Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I see Cummings is accused of leaking the Dyson texts 08:34 - Apr 23 with 1898 viewsDanTheMan

https://news.sky.com/story/number-10-sources-accuse-dominic-cummings-of-leaking-

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

I see Cummings is accused of leaking the Dyson texts on 08:37 - Apr 23 with 1643 viewsZXBlue

Boris is "saddened".

Boris put and kept this man at the heart of government.
I see Cummings is accused of leaking the Dyson texts on 08:41 - Apr 23 with 1627 viewsGeoffSentence

I love it when shltty people turn on each other.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

I see Cummings is accused of leaking the Dyson texts on 08:50 - Apr 23 with 1613 viewsChurchman

Governments have been leaking stuff for years. The first time I saw it for certain was when Brown was Chancellor. They’ve all been doing it when it suits them ever since and then get all angry when somebody else does it. Liars and hypocrites, in my view.

As for Cummings, what a revolting individual.
I see Cummings is accused of leaking the Dyson texts on 08:59 - Apr 23 with 1596 viewsHerbivore

This is just a way for Johnson to deflect a bit of attention away from the issue of him being dodgy as f**k.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

I see Cummings is accused of leaking the Dyson texts on 09:06 - Apr 23 with 1569 viewsDanTheMan

I see Cummings is accused of leaking the Dyson texts on 08:59 - Apr 23 by Herbivore

This is just a way for Johnson to deflect a bit of attention away from the issue of him being dodgy as f**k.

For sure, but I'm enjoying that they decided to focus their ire onto Dominic Cummings.

I see Cummings is accused of leaking the Dyson texts on 09:15 - Apr 23 with 1545 viewsGlasgowBlue

I see Cummings is accused of leaking the Dyson texts on 08:59 - Apr 23 by Herbivore

The thinking behind putting a Dead Cat on the table is to distract people away from stuff you don't want them to look at. Accusing Cummings in every newspaper of being behind the sleaze leaks is highlighting the sleaze and keeping the story running,

It’s the very opposite of a Dead Cat strategy.
[Post edited 23 Apr 2021 9:16]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

I see Cummings is accused of leaking the Dyson texts on 09:16 - Apr 23 with 1541 viewsGuthrum

An interesting comment I heard on the radio yesterday from Justin Welby, the Archbishop of Canturbury. He pointed out that, far from MPs becoming more corrupt than in the past, instead our standards and expectations have risen greatly in recent times. Most 19th century politicians would not have lasted five minutes in the current climate.

He's not wrong. Going further back to the 18th century, the corruption and bribery was pretty much blatent and open. Often they didn't even bother to hide what they were up to. Walpole was infamous for the use of patronage and the gift of lucrative public offices to hamstring opposition to his power.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

I see Cummings is accused of leaking the Dyson texts on 09:21 - Apr 23 with 1493 viewsBlueNomad

I'm more interested in whether the contents of the leaks are true. The real enemy is Johnson and his miserable crew. That it is someone like Cummings who is allegedly doing the leaking is a bonus. They all deserve each other and we deserve none of them.
Login to get fewer ads

I see Cummings is accused of leaking the Dyson texts on 09:28 - Apr 23 with 1472 viewsElderGrizzly

I see Cummings is accused of leaking the Dyson texts on 09:06 - Apr 23 by DanTheMan

For sure, but I'm enjoying that they decided to focus their ire onto Dominic Cummings.

I'd imagine they need to be careful, as Dom will have a lot of bad stuff on a fair few of the current cabinet, including the PM.

The "Bannon" clique, of which Cummings is a part is not for turning on
I see Cummings is accused of leaking the Dyson texts on 09:32 - Apr 23 with 1451 viewsWeWereZombies

No news vacuum then...

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

I see Cummings is accused of leaking the Dyson texts on 09:40 - Apr 23 with 1415 viewsEdwardStone

I see Cummings is accused of leaking the Dyson texts on 09:32 - Apr 23 by WeWereZombies

No news vacuum then...

You are Dyson with death to mention the King of Vacuum Cleaners
I see Cummings is accused of leaking the Dyson texts on 09:43 - Apr 23 with 1398 viewsWeWereZombies

I see Cummings is accused of leaking the Dyson texts on 09:40 - Apr 23 by EdwardStone

You are Dyson with death to mention the King of Vacuum Cleaners

Don't care, just suck it up...

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

I see Cummings is accused of leaking the Dyson texts on 10:29 - Apr 23 with 1366 viewsmonytowbray

I see Cummings is accused of leaking the Dyson texts on 09:16 - Apr 23 by Guthrum

An interesting comment I heard on the radio yesterday from Justin Welby, the Archbishop of Canturbury. He pointed out that, far from MPs becoming more corrupt than in the past, instead our standards and expectations have risen greatly in recent times. Most 19th century politicians would not have lasted five minutes in the current climate.

He's not wrong. Going further back to the 18th century, the corruption and bribery was pretty much blatent and open. Often they didn't even bother to hide what they were up to. Walpole was infamous for the use of patronage and the gift of lucrative public offices to hamstring opposition to his power.

The whole system has been corrupt for decades.

How many nonces did Thatcher cover up and vouch for again?!

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

I see Cummings is accused of leaking the Dyson texts on 10:32 - Apr 23 with 1356 viewsmonytowbray

I see Cummings is accused of leaking the Dyson texts on 09:28 - Apr 23 by ElderGrizzly

I'd imagine they need to be careful, as Dom will have a lot of bad stuff on a fair few of the current cabinet, including the PM.

