Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Name one realistic signing signing you would like to see this summer? 12:49 - Apr 12 with 3255 viewsBlueNomad

Ronan Curtis is out of contract - worth spending on a high salary (Champ level)
Name one realistic signing signing you would like to see this summer? on 12:52 - Apr 12 with 3225 viewschrismakin

Charlie Wyke

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Name one realistic signing signing you would like to see this summer? on 12:55 - Apr 12 with 3201 viewsSWGF

Is he really? More than anything, I like his attitude. Always does well against us (which doesn't narrow it down much) but that's the only time I see him, so the test-cases are small.

Ditto Marcus Harness.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Name one realistic signing signing you would like to see this summer? on 13:02 - Apr 12 with 3146 viewsBlueNomad

Name one realistic signing signing you would like to see this summer? on 12:55 - Apr 12 by SWGF

Is he really? More than anything, I like his attitude. Always does well against us (which doesn't narrow it down much) but that's the only time I see him, so the test-cases are small.

Ditto Marcus Harness.

Yep! He has bite, likes to run at teams (remember last season at FP) and wants to make things happen. I do wonder if he will go to the Championship though.
Name one realistic signing signing you would like to see this summer? on 13:10 - Apr 12 with 3088 viewsclive_baker

Might set his sights higher than L1 but Matt Smith has always looked a handful when I've seen him. Would certainly be a step up on Hawkins in that #9 role. Out of contract at Millwall.

Michael Morrison, BSE lad, out of contract at Reading. He's had a very good season but again, would imagine he'll want a Championship club.

Ryan Tunnicliffe, I would have him back here in a heartbeat. Out of contract at Luton.

Waghorn? Way out of our league I imagine, unless we did somehow manage to get promoted

Johnston of Wigan, on loan from Feyenoord. They're releasing him, already linked with us. Looked very tidy when we played them a few weeks back.

I think there will be a few good freebies in the summer, the question will be can we attract them here. I would rather fewer and better, offer some nice salaries to 6 or 7 players of quality and look to the academy to fill in the gaps, rather than a bloated squad of averageness.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Name one realistic signing signing you would like to see this summer? on 13:28 - Apr 12 with 3012 viewsParky

How much are the news guys spending? Jephcott, Rhodes, Twine, Kirk realistic?

If we’re talking more realistically: Connor Ogilvie, Wes Burns, Fejiri Okenabirhie, Che Dunkley, Lee Evans, Gavin Massey.
Name one realistic signing signing you would like to see this summer? on 14:14 - Apr 12 with 2904 viewsfloridaboy

Lets not forget the club will probably be able to tap into the US market. They are producing some really good young talent now!

Maybe have a tie up with Phoenix Rising. Maybe some of our youngsters can go there for experience!
Name one realistic signing signing you would like to see this summer? on 14:23 - Apr 12 with 2871 viewsITFC_Jenx

Name one realistic signing signing you would like to see this summer? on 13:10 - Apr 12 by clive_baker

Might set his sights higher than L1 but Matt Smith has always looked a handful when I've seen him. Would certainly be a step up on Hawkins in that #9 role. Out of contract at Millwall.

Michael Morrison, BSE lad, out of contract at Reading. He's had a very good season but again, would imagine he'll want a Championship club.

Ryan Tunnicliffe, I would have him back here in a heartbeat. Out of contract at Luton.

Waghorn? Way out of our league I imagine, unless we did somehow manage to get promoted

Johnston of Wigan, on loan from Feyenoord. They're releasing him, already linked with us. Looked very tidy when we played them a few weeks back.

I think there will be a few good freebies in the summer, the question will be can we attract them here. I would rather fewer and better, offer some nice salaries to 6 or 7 players of quality and look to the academy to fill in the gaps, rather than a bloated squad of averageness.

