Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Troy Parrott 10:33 - May 28 with 6972 viewschicoazul

Apparently we have offered him a contract. He didn’t exactly set the world on fire did he, but I suppose he could be a good freebie.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Troy Parrott on 10:34 - May 28 with 4241 viewsKieran_Knows

Presume it would be another loan rather than a permanent deal?

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Troy Parrott on 10:34 - May 28 with 4219 viewshype313

I think he was the one tiny bright light we had last season, clearly rough around the edges but I actually think with some decent coaching he has the attributes to become something decent.

He certainly has the passion and desire.

I wouldn't be averse.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Troy Parrott on 10:34 - May 28 with 4219 viewsbluesym

Didn't realise he was potentially a free agent. Taking him on a permanent deal,I would be more than happy with.

Poll: Is Micheal Mcintyre actually funny?

Troy Parrott on 10:35 - May 28 with 4217 viewschicoazul

Troy Parrott on 10:34 - May 28 by Kieran_Knows

Presume it would be another loan rather than a permanent deal?

Out of contract so I’m told.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Troy Parrott on 10:36 - May 28 with 4181 viewsKieran_Knows

Troy Parrott on 10:35 - May 28 by chicoazul

Looks like till 2023.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11675/11927428/troy-parrott-signs-three-

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Troy Parrott on 10:36 - May 28 with 4161 viewsbluesym

Troy Parrott on 10:35 - May 28 by chicoazul

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/troy-parrott/profil/spieler/552655

Not sure how accurate this is but says he is indeed out of contract.

EDIT- That is when his loan contract expires.
[Post edited 28 May 2021 10:38]

Poll: Is Micheal Mcintyre actually funny?

Troy Parrott on 10:37 - May 28 with 4144 viewschicoazul

Troy Parrott on 10:36 - May 28 by Kieran_Knows

Looks like till 2023.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11675/11927428/troy-parrott-signs-three-

Oh! This has come from a Spurs buddy of mine who plays golf with a load of their staff. He said his contract is up.

Edit; maybe he means a loan I’ll ask him later
[Post edited 28 May 2021 10:41]

Troy Parrott on 10:37 - May 28 with 4126 viewsusm

He's easily good enough for Div 3 and will get better, with the right help.
Think he'll go to a Championship club though.

FOYSC
Poll: Did Broad just get a hat trick without realising ?

Login to get fewer ads

Troy Parrott on 10:39 - May 28 with 4085 viewsSteve_M

He didn't, but I liked him. Good work rate, nice touch and awareness albeit still raw. Feels like the kind of signing that would be a good one for both us and the player, certainly better for him than a succession of loan deals.

I think there were enough hints that we might look to take him on loan again it's not entirely surprising if we are looking to do a permanent deal.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Troy Parrott on 10:41 - May 28 with 4045 viewsMookamoo

Has talent and the sort of player that needs to be judged as part of a functioning squad.

Thought there we questions over his timekeeping and commitment to training.
Troy Parrott on 10:43 - May 28 with 4024 viewsKeaneish

He’ll be a real asset next season in a well drilled Cook system. He was inconsistent for most of his time here but in the last three games or so when the side looked more organised, he started to shine in that number ten role. Hope this is true and he’s here next season.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Troy Parrott on 10:43 - May 28 with 4024 viewstractorboy1978

Very much doubt it. He's contracted until 2023 and probably on decent whack at Spurs given how rated he was when he signed the 3 year deal.
Troy Parrott on 10:54 - May 28 with 3854 viewsdavblue

Troy Parrott on 10:39 - May 28 by Steve_M

He didn't, but I liked him. Good work rate, nice touch and awareness albeit still raw. Feels like the kind of signing that would be a good one for both us and the player, certainly better for him than a succession of loan deals.

I think there were enough hints that we might look to take him on loan again it's not entirely surprising if we are looking to do a permanent deal.

One that if we got him in could be worth 10plus million in the future with the right development and if we were in the championship.