The "Bannon" clique, of which Cummings is a part is not for turning on

So gutted he got a pardon and continues to parrot nonsense to borderline terrorists.

TWTD never forgets…

I see Cummings is accused of leaking the Dyson texts on 10:33 - Apr 23 with 1351 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Never start a forum post with "I see Cummings".

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

I see Cummings is accused of leaking the Dyson texts on 10:39 - Apr 23 with 1339 viewsfactual_blue

Whilst not a technical expert, aren't there only two parties to a text message?

Ministers shouldn't be able to text at all. Not the right way to set or discuss policy.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

I see Cummings is accused of leaking the Dyson texts on 12:17 - Apr 23 with 1265 viewsmonytowbray

I see Cummings is accused of leaking the Dyson texts on 10:39 - Apr 23 by factual_blue

Ministers shouldn't be able to text at all. Not the right way to set or discuss policy.

Fo sho, paper trails and accountability.

TWTD never forgets…

I see Cummings is accused of leaking the Dyson texts on 12:19 - Apr 23 with 1263 viewsDanTheMan

I see Cummings is accused of leaking the Dyson texts on 10:39 - Apr 23 by factual_blue

By the sounds of it, these were in group chats, hence them being leaked (I'm assuming Cummings was in them too).

Still, not much better.

I see Cummings is accused of leaking the Dyson texts on 12:36 - Apr 23 with 1237 viewsvapour_trail

I see Cummings is accused of leaking the Dyson texts on 09:21 - Apr 23 by BlueNomad

I'm more interested in whether the contents of the leaks are true. The real enemy is Johnson and his miserable crew. That it is someone like Cummings who is allegedly doing the leaking is a bonus. They all deserve each other and we deserve none of them.

When you say, ‘we deserve none of them’, that’s not strictly true as we (maybe not you or I) keep voting for them.

The public wants what the public gets.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

I see Cummings is accused of leaking the Dyson texts on 12:47 - Apr 23 with 1225 viewsHerbivore

I see Cummings is accused of leaking the Dyson texts on 09:15 - Apr 23 by GlasgowBlue

The thinking behind putting a Dead Cat on the table is to distract people away from stuff you don't want them to look at. Accusing Cummings in every newspaper of being behind the sleaze leaks is highlighting the sleaze and keeping the story running,

It’s the very opposite of a Dead Cat strategy.
[Post edited 23 Apr 2021 9:16]

Not sure I agree. It's an attempt to shift the focus (and blame) on to whoever leaked the messages and to portray the leaking of the messages as being the real problem here.

I see Cummings is accused of leaking the Dyson texts on 12:53 - Apr 23 with 1213 viewsZXBlue

I see Cummings is accused of leaking the Dyson texts on 12:47 - Apr 23 by Herbivore

Not sure I agree. It's an attempt to shift the focus (and blame) on to whoever leaked the messages and to portray the leaking of the messages as being the real problem here.

Absolutely correct.

Its classic Boris.

The tax decisions may well have been the right ones, and it may well be right to criticise leakers. However, the key issue here is a government and PM who do not recognise or respect the need to do things in an appropriate transparent manner.
I see Cummings is accused of leaking the Dyson texts on 13:08 - Apr 23 with 1198 viewsHerbivore

I see Cummings is accused of leaking the Dyson texts on 12:53 - Apr 23 by ZXBlue

Absolutely correct.

Its classic Boris.

The tax decisions may well have been the right ones, and it may well be right to criticise leakers. However, the key issue here is a government and PM who do not recognise or respect the need to do things in an appropriate transparent manner.

In fairness I'm not sure how anyone could have predicted that a government led by Boris Johnson might not do things by the book.

I see Cummings is accused of leaking the Dyson texts on 13:20 - Apr 23 with 1187 viewsSouperJim

I see Cummings is accused of leaking the Dyson texts on 12:53 - Apr 23 by ZXBlue

Absolutely correct.

Its classic Boris.

It's almost as if they sat down and thought, right, who is the most unpopular person we can pin this stuff on?

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

I see Cummings is accused of leaking the Dyson texts on 13:40 - Apr 23 with 1169 viewsThe_Major

I see Cummings is accused of leaking the Dyson texts on 12:47 - Apr 23 by Herbivore

Oh, exactly. It's distraction tactics, and he's been lucky he's had a string of them in the last month.

We've gone flat refurbishment/media room/royal death/ESL and now Cummings. Obviously the royal death and the ESL aren't things orchestrated by the Government, but Johnson is lucky that he's been able to exploit them as a distraction.

But things move fast and he'll be hoping for another distraction in time for the Sunday papers and political talk shows. He'll be hoping for someone to make fun of that picture of Prince Louis or a council demanding the English flag is taken down today.
I see Cummings is accused of leaking the Dyson texts on 14:18 - Apr 23 with 1135 viewsTimefliesbyintheblue

I honestly do not believe the British Public are going to care one jot about this; we needed ventilators, Dyson could manufacturer them quickly, but needed a Tax concession because of his companies move to Singapore - there is no story. In fact i am not even 100% sure these particular ventilators were used - I could be mistaken.
Dyson is not popular with many on the left, as folk were originally convinced he moved away because of Brexit and wanted to use that to their advantage- turned out that was not the case.
Bring back Harold and his Gannex mac made by Baron Kagan! - nothing really changes.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024