I'm interested in whether there would be championship players willing to drop down for a season to be part of an exciting project. Think the lure of Paul Cook is also a plus.
Name one realistic signing signing you would like to see this summer? on 14:29 - Apr 12 with 2829 viewsHerbivore

I'd like George Johnston in, he's young and available on a free. Good pedigree having been at Liverpool and Feyenoord and has looked very comfortable at this level with Wigan. Left sided CB as well, which we've needed for some time, and he's pretty good on the ball which suits how Cook wants us playing.

Granted, the top end of the pitch is more pressing but I don't know who is likely to be available in our price range.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Login to get fewer ads

Name one realistic signing signing you would like to see this summer? on 14:32 - Apr 12 with 2820 viewsKeno

If we still in league 1

Max Watters Crawley

Paul Mullin Cambridge

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Name one realistic signing signing you would like to see this summer? on 14:52 - Apr 12 with 2773 viewspointofblue

Name one realistic signing signing you would like to see this summer? on 14:29 - Apr 12 by Herbivore

I'd like George Johnston in, he's young and available on a free. Good pedigree having been at Liverpool and Feyenoord and has looked very comfortable at this level with Wigan. Left sided CB as well, which we've needed for some time, and he's pretty good on the ball which suits how Cook wants us playing.

Granted, the top end of the pitch is more pressing but I don't know who is likely to be available in our price range.

I wouldn’t be at all surprised to see Will Grigg coming here.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Name one realistic signing signing you would like to see this summer? on 14:55 - Apr 12 with 2761 viewsclive_baker

Name one realistic signing signing you would like to see this summer? on 14:32 - Apr 12 by Keno

If we still in league 1

Max Watters Crawley

Paul Mullin Cambridge

Paul Mullin is living with Norwood at the moment.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Name one realistic signing signing you would like to see this summer? on 15:20 - Apr 12 with 2679 viewsistanblue

Why would Curtis take a sideways step from Portsmouth to ITFC (assuming they don't get promoted)? He'd only leave to go to a Champ club i.e. not realistic.

Luke Garbutt anyone?
Name one realistic signing signing you would like to see this summer? on 15:24 - Apr 12 with 2651 viewsHerbivore

Name one realistic signing signing you would like to see this summer? on 15:20 - Apr 12 by istanblue

Why would Curtis take a sideways step from Portsmouth to ITFC (assuming they don't get promoted)? He'd only leave to go to a Champ club i.e. not realistic.

Luke Garbutt anyone?

No to Garbutt. He's a poor left back and not dynamic enough to play as a wide forward in Cook's preferred system. He'd be decent as a left midfielder in a 4-4-2 and passable as a wing back, but he's not what we need.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Name one realistic signing signing you would like to see this summer? on 15:24 - Apr 12 with 2654 viewsKieran_Knows

Name one realistic signing signing you would like to see this summer? on 13:28 - Apr 12 by Parky

How much are the news guys spending? Jephcott, Rhodes, Twine, Kirk realistic?

If we’re talking more realistically: Connor Ogilvie, Wes Burns, Fejiri Okenabirhie, Che Dunkley, Lee Evans, Gavin Massey.

Jephcott, Twine & Kirk would be fantastic signings.

I suspect we'll see Evans, Massey and Johnston (Feyenoord) from Wigan.

My one signing would be Chris Walton from Brighton (who was Cooks number 1 at Wigan for 2 seasons). Big commanding keeper who also suits playing out from the back. He's currently 3rd choice, so I suspect it would only be a loan, but I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Name one realistic signing signing you would like to see this summer? on 15:25 - Apr 12 with 2652 viewsKieran_Knows

Name one realistic signing signing you would like to see this summer? on 14:32 - Apr 12 by Keno

If we still in league 1

Max Watters Crawley

Paul Mullin Cambridge

Max Waters signed for Cardiff in January.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Name one realistic signing signing you would like to see this summer? on 18:17 - Apr 12 with 2383 viewsChiefXL

Name one realistic signing signing you would like to see this summer? on 14:55 - Apr 12 by clive_baker

He really impressed my when playing at FPR for Tranmere last season but never thought he looked the out and out goal scorer he's become this season.