Don't see it happening in a million years though, Tottenham, could probably get 4 or 5 million for him now so for them, it's better to get him out on loan and play with a view to selling him for 10+ million if he has a good season in the championship.
Troy Parrott on 10:59 - May 28 with 3775 viewsHerbivore

I think the chances of him coming here permanently are close to zero. He's very well regarded at Spurs and even if they were to decide to let him leave permanently he'd have suitors from the lower Prem (likely with a view to loaning him out initially) and the Championship. A loan might be possible.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Troy Parrott on 11:10 - May 28 with 3649 viewsSomethingBlue

Don't think it would be permanent but I would have him back here in a heartbeat. Has a lot about him and will start improving very quickly now, I think. Wouldn't read too much into the fact he wasn't exactly banging them in for us this season.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Troy Parrott on 11:13 - May 28 with 3614 viewsTown_Boy

Troy Parrott on 10:59 - May 28 by Herbivore

I think the chances of him coming here permanently are close to zero. He's very well regarded at Spurs and even if they were to decide to let him leave permanently he'd have suitors from the lower Prem (likely with a view to loaning him out initially) and the Championship. A loan might be possible.

Have people seen a different Parrott to the one I saw?

Very average player at that can’t see any premier league clubs coming for him at all and championship

Wouldn’t be too excited if we got him

Next..

At the end of the day... It is night
Poll: What stand will you be renewing with the new prices

Troy Parrott on 11:16 - May 28 with 3578 viewsSomethingBlue

Troy Parrott on 11:13 - May 28 by Town_Boy

Very average player at that can’t see any premier league clubs coming for him at all and championship

Next..

He'd barely turned 19 and came into a team that simply couldn't function, I think he handled himself pretty well in the circumstances.
[Post edited 28 May 2021 11:16]

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Troy Parrott on 11:21 - May 28 with 3507 viewschrismakin

Troy Parrott on 11:16 - May 28 by SomethingBlue

He'd barely turned 19 and came into a team that simply couldn't function, I think he handled himself pretty well in the circumstances.
[Post edited 28 May 2021 11:16]

What sort of player would you call Pattott? All out striker, inside forward, a 10?
I'm not 100% sure what his best position is.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Troy Parrott on 11:30 - May 28 with 3445 viewsHerbivore

Troy Parrott on 11:13 - May 28 by Town_Boy

Next..

He's only 19, ffs, and he's a full international already. I agree he didn't stand out for us but he was brought into a car crash of a club and at times showed glimpses of his ability. Utter madness to write him off, and I stand by that if Spurs let him go permanently (which they won't) it'll be to at least the level above us.

Troy Parrott on 11:31 - May 28 with 3417 viewschrismakin

Troy Parrott on 11:30 - May 28 by Herbivore

He's only 19, ffs, and he's a full international already. I agree he didn't stand out for us but he was brought into a car crash of a club and at times showed glimpses of his ability. Utter madness to write him off, and I stand by that if Spurs let him go permanently (which they won't) it'll be to at least the level above us.

What makes you think he would go the championship?, he's scored 2 senior goals.

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

Troy Parrott on 11:34 - May 28 with 3386 viewshype313

Troy Parrott on 11:31 - May 28 by chrismakin

What makes you think he would go the championship?, he's scored 2 senior goals.

He's 19 and before us he was playing in the Spuds youth team, how do expect him to score goals in the championship without being given the chance, when he clearly has the attributes to do so, if Tottenham think so highly of him, why wouldn't championship clubs?

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Troy Parrott on 11:35 - May 28 with 3378 viewsMookamoo

Troy Parrott on 11:30 - May 28 by Herbivore

I thought we were recruiting a level above us.
Troy Parrott on 11:36 - May 28 with 3360 viewsHerbivore

Troy Parrott on 11:35 - May 28 by Mookamoo

I thought we were recruiting a level above us.

In theory. In reality we won't be able to compete with the kind of clubs who'd be interested in Parrott if Spurs were letting him go permanently.

Troy Parrott on 11:40 - May 28 with 3323 viewsTimefliesbyintheblue

Troy Parrott on 11:36 - May 28 by Herbivore

In theory. In reality we won't be able to compete with the kind of clubs who'd be interested in Parrott if Spurs were letting him go permanently.

I agree Herbivore - there is something about him that makes me think he will go on to a good career - we can draw a parallel with when Kane was at Norwich - I think this boy is at about the same stage of his career
Troy Parrott on 11:41 - May 28 with 3298 viewschrismakin

Troy Parrott on 11:34 - May 28 by hype313

He's 19 and before us he was playing in the Spuds youth team, how do expect him to score goals in the championship without being given the chance, when he clearly has the attributes to do so, if Tottenham think so highly of him, why wouldn't championship clubs?

You maybe right, but i'd be surpised with all the out of contract talent available, or goal scoring lower league strikers for champ clubs to look at, that they would take a punt on Parrott who's not really shown at all IMO he's anywhere near champ level yet

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024