Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Reading the EADT Exit interview on Wilson... 19:20 - May 19 with 2455 viewsOriginalMarkyP

...it mentions how he'll probably get snapped up by a League One rival.

It kinda begs the question that in a season where we ditch so many players, how many are going to be playing against us next season. Judge to the Gills maybe? Could be playing an recently departed player almost every other game. All highly motivated to rub Cook's face in it. The curse of the prodigal player often does us. Let's hope it doesnt next season.

Poll: After our 7 goal thrashing of Needham should we?
Blog: Sounds Better in a Song

Reading the EADT Exit interview on Wilson... on 19:32 - May 19 with 2319 viewsOldboy

We will have much better players here, so should be able to deal with them. I would have kept Wilson as back up, but I am sure PC knows what he is doing.
Reading the EADT Exit interview on Wilson... on 20:02 - May 19 with 2166 viewsCheltenham_Blue

With an 'Exit Interview' you'd normally expect an actual interview.

As opposed to this, which looks more like 'Wilson Exit: Andy Warren's Ruminations'

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Reading the EADT Exit interview on Wilson... on 20:34 - May 19 with 2027 viewsChrisd

He did a decent enough job, but a player that genuine L1 promotion chasing sides will snap up? I very much doubt it.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Reading the EADT Exit interview on Wilson... on 20:39 - May 19 with 2007 viewsNthsuffolkblue

"all highly motivated to rub Cook's face in it".

These are players who should have been highly motivated to get us promoted in each of the last two seasons and failed miserably. They should be good enough to play at this level but we are looking at players good enough to play at the next level.

If we can't out-compete a motivated League 1 opposition next season we will have made no progress.

EDIT: Also, "The curse of the prodigal player often does us." Is this actually true? How many of our former players were instrumental in beating us when we played them in the last few seasons?
[Post edited 19 May 2021 20:45]

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Reading the EADT Exit interview on Wilson... on 20:50 - May 19 with 1919 viewsChrisd

Reading the EADT Exit interview on Wilson... on 20:39 - May 19 by Nthsuffolkblue

"all highly motivated to rub Cook's face in it".

These are players who should have been highly motivated to get us promoted in each of the last two seasons and failed miserably. They should be good enough to play at this level but we are looking at players good enough to play at the next level.

If we can't out-compete a motivated League 1 opposition next season we will have made no progress.

EDIT: Also, "The curse of the prodigal player often does us." Is this actually true? How many of our former players were instrumental in beating us when we played them in the last few seasons?
[Post edited 19 May 2021 20:45]

Based on the level of performance and attitude of those outgoing players over the last 2-3 seasons, I doubt we have too much to fear.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Reading the EADT Exit interview on Wilson... on 20:57 - May 19 with 1881 viewsDubtractor

You manage to find a negative angle on almost anything don't you?

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Reading the EADT Exit interview on Wilson... on 21:23 - May 19 with 1749 viewsOriginalMarkyP

Reading the EADT Exit interview on Wilson... on 20:57 - May 19 by Dubtractor

You manage to find a negative angle on almost anything don't you?

I try to. I used to be only positive. Giving negativity a shot. And you know what? It's great!!!!

Poll: After our 7 goal thrashing of Needham should we?
Blog: Sounds Better in a Song

Reading the EADT Exit interview on Wilson... on 21:34 - May 19 with 1694 viewsChurchman

I don’t think we need to worry too much about what these players have to say now..

They did their talking on the pitch. They didn’t say much.

Wilson can be snapped up by a basking halibut for all I care. Journeymen like him are two a penny. We can find better.
Login to get fewer ads

Reading the EADT Exit interview on Wilson... on 00:47 - May 20 with 1409 viewsIllinoisblue

Reading the EADT Exit interview on Wilson... on 21:23 - May 19 by OriginalMarkyP

I try to. I used to be only positive. Giving negativity a shot. And you know what? It's great!!!!

To boost my own positivity I am this/close to putting you on ignore. I’ll give it a day or so to see if you can redeem yourself with some gems from your tv comedy degree learnings.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Reading the EADT Exit interview on Wilson... on 00:54 - May 20 with 1398 viewspointofblue

If Woolfenden, Downes, Dozzell, Bishop, Nydam or Dobra come back to haunt us I won’t be shocked at all (if we happily push the remaining players from that bunch out of the door). Anyone else? I’d be slightly surprised.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Reading the EADT Exit interview on Wilson... on 07:12 - May 20 with 1157 viewsBlueBadger

Christ alive man, you just can't stop will the poorly judged lunges. The step up to Forum Posting from Ness just isn't working out is it?

You're TWTD's very own Toto Nsiala.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Reading the EADT Exit interview on Wilson... on 12:29 - May 20 with 776 viewsPinewoodblue

Reading the EADT Exit interview on Wilson... on 07:12 - May 20 by BlueBadger

Christ alive man, you just can't stop will the poorly judged lunges. The step up to Forum Posting from Ness just isn't working out is it?

You're TWTD's very own Toto Nsiala.

You are not being fair to Toto, he may make mistakes but not everything he touches is useless.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Reading the EADT Exit interview on Wilson... on 12:31 - May 20 with 761 viewsdirtyboy

I really don't think we'll lose as many players as people think.

I'll probably be wrong.
Reading the EADT Exit interview on Wilson... on 12:33 - May 20 with 751 viewsKieran_Knows

Reading the EADT Exit interview on Wilson... on 12:31 - May 20 by dirtyboy

I really don't think we'll lose as many players as people think.

I'll probably be wrong.

We will.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Reading the EADT Exit interview on Wilson... on 12:43 - May 20 with 706 viewsJ2BLUE

If we're bothered by playing against the likes of Wilson and Judge then something has gone wrong.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Reading the EADT Exit interview on Wilson... on 14:31 - May 20 with 566 viewsBlueBadger

Reading the EADT Exit interview on Wilson... on 12:29 - May 20 by Pinewoodblue

You are not being fair to Toto, he may make mistakes but not everything he touches is useless.

So, more a Gwion Edwards then?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024