My concern is the goals may be a one-off and we do have a habit of making players revert to their type, rather than elevate them beyond it.
Name one realistic signing signing you would like to see this summer? on 18:21 - Apr 12 with 2354 viewsMattinLondon

Name one realistic signing signing you would like to see this summer? on 14:14 - Apr 12 by floridaboy

Lets not forget the club will probably be able to tap into the US market. They are producing some really good young talent now!

Maybe have a tie up with Phoenix Rising. Maybe some of our youngsters can go there for experience!

Will they be able to qualify for a work permit?
Name one realistic signing signing you would like to see this summer? on 18:23 - Apr 12 with 2338 viewsMB26

Name one realistic signing signing you would like to see this summer? on 13:10 - Apr 12 by clive_baker

Waghorn aside this a very realistic set of targets I'd say. I'd also be tempted to look at Frazier Campbell.
Name one realistic signing signing you would like to see this summer? on 18:43 - Apr 12 with 2284 viewsParky

Name one realistic signing signing you would like to see this summer? on 15:24 - Apr 12 by Kieran_Knows

Jephcott, Twine & Kirk would be fantastic signings.

I suspect we'll see Evans, Massey and Johnston (Feyenoord) from Wigan.

My one signing would be Chris Walton from Brighton (who was Cooks number 1 at Wigan for 2 seasons). Big commanding keeper who also suits playing out from the back. He's currently 3rd choice, so I suspect it would only be a loan, but I'd do it in a heartbeat.

It will definitely be interesting to see what calibre of players we will/won’t sign in the Summer, I imagine players like Twine, Kirk and Jephcott would all command a decent fee and have interest from the Championship. It would make a helluva statement though.

Walton is a great shout, only 25 as well; so could be a solid investment (if we managed to get permanently).
Name one realistic signing signing you would like to see this summer? on 18:51 - Apr 12 with 2250 viewsITFC_Jenx

Name one realistic signing signing you would like to see this summer? on 18:43 - Apr 12 by Parky

It will definitely be interesting to see what calibre of players we will/won’t sign in the Summer, I imagine players like Twine, Kirk and Jephcott would all command a decent fee and have interest from the Championship. It would make a helluva statement though.

Walton is a great shout, only 25 as well; so could be a solid investment (if we managed to get permanently).

I thought Walton was out of contract?
Name one realistic signing signing you would like to see this summer? on 19:48 - Apr 12 with 2137 viewsBobbychase

Name one realistic signing signing you would like to see this summer? on 14:55 - Apr 12 by clive_baker

Another terrible reason for our keyboard warriors to go after Norwood. Players talk to each other.....

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

[Redacted] on 19:56 - Apr 12 with 2105 viewsvictorywilhappen

[Redacted]
Name one realistic signing signing you would like to see this summer? on 21:41 - Apr 12 with 1913 viewsitfctilidie

Michael Morrison is a Haverhill lad, played in my team as a kid, with a young James Krause (FA Youth Cup Winner with Town)
Name one realistic signing signing you would like to see this summer? on 21:45 - Apr 12 with 1899 viewsVic

As someone has said, a lot will depend on selling the club as a project. If we can and it becomes clear there’s real forward traction I think we could attract some real quality.

Let’s not forget there is still a certain cache about Ipswich a club. We have a history from and not too long ago that our feathers friends from the Nest up the road can only dream off. It’s not everything, and I don’t kid myself that they are an infinitely more attractive option right now, but it is a factor that not many of our rival in L1 can equal.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Name one realistic signing signing you would like to see this summer? on 22:21 - Apr 12 with 1808 viewsradiogaga

If Coventry go down, and especially if Mark Robins also leaves, Jordan Shipley
[Post edited 12 Apr 2021 22:22]

Poll: How many points will Town need to make the off-plays?
Blog: Expectations of Paul Lambert's Ipswich

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024