Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FFS 22:59 - Jul 11 with 1086 viewsDubtractor

Southgate has been amazing all tournament, but he got a lot wrong today. Not least asking 2 teenagers to ptake the last 2 penalties.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

FFS on 23:01 - Jul 11 with 1039 viewschrismakin

Pressure.

Until tonight he didnt really have any as hed already got us to the final. That was more than we have had for long long while.

I just dont know why if they are your pen takers you dint split them with Kane and mcguire either side of them

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

FFS on 23:02 - Jul 11 with 1022 viewsScuzzer

And bringing Saka on...feel sorry for him...asked to do a job that he just wasnt up to.

Established 1968

FFS on 23:05 - Jul 11 with 986 viewsN2_Blue

FFS on 23:02 - Jul 11 by Scuzzer

And bringing Saka on...feel sorry for him...asked to do a job that he just wasnt up to.

Yet had more bottle than Grealish and Sterling. Feel for him too. He seemed nervous all game

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

FFS on 23:06 - Jul 11 with 964 viewsMullet

I’m shocked Grealish and Sterling didn’t take one in the 5

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

FFS on 23:11 - Jul 11 with 923 viewsSarge

I don’t think their age is a factor, they’re big time players for massive clubs. But you can’t bring on two players for the last 40 seconds and have them take penalties in a final. Tough call because you risk giving away a goal by bringing on the penalty team too early but that’s not enough time to get acclimatised.
FFS on 23:14 - Jul 11 with 887 viewsSwansea_Blue

It looks that way Dubs. But then his belief in his whole squad is part of what’s got them here in the first place.

Who are we to judge?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

FFS on 23:17 - Jul 11 with 848 viewsLankHenners

Hard to know with pens whether they were put forward or they wanted to step up. Agree though needed more experienced heads like Maguire to come and confidently take on without overthinking it.

The one thing Southgate should have done is change formation earlier (even at HT) as it was clear Italy were dominating and going to score at some point.

Real kick in the gut that. So close and to end like that.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

FFS on 08:18 - Jul 12 with 637 viewsJammyDodgerrr

It's entirely possible that they are our 5 best penalty takers, in the right order and they just missed. Penalties are a lottery for a reason.

The game was lost way before that.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Login to get fewer ads

FFS on 08:21 - Jul 12 with 620 viewsBryanPlug

FFS on 08:18 - Jul 12 by JammyDodgerrr

It's entirely possible that they are our 5 best penalty takers, in the right order and they just missed. Penalties are a lottery for a reason.

The game was lost way before that.

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

FFS on 08:28 - Jul 12 with 592 viewschicoazul

FFS on 23:06 - Jul 11 by Mullet

I’m shocked Grealish and Sterling didn’t take one in the 5

At a guess I’d say he was waiting to use them in the sudden death pens, but I agree with Dubbers in full. Never mind. World Cup next year!

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

FFS on 08:38 - Jul 12 with 546 viewsJammyDodgerrr

FFS on 08:21 - Jul 12 by BryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Hilarious - you know what I mean. This article sums it up perfectly:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2021/jul/12/gareth-southgate-undone-by

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

FFS on 08:51 - Jul 12 with 506 viewsOsborneOneNil

FFS on 08:38 - Jul 12 by JammyDodgerrr

Hilarious - you know what I mean. This article sums it up perfectly:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2021/jul/12/gareth-southgate-undone-by

Yeah that’s bang on.

Why he didn’t bring Jack on in the second half is beyond me.
FFS on 08:56 - Jul 12 with 471 viewshype313

To be fair, age shouldn't really come into it, Saka plays for Arsenal, Rashford at Utd and Sancho at Dortmund, if they're not fit to take a penalty then they shouldn't be anywhere near those squads.

It's just a lottery, add in the fact that their Keeper was excellent and huge, does make you wonder if players have a different view when facing him.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024