Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So amber actually means stop 08:37 - May 20 with 1812 viewsbluelagos

Wondering who on here or wider still, in the history of mankind, has ever stopped on an amber light?

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

So amber actually means stop on 08:44 - May 20 with 1784 viewsKropotkin123

It means stop if it is safe to do so. Don't, for example, slam on your brakes if you see an amber light. But if you can safely stop, you must. What it definitely doesn't mean is speed up so you can avoid getting a red light, making you one minute later than you ideally wanted.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

So amber actually means stop on 08:45 - May 20 with 1776 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

I have definitely started to put the breaks on when seeing one. Hoping it turns green for Greece by the end of August though!!

Edit...anyone seen the details on the supposed 30,000 self isolation checks last week?
[Post edited 20 May 2021 8:47]

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

So amber actually means stop on 08:53 - May 20 with 1720 viewsbluelagos

So amber actually means stop on 08:45 - May 20 by BanksterDebtSlave

I have definitely started to put the breaks on when seeing one. Hoping it turns green for Greece by the end of August though!!

Edit...anyone seen the details on the supposed 30,000 self isolation checks last week?
[Post edited 20 May 2021 8:47]

The checks would only apply if you visited and Greece was still amber. So hopefully it will be "green to go" for you.

Priti talking tough isn't the same as things actually happening. She has a record of playing to the gallery. This is a woman who boasted of a reduction of shop lifting during LD1, when the shops (car supermarkets) were shut.

So amber actually means stop on 08:55 - May 20 with 1714 viewsSteve_M

The Daily Star continues it's run of to the point headlines by clarifying this:

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

So amber actually means stop on 08:56 - May 20 with 1706 viewseireblue

Well you have to when you are on bicycle. Especially on busy roads.

Look I know it may annoy car owners, behind me, but, because bicycles are a bit slower than cars, from other angles on the junction, it may look like I jumped a red, and that would annoy even more motorists. I know motorists are very keen on cyclists obeying the law.
So amber actually means stop on 09:34 - May 20 with 1575 viewsfactual_blue

Yes. Unless you have crossed the 'stop' line, or are so close to it that to pull up might cause an accident.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

An amber light means stop.... on 09:41 - May 20 with 1555 viewsBloots

....the law states that it is an obligation to stop unless the light is green.

As stated below the only exception would be if it was dangerous to do so.

Enduringly lovable, intelligent and thunderingly exquisite.

So amber actually means stop on 11:03 - May 20 with 1448 viewsghostofescobar

Thought it meant “Quick, accelerate like made to get over the lights before they turn red”

GhostOfEscobar

Login to get fewer ads

So amber actually means stop on 11:12 - May 20 with 1419 viewsElephantintheRoom

Surely everyone who knows the highway code has stopped at an amber light - unless they are a cyclist - because amber means its going to be red very shortly - and you shouldnt go - that was the green light

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

So amber actually means stop on 11:22 - May 20 with 1400 viewsJ2BLUE

Am amber light is basically use common sense. If you're right in line with the light then go. If you're 20 metres away then prepare to stop. It's not difficult, and nor is the amber light for these countries. Go if you must, but if it's just for a holiday it's not a good idea.

A man of your obvious intelligence should be able to see this. I know you want to get out and about and you're looking for what you want to see but it's not a great look. Hopefully in a few months everywhere will be green. If people can use some common sense for a while and we don't get a new variant because someone had to go to an amber country and were too special and important to isolate we might have a chance...

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

So amber actually means stop on 11:25 - May 20 with 1388 viewsKeno

I thought this post was about her

By way, what's been photo shopped out of that picture?

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

So amber actually means stop on 11:26 - May 20 with 1379 viewsHARRY10

So amber actually means stop on 09:34 - May 20 by factual_blue

Yes. Unless you have crossed the 'stop' line, or are so close to it that to pull up might cause an accident.

Which would mean any car(s) behind, who were unable to brake, were not travelling at a safe distance
So amber actually means stop on 11:29 - May 20 with 1361 viewsSpruceMoose

So amber actually means stop on 11:22 - May 20 by J2BLUE

Am amber light is basically use common sense. If you're right in line with the light then go. If you're 20 metres away then prepare to stop. It's not difficult, and nor is the amber light for these countries. Go if you must, but if it's just for a holiday it's not a good idea.

