Lambert's excuses and complete lack of professionalism.

Cook badly needs a transfer window. I know certain posters think im obsessed but objectively, the blame must surely be with Evans?

Five year deal when form had fallen off a cliff, about six months (conservatively) late to get rid of Lambert and then doubled down wit four expensive loans in January. Cook should have been in at the latest on January 2nd. Instead we've handed him a thankless task and the biggest shambles squad in our history.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024