A man of your obvious intelligence should be able to see this. I know you want to get out and about and you're looking for what you want to see but it's not a great look. Hopefully in a few months everywhere will be green. If people can use some common sense for a while and we don't get a new variant because someone had to go to an amber country and were too special and important to isolate we might have a chance...

Indeed. It doesn't mean stop thinking for yourself and blindly trust that disaster isn't a possibility ahead.

I want to come home. Like many people in a similar situation I've missed family births and deaths since March 2020. I don't have a lot of sympathy for people who maybe had a holiday last year moaning that they might not get the holiday they really want this year. Have a holiday close to home in the UK, or abroad to somewhere on this green list if you really must. Personally we have a break booked close to home here in the North East. Maybe later this year we can go further afield.
[Post edited 20 May 2021 11:31]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

I've been thinking long and hard..... on 11:38 - May 20 with 1333 viewsBloots

So amber actually means stop on 11:29 - May 20 by SpruceMoose

Indeed. It doesn't mean stop thinking for yourself and blindly trust that disaster isn't a possibility ahead.

I want to come home. Like many people in a similar situation I've missed family births and deaths since March 2020. I don't have a lot of sympathy for people who maybe had a holiday last year moaning that they might not get the holiday they really want this year. Have a holiday close to home in the UK, or abroad to somewhere on this green list if you really must. Personally we have a break booked close to home here in the North East. Maybe later this year we can go further afield.
[Post edited 20 May 2021 11:31]

....about whether to go to Devon, The Falkland Islands or Tristan de Cunha.

After literally seconds of thought, I decided on Devon.

Enduringly lovable, intelligent and thunderingly exquisite.

I've been thinking long and hard..... on 12:18 - May 20 with 1264 viewsSpruceMoose

I've been thinking long and hard..... on 11:38 - May 20 by Bloots

Bit close to Brexity Cornwall isn't it?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Tristan de Cunha. on 12:34 - May 20 with 1238 viewsKeno

I've been thinking long and hard..... on 11:38 - May 20 by Bloots

arent we linked with him?

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

So amber actually means stop on 16:21 - May 20 with 1100 viewsbluelagos

So amber actually means stop on 11:22 - May 20 by J2BLUE

I think my point might have been too subtle J2. Namely that amber means different things to different people. And saying that it means "stop" (which it does) doesn't mean everyone will stop.

So amber actually means stop on 16:24 - May 20 with 1087 viewsJ2BLUE

So amber actually means stop on 16:21 - May 20 by bluelagos

I think my point might have been too subtle J2. Namely that amber means different things to different people. And saying that it means "stop" (which it does) doesn't mean everyone will stop.

My bad.

Truly impaired.

So amber actually means stop on 16:26 - May 20 with 1075 viewsbluelagos

So amber actually means stop on 16:24 - May 20 by J2BLUE

My bad.

Don't worry. My reputation proceeds me....hence why you guys (not unreasonably) assume I am keen to go on hols (which I am) albeit - not if it's not safe.

Happy to follow the unofficial "Don't go" on amber - just a bit miffed (as ever) at the mixed messages.

So amber actually means stop on 16:28 - May 20 with 1064 viewsJ2BLUE

So amber actually means stop on 16:26 - May 20 by bluelagos

Don't worry. My reputation proceeds me....hence why you guys (not unreasonably) assume I am keen to go on hols (which I am) albeit - not if it's not safe.

Happy to follow the unofficial "Don't go" on amber - just a bit miffed (as ever) at the mixed messages.

I hope you can go anywhere you choose soon. Without a mask.

...Unless you think that would help you pull?

Truly impaired.

So amber actually means stop on 16:31 - May 20 with 1060 viewsbluelagos

So amber actually means stop on 16:28 - May 20 by J2BLUE

I hope you can go anywhere you choose soon. Without a mask.

...Unless you think that would help you pull?

I used to have an ugly mate - we nicknamed him Yoda he was so ugly. Perfect wingman - stand next to him in a pub/nightclub and anyone looks like Brad Pitt.

And yeah, am sure a mask would help :-(

So amber actually means stop on 16:38 - May 20 with 1031 viewsLeaky

So amber actually means stop on 11:12 - May 20 by ElephantintheRoom

Surely everyone who knows the highway code has stopped at an amber light - unless they are a cyclist - because amber means its going to be red very shortly - and you shouldnt go - that was the green light

So if you are making a journey to India you jump a amber light in London Is it still common sense to carry on to India. Idiots will always find an excuse to brake the rules
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024